gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-04-2018, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 06:41 PM by Eisleif.)

The ice and snow around the silvery she wolf made her feel at home, though she felt the loneliness like an icicle through her heart. Her family was miles and miles away, but she had been determined to go out and find her own way. The stubbornness of her own decision might have been what kept her from returning to Neith’s side, but the fresh scent of adventure was behind every glacier.

The striped Viking child found the base of the colliding glaciers, her bright eyes unable to deter her spirit in wanting to reach the top of them. Even with the summer sun the cold of the North was evident in the breeze and the snow that lingered on the earth. The climb would be a challenge, but what was worth having if you did not have to fight for it. She found herself smirking at the slippery path that teased her, and with little more hesitation she started up the almost path.

Her journey was just as difficult as she expected for it to unfold. She slipped more times than she wished to remember and as she began to reach the zenith once more her front leg erred and her chin was bashed against the hard ice. Eisleif sucked her breath in at the sting and broken skin. Blood welled up in the superficial wound, but she again regained her footing and completed her mission.

All of the North lay sprawled out before her, and she was still and silent in her awe. Her brilliant gaze took in the scenery as she turned to take in all before her. With a triumphant feeling welling in her breast she pulled back her head and howled long into the intense wind that whipped all around her. She had won against the elements.                                      
""  

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
11-10-2018, 01:04 PM
The higher she climbed, the crisper and purer the air became and Valkyrie found herself breathing deeply not because the journey was taxing but because she couldn't get enough of the height's sweet taste. The land was rugged, the air thin, the prey few and crafty, and yet this cold 'scape was as inviting to her as a fresh kill. Valkyrie was in her element here. This was where she belonged.

A howl carried on the wind brought her head around. She stared into a whirl of snow that briefly blocked her view, her gaze hawkish and searching. In an instant the air was clear and she was able to zero in on the black markings of the mostly silver stranger. Immediately she was reminded of her father. While she'd only seen him a handful of times, his appearance was forever seared into her mind. Given her father's predilection for sowing wild oats, Valkyrie's thoughts immediately went to the possibility that she was looking at a bastard relative.

It wasn't out of the realm of possibility, was it? She'd already be reunited with an aunt and she had been directed here for a reason, hadn't she? It was clear the gods continued to show her favor.

Raising her voice over the howl of the wind, Valkyrie called to the woman. With the wind as wild as it was they would never be able to hold a conversation over the distance that separated them. Valkyrie strove to fix that and began to take confident strides in Eisleif's direction.

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-17-2018, 09:08 AM

She felt her elation suddenly disturbed by the call of another wolf, her brilliant sapphire eyes snapped to attention as she searched for the opposing figure in the swirling snow. Across the peak she could see the dark figure, the snow concealing much of the other’s form. Eisleif tilted her head to try and get a better view, but she could only see the figure attempting to move more near. Eisleif’s curiosity was piqued and she felt herself call out again in return. Lifting her head and giving an encouraging howl before making her own way over the treacherous ground.

She lost some elevation as her black paws carried her over the frozen ground, though her experienced form had no fear of slipping. Her fur was whipped about in the intense wind, but her thick coat protected her from the chill. The stranger became more clear as she drew more near, slightly taller than herself, with similar striking blue eyes. ”Heil, stranger.” Eisleif called over the wind when she was close enough. The adrenaline of her accomplishment still coursing through her body.

""

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-23-2018, 08:45 PM
The woman's greeting heartened Valkyrie. This was looking more and more promising - and the conversation had only just begun! She'd spent just enough time in Boreas to know that the standard greeting among her people was nearly unheard of here. In fact, the only wolf to greet her that way had been her aunt Alfrun.

"Heil og sæl," she called back over the wind.

She drank in the woman's features as she approached and noted all of the similarities between her and Valkyrie's father and grandfather. After a moment she decided to just go for it. No sense in beating around the push, right?

As soon as they were within easy talking distance she asked, "Forgive my directness, but even from a distance I could tell you bear a striking resemblance to my father. Do you happen to know Taufr Finnvi? Or perhaps Laufey?"

Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-24-2018, 05:15 PM

Eisleif felt surprised, and pleased that the young woman returned the traditional greeting. She felt herself grin, taking in the striking blue eyes of the chocolate fae. The woman continued before Eis could identify herself, apologizing for her directness but hitting the nail on the head with her assumption of Eis’s lineage. She couldn’t say that she would have been able to guess the same, except for the bright blue eyes that seemed to dominate their family lines. Taufr sounded vaguely familiar, but Laufey was quick to be brought into her mind.

She grinned, this she wolf must have been some distant relative. She hadn’t expected to meet up with any family when she had returned, but already she felt confident in having come across the girl ”Laufey is my father.” She rumbled over the sound of the roaring winds. ”Eisleif Finnvi, daughter of Laufey and Neith. How do you know of my lineage?” She suspected the woman was family, but she had to ask for certain.
""

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-30-2018, 08:56 PM
The woman's grin told Valkyrie everything she needed to know. Valkyrie found herself grinning back at Eisleif. The woman, who looked so much like her father, was related just as she'd suspected. She had all the familiar markings. The monochrome gradient, the stripes, the blue eyes. Valkyrie would have been more surprised if the woman hadn't been a relative.

Ah, so this woman was an aunt. That didn't surprise her. Grandfather Laufey had sired many children throughout his lifetime. Had she stayed with her family Valkyrie would have been surrounded by aunts, uncles and their many progeny.

Valkyrie gave a shallow dip of her head in acknowledgement of the woman's words, then introduced herself. "My name is Valkyrie Finnvi. My father is Taufr Finnvi and his father is Laufey Finnvi, so it's a pleasure to meet you, Aunt Eisleif."

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-03-2018, 07:47 PM

Eisleif hadn’t stayed with her father much past her first couple of years, but she knew there were many other members of the family out there. While Eisleif had enjoyed being surrounded by them when she was younger the appeal hadn’t lingered. She had gone, wanting to forge her own path in life. She was more than happy with her decision so far. The girl was quick to affirm Eis’s assumptions too. She was indeed related. Her very own niece.

Eisleif felt her grin enlarge, another Finnvi stalked the lands, another ally to call upon when she had need. One more to heed when she called for her aunt. ”Indeed, quite the pleasure, Valkyrie.” Still the wind threatened to whip around her words. ”Is my old man still kicking?” She asked, finding herself genuinely curious about his health. She had no doubt her devoted mother still lingered by his side if he was.

""

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Valkyrie nodded in response to her aunt's question and then, after a particularly loud howl of the wind, launched into a more detailed answer. "Indeed he is, and doing quite well for himself, I might add. Back home he's a Jarl and he's made quite a name for himself and the King he serves."

Valkyrie's thoughts briefly drifted back to the family she'd left behind. It was hard not to think of them and become homesick, but she was quick to quash the feeling before it could take root. She was here to make them proud. "He's actually why I came to Boreas. He told such stories of his time here and of my grandmother Katja."

Perhaps a bit frank, she added, "He said the lands here were ready for the harvest and that I could make my fortune here." If Eisleif was anything like the rest of Valkyrie's family she would catch Valkyrie's meaning quite quickly.

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-09-2018, 01:39 PM

A few too many years had passed since she had been in the presence of her family, one action she had learned to regret. An emotion she didn’t often feel. However, hearing of her father’s success grew a warmth in her ice born heart. An amused grin lingered on her features realizing she shouldn’t doubt her father’s tenacity. Of course he hadn’t crossed yet.

The young Finnvi explained why she had even come out here, Laufey playing a key role in her decision. If her sire thought to support her, Eisleif couldn’t very well deny the child her aid. Valkyrie quoted the Jarl then, and Eisleif was brought vivid images of those words leaving Laufey’s lips. Eisleif grinning knowingly. ”You will need brothers and sisters to help with the reaping. All ye need do is ask.” Eisleif offered with interest, was this the sign she had been waiting for? Her niece appearing at the top of such a harsh peak, her strength made obvious. A contented feeling touched her core and Eisleif grinned.
""

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Valkyrie was heartened by her aunt's words. The fates continued to smiled upon her. It seemed every which way she looked she found allies. She'd expected to encounter many hardships in Boreas (and still did) but so far the path had been easy and her burdens light.

Strangers as they may have been, it made sense for the women to join forces. After all, they shared blood. They may not have grown up together, might not have shared history, but what they had in common no outsider could match.

"I will," she agreed. "Many strong and capable fighters for the campaign ahead." She studied Eisleif for a moment before adding, "And if you will join me no doubt we will find success. So consider this my asking," she said with a grin.

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Blood was thicker than water, or so the saying went and in that moment Eisleif couldn’t deny its truth. Eisleif wanted glory, and no good warrior gained that with out their shield mates. She was closely related to Valkyrie, what other bond than blood did they need? Besides, she had her father’s blessing and Eisleif wouldn’t ignore that.

Valkyrie seemed to agree with Eisleif’s prediction for the future, and even though the wind roared around them she could hear the power in the young Finnvi’s voice. Valkyire would indeed have use of her, and Eisleif was quick to nod in acceptance. ”Then you shall have me.” She stood a little taller, ready to be called upon when needed. ”Boreas will be laid open for the picking.”
""

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Grateful for her aunt's aid and humbled by favor of the fates, Valkyrie dipped her head in thanks to Eisleif. "Indeed it will. I need just one more fighter in my ranks and we will be ready to begin our campaign." She grinned excitedly at her aunt. "How about we head someplace less windy to talk? I think we have a lot to discuss, föðursystir." In addition to being excited about the days ahead, Valkyrie was curious about the days past. In particular, what Eisleif could tell her about the pack Yfir and her grandparents' time in Boreas. There was so much she wanted to know about her people's history here.

-exit?-