gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
11-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Novel lay under the willows, finding the place just as lovely as Ara had said. She felt a soft smile linger on her features as the bright yellow leaves swayed around her in the gentle autumn breeze. Peace finally found the old woman. She felt a relief from her guilt for the first time in years, and though she was no longer surrounded by family she felt like home. 

A soft sigh filtered from her silver lips as her tail twitched contentedly beside her. Sweet little song birds serenaded her with their melody as the peaceful day progressed to noon time. The winter would be difficult on her old bones, already arthritis stiffened her joints and made moving uncomfortable. She sighed heavily then, not for the first time wishing she could turn back time. 

Of course with her knowledge of herbs she could and would make herself a tincture to soothe the pain. But herbs could only do so much for her aching body. She wondered if Ara felt the same pains in herself, she didn't doubt it. 

Placing her head on her paws she prepared herself for a short nap, she was tired so much more often now no matter how much she seemed to sleep.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
11-12-2018, 07:56 PM

He was on his way back from one of his patrols and today he was feeling a bit more worn out then he normally did. The pups were a handful at this stage and he was realizing that he was getting older. He had to admit though at the end of the day he was still completely satisfied with how his life currently was. He couldn't imagine it to be any better and his weariness seemed so small compared to his family and the pack. It made him look forward to waking up every morning and seeing the sleeping forms of his family.

He was heading back towards his willow when he passed the scent of one of the newer pack members. He paused and looked towards to willow the scent was drifting from. He recognized it as Ara's close friend Novel who had joined the pack at their last meeting. He had yet to formally meet her, though he didn't want to disturb her either. Although it wouldn't hurt to check, if she was resting he would simply come back another time.

He moved over to the willow an gently peeked through the draping branches. She was just placing her head on her paws, not yet asleep, but somehow he still felt like he was disturbing her.

"Excuse me, do you mind some company," he asked, hoping she wouldn't mind.

"Frost Talk", & 'Frost Think'

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
11-13-2018, 06:43 PM
Novel had just set her head upon her paws when the voice of another caused her to sit up. Elohim blinked an eye from his own sleep up in the branches but otherwise didn't acknowledge the company. Her bright gaze looked his younger frame over, recognizing him as a new father and alpha of the pack she had just joined. A smile crept over her silver streaked muzzle as she shifted her body to a more comfortable pose for conversation. "Of course," she motioned for him to join her under the shade of the willow. 

She remembered being a new mother, though she was also sure his experience was much different than hers. Her sons had been forced upon her and still all these years later she could recall the pain that man had caused. Her only comfort now was that he was surely long dead. 

"You might have caught my name at the meeting, but I am Novel. There was a bit too much commotion to catch your own." She smiled as she asked his name in a round about way. Her hearing wasn't what it used to be, and though she was sure someone had mentioned his name at least once she hadn't caught it.

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
11-26-2018, 08:40 PM

He smiled as she accepted his company and entered under the willow tree to settle down at the spot she had motioned to. His tall form was already beginning to feel the ache of arthritis, but it wasn't horrible yet and it was a type of discomfort he could handle for now. She went on to formally introduce herself and he did his best to remember the name. She was a part of the pack and he did not want to forget her name.

"It's nice to formally meet you Novel, when it's not so crazy with commotion. I'm Frostbite," he replied in turn. "You are close friends with Ara?"

He still didn't know much about Ara and had been surprised to see a new face show up to the meeting beside her. They both looked fairly comfortable in each other's company which led him to assume that they were at least very close friends. This was also part of his way to figure out a little about both women, to either confirm or deny what he thought.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
11-27-2018, 07:23 PM
The alpha seemed to find it easy to settle beside her, and Novel smiled sweetly as he got comfortable in the shade beside her. He repeated her name and officially gave her his own, Frostbite. She looked him over quickly and couldn’t argue the name certainly fit him. He mentioned Ara then, and she felt her eyes grow a bit distant. Labels matter little in her world now, and everything was so complicated. She hoped Ara wouldn’t be upset with what she did eventually decide to tell him. ”My mate.” She decided on. ”We raised two boys together, and were separated for a long time.” She continued, realizing he might wonder why she hadn’t been there when Ara had officially joined. ”How long have you and their mother been together?” She wasn’t sure if she had spied the woman who birthed them at the meeting.

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
12-10-2018, 08:32 PM

He was a little surprised at her reply, but he tried to not show it. His eyes curiously glancing over to the older female beside him. He had never heard of it before, but his upbringing had been different enough that two females being mates didn't phase him much. It just made him a bit more curious on the history between the two. He nodded as she explained that they had been separated for a while helping him make sense over why she hadn't joined the same time Ara had. She then turned the subject to him and a light smile crossed his face.

"We practically grew up together. My clan took Star in and adopted her and we became best friends. It was just a few years ago that we really figured out our feelings," he stated.

Star had once again become distant since the pups were old enough to roam around the pack. He had been seeing less and less of her and he was fearing that something was going on that he was missing. He was busy with teaching the pups and keeping up with his duties, but he would have to figure out why she was around less and less.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
12-13-2018, 06:00 PM
Novel loved Ara, more than anything but her sons. She had spent so much time with out her that even now she was the most precious wolf in her life. She still struggled with the guilt of leaving her for so long, but it no longer consumed her. Novel was learning to enjoy her life day by day, being in her mate’s presence was all she needed anymore. She let Ara slip from her thoughts as their conversation turned towards Frostbite and his own mate. Their lives seemed to have played out somewhat similarly. She had known Ara since they were very young, but hadn’t realized her love for her until after Psalm and Hymn had been born. Her support during the most difficult time of her life had been invaluable.

”She obviously makes you happy.” She added, not missing the smile that lingered on his features. ”So, are you a first time father?” He’d mentioned the two of them had only been together for a few years, was this their first litter?

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-28-2019, 08:40 PM

To her words he smiled and nodded. No other women could make him happier then Stardust. Her personality and the memories they had together. Even now as they shared parenthood and learning the dos and don'ts of raising children he found his confidence and his strength in her. They did things together and figured out problems together. Star always knew how to make him smile even through the darkest times.

"She certainly does," he replied looking to Novel. "Officially yes, first time father, but growing up I pitched in raising and teaching my younger cousins so some young experience."

The clan seemed to always have litters that needed taught and babysat and for the most part he was a babysitter, but when he was old enough he pitched in teaching his younger cousins how to hunt and defend themselves along with the more simple lessons of life.

"How old would your boys be," he asked curiously, not wanting all the focus on him.