An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
11-12-2018, 05:12 AM
It had been a snap decision to venture further northward after her stop at Lirim. She had meant to turn back and go straight home, before the strong scent of her flower oil could wear off. But it had been a while since she’d ventured into the north.

Her nose had cleared, finally, by the time she passed the crevice that led down to the earth’s fiery blood river where she’d met Jupiter, and she stopped in surprise as she nearly crossed a fresh pack border. Had she been keeping her nose peeled for such a border, she’d have caught it before her paws nearly crossed the invisible line.

She stepped back quickly and lowered her muzzle to test the scent that reigned supreme in the scent marks. Well, this was interesting. The male she’d met late in the summer, almost right on the seasons’ turning. Her head cocked as she raised it, staring into the forest of truly gargantuan trees. She was mentally kicking herself that she hadn’t gone to explore this place before, because she was pretty sure this was the same forest of redwoods her great, great grandmother had led Cairo Adravendi’s children through after the old land had been annihilated by a mass eruption of a volcano.

She shook her head, shrugging away the mild disgruntlement in favor of an opportunist’s decision that it might be a good idea to call the fire and ice toned male. Even if she couldn’t secure an alliance, she could try to work out a Neutrality Agreement, and at the very least glean some information on what his plans were regarding other packs.

Decision made, she tipped her head back and sang for the alpha before stepping further back and settling back on her haunches to wait. She was downwind of the border, at least—the poor guy wouldn’t be immediately assaulted either by perfume or by perfume.

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
11-14-2018, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 07:44 AM by Ignatius.)
Picking the lands for the pack had been simple enough. He'd rather liked the great forests he's explored before, and he knew there were decent herds nearby. The second land, picked after the great forest of red wood trees, had been picked after some lengthy debate on his part and admittedly some unnecessary agonizing. He didn't want to make a poor choice, but then again he could always choose a different neighboring land if the one he chose proved to not be worth keeping. So, in the end he'd also laid claim to the gorge nearby.

Ig had just been preparing to go wandering through said gorge when he heard the summoning call and paused. The voice sounded faintly familiar. It was possible he was mistaken, but Ignatius was fairly certain the call was a bit too specific to be someone he hadn't met. Interest piqued, he set off to answer the summons as was now his duty anyway.

Once he laid eyes on the pale, shimmering woman he knew who she was and faint smile played at his lips as he came to stand before her. "Aurielle, it's a pleasure to see you again." he called, ever polite in the presence of a lady. Mh, more specifically ladies who were not Sephira. That woman in particular did not draw out the proper man he'd been raised to be, though he was thankful for it if he was being honest. Too much prim and proper behavior drew out memories of a puphood and adolescence he'd rather leave in the lands where they took place.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-14-2018, 01:02 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Sure enough, the glowing, vibrantly molten hued man that stepped into sight was Ignatius, and a grin answered his greeting in all it’s toothdom as she responded easily, head cocking, “And you, Ignatius. I see you’ve settled in up here.”

Her head tipped toward the forest behind him, eyes scanning the trees with barely disguised curiosity, not for the secrets of his new home, but the memories the trees held. Erani had been raised in a pack, being groomed, however unknowingly, to be its next leader as the next in line for succession other than her brother Cormalin. That pack had held sovereign over a Redwood forest too.

Her eyes returned to Ignatius as her smile returned. “I almost went over your new border by accident, I’m afraid. I wasn’t expecting a pack here. Though, leader to leader, I’m curious—what are your plans for the future regarding other packs? We’re always open to alliances or, at the very least, Neutrality agreements in Celestial.”

Her tone was respectful, leaving the option open to him to either refuse to divulge his future intentions, or share them with her. She didn’t mind the prospect of more friends to Celestial, and trading.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
11-25-2018, 08:01 AM
"Understandable," he mused, "It was a hastily made decision and the borders don't have much to them quite yet." It would take some time and a few more members to consistently patrol the borders and refresh the scents before it became a bit more noticeable. In all honesty, he was rather excited to one day pass through a well-marked border to a territory full of well-worn paths. Thus far the members were all good wolves he was happy to have and he hoped that soon he could work out some activities to promote pack bonding and begin making them into the family he hoped they could all be.

Considering her question didn't take long. Some details of Fýri remained hazy, but this much he was certain of. "Alliances better suit the interests of Fýri. Neutrality feels like a cheap way of saying unreliable." If there was one thing he knew from infrequent history lessons back home, it was that neutrality only held as long as you wanted it to hold. The only things that could be trusted were peace and war, friends and enemies - then you knew where everyone stood. "As a place inspired by the cultures of my homeland, the sense of community and kinship I hope to foster within the pack is something I wish to also extend outward to other packs, in alliance and trade. If you are interested in being allies with Fýri I would welcome it."

His pack might be new, but Ignatius had every intention of growing it quickly so they could begin to get a firm foothold in these lands. Trade would come as soon as they had enough things to offer and the fighters available to both protect traders and still have some for the borders. He hadn't thought to begin forming alliances this early, but now that Aurielle had mentioned it that would be high on the priority list. The more friends Fýri had, the more enemies it could handle. And enemies, well, he was certain there would be no shortage of them soon enough. Probably too soon for his liking.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

12-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

The young woman’s head tipped to the side as Ignatius responded, a smile forming on her features – privately of relief even if her features registered as pleasant approval – as he spoke of his preference for alliances. With the uncertainty of the world, another alliance was precisely what she wanted.

“I’m glad you think so, Ignatius. There are a lot of times when two packs working together can ward of a threat one pack couldn’t manage alone, though I hope neither of us has to encounter such a threat any time soon… still, best to prepare in advance than be caught marking territory alone by a raiding party.” A flash of teeth marked her joking grin as she fell silent to take in his words, nodding slowly.

“I am very interested in forming one. By the way, what do you think of festivals between packs, at least on Boreas? Such things as bringing them together for interactions, games, hunts and sparring, or gladiatorial events where the overall winner receives a title and prize—the title to be defended the following year?”

Her long-haired tail tapped against the snowy ground as she spoke of the ideas on her mind, and a spark of excitement lit her gradated eyes as she looked to the large alpha to see his response to her query.

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
01-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Nodding along as she spoke of the benefits to an alliance, Ignatius figured he'd take her word for it. He definitely could see the potential for benefits on both sides of friendly agreements, but he was severely lacking in first-hand experience in this area. His education on leadership had been a bit... Skewed away from the art of such negotiations. Not surprising really, there were only two groups in his homeland and they had been temporarily at peace during his puphood. "I hope to see soon for myself what benefits we might both reap from working together. Even if it is only the exchange of information I will be pleased. Support from others will always be a valuable commodity to me as I've not always been so fortunate." The crimson man did his best to not be too excited about the possibilities that alliances might bring. Despite the smile on his lips, a weariness remained in his heart that said he ought to avoid trusting anyone entirely.

A nearly imperceptible lifting of one brow might betray his uncertainty as she went on about festivals in Boreas. Mostly it was the implication of other lands further away that piqued his interest, but he'd put that to the back of his mind for a moment and focus on her ideas.

Speaking with slow consideration, Ignatius looked thoughtfully at the shimmering younger woman. "Attending and hosting such things sounds like something I would be quite interested in." There was a slight pause as he considered his next words, brows furrowing as indecision flickered in his eyes. As soon as it was there, it disappeared and his smile returned, though it looked just a bit different than it had before. "All the activities you mention do sound enjoyable. So far as gladiatorial events, I find it funny that you mention that. Back home we had such customs, they were..." brutal "A very big part of the culture of my father's people. I was on the fence about bringing such things to my pack here as I wasn't sure how they would be received, but perhaps knowing that others have showed interest in such events should be the sign I need to go ahead." Taking a breath, he shook out his shaggy flame-hued pelt before asking, "What sort of ideas have you thought of for yours?"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

03-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle smiled as she said, “My pack is practically surrounded by desert land and arid areas, so we have many herbs and plants that grow beautifully well there but might not thrive up here. Like Aloe Vera. My healer, Paladin would be willing to part with a good quantity, since we can always get more.”

She listened with interest as he spoke briefly of events similar to the gladiatorial events she’d said, and her head cocked slightly at the briefest hint of a pause as he mentioned them. A soft chuckle escaped as she thought of Boreas and the Battlefield. “Oh I’ve little doubt such things would be welcomed by many. There will always be wolves wishing to prove themselves.”

At his request for her ideas, she nodded, pausing a moment before she tipped her head to the side in a gesture and suggested, “Can we walk as I explain? It helps me think a bit.”

Regardless of his acquiescence or refusal, she said with certainty, “I know for sure that killing and disabling maims will not be allowed—after all, this is meant for fun and fame, and I imagine the ones that lose would like to challenge the champion come the following year.”