gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
11-17-2018, 09:46 AM

Novel found herself shuffling along the brilliant green grass of the emerald valley, Elohim lounging pleasantly on her back. The sun was out and not a single cloud lingered in the sky as the two of them enjoyed their walk. The weather hadn’t turned entirely frosty yet and the changing leaves were a beauty to behold. She felt a smile linger on her lips, happiness had finally found her after many years of anguish. She had loved watching Psalm’s children grow up, but nothing had been the same with out Ara by her side. She knew they would be okay with out her, and though Psalm had asked her to remain for her last years she had to return to her mate.
Lirim was peaceful, easy to live within. None of the wolves had struck her as abrasive, but even if they had she was sure at this point she wouldn’t care. Not a lot bothered her anymore, with age came a benevolence that blocked out much of what had once bothered her. She found herself sitting in the green grass, sighing peacefully at the quiet all around her. She could be honest with herself, life was good.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
11-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Life since Novel had returned had been remarkably easy. Despite the many years that had passed, falling back into their familiar routines with ease. While she wasn't at all glad that Athena was gone, it was admittedly easier to not have to explain things to her, or to Novel - if there was anything to explain at all. Perhaps she had simply been overthinking things, but it'd been a long while since she'd been close to anyone and she'd found herself looking forward to the other woman's company. Now, though.. she was simply grateful for Novel's return to her, not one to dwell on things she had no control over. No, especially in her old age, she was content to bask in the present and be grateful for what she had now.

She trailed lazily after Novel's scent, not surprised to find her lying in the still-luscious grasses of the valley. Winter would be here soon, and while never very harsh in these western lands, would still encounter some small traces of winter's presence. Ara was certain she'd made the right choice settling her, and hopefully would even be able to offer some knowledge in return for an easy, peaceful life. She thought back to when Torin had suggested she might offer some kind of healer training - even if the lessons were less formal, one-on-one ordeals, perhaps Novel might join her in spreading their knowledge to the wolves of Lirim. She mused over the idea as she made her way toward her, a gentle smile spreading over her lips.  "Is the afternoon treating you two well?" She asked softly, eyes dancing from Elohim to Novel's face, genuine affection brimming in her blue stare.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
11-20-2018, 02:50 PM
While she probably should have been gathering herbs or making little tinctures Novel was laying lazily in the Autumn grass. Elohim showed no preference to her activities and hadn’t even attempted to scold her about her decision. She hadn’t seen many wolves around that day, and no one thought to question her decisions it seemed. Her day would only brighten at the sudden arrival of her mate. She found herself smiling fondly at the gold marked woman as she drew more near to her resting place. Novel lifted herself from the lush grass to offer an affectionate embrace. The time apart had changed nothing about how she felt about Ara. The guilt of leaving her was hard to dissipate, but slowly she had begun to forget.

”The sun is shining and the breeze is comfortable, there is little to complain about.” She offered back as she moved to nuzzle into Ara’s neck in greeting. ”What are you out doing today?” She asked curiously, she had done little in terms of healer work since she arrived, and the feeling of sloth wasn’t comfortable. She wanted to be able to give back to the pack that was presumably going to be her home for the rest of her days.

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
11-25-2018, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 06:28 PM by Ara.)
The one good thing about growing old was that Ara even more laid-back than when she was younger - which said a lot, considering she was already a quite calm creature at the core. She worried about little, and her small list of worries had only gone down once Novel had reappeared in her life. Today was no exception, the smile she wore a genuine one as she drew toward Novel and Elohim and examined her mate and companion. Mate.. was that even the right word for it after so many years apart? Ara couldn't bring herself to call her anything else, though labels mattered little to her. Novel had always been her closest friend, her partner, her love - her life - for as long as she could remember. Having her return to Boreas only confirmed this, already feeling a swell of warmth in her chest at seeing her this morning.

'There is little to complain about,' she admitted, and Ara nodded in agreement. "Little? I'd argue nothing at all," she countered warmly, knowing it had only been a matter of speech, her smile widening somewhat playfully. Ara sighed contentedly as she moved to sit at Novel's sight, always grateful for the presence of her touch, leaning slightly into her now. "Not much yet. Wondering if I ought to begin collecting some herbs for a lesson of sorts, maybe," Ara admitted, shrugging her shoulders. "Torin, one of the leaders here, asked if I'd be willing to teach a basic lesson. Maybe you could help me?" It wasn't that she needed the help, but instead she wanted it, thinking it might be fun - especially since it seemed as though time had made Novel even more relaxed in the presence of others than she had once been in her youth.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
11-27-2018, 07:17 PM
Novel wasn’t sure anymore what to call Ara either. So much had changed, yet nothing had. She could still sit easily and find peace in Ara’s bright eyes. She found herself smiling softly and watching the woman as she drew more near, choosing to sit close as they normally had. Ara had nothing to complain about, though Novel might have argued. She had aches and pains that she would announce to the whole pack if she didn’t think it would make her seem impossibly rude. Ara also didn’t hesitate to talk about pack business. Much preferable to the sorrow and apologies handed out at their reuniting.

She wasn’t particularly surprised when Ara asked for her help in training. She most certainly enjoyed being with Ara, and collecting plants and planning a lesson only amplified the feeling. She beamed at the question before answering. ”Of course, I’d love to.” She wasn’t so fearful of strangers and crowds anymore. ”The pups are very cute,” she mentioned, her mind drifting from students to young wolves to pups.

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
12-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Life was truly good. She and Novel, especially Novel, had gone through some tough hurdles in their younger years but it was refreshing to see that time had treated Novel well. There was no denying that Novel had often been fearful when she was younger, having gone through so much in such a short period of time, but Ara was beyond grateful that her pains had transformed her into something stronger, instead of weighing her down. To see her sit so freely, in a place she was growing accustomed to, was invigorating for Ara. It didn't exactly make her feel years younger, but it settled some of the uncertainty she'd felt in bringing Novel here. And despite the obvious change in her, she felt like somehow... no time had passed at all. It was easy to fall into their familiar relationship, the one that had kept Ara alive all these years, the on that had made life worth living for so long - even after she'd left.

"Good," she replied, breathing a sigh of relief she hadn't realized she'd been holding in. Holding a lesson soon would be a good shared experience for them both. Teaching others about her craft was another thing that gave her great joy, and had kept her going through these last few lonely years. Slowly she lowered herself from a seated position to lay on her stomach, pulling away only slightly from Novel to get a better look at her features.  "I really have missed you, you know," she started, tentatively, not wanting to resurface any guilt Novel might be hanging on to.  "The thought of seeing you again, and our sons, has kept me alive this long, I think." Her words were earnest, but not meant to stir up unpleasant feelings. She was simply speaking the truth. There was little else to live for besides Novel and their kids, and.. apparently grandkids now, too. Sure, she had some knowledge to impart on others, but few wolves really wanted to get a lessen from someone as old as her and she didn't entirely blame them.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
12-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Novel couldn’t complain about her life really, despite the guilt she had held on to for years her life had gotten much easier the older she got. Minus the aches and pains of age of course. She had started to get to know her grandchildren from Psalm, she hoped she might meet some of Hymn’s children as well. She felt a comfort here, one that made her sure she had made the correct decision to come back. Finding Ara had made it all worth it. She smiled as Ara let out a soft sigh when she agreed, and Novel wondered if she had thought she would deny her? Novel had done a little teaching in Ahlon, but she wasn’t particularly skilled. Ara would surely do most of the talking.

Ara changed the subject on her, their blue eyes meeting as she confessed how much she had been missed all these years. She had obviously been contemplating their mortality, not that Novel could blame her. Not many wolves made it to the impressive age they had reached. She tried to smile softly, but the subject was heavy and she was reminded of all the years spent apart. ”I missed you too, I don’t know how many times I tried to come back but wound up turning back around.” She admitted regretfully, trying to keep that tinge of guilt suppressed. ”I know the thought of seeing you again has kept me this side of the voice.” She had to admit back, realizing how close to the end she really was.

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
12-21-2018, 07:05 PM
Ara had never really been one to share her feelings so openly, though Novel was an obvious exception to that rule. But even with her, their feelings had always been implied - their relationship had developed naturally, almost as though there had been no other possible conclusion. The familiarity of it all was something she'd always found comfort in, but after Novel had been gone for so long she couldn't fight the urge to discuss certain things now, even if she knew it might be easier to say nothing at all. Perhaps the subject might be a heavy one, but she wasn't sure they could continue on together without properly addressing their time spent apart.

"I don't blame you for wanting to stay. I'm sure it was lovely seeing your mother again." And the rest of the Destructions that had left these lands behind, surely they had returned to Ahlon too to live out the rest of their days. Gently she lowered herself to her stomach, and pressed her nose to Novel's cheek. "I do have a question. If you don't want to answer, I understand." There was an obvious hesitation in her voice as she spoke, trying to figure out how to say what she was wondering. "When we were apart, were there... any others?" Would she get what she was implying? In their younger years it would've been impossible to imagine Novel being with another woman, but time had clearly changed the both of them, so she wasn't sure now. "I'm only wondering," she assured her after a moment. Truly, she wouldn't be upset, but she wanted to know. The truth was that she hoped Novel had been happy, no matter what she had been doing - that was all she'd ever wanted.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
12-29-2018, 04:09 PM
She felt old, too much time had passed since the two of them had started their relationship. She had been through a lot in the months leading up to, but despite the trauma she didn’t regret her life at all. She loved her children, though they were old at this point too. Novel was surprised she had made it to this ripe old age, but she knew it would be easier with Ara at her side.

Her mate made mention of seeing her mother, and not being able to blame her for her choice to linger. She felt a brief pang for Silent, though she didn’t know the woman as well as Ara or Song had it was sad thinking about her loss. Ara didn’t linger on that thought though, and went on to mention she had a question. Novel leaned into the gold marked woman as she lowered herself beside her and nuzzled her softly. She didn’t have to answer the question, but Novel was quite curious. Her head tilted slightly as she listened to the question. Had there been anyone else?

Novel smiled quietly and shook her head slowly. ”No, you’ve been the only one.” She was never a huge fan of men after Lel, though her sons had changed her opinion a bit. Cherokee had walked out on them, and she’d never gotten to know Garthinaw. Bronze seemed respectable but she hadn’t known him well either. She really didn’t have many males to look up to, and she’d never actively sought out the company of she wolves either. Had her answer been enough for Ara, what was she looking for?

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
01-01-2019, 09:07 AM

Ara wasn't quite sure what answer she'd been expecting. On one hand, she loved Novel regardless of what she had or hadn't done during their time apart. On the other hand though, she feared too what a different answer to her question might make herself feel. Jealousy, maybe? Ara wasn't one to feel envious of others for any reason and yet being apart from Novel for so long had obviously changed them both. She wasn't quite sure what her reaction would be to an answer she wasn't anticipating.

And yet.. she said Ara had been her only. Ara let herself release a soft breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding in, feeling a strange sense of relief wash over her. "You've been the only one for me, too," she admitted, even if Novel hadn't asked in the first place. Though she had grown quite close to Athena in the last few years, the two of them wandering together and deciding to settle down somewhere together, nothing had ever really come of it besides her own uncertain feelings. Now, though, it seemed even more clear that she'd be incapable of loving anyone even a fraction of how much she had loved Novel. Nuzzling her gently, she settled down beside her and held Novel close, letting the beauty of the afternoon wash over her and relax her fully.

- exit Ara via sleeps-