gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
11-25-2018, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 06:48 PM by Avalon.)
Word count: 215

Since a pack had taken over her previous home, Avalon had moved to the nearby woods. She didn't particularly mind that the Pines weren't open anymore, simply because it held so many bad memories. Though there were good ones, she just couldn't bring herself to really want to stay there anymore. She wandered beneath the towering trees with Tan on her back, wondering what to do next. Winter was coming, that was for certain. But would it be that bad? Would it be mild? She paused and gazed about, contemplating what to do. "Avalon, perhaps we ought to start working on a place to sleep. Or rather, for you to sleep." Avalon made no motions that she heard Tanaraq, but she knew her companion was right. "You're right. Winter will be upon us soon, and it may take a good bit of time to find a den.." Of course, the chances of finding a den here were probably moderate. These woods were full of prey animals, and no doubt there was an abandoned den somewhere that she could clean out for herself. "Tan, take a look around and tell me if you find anything. I'll search around here," Tan nodded before taking off, soaring among the tree branches until she was out of sight.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-20-2018, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 12:30 AM by Acere.)
Word count: 319

He was nearly ready to give up on trying to track his brother down, but he wouldn't be able to let go of his desire for vengeance until he had been found. Or punished in some way, so he continued to hold on. For now, he decided that trying to track his brother through the snow would do no good. Elias had been gone long enough now that he was sure he had left the continent. So instead, Ace decided he needed to distract himself with something else. Though with what, he wasn't sure. The two fox kits were one distraction, but he had left them back in Abaven since they were still too young to travel long distances with him. The wind tugging at his fur reminded him that winter would soon be coming, and he still wasn't entirely sure how Abaven dealt with it. Whether they were usually okay with winter or if it made things a lot harder. He supposed that if the pack had lasted as long as it had, then he was sure it was probably no big deal.

A sound above him caught his attention, and when he looked up he saw a flash of feathers swooping between the trees ahead of him. He watched for a moment as it disappeared, and curiosity grew. What was that? It had gone too fast for him to see exactly what it was, so he decided to follow where it had gone. With a hurried pace, he moved easily through the snow until he was sure he had made it to where the thing had disappeared. But when he looked around, he couldn't find anything. He was about to turn back when his path was suddenly blocked by an angry looking she-wolf, and Ace stepped back in surprise though returned a snarl of his own. At this moment, he was in a stand off with the stranger.

"Speak"

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

12-20-2018, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 01:16 AM by Avalon.)
Word Count: 236

Avalon

She had remained where she was while she waited for Tanaraq, though it didn't take long for her companion to return with some news. A large male wolf had been spotted nearby, and Avalon immediately grew suspicious. She was alone, and should the male decide to attack her, there was nobody else around to help if things got ugly. Although Avalon was confident she could handle herself, it was possible that this male outclassed her in height and weight. Quietly, she slid away to hide among the trees while Tan flew into the trees to sit quietly among their branches. Avalon quietly watched the direction that Tan had indicated, practically holding her breath. It didn't take long before a large, mostly pale man came lumbering out of the woods and straight towards where she had been just moments before. She sized him up, hackles raised as she quietly stepped out and started behind him.

Leaping the last few feet, she landed heavily in the snow right behind him with a snarl. Almost immediately the man reacted, whirling around to face her with a snarl of his own. Amber gaze met crimson as the pair faced off against one another, both tense and on the defense. "Who are you and what are you doing skulking about!?" She questioned, her gaze never leaving his. Tan screeched above her, ready to swoop down at his eyes if she had to.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-26-2018, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2018, 04:39 PM by Acere.)
Word Count: 154

Ace's hackles rose at the woman's hostility, though he realized that he must have just caught her by surprise. She appeared older than him, much, much older. And it dawned on him that she must be wary of strangers due to her age, though he couldn't be sure. He stepped back, forcing his fur to relax as he tried to make it clear he wasn't here to fight. "I'm sorry to have startled you, I am not here to fight you," He watched her, wondering if she believed him or if she would attack him anyway. He guickly glanced at the angry bird that sat perched above them, so he took another step back. After a few moments, he could see the woman's hostility slowly fading until she too started to look a little more relaxed, though still wary. "My name is Acere Praetor, and again, I apologize if I seemed to be...'skulking' around."

speech action

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

12-26-2018, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2018, 04:38 PM by Avalon.)
Word Count: 237

She was ready to try and tear into the man. But he soon made it clear that he was not here to fight, and apologized for having startled her. It took her a few moments, but she slowly started to relax until the tension in her muscles disappeared, and she stepped back from him. "I'm sorry for being hostile. There's been many reasons to remain on guard as of late." She didn't bother to indulge him on details, but it was mostly because she was old now, and she wouldn't put it past someone to try for what they might think was an easy target. Sighing, she turned to look up at her companion and nodded, a silent motion so Tan knew to leave the man alone. Returning her attention to him, she added "My name is Avalon Ancora. It's nice to meet you, Acere."

While she had never heard of the Praetor male, she had to admit he was a handsome male. She found herself staring at him for a bit, then glancing away. She was curious as to what he was doing out here, and briefly wondered if he would help her. She needed to dig herself a den, but her old bones made it hard for her to dig for long periods of time. "If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing up here? You smell like Abaven, you're a member there?"

"Speech"

Art||Plotter

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-27-2018, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2018, 01:28 AM by Acere.)
Word count: 272

She apologized to him for acting hostile, and he simply nodded his head with understanding. "No need to apologize, I understand the world might not be so kind sometimes. But rest assured, I won't harm you." He laid kind eyes on her, noting that she appeared strong and healthy on the outside for someone her age. But he was sure that no matter how she looked on the outside, old age was against her anyway, and it was very much possible that she wasn't as strong as she could have been in her younger years. Avalon was perhaps the oldest wolf he'd ever met, and it served to remind him that one day, he would get that old. If he didn't die in battle, that is. She asked what he was doing up here, which brought a small, quiet sigh from him. "I'm tracking someone." He said simply. It was neither a lie nor the complete truth, but it was his own business, and nobody else's.

She also seemed to recognize Abaven's scent, which caused him to raise a brow. She knew Abaven? He supposed it wasn't too strange considering the pack had been around for years. "I am from Abaven, yes. I joined them a few weeks ago. You're aqcuaintances with the pack I presume?" He wondered just how much history she had with Abaven, or perhaps just certain members of the pack. He had never seen her around before, but there were many wolves he had yet to meet. It was very possible that she could have once been a part of the pack, or was friends with Shaye or something.

speech action

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

01-22-2019, 11:21 AM

She nodded when he said there wasn't a need to apologize. Good. With all the shit she had been through in her life, she was starting to feel like she shouldn't have to apologize for everything anymore. She was tired of that, and even more tired from letting herself be a doormat to everyone that came her way. But she learned from it all. Granted it was much too late and she wished she would have learned a lot sooner, but better late than never right? I'm tracking someone. That was it? No name? No other information? Well, she supposed he was in his right not to tell her right now since they were still strangers after all.

"Well, good luck with that then." He questioned if she was associated with the pack, her look thoughtful. "In a way, yes. Or I was, rather. I was friends with Bass for a few years, especially when I had my pack here in the North. Though I hear he disappeared quite some time ago..." she wished Bass had at least said goodbye. It was hurtful and a shock when she learned that he was gone. He was perhaps her only real and true friend for a time, open and honest with her. Sure she had her problems during her hard times within her family, but she always counted on Bass to guide her through those rough times. And now? He was gone. "Who leads the pack now?" Last she was told, Sparrow led the pack. She didn't know the woman, but she did know it was one of Bass' daughters.

Art||Plotter

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
01-22-2019, 11:33 AM

"well good luck with that then, " He offered a curt nod to that, not wanting to really think about it at the moment. Avalon explained she had been friends with Bass, Abaven's founder if he remembered correctly. Shaye did mention a Bass, her uncle. And both she and Avalon confirmed the old man disappeared some time ago. When she questioned him about who led the pack, he was mildly surprised to know that she didn't know who led now. Then again, the pack had changed hands a few times after Bass, didn't it? "Shaye Destruction." He saw the look of surprise on her face, and he realized that she probably had no idea who that was "When...was the last time you were there?"

speech action