Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-29-2018, 07:45 PM

Ganta stood before his daughter’s form. She hadn’t yet woken to this dream world… Somnium they called it. The place where the living and the dead could interact with one another if only for a short while. He felt bad that he hadn’t managed to maintain the connection just yet… for he longed to speak to his daughter… and his son and mate as well. There was so much guilt in his heart for leaving them… and not being able to say goodbye. It had all been over too fast… what had he been thinking? Ganta shook his head and lowered his nose to Philomena’s shoulder.

“Philly, my darling Philly… wake up.” Ganta said in a soft tone. How he had missed her… he hadn’t even gotten to see her grow up into the beautiful young woman she’d become… and now she even had children of her own.

Seeing his young one stir Ganta moved back a little, ears falling back as a soft whine left his lips. He wasn’t sure what to expect… but he hoped for the best. The last thing he wanted was for his daughter to hate him or think that he hated her.

“Long time no see…” The man joked in a half-hearted tone.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Philomena

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Trick 2019Christmas 2019
12-04-2018, 05:42 PM

A voice, gentle to her ears, coaxed Philomena from her slumber. She went to curl protectively around her babies, wanted to tell the voice to be quiet, but upon realizing the warm bodies weren’t there Philomena opened her eyes with a start. She glanced about… only to have her gaze fall upon her father.

How was it he stood there, just a whisper away, and looked well? No trace of blood… no… anything. He looked fine. Philomena’s blue eyes widened with worry -- had she died? No. No, she told herself again. She could feel her heart beating rapidly in her chest… there was no way she was dead. There was nothing that would have caused it. So then… was she dreaming?

“Dad…?” Philomena slowly got to her paws with a furrowed brow. She was confused… but she was trying to reign in her emotions as she worked to grasp what was happening.

“I…” Her voice cracked as she took a step towards him. He looked exactly like how she remembered… save for shorter than her. Gods, how had she grown so big?

“I missed you…” Philly’s legs felt weak. She shook, tears beginning to prick at her eyes. “Dammit… why did you…?” She trailed off, unable to finish her question.

""

• Philomena's current avatar is by Risketch on DeviantArt.

• Philomena has a bat hawk companion named No Face who is generally somewhere nearby if he is mentioned at all in a thread. If not mentioned, assume he is not there!