size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
12-20-2018, 08:11 PM
Turns out being an alpha made you really busy. He’d been in an avalanche, seen the oddest tree of his life, and tracked a tiger in a freak snow storm. When he wasn’t out getting almost killed he was patrolling the border. Occasionally he slept, but he found a lot of the time that happened during the day. He spent a little time with Shaye or Tana but at the moment he was taking time for himself. Though his thoughts were on anything but.

Rhyme stood on the border, about the place where he had first found Epitaph. His lavender and sapphire eyes were staring into the land beyond. He was waiting for someone to appear. Imperia circled above while Solitude perched on a branch above Rhyme. The alpha felt tense, felt like his hairs were standing one end as he thought about the slave hunters that by all rights should have found their way back to their quarry already. He’d sit there for a while, waiting for the threat that might not even come.
""

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
12-20-2018, 08:54 PM

Spider had felt lighter than air since meeting the mysterious Hannibal, and the promise that the male would come back for him was still fresh on his mind. He wasn’t sure how long he would have to wait but for now the male’s scent still clung to his silky fur. He tended to the herbs in his garden with a slight hum, his tail waving like a fine sheet behind him as he toed the morning frost away from his plants. Once he was satisfied with his work he left his den to walk along the border, under the self-imposed pretense that he was only getting fresh air, and not secretly searching for flashes of alabaster and ebony.

His idle walk came to a sudden halt when he came across Rhyme, an unsure whine escaping him as he looked the male over. His intense gaze was fixed ahead of him, beyond the border. For one terrible moment he wondered if the alpha had chased Hannibal away; confusing him for an invader or worse injuring him. He couldn’t smell blood on the air but he still approached Rhyme uneasily, his head lowered between his shoulders, cautionary but no longer overly submissive. “What are y-you looking at?” He asked quietly, his eyes fixed on where Rhyme had been looking, searching desperately for any sign of Hannibal.

Spider speaking
you speaking Toad's voice

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-20-2018, 09:15 PM
When he heard Imperia call out he was ashamed to say that he jumped, just in time to hear Spider’s soft whine as he appeared on the border. Rhyme was wound much too tight. He shook himself briskly as Spider walked a bit closer. The alpha didn’t miss that the man approached much more confidently than he had before, but still more timidly than most of the members of Abaven. He offered the timid healer a smile, barely noticing the unfamiliar scent on his pelt.

Spider was quick to ask what Rhyme sought over the horizon and the taller wolf sighed heavily. "Hopefully nothing." He mentioned, knowing that wouldn’t be the case, it was only a matter of time. "I don’t know if you’ve seen Epitaph yet," Rhyme went on. "But he’s an escaped slave, and I’m waiting for the Hunters to come after him." He turned his gaze from Spider back to the lands in front of him.
""

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
12-20-2018, 09:27 PM

Spider couldn’t help the relived sigh that escaped him at the direct answer Rhyme gave. “I see.” He said solidly, and raised his head slightly. The fact that they may soon be under attack was lost on him, his fears no longer in the forefront of his mind now that he had someone who would protect him and care for him if the need arose. Even his previous fear of Rhyme attacking him seemed distant, if only because he knew Hannibal would never allow Rhyme to escape unscathed.

“Are you sure the hunters know he’s here?” He asked quietly, settling beside Rhyme with his head high with surprising confidence. He wondered then if he should mention Hannibal’s pack and whether or not they would offer assistance. As he understood it Hannibal came from a pack of conquerors, who had all trained in the art of battle. If nothing else he could tell Hannibal about the impending threat and he would hopefully offer to help them.

Spider speaking

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-20-2018, 09:39 PM
Rhyme caught spider out of the corner of his eye, not sure what to make of the relief he uttered quietly. Rhyme wasn’t one to pry though, and he wasn’t about to forbid Spider from leaving Abaven’s borders. Whatever was giving Spider the confidence to live again Rhyme would not begrudge him that. Spider asked a valid question as he got comfortable next to Rhyme. The slate alpha was surprised at the oportunity to have a conversation with Spider, but he wasn’t about to end it quickly. "I’m not sure." He answered truthfully. Rhyme really did hope they had covered the boy’s trail well enough any Hunters might not be able to find him. Rhyme knew them better than that though. "More likely though, it’s only a matter of time before they realize he’s here." He managed not to say we’re here. Rhyme didn’t enjoy being reminded he had been just as helpless to free himself as Epitaph.
""

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
12-20-2018, 10:10 PM
He opened his mouth to speak, then thought better of it, adjusting his phrasing to make it sound more appealing to Rhyme. “Maybe we should ask other packs to help us.” He teetered on the edge of directly mentioning Erövrare or even suggesting that some packs catered more to fighters.

His thoughts drifted toward Epitaph and he turned his head to look at the alpha directly. “Would you like me to look at Epitaph?” He asked. Spider had assumed Rhyme was dubious about letting him near any of the females, particularly those that might be carrying litters. It grated against his nerves but he kept those thoughts to himself.

Spider speaking

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-23-2018, 08:57 AM
Rhyme was impressed with Spider’s progress, the man wasn’t stuttering at all now. The Imperialis debated again about asking, but thought it rude to pry too hard. Spider had proven that he would tell Rhyme the information he felt comfortable with. Though the last secret had damaged Rhyme’s trust in him, Rhyme did his best not to hold it against the healer. He had done much thinking on it and knew Spider had done what he’d done with the best of intentions.

His words didn’t surprise the slate alpha either, though Rhyme hadn’t exactly thought about seeking assistance from other packs. They hadn’t even had confirmation they were coming, just Rhyme’s hunch. "I may have to." There were only three fully trained warriors in Abaven, though he was doing his best to bolster those numbers. Then Spider asked if he should see to Epitaph. Though Rhyme was sure Odysseus had him under control it wouldn’t be a bad idea for a second opinion. Epitaph would do well to know more of the members of Abaven too. "You should," he also knew how intimidated Epitaph was of Ody. "Maybe you’ll be able to put his worries to rest as well." He also wanted Spider to know he wanted to trust the healer fully once more.
""