Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-08-2014, 10:38 AM

Azalea's little party made it to the nearest Tortugan border, finally. This place she had never come to before and the sudden sudden drop down into the trees made Azalea halt. Tortuga was here and Azalea, exhausted, was ready for ANYWHERE secure to rest her weary legs. The puppies were looking a bit pathetic, not getting fed as much as they would like. Because of it they were fussy.

The whines and hollers from the tiny bodies threatened to drive Azalea mad, part of her tempted to run away from the noise but that tricky maternal part holding her fast, not letting her abandon what she had created. She looked over her shoulder, to watch her sons approach with puppies in tow. They were uneasy, they didn't like her decision and she hadn't expected them to. They were free to leave now. She nodded to them slowly, her eyes telling them they they would go and find their own paths in life now. She just hoped they came to see her.

Nose went skyward then, howling out. Calling to Tortuga to welcome her. Calling for Roman and anyone else who wished to show.

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-08-2014, 11:29 AM

Qanik

in defense of the innocent

A call at the border for Roman drew her attention, and her curiosity. Qanik was already fairly nearby when she heard the howl, so she turned her steps in that direction. As she drew nearer the squalls of hungry pups caught her ear, and her brow furrowed. She finally came into sight of a single wolf, a white and red female with several crying pups, and her heart melted at the sight. "Oh you poor thing," she murmured, stepping closer but not too close, uncertain how protective this mother might be. She wanted to comfort them, pups and harried-looking mother alike, just curl around them and lick them until they felt safe and relaxed, but she held back for the mother's comfort. "I am Qanik, the secondary Praetor of Tortuga. You look like you could use some help."

cowardice is the only sin

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-08-2014, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 06:05 PM by Azalea.)

"Oh you poor thing," Azalea heard the wolf before she saw her, appearing from the trees and foliage from the direction opposite to which Azalea had been looking. A widely build snow colored female with stormy eyes. She approached with caution and Azalea was thankful for that. Her words were not what she had expected though, but surely due to the damn near new puppies that squealed at her paws.

"I am Qanik, the secondary Praetor of Tortuga. You look like you could use some help." Azalea nodded slightly. >"Nice to make your acquaintance, Qanik. I am Azalea Adravendi. I came straight from Valhalla, as quickly as I could manage with the help of my older sons. Valhalla has been taken and so I was hoping to find residence here. I have a mate too... but I haven't seen him since. I know I can't be of much help in my current state but I assure you I am eager to help as soon as I am able, if Tortuga will have me."

She leaned down, trying to sooth the puppies who only cried louder, eager for milk and warmth. Her eyes went to Qanik expectantly. She hated to be pushy for a decision but they wouldn't last without a safe home and warm den.

"Speech"

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Qanik

in defense of the innocent

The news delivered by the mother was dire. From Flamesong Qanik knew that there was a challenge, and it had been too much to expect that the elderly queen of the pack could have withstood such a thing, but she had hoped... "Taken by whom?" she questioned, but interrupted herself with a shake of her head. "Nevermind, such news can wait until you are all warm and fed. You and your pups are welcome in Tortuga, Azalea. If your mate follows you he too will be welcomed. Do not worry about contributing right now, just worry about yourself and your young." It was a decision made with her heart, not her head, but she could never send away a mother with pups. "Come, then, let me bring you to somewhere to den for now, until we can make one more to your liking." She stepped across the border closer to the woman, and gestured to the pups. "May I?" She would bring them to her own den, a comfortable hollow beneath a fallen redwood that would be large enough for the mother and all her pups. She could sleep elsewhere.

cowardice is the only sin

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-08-2014, 08:58 PM

"Taken by whom?" To Azalea it was an odd question to ask when she was seeking asylum. She seemed to catch herself though, right as Azalea was about to respond though she really didn't have a good answer. She didn't know the wolf, Covari she had been told and apparently red like blood.

"Nevermind, such news can wait until you are all warm and fed. You and your pups are welcome in Tortuga, Azalea. If your mate follows you he too will be welcomed. Do not worry about contributing right now, just worry about yourself and your young." Azalea nodded with an appreciative smile. "Thank you."

"Come, then, let me bring you to somewhere to den for now, until we can make one more to your liking." She honestly couldn't say that she had ever been more glad for the thought of a den, under a layer of earth and "safe". Puppies was certainly one way to face paranoia about being under ground.

The pale wolf had come over the border now, motioning to the puppies and asking permission to help. Azalea froze for a moment. Those damned maternal instincts twisting like a knife in her gut to let the stranger touch her young. Her brain told her otherwise and Azalea managed a stiff nod, her featured strained.

ooc: lets skip the logic of getting four puppies to Qanik's den so that we dont need to bring in more wolves lol

Roman

gems
size
build
player
07-20-2014, 09:08 PM

She hears the first call, but she is too far away to arrive quickly. Azalea? Had something happened to the Valhallan woman? The last Roman had heard of Valhalla, they were under-going a challenge, from the russet Covari leader. Why the Covari Queen felt as if she needed two crowns- Roman did not know. Roman didn't think any number of crowns could make her into a worthy leader. As she sauntered towards the sound, she is surprised to notice so many things different about the scent. Puppies? Qanik? Why was Azalea moving puppies so soon? Surely that meant, she had been driven from her home. A feeling of dread filled her as she approached.

"Azalea." She greets quietly as she approaches. Her eyes flicker over her children, and Roman frowns sympathetically. "There is an old set, dug out in the forest. It would be big enough for you and your children. If you'd like, I'll guide you." She offers quietly.

Greek Speak -- Roman Speak

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-22-2014, 02:30 PM

"Azalea." Her head turned to see the she-wolf. Her violet eyes were filled with worry for Azalea, worry that Azalea couldn't help but feel grateful for. That the Tortugan rulers were so sensitive to her case. This was she had come her. An Adravendi had no business north but Azalea knew the true nature of Tortuga these days and it was reassuring to have somewhere to go.

"There is an old set, dug out in the forest. It would be big enough for you and your children. If you'd like, I'll guide you." Azalea was grateful to them both but now she looked to Qanik, "Qanik?" Her voice questioning. "I would hate to take your den from you..."