Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-10-2014, 02:49 PM

Natalya is the closest thing to a motherly figure that Virgil has right now; the melanistic woman being one she trusts closely, dearly. Alas, she fears what she will say when Virgil unearths all that has been going wrong in her life. As matriarch, it is supposed to be her job to slave to tradition, to uphold all their family holds sacred. And yet she finds that she has violated this, and all she can do is confess her sins to an Oracle, and hope for forgiveness. She inhales deeply, calming her nerves as she reclines onto her haunches.
Her summons comes at a not-too-hot time of day, knowing that by now her Aunt will be well into her pregnancy and that she ought not to push the woman too far. She shuffles her paws nervously, uncertainly. If anything she hopes she will not throw away her Aunt?s love; it is something she cannot stand to think of now, not after all that has occurred.

Table by Lu - Image by Poison - Code for Ala Only
[Image: 2u8dyte.jpg]

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-10-2014, 09:08 PM

Obediently she answered the call of her Empress, but her surprise was not missed. Virgil had been absent from Natalya's life for quite some time and the Centurion harbored much concern for her niece. Both of her parents had left her to run the family on her own, and though Nat did not approve of many of Virgil's choices thus far, she pitied her for having to make them.

The sable woman prodded slowly toward the golden girl, the extra weight obvious but not yet overbearing. She was in the middle of her pregnancy now, still far enough from the end to carry herself without too much effort, but close enough that her days had become half devoted to rest. She greeted her niece with a quick kiss on the cheek before settling into a seated position to find out the reason for her summons.

"Virgil, it has been some time since we've spoken directly to one another. How are you?"

"Speech"

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-17-2014, 07:39 PM

The kiss is reassuring, despite the woman?s evident nerves. She responds with a reverent kiss on her Aunt?s cheek; Virgil may be at the head of the family, but that does not mean she holds no respect for her elders, or that she holds no respect for her family?s Oracles. Despite her sins, she cares deeply for tradition. She simply finds herself in darkness for now, her heart shrouded and pained. ?I need to speak with you about a few things. First, I seek to betroth my children off. I will need your approval for this, of course. I was hoping to marry Gaia off to one of Viridiana?s children; she?s the leader of Covari, which has gathered quite the empire of alliances. I know you will need to meet the options first, but I simply wish to know your thoughts on this,? she says. A betrothal has been offered nonetheless, but Virgil still seeks advice.
?Secondly, and I know you probably already do this, I?d like to request you mentor Gaia. She has so much potential, and I?d like to make her Princess when she turns a year old,? she informs her Aunt. There is more news, but she pauses so they can discuss the things that will not anger her melanistic Aunt first. They will move onto Virgil?s heavy heart, and her heavy sins later.

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-17-2014, 09:13 PM

She listened patiently for what Virgil had to say, carefully analyzing each and every word. By the end of it all, she was under the impression that there might be more to say, but it was clear that all the empress wanted to address at the present was what had been mentioned.

"That is the red woman who brought the cure to us, correct? I see no issues with considering a betrothal to her family. She seems strong and wise enough. And of course I have no objection to betrothals in general - they have been practiced by both of our families ever since the gods put our ancestors on this earth. It will simply come down to a matter of meeting the boy. I am glad that you informed me before a meeting, though." She paused, as her niece had done, before moving on.

"As for Gaia, I have been teaching her a bit as it comes to me, and I am more than happy to continue to help. She is a quick learner and I have no doubt that she will make a fine queen one day. Is there anything else that you would like to speak with me about, though?"

"Speech"

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-25-2014, 10:03 PM

She nods her head to her Aunt?s question, smiling at her approval. At least she has done something right, and she is happy to hear that Natalya has already been tutoring Gaia. ?I would like to make Gaia the Princess on her birthday. She seems ready for it,? Virgil notes. It is then that Natalya questions, however, if there is anything else that the golden Empress wishes to speak of. Heavy lids close, ready for the worse, ready for trials to strip her name, banishments from ever seeing her children again.

?I slept with Syrinx, the former alpha of Amenti,? she informs her aunt. ?I think I may be with his children,? she breathes. ?There is not excuse, but there are explanations. I never had the chance to introduce her to you properly, but I was in love with Raisa, the woman whom I crossed lands to give birth next to. We raised our children together as if we were their only parents. And she?she just left. She left the children the bore, the children I love as my own, in the hands of someone else. And she left without saying goodbye,? she says. There is such a broken tone to her voice.
She feels the weakness seeping in her limbs, but doesn?t realize her limbs have collapsed until she inhales the dirt. She sneezes briefly, blinking as she looks up at her Aunt Natalya. ?The gods hate me, my Aunt. They hate me no matter what I do in my life,? she says.

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-30-2014, 09:17 AM

She heard the agony in her niece's voice, heard the collapse of her body against the ground, but this time she felt no sympathy. Of course she understood. Natalya knew what love was and the pain that it could bring. She knew the weakness of a young, inexperienced girl in heat and the temptation it brought. She knew of the rebellion that attracted adolescents to disobey their parents and their gods, to act without thinking.

She understood, but she did not pity. Not as she had when Virgil had been raped in her unconscious state by a less-than competent creature. Not as she had been Virgil had wandered to the allied lands to give birth beside her lover. This time, Natalya was unwilling to be kind. She remained stoic, her expression as plain and unwavering as her stern tone when she spoke.

"The gods do not hate you. The gods have not chosen to punish you in any respect, despite your many wrongdoings. It was you who chose to wander away from home and up a mountainside the day your first children were conceived. It was you who then wandered away from the protection of your family when they were born. You made the decision to attach yourself to a woman who was unworthy, which she clearly showed by her abandonment of her pack, family and lover." Natalya paused, inhaling deeply.

"The former leader of Amenti was no leader at all. He laid claim to a land that he promptly abandoned and claimed to lead a pack that carried on its existence entirely without his presence. He is a weak brute, and if the gods are willing to punish you for allowing him to take you without their consent, they will give you children just as weak. You have erred often, yet you have been blessed by the gods. Your children have lived well, surviving the illness that plagued our pack while mine was lost. Your Gaia is on her way to becoming an excellent queen and you still rule a pack that is growing in numbers. If anything you have been blessed, despite everything that has happened."

Her tail curled around her paws as she again broke for breath. Her voice softened slightly then, a deep sigh escaping her before words. "I do not approve of many of the things you have done, but you are still my matriarch. I will continue to follow you until the gods provide some sign that your time is done or you are unwilling to lead. You have the strength of your father and the wisdom of your mother. I am certain that you can tap into those assets, even without them near."

"Speech"