Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-06-2019, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 09:09 PM by Branch.)
Alright so I have some ideas to run by everyone involved or not in Kesali. I have been working on a pack points list, plus I want to discuss a few things and find out what everyone thinks. I want to get honest opinions and of course further ideas. If you have any ideas that have not been covered feel free to bring them up because I would love to get some more ideas.

Pack points/rewards
Check out my WIP Google doc for current list click
  • Is there anything else you think should be either added, removed, or tweaked? I'm trying to make sure to cover all things pertaining to the pack, this would also include the ranks of treasure hunters and traders. I've been stuck on this for a while and would love help
  • Is this even an idea anyone is interested in? Ruina used this and honestly it really helped give me a boost in activity with Ruina so I'm hoping this will help keep Kesali active and to help attract more members for it.
  • What kind of organization should this have? Which should be worth more points what should be worth less? How often do you think some of these things can be claimed?

Rank specific Wearable items
  • Okay so this is something that is also a major WIP, because of the fact it obviously deals with everyone (consent that their wolf would wear things) and of course gems to buy all this stuff.
  • Would everyone be okay with their wolf wearing something that shows their pack & their rank in one?
  • Should these items be simple as in small things, like cloth pieces or bracelets? Or things such as Branch's necklace?
  • Obviously the higher the rank the more notable things the wolf would wear.
  • The color I would like things to be is the pack color which is a light blue
  • Ideas of what items to which rank?

Other brought up ideas
  • Dye/facepaint instead of the wearable items idea? Thoughts on this? Would this be easier to deal with and would everyone be okay with your wolf wearing this?

Argus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Jewell
02-06-2019, 08:58 PM
I'm not part of it but I would like to suggest dye/face paint

Argus has a sphinx for a companion, named Kamilah, she is assumed to be with Argus unless stated otherwise.

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Instead of Wearable items or in addition to?

Argus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Jewell
02-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Instead of wearable items

Argus has a sphinx for a companion, named Kamilah, she is assumed to be with Argus unless stated otherwise.

Birch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
02-06-2019, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 09:47 PM by Birch.)
Perhaps if someone starts out at a lower rank* but works their way up, they can amass the different accessories entailed by each of the ranks they've ascended to signify their dedication to the pack? idk if this is what you were going for, or if you were proposing one accessory to be switched to something better upon rank ascension.

In a similar vein, perhaps something akin to a charm/pendant system would work for that? i.e. instead of an entirely new accessory for each rank ascension (in case that gets out of hand with people flying up the ranks at record speed and no one can keep up gem wise), a new bead/charm/pendant is added to a bracelet or necklace the character wears to signify their standing?

Also paints/dyes would be awesome, and I could see it fitting into the aforementioned option of additional accessories, or serving as a perfect standalone (like Bri's Nomads getting updated symbols each time they ascend rank).

Would the rank ascensions be based on skill points as opposed to activity? Because I could see that as a good reward for putting in the effort to get a character's skill points up! Idk I have a bad memory so I've probably read this somewhere and I'm just dumb

Basically what I'm saying is let's decorate Birch, I'm totally down for this!

*which isn't always the case, sometimes someone goes straight up to a high rank by virtue of skills upon entry

Bluetick

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-07-2019, 10:27 AM
That would be cool especially when puppies start happening, but I’d have to see how many accessories are considered too many. I think as well it my become to expensive unless the I could see if we could have a Kesali donation pot for gems -shrugs- idk if that would be too complicated or not..

Now a charm/pendant system would be a great idea, you won’t be over accessorizing the character but it is still a way to show what tanks they have climbed. I would imagine each pendent would be a small accessory cost so we are still looking at gems and a potential Kesali donation pot.

Both these options are wonderful, but if a member would leave then we would have to make sure that it is know that thier accessories would be taken back because they stay with the pack

I didn’t think of that!!! A certain symbol could mean like a certain skill. And paints are not permanent so if a member leaves it could be washed away dyes are more permenant and idk what cost of those would be I’d have to talk to staff. But I do like this idea as well. Say for example we use a simple line for healers, each rank up adds another line.

I’m doing that for healers already, but I think I can go through and work it that each skill has something within the pack, the more skill points the higher rank you get

Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
02-17-2019, 04:17 PM
-slides in- Sorry, forgot about this! I can give a few quick thoughts.

Pack Points

The pack points idea sounds good to me and I like the list you have so far. I don't know how much I would personally utilize with RL putting me in such a time crunch, but I think if it was useful to you it likely would be for others. Point wise you could almost reference skill points as sort of an idea for some of them.

Wearable Rank Items

Lydia would be fine with wearing something designating pack and rank. I think there should be a few options depending on what a player is able to purchase like they could do this dyed mark or a small pendant, etc. and natural dyes that are applied daily don't need to be purchased, things like elderberry or certain clays.

I'll read through the thread a bit later and edit if needed. Got a lot on my plate today.