gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
02-23-2019, 06:29 PM

She was getting weaker and weaker each day and her attitude had plummeted since her visit with Ty. Despite Cloud's best efforts when she was alone she began to blame herself for how Ty turned out, that he turned away from her side of the family and favored his father. She was desperate to get where she needed to go before passing, to be with a small part of her family that could at least let her children know when death does take her. With the stress and the cancer spreading it was beginning to make her mind weak and despite her companions best efforts getting her all turned around and going completely the wrong direction from Lirim. She knew her time was coming to an end and she was growing desperate.

This place had been where everything started and today it was where she had been able to find shelter to stay out of the mild winter snow storm. It was a shallow cave with a medium sized entryway, tucked away in an odd cluster of stones. There the emaciated little women was curled in a tight ball, as tight as she could possibly go. The weaker she grew the harder it was to stay warm, even with her winter coat. Her wolverine companion was curled against the front of her putting himself between her and the entrance of the cave, blocking out the cold air and keeping his own thick coat against her to help keep her warm.

She was resting, today especially she was feeling very fatigued and right now her companion didn't feel right leaving her to go get something to eat. She needed to eat, they figured out a bit of a trick that at least helped her to keep some food within her body. Several very small, already chewed up meals that would be similar to regurgitated meat fed to young pups. These smaller bits were more likely to slip past the cancer within her stomach.

When the snow would let up maybe the Wolverine would hunt, but for now he was keeping his companion warm.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: pV7voRu.png]
[Image: 6qyNX6O.png]
Storm is completely blind
Storm's Companion Eli (Wolverine) is assumed to be with her at all times

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
02-27-2019, 10:26 PM
She didn’t like to stray far from Abaven, so when she needed a chance to clear her head, the Alpha wolf stuck to the lands surrounding her pack. The walk did her good, allowed her to stretch her legs. The light fall of snow didn’t bother her, and nor did the chill. Her coat was thick, and a healthy layer of fat sat over her muscler form. She enjoyed the cold, found the brisk winter air to be a welcome release. She went a little further then she had intended from Abaven, and that was how she found herself in the spot where she had first meet Ignatius. There weren’t many spots to den in the fairly open land, so the fresh scent of wolf at first surprised her.

Her curiosity brought her into finding the cluster of stones that sheltered the stranger, and catching a glimpse of the tiny, and extremely thin wolf. A sharp sound of surprise escaped her lips as she glimpsed into the den, before manners overtook her. “Hello? Are you okay in there?” she asked softly. Already she could feel her protective instincts rising up, like a possessive shout in her heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
02-27-2019, 10:38 PM
The two had thought they were alone and the wolverine at her side was always on guard. He was worried sick over her and couldn’t help but always be on edge especially was he was her only line of defense if another attacked. Eli immediately began to growl as the sound of surprise came from the larger women. His hair would prickle in an attempt to make him larger and more fierce looking. As the women spoke, Storm would gently nuzzle the wolverine quieting his defensive growl and marking his attention turn back to her. Storm has always been a lot more trusting of strangers then he was and she didn’t feel that would change lifting her head the blind women stared blankly towards the entrance.

“I just need a little rest. I think I’ll be okay,” she stated.

She knew it wasn’t the case, that eventually she would die, but at this point in her life she didn’t fear it. She was grateful for the other’s concern, but she was just too tired today to do much traveling in this snow.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

02-27-2019, 10:52 PM
A wolverine she hadn’t first noticed would rise up in response to her presence, its tone threatening, protective. She took no offense to that, understanding the urge. Anyone would feel it, seeing this damaged woman. The stranger quieted the wolverine, before speaking herself. Shaye’s eyes narrowed at the comment. She sounded.. Well, she sounded like a wolf that had curled up in a quiet corner to die.
Shaye was having none of it

“That may be so, but this is hardly a nice place for a quiet rest.” she tapped the stone in front of her. “This a cold and unforgiving place to make a den. My pack isn’t far from here, would you turn down a meal and a warmer den to bed down in? My borders are always open” she said gently, through she didn’t yet come any closer, she took the warning from the wolverine seriously.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
02-27-2019, 11:04 PM
She wouldn’t get away that easily, but Storm didn’t know she had run into a wolf like herself in her younger days. One so eager to help even if the other didn’t need it. She mentioned her pack wasn’t that far and was offering her a meal and a warm den to rest in. She let herself think a moment realizing where she actually was. The rock garden and the last time she was here the closest pack had been.... Abaven with Bass as it’s leader. She let out a quiet breath as her memories wanted to come back, but she pushed them aside for now.

“A meal and a warm den is a nice offer, and honestly i wouldn’t deny it. The safety of a pack would give us both a much needed rest. Is this pack Abaven?” She would reply.

She knew things were always changing and there was a chance Abaven was no longer around. This women could very well have a totally different pack, but Storm would admit the familiarity of Abaven territory would be so much nicer then trying to find her way to Lirim. When she had left Corentine was still there and she longed to see her.

“I was a member of Abaven when Bass was around,” she would at, smiling at the memories of him.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

02-27-2019, 11:09 PM
She was surprised when the woman named her pack, through perhaps she shouldn’t be. Abaven had been around a long time, with a few leaders by now, and was well known across the land, if only by its tenacity.
“It is indeed Abaven” She confirmed, and then would hear the name of her Uncle. She didn’t hear him name that often any more, and the reminder was sharp through her. The reminder of everyone she had lost, and missed.

“Bass was actually my Uncle, and it would be a pleasure to have an old member back in the pack lands.” she said gently, approaching closer to the wolf now that they were having a friendly conversation. “There's a little bit of a snowstorm coming around at the moment, would you accept a little bit of help getting there? “ her voice remained gentle, and soft, as she regarded this frail looking wolf.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
02-27-2019, 11:16 PM
Her tail would wag when the women would confirm that it was indeed Abaven she was talking about. For some reason Storm felt as if she would be going home when going back to Abaven. So many fond memories and good wolves from what she remembered. Then the women explained that Bass was actually her uncle and Storm would raise her head more. So the pack still remained within his family, which was good to hear. The women would be happy to have an old member back and really how could Storm refuse. Rest and safety is what she needed and Eli needed it as well.

As Shaye approached the Wolverine would rise, but instead of getting defensive he would move out of the way. He was able to quietly read the situation and did not at all sense a threat from the women. Plus he himself was exhausted. Storm would nod to Shay’s words. They would get there a lot faster if she accepted the help. Plus she didn’t think being caught in a storm would be a good for any of them.

“We would certainly get there faster, I trust you,” she would say.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

02-28-2019, 12:27 AM
The wolf was easily trusting, or perhaps she just had a good sense of character. Shaye had made it her life’s mission to help others, after all. “Alright then” she said, and it was decided. She nodded respectfully towards the wolverine as he moved quietly out of the way.

She bent down and picked up the small, blind wolf. It was shockingly easy, the emaciated wolf was was half the Alpha’s height, and was almost like a babe. She picked her up as gently as she was able to, and would head back out into the gentle storm. She would pick her way carefully to Abaven, trying to keep from jostling her load too much, well also moving quickly. She didn’t want to keep this small wolf out in the storm for any longer than was necessary.

She made her way back to Abaven, and made straight for her own den. She set her down inside, almost tripping over Motif as she did so. Once Storm was placed on the sheeps rug, she curled herself around her form, leaving room for the wolverine.

Motif looked at both of them with great curiosity, but somehow refrained from saying anything. Perhaps even the young wolf could see that not all was well with the tiny, blind wolf Shaye had brought home. Instead, Motif made her way close to Storm, and tucked herself under the woman’s chin, curling up in the nap of her neck.
“Welcome to Abaven, this is my daughter, Motif” she said quietly to the other wolf. “Winter, are you around here somewhere?” the bird cawed from one of the shelves that lined the den, and Shaye’s eyes made her way to the bird. “Can you grab a rabbit from the pile for our newest member?” she asked of her companion, who gave a caw and leaped from her purchase and out of the den.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
04-30-2019, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 09:02 AM by Storm.)

With her size and underweight body, Shaye didn't take much to get her onto her back. She carried her and Eli was hot on their heels, not wanting to have them out of his sight. Storm's pride was somewhat hurt knowing that this would be the beginning of relying on others to aid her. She hated to ask for help and didn't want to take advantage of other's, but she was getting weaker and Eli could only do so much to help her.

Shaye was careful to not jostle her much, something Storm appreciated very much. The trip to Abaven hadn't been long and the ride upon the other's back had been surprisingly comfortable, more so then she thought it could. Although it could have just been the exhaustion she was feeling, one couldn't be too sure. Once arriving Shaye had taken her to a den, placed her on a very soft and comfortable sheep's pelt and then curled her form around Storm. Eli came and curled himself in with Storm and the form of a pup curled herself under her chin.

So much care, so much kindness from Shaye. Storm could see why she was now the leader of Abaven, there couldn't possibly be someone better to carry on Bass' pack. She hadn't been around long when Sparrow was leader and Storm was sure she had been great, but Shaye reminded Storm of one of the elder healers within the clan, always willing to help no matter what.

"It's nice to meet you Motif, I'm Storm Wreckage and this is Eli," she would greet the pup quietly.

Shaye sent her own companion to bring food from the pile, but Storm's exhaustion was beginning to take over. Now that she was warm and comfortable falling asleep would not be to far away. Even Eli was starting to doze off in his position.

"Thank you so much for everything one thing I didn't catch was your name," Storm said trying to keep herself from falling asleep.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Art by Mochiimomo