Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
03-03-2019, 05:22 AM
She claimed that it was all according to plan. Striden smirked, sure lets say he believed her. Paradise told him she had fun today and that it's been a while. Her words were an excellent reminder of something important. He thought for a moment. Wasn't this the sort of thing that made kids not want to grow up? Funny how natural it was to stop having fun in order to take care of higher priority matters. Striden was going to do the same here, he was disappointed in himself.

He replied to her calmly once more. "Adults seem to focus on other things than having fun." Then he shrugged "It's heart breaking to seem them stop smiling and take things too seriously." Yeah it was. It's part of the reason he was here in the first place. He needed to do his best to not be like them, otherwise they win. So change of plans. "Now that we are friends, what brings you here?" He asked with a small smile.

Paradise

Somnium

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-04-2019, 06:14 PM

She listened quietly to what he said. And in a way, it was true. He was right. When people got older, they stopped remembering how to have fun. They stopped playing. They grew up. She was guilty of that, too. Though she blamed her lack of a childhood for that one. Left alone for so long, her siblings never around...she had to learn how to do things for herself, not ever thinking about having fun or playing. Her demeanor turned a little solemn when she thought about it. And it saddened her to a degree, all the time she lost waiting for something to happen. Waiting for her stupid family to come back. She had decided to venture out on her own far too late, already feeling like she was at the midway point of her life. She felt robbed, but she also knew she couldn't entirely blame her family. She had been naive, hoping and waiting for them. Though she was still naive even now, she was at least a little wiser.

She was pulled from her thoughts when Striden asked her what brought her here, a question that would likely be repeated by everyone she met, if any, along the way. "I uh...decided to get out of my southern comfort zone to come and explore the North. I've never seen snow before, something I'm sure you noticed with my lack of experience on the ice." She shrugged, a sheepish look on her face as she peered at him. Would he think her sheltered? Dumb? She didn't know. She tried hard to not appear so vulnerable or anything in front of anyone. But then again, there wasn't anyone around to try not to show those things to.

"Talk" "You" Think
Tracker
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Striden

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
03-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Striden shrugged in return and responded. "I have no doubt that you are experienced in something I never heard of. I'm exploring just as much as you are." It would be dumb to judge her based on what he knew and not on what she knows. Someone who travel across the world would obviously know something he never seen. This was the main reason why he was thought to never underestimate anyone and be respectful. Knowledge saves lives, especially if one has friends from all places.

He decided to make a sudden finale. He spoke in a confident tone. "Well anyway, I like you so lets meet up again here in a week or so and report our findings. It will be nice to you again. Until then good luck out there." He said with a smile before moving forward. He gave her the opportunity to get some words out of course but he also made it clear that it was time to get ready to meet again in the future. At least that was his intentions. It will be fun that way.

Paradise

Somnium

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-16-2019, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 11:51 PM by Paradise.)

The babe nodded, a small smile showing. It was possible she did know some things he didn't. What those things were, however, she didn't know. "Well anyway, I like you so let's meet up again here in a week or so and report our findings. It will be nice to you again. Until then good luck out there." Her tail wagged, her grin growing wider. "Alright, sounds good to me!" She watched as he started to walk away, and she took that as her cue to leave as well. "See ya 'round, Striden." She called over her shoulder. She broke into a trot as she headed her own way, casting one final glance over her shoulder as the pair parted ways. She had to admit, she had fun today. Perhaps more fun than she had in a long time. She looked forward to meeting him again and wondered what they would both get into during their travels...

-Exit-

"Talk" "You" Think
Tracker
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!