gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-07-2019, 08:58 PM

She stretched her long form, waking up her muscles from her position of sleep. She had done a little over sleeping this morning and it was time for her to finally get up and get herself going. She had been taking it a little easier lately since she had found a nice old badger hole. It was long abandoned and all she had to do was make it bigger. She had been here all winter and didn't have any urge to move any time soon. Now that it was spring the prey was on the move and they were moving down from the north. So far she was still finding a good supply of food, but she might have to move down from the north and the mountains to fallow the bigger prey. She was keeping an eye on their movements

Moving along the fresh tracks she did her best to remain quiet. She was fallowing a wounded doe, the same Doe she had been stalking for the past few days. When she first spotted the doe she was heavily pregnant, the next day she had seen her she had given birth, but no visible calf in sight. Today the doe was limping and must have been attacked last night by another predator, or slipped and twisted her leg. Elara hadn't gotten close enough to see yet, but the Doe was staying within the same woods she was and it would only be a matter of time before the doe would become her next meal.

"Speech"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-07-2019, 10:56 PM

He had returned North again. Only this time, he had a different goal in mind. He hadn't thought about doing this before, but Actaea had planted the seed in his head and he couldn't shake the thought. He headed North to seek out potential lands that would be suitable for a pack, and with only one pack up this way, there were plenty of lands to choose from. Down South, it was much too crowded. With all those other packs around, he didn't want the crowded feeling at his future borders, or the potential for too much hostility to arise being so close to other packs, especially since he didn't really know their motives save for his nephews pack.

He was scouting out the forest with the trees that reached for the heavens. And it didn't take him long to find that he wasn't alone here. The scent of deer and another wolf came upon his path, and when he pput his nose to the ground, he recognized the scent of Elara. Lifting his head, he followed the scent until he spotted her alabaster form through the trees, though he kept his distance and lowered his body when he realized she was hunting the deer he had smelled previously. He didn't want to mess up her hunt, so he kept a fair distance so as not to distract her or alert the doe to his presence, but close enough to where he might be able to help her if she needed it.

speech action

Elara I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-08-2019, 07:53 PM

There was another set of plans rolling forward and soon the stench of bear filled her nostrils. Hair instinctively stood on her neck and back and her pace slowed to an almost stop. She could hear the light huffing sound of the bear up ahead and it made her stop in her tracks. It seems that the best idea would be to abandon her hunt for now. If she continued and ended up getting the deer there was a chance the bear would be hungry enough to try and steal it. They were after all coming out of hibernation and were extra testy. Sniffing the air lightly again before shaking her head and turning around. She would come back later to see if the bear had taken the deer or not, but right now it wouldn't be safe for her to continue in that direction.

Though when she turned around she hadn't expected to see a familiar face trailing a distance behind her. The male she had fought beside when the cougar attacked her, Acere. She looked at him before walking straight over to him.

"Are you fallowing me?" she teased with a light smile.

She hadn't expected to see him again, but so far he had been the only wolf she had met since coming here. He proved on their first interaction that he was at least a gentleman and not afraid to step in the line of danger to protect another.

"Speech"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-12-2019, 05:58 PM

He quietly watched her. But it didn't take long before she seemed to abandon her hunt. The wind wasn't in his favor for him to be able to smell the bear and he was too far to hear it, so he was confused about why she decided to abandon her hunt. When she turned around and spotted him, he smiled and stood up. She approached him, and when she got close enough to tease him, he felt his face flush with embarrassment. Again. "Wh- I-" He supposed it kinda looked like that, didn't it? He shook his head as he tried to appear... not so flustered. "I was just... taking a look around the area and I happened to come across your scent," He wasn't entirely sure why her teasing left him feeling the way he did. First time it was about his butt, and now it was about him following her. This woman really knows how to make me feel foolish...but...I guess not in a bad way? The alabaster male started sinking into his thoughts about it all. All while staring at her the whole time.

When he realized he was probably looking creepy by staring at her, he shook his head. He blinked and looked to the ground for a moment, "What are you doing up this way? Wouldn't there be better prey elsewhere now that Spring is here?" He tried to shift the conversation away from his awkwardness, and he was genuinely curious why she chose to hunt here. He couldn't lie to himself though, he was kind of...happy to have run into her again.

speech action

Elara I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-12-2019, 06:53 PM

She found it amusing how for a second time now she seemed to catch him off guard with her teasing. It felt a bit good that she could fluster him. She sat down in front of him as he tried to find his words, tried to explain himself and all she could do was just smile at him.

"Sure you did, or maybe you've been stalking me the past couple of weeks," she continued to tease while he drifted into his thoughts and staring at her.

She eyed him, more curious then anything at what he was thinking about not at all unnerved at the fact he was staring at her the whole time. She was actually glad to have run onto him again, a familiar face. It didn't seem like many wolves lived in the north, but not every wolf grew up in harsher climates like she had. He then shifted the conversation from her teasing, asking her what she was doing up here. At first she gave a shrug in an answer to him.

"The prey would be better...... There still is a few herds lingering around for now and really the north reminds me of home..... I'm used to a more harsher climate," she explained. "What brought you back up this way?"

"Speech"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-13-2019, 11:28 PM

This woman really had a knack for making him feel the way he did. He wasn't used to the playful tones and the teasing. For so long he had been in a serious mindset. Especially after everything that transpired since Elias had returned. Claimed the pack of Ruina. And then abandoned his kids. Ace had focused on raising them and teaching them what he could. So focused on them...they were his world, after all. They were all he had, especially since he didn't have children of his own. He tended to forget to take time to focus on himself. And he, in fact, hadn't done that in a long time. "I suppose I wish I could say that were true. Who wouldn't want to track down the woman that stood up to a cougar?" He chuckled a bit after that. In truth, maybe that would have kept him from attending that stupid challenge that caused him to act the way he did. That caused him to lose his rank in Abaven...but then if that hadn't happened, he wouldn't be out here.

She explained why she was here and hunting the prey that lingered here as opposed to those in the warmer climates. He nodded along. It made sense to him, though he couldn't say he missed the jungles of his childhood. Though the tundra he lived in with Winter well...it was something he hadn't thought about in a long time, but...he did miss it too. "I guess you can say there's some things that I miss as well. Which is why I came up North." He looked at her for a long moment. Wondering if he should admit the main reason he had come. His main goal was to scout the lands for the pack he aimed to create. But he knew he would need more than just lands...he also needed the members to bring the pack to fruition.

He had to admit, he was...nervous about the whole thing. He never truly considered himself a leader, even though he practically had nearly all the qualities of one. He tried not to think of the memory that was surfacing...yet another memory of his beloved Winter...He pushed it away for now. "Truth be told, Elara, I came to take a look at the lands here. I plan on...starting a pack of my own..." He cleared his throat, ears falling back slightly as he glanced away for a moment. He was unsure, yes. Definitely nervous about the whole ordeal. He would either succeed or fail. His pack would either flourish or wither away to nothing. That was the gamble that came with a pack, but he wouldn't know what would happen until he tried. "A lot of things have happened as of late. And I think it's time I part ways with the pack I currently reside in."

speech action

Elara I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-21-2019, 08:42 PM

His comment made a smirk appear on her face and her tail to wag. The compliment like remark was refreshing to hear and it at least showed that she had made a good first impression. She couldn't really come up with a teasing remark and left it at that. He most certainly made a good first and second impression to her. She was actually glad to have some company for once, especially familiar company like him. he explained why he was back up here and nodded. Though she didn't realize the meaning behind it, she herself always ended up coming back to the more colder climates because it reminded her so much of home.

Then after a short silence he gave her the real reason and it made her curious. He was making a pack, although she couldn't saw she was completely surprised. From what she had seen of him so far he seemed to be fit for the role of an alpha. Anyone who was willing to throw themselves in the line of danger for a stranger was an absolute plus as well. Although she had no clue what creating your own pack entailed. She imagined it could be difficult, but she didn't know for sure. She didn't get the vibe that he was entirely sure on his decision. The way he looked away didn't really speak the confidence she had seen in him before.

"Well..... There a few places up here that I personally have found living in successful and like I said I'm still seeing plenty of prey. I could show them to you if you like," she offered.

She didn't really feel like she could help any other way, but maybe there was a way and she just didn't know it yet.

"Honestly I feel like you would do well as an alpha, from what I've seen so far. What kind of plans do you have so far?" she asked.

"Speech"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-21-2019, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 09:52 PM by Acere.)

"Well..... There a few places up here that I personally have found living in successful and like I said I'm still seeing plenty of prey. I could show them to you if you like," His gaze showed interest as he lifted his head with curiosity. "I think that is a great idea, I appreciate your help," His tail began to wag a little, the alabaster male glad to have some help. Truth be told, he wasn't quite sure where to begin, but if she was willing to help him then there was a chance that this whole thing could be done faster than he initially thought. He was probably a little more excited now than he thought he'd be. "Honestly I feel like you would do well as an alpha, from what I've seen so far." The path that was laid out before him didn't seem so...scary. In a sense. The doubt that had been lingering inside him was slowly melting away. Though he didn't know her very well yet, he was hopeful for the opportunity to learn more about her. So far, he knew she was kind and nice, brave, smart, had an incredible sense of humor and even seemed to keep him on his toes.

"Thank you. That means alot, you know. I was doubting myself for a while, whether I had it in me to take on the position, but...I think it's worth a try." He took a deep breath, crimson gaze more confident as he looked at her. "What kind of plans do you have so far?" He grew thoughtful for a moment. He hadn't really thought it over. He was kind of just taking things in stride and see where the path would take him. "Well, to start...I suppose I should gather up a few heads to help me start the beginning of a new pack. My niece, Actaea, and my nephew Ignis are of course, joining me. But I'll need more than that if we're to thrive." He was worried that he wouldn't be as successful with finding others interested, but hey, he would still try.

speech action

Elara I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
04-28-2019, 06:15 PM

She would smile as he stated he would appreciate the help. She picked herself up and began to lead him through the woods when he was ready. These woods were one of the best spots she had found, it was more central giving way to plentiful prey all year around. This would be a great spot if he chose the North for his pack. She would listen to him while guiding him around nodding in agreement. She agreed that it was worth a try because without trying there is no way of knowing if your truly cut out for something.

"You won't ever know if your cut out for it unless you try something my father made sure to drill into my head," she said glancing to him and smiling.

He spoke of his plans, the first thing he brought up was gathering wolves. He named two others that would for sure be joining him, but he would need more. It made her ponder for a moment wondering what was different with the pack life versus life at home with her family. She had to admit she wouldn't mind learning and seeing more of Acere, he had been the only kind face she had met since coming here.

Sure she didn't know if she was cut out for a pack, but like she had just told him, you never know unless you try. Plus he needed the wolf power so why not put herself to good use?

"I've never been a pack wolf before, but I would be willing to give it a try if you need the wolves," she offered.

"Speech"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
05-09-2019, 01:05 PM
"You won't ever know if your cut out for it unless you try something my father made sure to drill into my head," He glanced at her as they walked, an easy smile showing. "Wise words," He chuckled. She was right. Her father was right. He couldn't knock it before he tried it, and if he failed? Well...at least he tried. It was a repetitive thought for him at the moment, the Male cocking his head slightly as he realized that. Anyhow, he felt that if he turned out to fail as an alpha, then he'd have no problem letting someone else take up the reigns.

He looked over the forest as they walked, noting the trees and hearing the squirrels, and even finding that plenty of prey seemed to hang around. He could smell their trails crisscrossing all over, and had a feeling he might consider this place to claim unless something better came up. He was somewhat distracted with looking around that he became surprised when Elara offered to try out pack life. He looked at her, mild surprise on his face. They hadn't known each other long, but already he felt glad that she had decided to join him. "I'd be honored to have you in the pack," He smiled, tail wagging happily. He had a feeling they'd get along quite well.