Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Entering on long, elegant limbs, the she-wolf held her head high as walked with a sort of regality. She walked with a purpose, one not known to anyone but her, as if she had a destination and a reason to be heading there.
Which she did.
The multi-colored female stopped near a small hill that happened to interrupt the flatness of the plains. It seemed like a nice place to rest and she was rather tired from all of the dull walking. So, the young canine lowered herself into a relaxed sitting position, sharp, amber eyes scanning the terrain ahead of her. Where was this pack anyway? Surely they weren't in the mountains? She'd loathe having to travel that far. Maybe someone would just.. come along?

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-08-2014, 03:14 PM

There seemed to be no rest for Bass, but as was the life of the Azat. He had just began to head to his den when a scent of a stranger reached his nose. Was it another wolf who wished to join his ranks? Abaven seemed to be filling fast, he would need to think about claiming a new land pretty soon here. Heading away from his cozy den and towards the scent, he kept alert just in case this stranger was not one who wished to be in his ranks.

Bass saw the stranger sitting just bu his border, a bark leaving his mouth to call the females attention. Wagging his tail in a soft greeting, he smiled at the dame. "Hello stranger, what brings you to my border on this fine day?" He asked, resting his rump on the landscape. Was she here for a reason, or had she just simply stopped for a rest?

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-08-2014, 03:56 PM

Mirabelle tensed up immediately the moment the scent caught her attention. No howl, just at the border, and most definitely a stranger. Her fur prickled and her ears flattened momentarily before she began loping towards the scent. To her surprise, Bass's scent soon became intertwined with the stranger's, and she blinked, slowing down to a nice, smooth trot. The pair soon came in sight, and Mirabelle slowed even further as she neared. So. A joiner or a passer-by? It was obvious Bass didn't know the female - not that it was her business if it was - so all Mira did was sit next to her alpha, fixing Vendetta with stern eyes and an expression that hinted at a warning. Do something wrong, and you're dead, it seemed to say.

?speech?
[Image: cq7LziB.jpg]

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-08-2014, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014, 01:26 PM by Vendetta.)
As the first canine approached, she lifted her head to gaze at him fully. The color of his pelt surprised her, being that he was nearly completely white. How did he blend into anything during every season but Winter? Yet, he seemed like he was important, just by the way he held himself. She could read the stories, the experience, from his eyes, the many tales of happiness, anger and loss. Surely he must have been a being in a higher.. tier, they were called? In a higher tier than she would most likely be in, should she go through with this.

Yes, she was here to join.

With pursed lips, the female was about to reply when movement caught her eye. Another wolf, this time, a russet female. In her eyes, she was attractive what with her golden eyes and bi-colored pelt. It was the look in her eye, however, that captured her attention the most. It was a look that sung a ballad of warnings, a powerful look. And for this power hungry dame, that was exactly what she liked.

Returning her fire-like gaze to the alabaster male, she allowed a very, very slight smile to grace her muzzle before she opened her mouth to speak. "Should you allow me, my goal is to join the pack that lives in this area," was her simple, to-the-point answer. Her tone was like honey, slow, smooth and just a tad bit sweet.. almost like a Siren's.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-08-2014, 04:39 PM

Warmth spread along his flank as one of his pack members joined him at his side. Turning his golden gaze towards her, he kindly dipped his head but did not say a word. He was intent on this strange being, the one who simply sat on his border. When at last she spoke, he knew that she was here to join. He chuckled smoothly, his ivory tail curling over his similar hued paws. "Well then, the right wolf has come before you then. I am Bass Destruction, and I am Azat of these lands. If you wish to join Abaven, please do share your strengths." He was wary of her, unsure of what she truly wanted. It was strange for wolves to just sit at his border, to not howl for his attention.

Taking in a deep breath, he looked the darker female over, his golden gaze somewhat narrowed. It was hard to say what she was interested in, is pack had a number of ranks that called to all sorts of wolves. They could be anything that they put their mind to, if they proved themselves of course. But was this stranger capable of what he was asking for? He waited, needing to hear her answer to know how to move forward.

Speech,

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-09-2014, 01:36 PM

Mira didn't trust her. It wasn't that she was a stranger, but her manner, her tone of voice when she spoke. Her voice itself seemed too smooth, too sweet. And she didnt call fir Bass. It seemed almost sneaky, and ahe didnt like it. But that was it. Nothing more. It was just instinctual dislike, she guessed. But her instincts were generally correct, and she wasn't about to ignore what has led her true so many times.

The Bjundi kept her eyes focused on the stranger, her gaze not wavering once, not even when Bass spoke. She was there to protect. And damnit, if this wolf said fighting was her forte, Mira was going to throw a ragin mental fit. And then promptly defeat her in a challenge, and teach herhet place. Her hackles rose a bit as she realized something. The stranger never told her name. "Pardon the interruption, sir," she told Bass, glancing at him real quick. "This wolf never gave us the pleasure of knowing her name before asking to join Abaven." Her mistrust of the black femme grew higher, and she barely resisted baring her teeth at her.

?speech?

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-09-2014, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014, 05:26 PM by Vendetta.)
The female's reaction to her response amused her, so much so that she moved her gaze from Bass for a few precious moments. Amber met gold and she could've sworn that she saw a few sparks fly between them. They could be something together but whether that "something" was good or bad, she wasn't sure. She opened her jaws as if she was going to speak but instead guided her tongue over her lips, simply to wet them. Oh this was going to be fun.

Turning back towards Bass, she would reply to him first. "My strengths? How bold to ask for something so personal," she teased lightly, her visionaries glinting with a bit of mischief. "So far, I've found myself to be rather skilled at reconnaissance and traits of the like, as well as what would be referred to "stealth." Particularly, I excel at moving around undetected and.. assassinations." She made sure to pause before she spoke that last word, simply for effect. The female refused to speak her name just yet, she hadn't approved of these two yet. It was a pleasure to know her name, not a right. For that reason, she withheld that particular piece of information until the time was right.

speech

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM

Mirabelle had shocked him, the tension that seemed to boil through her blood. Calmly Bass flicked her flank with his tail, warning her. He did not trust the female as well, but he was not so openly mistrusting. His emotions were instead hidden beneath his calm exterior. He was not one to anger quickly, and he knew how to play his cards right. Even if this stranger was an odd one indeed, there was a spark of interest in his pack, and he wouldn't turn away wolves simply because they were different. He would keep a close eye on them, of course, but refusing to accept a member with no background was not the kind of reputation that this Azat wanted for his kingdom. He could feel that tension flash between the two females, and he almost felt like he may need to dismiss the dame from this meeting. However, he gave her a chance, shooting her a warning look with that golden gaze of his.

Turning his attention to the ebony babe, he appraised her when she said that she was an assassin. He was not surprised, the information was stored away neatly in his mind but did not effect his outward appearance at all. That easy, simple smile was still pressed on his lips as he simply awaited. She teased him, telling him that it was something so personal. "Maybe I should have asked for a demonstration then?" He offered, but did not dwell on her words for too long. She would be a good Pera if she was used to being unseen, he needed more messengers that were skilled at being hidden. The alabaster brute did not let her tone entrap his mind, it was simply water off a ducks back.

"So then, strange shadow hider, why Abaven? Why come to my borders on this fine day? You state you are interested, yet you have not made it known if you are or not. Abaven does not host strangers inside its boundaries, if you wish to stay then I must know so." His words were not spoken with any harshness, nor was it a demanding tone. He was just simply stating the facts, making his thoughts known. The strange feelings from Mirabelle had not yet left her, and he was worried that she would soon attack this ebon stranger. Anticipating her willingness to protect, he rose to his paws and sat himself down slightly in front of her, blocking her sight momentarily. "You need to calm yourself, or I must ask you to leave." He whispered, his words for her ears only. There were hushed in tone, as he stared her down. He was not angry, or upset, but he would not deal with a battle on his boarders, not on this day.

Walk "Talk" Think

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-09-2014, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014, 05:41 PM by Mirabelle.)

She felt the tail flick, but it barely registered. She was too busy staring at the wolf with an expression of pure hatred. She gave in to her urge, and her lip curled back, baring sharp ivory fangs as the female met her gaze and taunted her with the lick of her lips. Her fur rose for a brief moment, before she forced it back down, remembering - barely - the warning Bass had just given her.

That did not remain so for long, not with the woman's words. In a flash, Mira was standing, her fur rising. Her lips pulled back to bear her sharp teeth, and her ears were already flattening. Preparing. Her eyes narrowed and a growl rumbled deep in her throat. She didn't say anything or attack - yet - rather, she waited to see Bass' words, his reaction. It was the only remnant of self control she had left. The only rational part of her mind left. The rest? Ready to spring, ready to tear into the female. But Bass... he was completely calm. Completely neutral.His first sentence, though, Mira wanted to smack him upside the head for. A demonstration? Was he stupid?

Then in a flash, he was in front of her, blocking her view. Her fur immediately flattened and she sank down, lowering herself beneath him. A position of submissiveness. Her tail, which had risen to be parallel to her spine, lowered and curled beneath her. His words made sense, but... "She's an assassin!" she whispered harshly, but still low and quiet enough that the stranger wouldn't hear. Her eyes shimmered with pain and fear as she looked up at Bass. "Don't trust her. Please!" Yes, she was begging. No she didn't care. Not anymore. No. She couldn't deal with the mem- her thought processes stopped. No. With a flash, she knew who the wolf was. Vendetta. A low growl grew again, her fur rising as her body tensed. She resisted the urge to attack - barely - by knowing Bass had to know. "That's Vendetta Prixes," she breathed. "From my old pack. You don't know my past. But I was trained to kill. I was the alpha's - my father's - pride. I was perfect, in his eyes. I didn't ask questions; I did as I was told. I killed, when I was told. With no hesitation. She's the secondary alpha's daughter. She was considered inferior to me. So she was trained as a spy instead of as a killer. When I... ran they must have had her replace me." Fear shuddered through her body as she whispered this, so quiet, so quickly. Low enough Vendetta wouldn't hear either, thankfully. It wasn't a history Mira had wanted to share, either, but in this situation she had to. While she spoke, her fur had relaxed, remaining slightly poofed but mostly calm. Anger and instinctual hate had been replaced by fear. A fear that brought all sorts of questions to her mind. How had she come here? How had Vendetta found Abaven? Found her? Obviously, she didn't recognize her yet. Well, that she knew of. They had rarely interacted when she was there. But everyone knew the alpha's daughter; his pride and joy. And later, the bane of his existence. Was she there to kill Mira? Or did her father send Vendetta to kill all that Mira had been close to? The red wolf immediately thought of Harmony, and another growl, low and only audible by Bass, escaped. No. She would not allow Harmony to be harmed. Never.

The Bjundi looked back up at her alpha with pleading eyes. Even more so than before. "Please." This time, her voice had the tone of brokenness in it, of fear. Still begging.

?speech?

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-09-2014, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014, 06:27 PM by Vendetta.)
His response did not surprise her and she'd been about to reply when the female reacted. Her anger excited her and she couldn't help but show a more visible grin onto her lips. She'd gotten under her skin, adorable. She was the reason she was here, after all, it'd be disappointing if she didn't make an impression of some kind.

Soon enough, there it was. The expression she was looking for. Finally, after what'd seemed like ages, she'd recognized her. Took her long enough, she'd thought that she would remember her on the spot. Had she really gotten that weak? No wonder she ran.

After she'd finished her little.. whatever that was, she would reply. "Like I'm sure dear Mira here has just relayed to you, I was searching for her. I received word that she was here and came immediately. Her father is worried for her and requested that I find her and become a.. bodyguard of sorts for her. He doesn't want his precious angel getting hurt, after all," she explained curtly. Simple, to the point, authoritative. Exactly what she'd been taught.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-10-2014, 10:32 PM

When he stepped in front of Mira he didn't expect the reaction that he got. His ears perked all the way forward, his fur standing on end at her pleas. He did not expect this from her, to beg him not to let this wolf into the pack. He knew that it must be something major for one with her ambitions to be groveling at his paws. Glancing over his shoulder at the ebony babe who was causing this, he took in her form and didn't understand this why this one girl was causing so much pain. So he turned back to the Bjundi, waiting to hear what Mira had to say.

So he did know her, as a killer from her old pack. Slowly blinking his eyes, he tried to keep his calm exterior in place. He would not lose himself over this rather... confusing situation. He was unsure at that to do, with Mirabelle begging him. He took a deep breath, his ears resting flat against his pale skull. "Compose yourself Mira." He said softly, keeping her blocked until she pulled herself together. He would not allow this Vendetta to cause her any harm.

He didn't trust the words that came from her dark lips, narrowing his eyes at her. "Is your reason for joining Abaven to protect Mirabelle? Because she already has someone looking after her, a whole pack that is standing ready at her back. You are more than welcome to join us, I will not turn you away. But you will not be working with Mirabelle, and if you pull anything to harm her or anyone in my pack there will be consequences." His voice was level and calm, a slight demanding tone in his voice. He would fight this stranger in Mira's place, her emotions would overpower her thoughts and she could make stupid choices.

Bass' tail curled over his back, his golden eyes narrowed. "Tel me Vendetta, what you truly want with my pack." He stood taller, his chest puffing out as his stance widened. If it came to a fight, so be it. He would protect his pack with his life.

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-13-2014, 09:49 PM

Mira winced slightly at Bass's initial response. Had she been able to be in a more submissive position without appearing weak to Vendetta - vulnerable - she would have done so. As it was, her only reaction was to look down at the ground, fervently wishing he would listen. And when he did, it was a surprise to her. Maybe it was the sincerity of her please, so rare from her.

Her initial urge to the first words - and only words - to her explanation was to blow Bass off, but she forced herself to listen to reason. Despite the curt reply and the no mention to what she said, she could by no means directly disobey her alpha. The level two guard slowly rose, ears and tail raising somewhat. Her face smoothed, her jaw setting and her eyes becoming blank. Maybe this wasn't the type of composure Bass meant, but it was what he was going to get. Of course, she still almost lost that composure when Vendetta spoke. Lies Everything the woman said was false. A low growl rumbled deep in her through, quickly cut off as she stared, silently, at the ebony wolf. She will regret coming here. She swore this to herself, silently.

Bass handled the situation though, and rather deftly. It appeared.. as if he really did listen, and not just give the appearance of doing so. He treated Vendetta with suspicion. Hell - his words were a lot more than just that. He practically, in her mind, said she was part of the family, the family that was the pack. Yes, technically, she was, but she always felt due to her own experiences, that she was never truly part. Until now. Her eyes shifted to glance at Bass before returning to Vendetta. She hated that he would accept her anyways - but she appreciated that if Vendetta did come into the pack, then she would not be allowed near Mira. And it was implied that she would be watched. Mira stood firm as Bass assumed an even more dominant position, directing the force of his alpha-ness at Vendetta. There was that suspicion again, luckily not at the packmate standing next to him. And that femme stood as tall as she could, making clear her support of the younger wolf.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-14-2014, 06:34 AM
Copper visionaries stayed fixated on Bass for a few moments after he'd finished speaking before shifting over to Mirabelle. They lingered there for just a couple seconds before returning to the Azat, amusement hidden in their depths. This was interesting, the way he trusted her so much, the way he actually believed her when the story, in its essence, sounded completely outrageous. Assassins? Please. That was how it had always been, a pact kept by the members so well that their mere existence seemed like fantasy.

"It was but now I see that I am not necessary. Very well then," she replied in a similar calm manner with just a hint of gratitude. She left just enough of a pause between that and her next statement to let her think that she might just leave. "A home," she would then reply after that lovely silence. Whether they believed she was being honest or not was up to the two of them as she gave no hints in her tone or expression.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-16-2014, 06:52 PM

His eyes narrowed at the female, and he knew that he didn't fully trust her, not at all. But she had requested a home, and Bass was suddenly cursing his good nature. He couldn't just turn her away, which was a fault of his. Huffing out a sigh, he looked the female up and down. "Then I shall not turn you down. I do however, have a few things to tell you. You will not be allowed to be a fighter in my pack, because I do not trust you to fight by Mirabelle's side if the time comes. You may be a healer or a messenger, up to you. Your guard will be Motif, and you are not to leave the territory unless she is by your side, even if you are running a message to another pack, understand?" Bass allowed his teeth to show as he showed his authority over her, standing up as tall as he could as his tail curled over his rump.

His golden eyes narrowed and shot over to Mira, he knew that she probably wasn't happy about this. He would need to talk to her later though. Moving his gaze back to Vendetta, his brow rose as he snapped his jaws, awaiting her answer. She needed to step off whatever pedestal she was on and get down with business, because he wasn't going to put up with someone trying to challenge his ruling. Not at all.

speech

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-21-2014, 08:34 AM
A dark smile slipped onto her muzzle as he conceded to her request and it didn't fade as he listed his conditions. They were fair enough, she wasn't really a battling person anyway. She did her work in secret and messenger was perfect for it. She dipped her head in a curt nod, showing that she did indeed understand. "This 'Motif,' who is she?" the shewolf then inquired, flicking an ear. If she was to be escorted around the world outside of the territory by her, she wanted to know what she was like. Hopefully she wasn't too annoying, she wouldn't want to have to accidentally knock her off of a cliff.

[ low muse
kea said to reply and then she would ;u; ]

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-21-2014, 07:33 PM

Oh, Mira was not happy at all. Of course, not happy being a severe understatement. If she could, she would whack Bass upside the head for such stupidity.. but no, she had to listen. Whether she liked it or not. Ohh, that was going to be a problem. As it was, she bit down on her tongue, meeting her alpha's gaze for a split moment as he glanced at her. She would control herself. For now. She was relieved, though, that Bass put strict restrictions on her; Mira felt comforted that it was Motif guarding this vixen.. and that she was to be guarded at all times. The red woman's tail twitched up, slightly lower than Bass's was but still a position of dominance. Not that Vendetta even acknowledged Bass's stance of dominance. Or answered his question. Rather, she asked her own question. In a rather emotionless and clipped voice, Mira decided to answer. "Motif is the highest ranked wolf below Bass. She is the best fighter in the pack. If it's personality you are after, though, find out for yourself." Mirabelle was sure Motif would gladly oblige.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-23-2014, 12:19 AM

He let Mirabelle do all the talking for him, he needed to speak with her right away. Huffing at Vendetta, he stepped forward and brushed his coat along hers, rubbing the pack scent off on her. "If I ever find you breaking the rules, I will personally see to it that you obey. Hurt one of our members, and you're done. You damn well better show up for the Pera training as well." He hissed in her ear, knowing that she wasn't listening to anything else. But oh how he would be watching her. "Motif will come and collect you soon, until then, stay with in the pack boundaries. And stay away from Mirabelle." He warned one last time before marching away, his whole body held high as he left the area. All he wanted right now was his den, he would call Mirabelle to him later. Right now he just needed to think.

-exit Bass unless stopped-

Walk "Talk" Think

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-24-2014, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 07:27 AM by Vendetta.)
Hmm, seemed promising. She wondered if she ought to feel honored to have such a high-ranking female pinned on her, or intimidated? Ahh, well, she felt neither. She didn't flinch as Bass approached her, speaking rather venomously into her ear. His guidelines were understandable enough, actually somewhat cute. He thought that simple words could deter her? Words were just words, tools to be used and abused. Every word out of her mouth couldn't be trusted, everything holding a secret meaning or message. That was how she was, a walking, breathing puzzle. No one could get in her head and understand who she was, what she was, unless she let them.

She would wait until he withdrew before allowing a sly smile to creep onto her muzzle. "Of course," she replied, lifting a paw to wave it at him as he left. Ooh this would be fun. After a few moment's silence, she turned to Mirabelle, amber gaze studying her once again. "Well, Mira, it's just you and me now. How've you been? Your daddy misses you." Her tone was simply sweet, no clues about her true meaning or feelings hidden in it. No matter how hard she listened, she couldn't get a thing from her.
Not a thing.