Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
03-15-2019, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 02:00 PM by Leonce.)

Leonce had his eye on the prize, there was a rabbit jumping around and he wanted it. Muscles tensed at the ready he prepared to unleash his jaws on the poor rodent. The boy took off running at the rabbit before something slowed him down. Being easily distracted he had let a scent besides the rabbits' sneak into his nostrils. He stood there focusing on the different scent, it was a pack! Leonce furrowed his brow in thought, he remembered that he had come down to the east for a certain reason but that specific reason eluded him.

Leonce's long term memory wasn't one of the best, anything longer than a couple of weeks and all he could recall was vague ideas. Figuring that the pack was as good a place as any to start asking about why he was here he let out a bark hoping that somebody would hear and answer it.

Leonce Ferret action

Leonce has a ferret companion that is in all his threads unless otherwise stated

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
03-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Rhyme took the early morning patrol with Solitude, he almost never had both ravens with him these days. Their chicks were demanding, thankfully the pack had not been short on food. Their hunting force was impressive, filled with experienced harvesters. His raven companions had little want for food, and he thought there would be some fledging soon.

The thought made him smile, but his attention was caught by the sound of Solitude’s voice. He was soaring high above his head, and his keen eyes were quick to pick up the stranger on the border. Rhyme heard the outsider right after the raven’s warning call.

Of course the alpha was curious, and loped easily in the same direction he had been going anyway.

A black and white man waited for him, standing almost a foot shorter than himself. He didn’t have a warrior’s stance, and was that… a weasel on his back? Solitude landed on his back as he closed the distance remaining between himself and the newcomer.

”Greetings, stranger. Good morning, what business have you with Abaven?”

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
03-15-2019, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 08:53 PM by Leonce.)

Leonce's call was answered rather quickly by a wolf reasonably taller than himself. He had come to expect this from the wolves of this land, tall genes must run rampant through the area. The male greeted him and inquired as to his business with the pack. The packs name was Abaven, Abaven the name rung a bell but he still wasn't sure as to why he had come seeking them out.

Coming out of his apparent confusion he answered the man "Hi! My name's Leonce, i'm here for some reason...i remember the name Abaven, and something about learning. I think somebody sent me down here."

The Ferret on his back hadn't been paying much attention to the situation, he was just there for moral support and protection. He knew how mindless this wolf could be, however he hadn't been with him for that long so when it came to remembering things he was no help here.

Leonce Colin action

Leonce has a ferret companion that is in all his threads unless otherwise stated

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-15-2019, 09:07 PM
For a long moment the stranger stood with a confused look on his face. Rhyme watched curiously, but patiently. Having kids helped to develop that particular skill. All of a sudden he seemed to come to, th eclarity returned to his gaze and he cheerfully explained himself. Well, kind of. He got a name, and something about learning. Not a lot of information to go by.

Rhyme lowered his head in a greeting nod before speaking again. ”Rhyme.” He felt the sting of pain in his heart again, he was still getting used to that hole. ”I’m not aware of having sent for anyone, but it's possible my Alpha partner, Shaye did.” He looked Leonce over once more, not noticing any familiar scents. Solitude flapped his wings impatiently at Rhyme’s shoulders. ”Do you remember where you came from?” He’d said ‘down here’ had he come from the north?

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
03-15-2019, 09:23 PM

Shaye, Leonce searched through his memories and the name didn't raise any flags. The question of if he remembered where he came from was one that he did know the answer to. He had come from the north, he remembered the cold and the whiteness of it all. White, white, white! The wolf he had met was white! Perhaps this was useful to the conversation.

"I came from the north, also the wolf I met was white! He talked about your pack and some kind of lesson." The wolf would continue talking out loud in the hopes that hearing his thought process out loud would help jog his memory. "What was it...healing, healing lessons! He was talking about healing lessons and said that Abaven did those sometimes!"

Leonce Colin action

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-15-2019, 09:30 PM
The shorter man reminded him more and more of one of his pups. He seemed sporadic in his thoughts, Rhyme almost wondered how he was keeping so still. His dark ears perked forward as his own friendly smile finally came through. Solitude was not as patient as the alpha, and with no warning leapt for the sky once more. Rhyme barely flinched as the raven took to the sun stained sky. The sun had almost made it fully above the horizon.

North and white. He thought for a moment, there was Acere that could have pointed him in this direction. They did indeed offer healing lessons. They were just as talented as the hunters of Abaven. ”Was his name, Acere?” He asked curiously. ”Are you a healer in training?” Rhyme continued with another question, though he wondered if he’d trust the man to be his own doctor.

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
03-15-2019, 10:18 PM

As Rhyme smiled Leonce would smile back, he listened and his ears perked at the name Acere. That was the guys name, of course! Majority of the interaction he had with Acere had come back to him by now. He wanted to scout out the pack to see if he could join it but still continue exploring.

With his memory of the event back he was able to continue as a seemingly normal wolf. "Yes, it was Acere, and I want to learn heal since nature's really interesting. I remember what I came here for too, do you allow wolves to be in your pack and still explore?"

Leonce Colin action

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-16-2019, 07:35 AM
Leonce definitely had a child like quality about him, and that fact alone helped Rhyme to relax around him. He didn't feel any kind of threat emanating from him, and he held an innocence not often found in adults. The black and white brute seemed to perk at Acere's name, and was quick to affirm his suspicions.

He did want to learn about healing as well, though the next question was a little more direct. Could he continue his explorations as a pack wolf? Rhyme nodded in affirmation. "Indeed." He answered simply as his haunches lowered to the ground. "Abaven has a specific rank for our more adventurous wolves." if he remembered correctly Caelestis had occupied said rank.

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
03-16-2019, 10:07 PM

The Alpha's affirmation that Leonce could still explore while being a pack wolf gave Leonce an idea. It would be nice to have a place to come back to now and again between adventures, it would also give him an opportunity to meet more wolves and possibly learn. The idea of being a part of a pack seemed rather appealing and so far his encounter with Rhyme had been rather civil. He hoped that this reflected on the other members of the pack.

With this idea in his head Leonce started on the path to make it a reality. He opened his mouth to start a reply to Rhymes' words. "Is it possible that I could join Abaven?" Suddenly remembering the presence of the ferret on his back he tried looking at Colin although unsuccessfully being that looking at ones' back is rather hard or impossible. "Sorry, that we could join Abaven?"

Leonce Colin action

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Rhyme quietly observed the young man as his thoughts began to really take shape. The alpha hadn’t quite expected the conversation to be steered in this direction, but here they were. Leonce seemed an honest wolf, and Rhyme couldn’t find any reason to deny him.

The black and white man would be the first wolf Rhyme had accepted on his own into Abaven. He was the second, and especially recently, wanted to run decisions by Shaye before he did anything. The man still didn’t trust himself, and though his outward confidence was returning he had little faith in himself.

”You’re both welcome in Abaven.” He answered, eyeing the little ferret again. ”I’ll give you the temporary rank of Sappling for now. We will have a conversation with Shaye, the lead alpha, to determine if you’ll be assigned a mentor, or added to the skilled ranks.” Rhyme told the man, as he wondered if he should call for Shaye or show him around Abaven first. ”I’ll give you a quick tour, and we can meet up with her over a meal afterwards.”