Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
03-27-2019, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 02:01 AM by Aurielle.)
Aurielle Adravendi

With Spring underway and the changes truly begun on her pack, the Spirit made her way out, solo, to see what she could find for prey, and perhaps make notes to bring back to Laisren. She’d chosen to leave her companions at home, a decision she would end up regretting.

She’d ventured north, following the coastline once she reached it, around until she came across a cove filled with soft sand. It was a lovely place, though even with Spring’s warmth seeping into the lands, the place still felt slightly chill.

That wasn’t what harnessed her attention, however. A great dark shape law slumped over the beach, half in and half out of the water, waves hushing up and down the sandy shoreline. It was clearly dead, with carrion birds swarming it.

The thing was massive. She’d never seen such a beast in her life, and she was held awestruck by its majesty. Surely it wasn’t a land creature. Circling it carefully, she observed the great flippers, the elongated body and what she thought might be the mouth, fallen open in death to reveal the strangest teeth she’d ever seen on a beast.

What she didn’t know was that the whale had been minding her own business, thinking he was safe in the cove. Alas, something had happened. An unexplainable surge of sea that sent him up onto the sand to die, beached like a helpless calf.

Eventually, his own great weight and tiring struggles had weakened him to the point that he could not escape the sand, especially as the water-level had fallen. He would never know what had happened. An offshore undersea earthquake, perhaps.

Now his carcass would feed the creatures of the land, or Aurielle’s entire pack for years if she could get all the meat packed home and preserved... She grinned to herself, thinking that this would definitely be a pack effort. With all the pack old enough to pitch in, she hoped it would be possible to cache the meat and supply.

She paused, though, head swiveling toward the north, a smile twitching onto her features. Perhaps it would be best not to hog all the bounty here on the beach.

The shimmering Spirit threw back her head and howled, long and loud for the pack of Fyri. It was an invitation, a call to food. It also caught the unwanted attention of a mother bear.

The mama had been hot on the scent of a carcass and lots of rich blubber, and her two cubs tumbled and scuffled along behind her, clinging to her rump. Mama bear was a bit cranky, having been woken up early by her cubs, and… okay, she snapped a bit at the howl, so close to her cubs and so close to the food she’d just come around the corner to find.

Aurielle whirled on her haunches in surprise at the huffing, angry growl of a bear she hadn’t realized was close by. The sow was already barreling forward and she saw the cubs racing for cover as their mama went into a rage.

The Spirit was at a disadvantage, with her white form highlighted against the black hulk of dead whale behind her, and though the bear was nearsighted, even a fuzzy target is a visible target. The charge shocked the young woman, and she backpedaled, sand spraying in all directions as the bear barreled toward her at full pelt.

Her haunches smacked into the dark, strange hide of the whale behind her, which meant her white coat stood out like a beacon to even the nearsighted bear, and it veered for her, locking fully onto her location. As it closed in, huffing and snarling, she gained a grip on her pattering heart and braced herself, crouching to loosen her joints and be ready to spring.

Any other event she would have gladly given ground to the bear and her cubs, but this was an opportunity to feed her pack and further cement bonds between Fyri and Valhalla, and she couldn’t pass it up. Especially since she’d already called for her allies to share in the bounty.

When the bear closed in fully, the wolf leapt forward with a snarl and ducked low, risking her hide to get in under the bear’s guard and twisted her head to slash her canines upward at the beast’s neck, hoping to score a lacerating blow on its throat.

She was only half successful—she got half her slash in, leaving a deep gash in her hide, but the bear had come in faster than expected, and her hit was low. Add to that the heavy paw that clubbed into her side, sending her crashing against the inside of the bear’s other foreleg, and she was wondering if she’d get out of there alive.

She was winded, but still in a position to strike again, and she took full advantage of the opportunity, twisting to snap her jaws at the bear’s throat again. She angled her bite in such a way that she might be able to sink her upper canines into her neck to the hilt and felt mixed emotions of relief and misgivings as she got the bite she wanted.

She was latched to the throat of a black bear, and within easy reach of the beast’s front paws. She was definitely afraid, but she was doggedly holding on. She felt claws sear through her right shoulder, leaving ragged wounds in her hide and painting her shimmering white coat crimson.

She arched her frame, wrenching her head from side to side violently before she was wrenched free by the bear’s front legs. Ripping a chunk from her neck as she went.

The bear was bleeding freely from the throat, and she thought, at first, that she had severed the jugular. Maybe she had. Whatever the answer, the black bear had taken all the hell it could stand for the day, and took off with a painful growl, her cubs in tow, spattering blood on the sand as she retreated to safety and sought out a new source of food.

Aurielle sagged to the sand, leaning against the whale carcass and panting as she regained her breath, eyes closed, but ears still alert. Finally, she turned to drag her tongue over the fresh claw-marks that ripped open her right shoulder. They’d scar, perhaps horrifically, but she’d take scars over being dead, any time.

She felt beyond tired, and seriously bruised and beaten up, but there was a sense of satisfaction at having defended something that would hopefully feed her pack for ages to come. Maybe even longer if this meat dried well.

Slowly, finally, she shook her head, letting out a rough, almost hysterical laugh. She had to admit even to herself, that she seemed to have a knack for pissing off larger predators. That was both shoulders scarred, now… and she just hoped her ribs were only bruised.

Of all the days to go alone somewhere.

Wordcount: 1184

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
03-31-2019, 08:42 PM
Honestly Song hadn’t expected to hear Aurielle’s voice so soon after her visit to their borders. Song felt curious enough when he heard her that he was quick to lift his form and follow. He hadn’t been doing much, a little hunting and a trip around the borders was all he’d managed. This made a good excuse to go out beyond Fyri’s borders.

Ivory paws carried him to the cove, quite a ways from the heart of the pack. When he smelled bear he regretted the fact that he had taken so long to get here. He felt himself speed up as he sought out Aurielle’s shimmering silhouette. He didn’t have time to feel surprised at the worry in his gut. They’d only met twice, but he found himself distressed by the idea of her taking on a bear on her own.

He came up from behind, barely too late to watch the bear disappear into the underbrush. The alpha’s form was slumped against the side of a whale carcass. He would have admired the later were he not so concerned with the former. She looked half beat, and he didn’t miss the tracks in the black sand.

Song raced to her and he found himself calling for a healer instinctively as he ran. He didn’t know if anyone would come. He’d never learned the art his grandmother lived.

”Aurielle?” He asked with concern as he slowed when he was close enough. ”Are you.. Can I.. I think there’s a healer on the way?” He could have helped fight the bear, but having to clean up afterwards was beyond his scope. He couldn’t just stand and watch her die here though.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

03-31-2019, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2019, 09:17 PM by Aurielle.)
Aurielle Adravendi

A familiar male voice howled for a healer over the sound of large paws racing over sand, and the Spirit’s eyes flickered open again to see Song looking alarmed. Her eyes were clear and alert, if pain-filled, and through his stuttering she smiled easily, and ruefully. A soft chuckle escaped as she commented, “Did I mention this continent could be challenging?”

Overall, aside from looking half beat, her face and front were bathed in bear’s blood.

To answer him, she shifted to sit a little straighter, tipping her had to better examine her shoulder and she stated gently, soothing with her tone as if he were the injured wolf, “I’m alright. She hit my shoulder-blade, I think, so, no vitals slashed. My ribs are at the very least bruised, but it doesn’t hurt too badly to take a deep breath. You’re already helping—company of a friend is highly appreciated.”

This last she added with a wider smile. Adrenalin, she knew, was dampening most of the pain, but she was pretty sure by now that there was no serious damage to her ribs. Just bad bruising.

She tipped her head back toward the hulking carcass behind her and said, “I thought Fyri might like to share in my find. I was going to claim it all for my pack, but why hog it all?” Her tones were conversational, but slightly strained whenever she shifted her shoulder too much. But the whole point of keeping up a conversation was that it provided distraction from the pain she was already experiencing that would only get worse until she'd had a dose of pain-killing herbs.

“Paladin is going to give me one hell of a scolding when he sees this shoulder…” This was voiced in a low grumble as she studied the shoulder again, though the side of her mind that had grown up watching him mix herbs and poultices, salves and tinctures wondered if it might be possible to have one of the primates suture the gashes shut. She rather thought that if she’d been born the second child, she’d have enjoyed being a healer…

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
04-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Song felt a relief splash over him at Aurielle's chuckle, but he didnt know if she were amused or delusional. He tried to offer a smile of his own but it didn't come out quite right. Song was still a little shaken at seeing her covered in blood and assuming the worst. He heaved a sigh of relief as she sat up, offering verbal confirmation that she was going to make it through her ordeal.

"Of course," he offered back as she thanked him for his presence. Song managed a recognizable smile after, recovering from the surprise as she gestured towards the carcass. "I cant speak for Ignatius but I thank you for thinking of Fyri." He smiled, perplexed at how they might harvest such a find efficiently.

"Do you deserve the scolding?" He asked as he lowered his haunches to the ground, peering at her wound. It seemed she was mostly covered in another's blood.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

04-28-2019, 09:14 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

A glimmer of sympathetic amusement flickered in the Spirit’s eyes as Song tried to smile but couldn’t quite manage it. She had little doubt she looked a frightful mess with blood caking in her fur. Her muzzle dipped in a nod at his words, eyes flicking back to the giant carcass again before his question brought a rough laugh from her throat.

“I suppose so. I could have run from the bear, but… the opportunity to feed my pack and even my allies was too great… And I was here, first.” That last came with a grin, before her eyes turned to the gashes on her shoulder.

She dragged her tongue over the ones she could reach best as she mused, “He’ll be conflicted, most likely. On the one paw, one of his family has been wounded, and his leader at that. On the other paw, this is a chance for him to try suturing and pain relief methods, and he always enjoys finding ingenious ways to heal others. Having his monkey and lemur companions has opened his horizons vastly.”

A throb overcame the fading adrenalin and she paused, then took a careful breath and chuckled, “I will admit this is beginning to ache now that I’m not trying to fight off an irrationally angry mother bear, and I’ll be glad to see what kind of pain relief he has. I’ve little doubt that mother bear would probably love a whole bushel of poppy seeds… I got her throat. Not sure if I hit the jugular. Since this is closer to Fyri than Valhalla, I think your pack may want to keep an eye open for a wounded bear. Or a dead one. Their pelts should make good den liners, especially in the north.”

She let herself sink to the sand, figuring that now that Song was reassured of her being alive and lucid, she had little need to sit straight and prim like a Queen. She was among friends, here. Well, one friend. She didn’t need to maintain all her dignity.

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
05-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Aurielle had proven her bravery and then some as Song watched her seem to shrug off her collision with the bear. The Destruction wasn’t quite convinced that she was fully well, but at least she was alert enough. He fretted over her for a moment as she discussed what this Paladin guy would likely do with her. She didn’t show a brave face, and let him know that she was starting to feel it.

Song had no experience with pain killing plants, and other than his presence he could do nothing for her. ”I will certainly be diligent.” he told her as she mentioned being on the lookout for a bear in different stages of life. A wounded bear might be a huge threat, a dead bear could be an asset. He watched her as she sunk down, his ears close to his skull as he resisted the urge to whine. She just looked so beat up.

”Are you sure you’re going to be alright?” He asked again as he debated about pacing. ”Can I get anything for you? Help you back to Fyri to rest before you head back to Valhalla?”

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

05-02-2019, 11:50 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

A gentle nod answered his assurance that he would be diligent in keeping an eye out for the bear, but it seemed that her descent to the sand worried the giant Destruction. His ears had dropped back and she offered a smile.

At his words she tipped her head, considering the problem. Her inclination was to prevent more than carrion birds devouring the massive carcass before the wolves had managed to glean all they could from it, but she had come out alone, without even her companions, so she had no one to send word to Valhalla with about her injury or the boon upon this beach.

However, half the problem solved itself with a growl as a black shape trotted quickly from the opposite direction that the bear and her cubs had fled to. For a moment, the Spirit bristled in surprise, half thinking the bear had circled around and maybe forgotten the fight – did bears have good memories?

But is was a black mountain lion, ridden by a ring-tailed lemur. Aelloshir. A sigh hissed free through her teeth and she relaxed, chuckling to herself. No doubt, she would get an earful from the big cat when they were alone, but for now, only his eyes showed how close he was to giving her a piece of his mind about being alone outside pack lands.

Ayodele leapt from the cat’s back and trotted to the shimmering white wolf’s side, wincing at the sight of the claw marks. ”That’s got to hurt…”

A growl from the cat.

Aurielle tipped her head to Song and gave him a rueful grin as she said, “That solves one problem—I have someone to send to Valhalla about this carcass and my bearhug.”