size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Serene
03-27-2019, 09:30 PM

Sphinx Beaufort

Spring, the season of new life, of new beginnings. The sun would begin to extend it's stay in the sky, bringing with it more warmth and nutrients for the plants and animals alike. Snow had melted away, giving the grass underneath vital hydration and the chance to grow under the sun. Growing greens meant more available food for the plant eaters, who would no doubt have dozens of offspring to feed now. Not only them, but many of the hunters would bring forth their next generation as well, and the circle of life would forever continue to go around. Besides the logical aspects of spring, the reality was this season was by far the most spectacular, as was evident in the grove of trees Sphinx currently glided through. Rows and rows of breathtaking trees with vibrant pink and purple hued flowers covering every inch of their branches and stems. It was a sight most astonishing and it warranted an extended investigation from the wandering woman.

The variety of trees was very poor, which lead Sphinx to believe this entire grove could probably be traced back to a single tree. Why? She could imagine a few different scenarios but as she turned over the soil under her paw and saw the rich color of it, she could only assume this land was fertile and would grow anything placed in it. It would be a perfect sight for healers to grow their own medicinal gardens, and the fawn priestess was curious if she would stumble upon such a treasure in these woods. Slowly did the woman walk through the nook, careful not to step on any twigs or leaves that might disturb the residences of this place. She was simply here to observe and learn, to investigate and to hope to find some clue as to where Pegasus was.

"Speech"

Medea

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
04-02-2019, 02:29 PM

Medea was content with her choice of denning site. Another herd had moved in which would help keep her fed once the hunger returned to her. She hadn't seen much of others since her run-in with Cloudburst so when she heard the movement of another she stirred from her daydreaming. She rose from the mouth of her den, rising gracefully to her full height. She half expected to find a deer emerging from the underbrush but as she took a breath she realized her visitor was yet another familiar face.

"Sphinx?" She called, taking an instinctual step towards where the scent came from. Then she was following the scent, actively seeking out her sister.

"Speech" Think You

Art by Atillur
[Image: HIxq34g.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Sphinx

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Serene
04-02-2019, 03:15 PM

Sphinx Beaufort

Captivated by the visual stimulus of the nook, it was almost alarming to hear another's voice whisk through the trees. It might not have been so alarming had the sudden voice not sounded so familiar, yet so far away. It was a voice she knew well, something deeply rooted in her past, but was still unsure quite who it was. She paused in her stride, becoming acutely tuned into the sounds around her rather than the sights, trying to pin point the origin of the voice. Then she heard movement behind her, back down the path she came, causing her to turn and look over her shoulder. In an instant, she saw her. "Medea?" She all but gasped, sapphire eyes going wide at the sight of her sister. It was like a dream, surely a hallucination, there had to be something toxic in the trees... right?

Closer and closer her sibling came, with no shimmer or fade to her form, a solid, realistic image moving against the sways of the nook. Excitement flourished in her chest and a giant smile spread across her maw as she turned fully to face Medea. "How can this be? How are you here right now?" The last thing she recalled of her sister, was leaving her behind, in the safety of home, while she searched for Peg. But to see her here, a fellow Beaufort princess in a strange land, it was cause for just as much concern as it was joy. "What about home?" She was concerned now for their people, after all, it was bad enough they had lost their Prince and heir, now they would loose two of their princesses as well.

"Speech"

Medea

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
04-11-2019, 11:43 AM

Medea's smile grew as she approached, Sphinx herself seemed to also be happy to find herself within her sister's presence and Medea would make to close the gap between them and wrap her smaller sister up in her embrace. Sphinx had questions for her and she supposed that made sense. Sphinx had been the next to leave after Pegasus. But then a second question was lobbed her way and Medea had to scoff.  

"You're one to talk." She teased, winking at her sister, her tone playful. "At least I left a message for mom and dad." If any note or anything was left for their parents from her sister Medea had never been exposed to it. "As for the kingdom, they'll survive without me. Or you. Or Pegasus, or any of us and our parents. The Monarchy will hardly crumble without a group of princes and princesses with no claim to the throne." She couldn't keep some of the bitterness from creeping into her voice. Unless their home decided to suddenly change their stance on female heirs they were never going to see so much as a glance of the throne.

Medea shook her head. "Besides, you weren't there. You don't know how oppressive it became after you left. I just- I couldn't be there anymore. I needed to escape. I want to learn who I am without those pitying stares or wolves bending over backward to never let me just handle myself for once."

"Speech" Think You

Art by Atillur
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Sphinx

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Serene
04-30-2019, 11:24 AM

Sphinx Beaufort

Tucking her chin into her sisters embrace, Sphinx felt like for the first time in months she was warm and whole again. Family had always been of strong importance to her; it was the reason she had left to bring Peg home, so that their family could be together once more. But now that Medea was here as well.. perhaps... that wasn't the best plan. Brown tipped ear flattened against her crown hearing her sister scold Sphinx about leaving, about not leaving a note or telling anyone where she was going. Truthfully, she too felt bad about the whole ordeal, but there was no time and there was no way mother would have allowed her to leave if she made her intentions clear. "I hope one day they will forgive me." Her voice soft and tender as she dropped her gaze, memories of home swelling in her mind as she thought of the disappointment on her mother's face.

When Medea spoke of the horrors of home, her eyes would lift again, brows knitting together in confusion as her tale unfolded. Had home truly become so depressed? Was it her fault? "Oh Medea, I'm so sorry I left you there to deal with that all by yourself. It must've been truly awful." Though she could understand her sister's desire for space; Princess or not, females would always be viewed as fragile in their homeland, and only the women would know their true strengths. A soft smile would turn up the corners of her lips as she leaned back to truly look her sister in the eye. "You don't have to explain to me your desires, you know that I will always support you in your decisions, no matter what." In her heart she knew it to be true, Medea was her other half, there was nothing she could do that would tear apart her devotion.

Suddenly a thought popped into Sphinx's head, and her eyes widened as she placed a heavy paw on her sister's shoulder. "Wait, how long have you been here? Have you seen Peg? I still haven't found him and I'm so incredibly worried about him." The heir was her big brother, not only in size but in her heart. He always looked after Medea and her, always protecting and playing with them when they were younger. It was her belief that Ley had a mission for Pegasus; another path for him to follow, but that didn't mean Sphinx couldn't join him or support him! Desperately she searched her sisters ocean blue eyes, looking for any hint of discovery. If she was lucky enough to have found her sister, perhaps Medea would be lucky enough to have found Peg, and at last she could rest easy knowing her brother to be safe and sound.

"Speech"

Medea

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-02-2019, 12:37 PM

Well damn, she hadn't meant to guilt her sister. Medea grimaced slightly but she also couldn't help but bask in the comfort of their embrace. She shook her head. "Somehow I think you're already forgiven." She said softly, she certainly wasn't holding a grudge, but then she'd be a bit of a hypocrite if she was.

Medea shook her head again as Sphinx spoke again. "Sphinx you don't need to apologize to me." She felt the comfort of her sister's support and she knew she didn't regret her decision, as difficult as it had been to make and she was glad all things considered she'd managed to run into her sister. It helped to ease a worry she didn't even know she'd been carrying, though she'd never say it out loud she considered herself a bit of a protector for her smaller sister.

There were some more questions and Medea felt her face flush slightly, a bit embarrassed and guilty about leaving still then. "Uh about two seasons now." She admitted. "I uh- actually ran into him last season... long story." She tried to dodge the story of how they had reunited knowing it'd just add to the worry her sister was feeling. "He had the scent of another group of wolves on him and seemed more than able to go where he wished. I'd assume he was doing alright for himself."

"Speech" Think You

Art by Atillur