ardent

a call to start anew

Umbra

gems
size
build
player
07-07-2014, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014, 02:32 AM by Umbra.)
Emerald eyes scanned the plains, freshly free of snow and teeming with life. Rumor had it that the land was just recently claimed by a brand new pack, led by a kind and gentle Destruction descendant. His mother had told him stories of the Destructions when he was a pup, and he knew they were a family to be honored and revered. A family he would be honored to serve.

So it was not with regret that Umbra reached the border of Abaven tonight, seeking what he thought could be the beginning of a new and better life for him. It could be so great. He could be so great. He knew he had the potential and he was so ready to get his life on track.

Without another thought the bi - colored boy tilted back his maw and released a deep howl, sounding almost as low as a growl yet beautiful enough to provide a much needed bass line to the melody of night's song. He summoned the alpha himself to he border on hat moonlit night in hopes of hope itself.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-07-2014, 02:43 AM

The boy had made his den right by the lake, there was a rather large rock that had been worn away year after year from the ebb and flow of the water. It was a damp den, but he had lined it with moss, and then topped it with grasses to keep it warm. It was almost like a larger rock propped upon two other stones, but it made for a nice den with an amazing view. The lake was still at least a wolf's length away, he assumed that some of the water from the lake had evaporated year after year, causing it to shrink, yet leaving him a lovely den. He was sprawled on top of the rock now, soaking the last bit of warmth from it with his pale coat. His golden gaze took in the reflection of the stars upon the liquid, his heavy eye drooping. He was just about to doze off when a call came for him. Bass groaned, heaving his tired body to his paws and shaking the sleep off of him. All in the life of an alpha, he supposed.

The brown marked man made his way to the border, it wasn't too far off from where he had rested. He was tired though, and in no rush at all to greet the stranger who had messed with his sleep. Was he grumpy? Maybe. More disheveled than anything, his pale coat seemed to stick out every which way as he picked out the equally white male on his borders. A gruff bark sounded from his maw, alerting the brute to his approach, as it was up on his left flank. "Greeting." He called, his crown dipping as he said his hellos. "I am Bass Destruction, what brings you to my borders on his fine night?" He asked, a yawn quickly parting his jaws. Snapping his maw closed afterwards, he offered the male a sleepy grin. He didn't matter too much that he had bothered his slumber, plus he wasn't even really sleeping.

OOC : This is what his den looks like, if you were wondering - Just with a flat roof of course.

speech

Umbra

gems
size
build
player
07-07-2014, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014, 02:56 AM by Umbra.)
Umbra's green eyes would take in the appearance of the alpha with just a bit of surprise. The man was so young, yet looked so weary. It seemed responsibility only came to those who sought it, and this man had ambition. It was impressive.

The alpha arrived shortly to his left side and Umbra found himself turning to face him, dipping his head in respectful greeting. "Hello, my name is Umbra. I've heard wonders if your pack and have come this night to seek my own acceptance among your ranks. I can serve you well, Lord Destruction." He began, allowing his tail to drop in respect for the other man.

"I don't expect to gain your trust on my appearance alone, but I can tell you my strengths! I am a quick thinker, a fast learner, and I love to run fast. My skills in battle are not that of brute strength but more of distracting my enemy and keeping them guessing. I am a hunter, a runner, and I feel as if I can find my place in your pack if so allowed."

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-07-2014, 03:20 AM

The look of surprise did not go unnoticed by the young Azat. He was used to it though, many looked at him this way when he answered their calls. It was not really effecting Bass as much as it had before, he just knew that he needed to work extra hard to prove himself to his members. Bass didn't mind the challenge, he was a Destruction after all. He was impressed by this brutes words though, introducing himself as Umbra. "A pleasure, Umbra. And you flatter me with your words, you're making me blush" He teased, the jester in his still poking out in his sleepy state. Bass easily found himself a seat on the damp grass, looking the newcomer over as he spoke. He did indeed look more like a runner to him than a fighter, but he allowed his members to chose their own ranks to start. He was interested to see what he would think.

"Well then Umbra, from what you have told me and what I have seen myself, Abaven will be pleased to take you in. I have to ranks for you to chose from, two bases for out many tiered pack." He stated, curling his white tail over his similar hued paws. "I have the ranks of guards, the fighters and protector here. Or I have a messenger rank. As the rank name implies, messengers would run things to other packs, often times sticking to the shadows and remaining unseen. They can patrol our borders, as well as check in on our guards who reside in other packs. Which of these do you wish?" Bass asked, his head tilting to the side in question.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Umbra

gems
size
build
player
07-07-2014, 03:34 AM
He would listen to the alpha as he spoke, a light smile meeting his lips at the man's humor. He was happy that the man could find humor in his position. It was a relief. Different colored ears would swivel forward as the alpha described the ranks and welcomed him into the pack.

Emerald eyes would light up and Umbra's smile would widen, happy he had finally made a solid decision for his future. "Thank you so much for accepting me. I would live to learn to be a better fighter, but that is not my walk of life. I will be a messenger if it pleases you."

Thoughts of the future swam about his mind, all of them in this beautiful land teeming with prey and kind hearted wolves. He sent a prayer if thanks to the gods and wondered if his mother was smiling on him. It was a good night to be alive.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-07-2014, 03:48 AM

Bass couldn't help but chuckle at his man, he was so eager and that was something that he quite enjoyed to see in new members. When he spoke of his wish for a rank, he dipped his head and rose to his paws, lighting brushing against the brute to rub a bit of Abaven's scent on him. "Welcome to Abaven Umbra. Your rank for now is Pera, although of you do well you will rise though the ranks with ease. As for the fighting thing, you are still welcome to come and watch the spar training. Intact it is pretty well implied that Pera's, and all the messenger ranks, still come to at least view it. If you ever want to partake, all you must do is ask." Bass stated, backing up from Umbra.

"Ah yes, beware of the snakes in this part of the land. As it is spring, their are quite feisty. We also have a female tiger that has pledged alliance with us, so she may come and go from the territory. Don't he alarmed if her see her." Bass chuckled, remembering just how frightened he had been when the big cat called for his attention. "Feel free to make your den where ever you please. The plains are ours as well as Monument Rapids. My own den is just ny the lake, and you can always howl if you need someone. If I can't make it, someone else will. Now, is there anything else you need to know?" The pale alpha always wanted to make sure that his new members knew that they were welcome, and to make them feel like they had returned home at last.

"Speech"
'thoughts'