size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTrick 2019
04-29-2019, 06:20 PM

The trip to Legion had not been a long one, but the siblings had spent it with weary glances over their shoulders, with stoic eyes and whispered emotions that only they themselves could read. Once they had entered Legion, and the strong scent of strangers had washed over them, they had been taken to a healer.

Rhythm had seen them over, and could find no injuries to their persons, and had a list of herbs that might have taken away their memories. She could prescribe only time to heal them. The frail old wolf had struck a chord inside of him, and he felt that she reminded him of someone. It hurt, that he could not remember who had earned his respect before her.

She was for the moment the only wolf inside Legion, other than his sister and Chaos, that he knew. The siblings were in a state of limbo, guests but not members, their pasts still lost to them. He repaid the kindness of the Alpha by fetching and carrying, and he repaid the kindness of the healer by doing odd jobs for her whenever he had a moment. He hunted for her, and learned a little of herbs simply by being in her old and wise presence.

She was blind, so the lack of emotions on his face did not throw her. She seemed rather apt at reading him by his scent, or the nuances in his tone that he could not completely hide.
“Grandmother” he said with deference, laying a hare near the entrance of her den, the cool stone brushing against his shoulder, through he did not enter. “Do you need aught of me this day?”

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-04-2019, 05:33 PM
The young warrior boy that had been brought to her with his frightened sister had touched her heart. He was sweet, and eagerly brought her food and gave her company. Rhythm would have been lying if she said Rhyme’s condemnation of her hadn’t hurt like anything before. Losing her pups days after they were born, being subject to numerous atrocities she still couldn’t think about, but this. Losing Rhyme hurt the most.

She’d been even quieter than usual, and hadn’t yet sought Valentine back out. Her simple presence was likely enough for him to know where her heart lay, but her.. not avoidance, but lack of presence also likely told him how upset she was. She could have gone to him for comfort, and wished she could, but he had seemed so cold the day he'd let her know his decision. Her heart was in pain, and she didn’t think Valentine would be able to fix her up this time. He’d done well when Bass had banished her, but now..

”Grandmother,” a welcome distraction appeared at the entrance of her den. Lament coming by to make sure she had everything she needed. ”Good morning, Lament.” She didn’t actually know what time of day it was, she hadn’t been outside yet. ”I thought I might ask you to help me harvest a few herbs.” She hated taking him away from tasks that Chaos or Valentine might need him for, however she was grateful for the company.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

05-04-2019, 06:11 PM
The old wolf appeared before him, her frail body showed lines of a long life lived, and there was an elegance to her pose. She was a wolf rich with history, and lessons that he could learn. Her milky white eyes where sightless, and her nose softly sought him as she moved outwards from the den. "Grandmother" he said again, the voice filled with his deep respect, and his paws flowing through the emotions he felt for the Matriarch.

"May I offer you my shoulder?" He asked her, already moving to place his body beside her. They would have stood at equal height it age hadnt robbed her of some of those inches. Instead, his lean, muscled body stood straight and tall, and easily would take on any of the weight she might offer him.

If she agreed to walk this way, he would keep his steps stately and timed as he walked beside her, paw step matched to paw step. "What herbs did you have in mind for today?" He asked her gently, his voice soft and quiet and only for her ears. He was well versed at pitching his voice only to carry to its chosen audiance.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-10-2019, 04:29 PM
The boy greeted her a second time with the honorific as she appeared before him, he managed to get a hint of a smile out of her. He was a chivalrous boy, and she hoped desperately that he and his sister found their memories quickly. ”May I offer you my shoulder?" His words caused her smile to widen a bit as his consideration warmed her chilled heart. ”You’re very sweet, Lament.” She told him as he offered. ”I’m not so frail yet though,” however she would deny his offer. For now she would walk on her own four feet, she hated to think about how soon it would be that she would be forced to accept such an offer. ”What herbs did you have in mind for today?"

She hmm’d softly as she started walking. They’d likely need to head to the Range for what she wanted. ”Anti-inflammatories.” She told him back, just as softly as he spoke to her. ”My arthritis has been flaring up.” Rhythm told him honestly, she wasn’t feeling too bad at the moment. However the night and when she was trying to sleep were much more difficult to deal with. ”Ginger if we can find it, or Rosemary will do if we can’t.” The spicy root was a little more rare than the Rosemary.

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

05-14-2019, 05:44 PM

She refused his help, and he respected the decision, keeping close to the aged woman as they made their way through the territory together. She had her pride, and didn’t want to lean on a young wolf, not just yet, at any rate. The wise old wolf did look good for her age, and her blindness did not seem to slow her down.

She would begin to speak on herbs, and he was surprised to learn that she was after them for herself, not just her stores. It made it doubly important that they find what she was after, and he was determined not to let her down. “Can you describe these herbs to me?” he asked of her as they walked. He wasn’t as familiar with herbs as he was the movements of his fighting stances. There was no doubt what profession he had been training towards before the.. Incident changed things for them.

Curiosity, encouragement his paw murmured as he walked, through of course the older wolf would not be able to see it, and even if she could… none of the wolves here seemed to know this side of their language. She would simply have to hear the emotions in his voice.

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-21-2019, 11:34 AM
Lament didn’t push her as she managed to walk on her own, maybe on the way back but she was fine for now. She didn’t let her smile falter as he followed beside her, their pace likely slower than what he was used to, but he didn’t show it. The young wolf asked her to describe what they sought and she couldn’t help but to ‘hmm’ him again.

”These days I mostly go off smell.” At this point she had been blind more of her life than she had sight. ”Lets see if I remember what they look like. Smell wise though, the ginger root is kind of a sweet spicy. The rosemary is warm and pungent, like lavender without the floral hints.” She described as she tried to remember their appearance. ”Rosemary is a small bush like plant, it has almost evergreen like leaf needles, but they aren’t waxy. I think it has a gray-green color.” She thought for another moment as they continued. ”I don’t think I can remember what the ginger plant looks like.”

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

05-25-2019, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 05:19 PM by Lament.)

The gentle pace was relaxing, and the company was good. He had a great deal of respect for this wolf, and well he was certain she reminded some part of him of a wolf back home, she had a charm to her. He felt he would have sought out her company regardless.

He listened carefully as she described the herbs she sought. He noted down the smells she spoke of in his memory, and would attempt to keep an eye out for something he himself did not know if he had scented before.

“That’s okay, i’m sure well find some examples soon enough, and i’ll keep a nose out for what you described.” his paw tapped out a gentle laugh, and then his head moved about him carefully as he surveyed their surroundings. He had spent little time looking at the greenery on his adventures, and couldn’t remember where herbs were like to grow.

"Speech"|"Ademic"