size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantChristmas 2019
05-01-2019, 03:05 PM

Hymn hadn't managed to find Oria in some time, he'd crossed the scents of his children here and there and he knew where his mothers were now but he couldn't deny the way something felt like it was missing without his wife. It wasn't his first broken heart, just his most recent.

To be honest Hymn wondered if something way maybe wrong with him, that made it so that he chased them away. He tried his best to bury that worry however and the only way he knew how to do that was to wander and discover new things. So it was that he swam out to the biggest island he could spot off the coast, shaking the salty water from his pelt after he drew himself up on the shores. He could smell a decent amount of wolves, newer but no real markings of a border. He frowned and took a moment to rest on the sands, allowing the weariness from his swim to seep out of his limbs.

—  hymn

I gotta whisper
'cause I can't be too loud

I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-04-2019, 08:04 PM
The lynx point she wolf walked boldly over the island’s paths, her dark paws carrying her sure footedly over tree roots and underbrush. She had crested a rise when she spotted the wolf swimming the channel. Raising her brows in curiosity she watched as he made his way to the sandy beach.

She pushed her way through the vegetation carefully, trying to get a better view of him before he made out her brilliant white coat in the dark green of the foliage around her. He had wise blue eyes and charming markings. A pang ran through her heart, the familiar feeling of loneliness. Before Thorne she had never really thought about a partner, there were few she felt attracted to. Now the spirited woman was gone, and Eisleif felt the loss keenly.

Her tall form pushed forward, sooty paws sinking into the sand. She didn’t let her gaze from him. ”What brings you to this place, old man.” Her voice was good natured and teasing. While Eisleif wasn’t a yearling herself anymore, his age was obvious. Not that the Finnvi would ever complain about that, his age only meant he had more stories to tell.

Hymn

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

05-04-2019, 09:04 PM

Maybe he was losing his edge, becoming more complacent in his old age. Maybe he was losing his senses or maybe he was simply too in his head but Hymn didn't notice the approach of a stranger until she pushed her way out into the open. He lifted his gaze to draw in the image of the woman. She was young, well younger than himself at least but certainly not a child. She was a pretty creature, though to be fair Hymn had never really found a wolf he didn't find beautiful in their own ways; still he could tell she would stick out in a crowd for more "average" wolves. She spoke and despite himself Hymn couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't tell me I've finally hit the point of being an old man." He responded, fixing the woman with an amused smile. He knew exactly how old he was, he certainly couldn't be considered young anymore. Her question bounced in his head however and as he mulled on an answer a look of melancholy settled over his face.

"To be honest, I don't know." He glanced out over the way he'd come, briefly searching the shoreline as if he was expecting to see anything, or... anyone. Then he turned his attention back towards the woman, grinning at her again. "Maybe looking for my last adventure."

He allowed that idea to remain in the air for a moment. Then he met the woman's gaze. "May I return the question?"

—  hymn

I gotta whisper

I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Eisleif wasn’t sure but she thought she saw appreciation in his eyes as the stunning blue orbs brushed over her well trained body. She stifled her brow from perking as she made him laugh with her statement. She could appreciate the heartiness of it as he asked her not to tell him he was very much considered an old man. Impressive really, to get to such an advanced age. She couldn’t help but to be immersed in his joy, and her own smile played at her ashen lips.

"To be honest, I don't know." He answered her question honestly as his gaze shifted to the horizon. "Maybe looking for my last adventure." An honorable quest. The band moved often, starting new adventures each time. Soon their real work would begin, and Eis would feel the glory of battle soon enough. A great adventure indeed.

”My band resides on this island for a little while longer.” She wasn’t sure how much information about Hjarrandi she should divulge. That they were here must have been obvious enough. ”Eisleif Finnvi,” She offered her name, ”You are not a wolf of tooth and claw, are you?” He seemed too soft for that, lacking in scars or any evidence he fought much during his long life.

Hymn

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

05-06-2019, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2019, 10:26 PM by Hymn.)

Hymn was thourougly delighted to see his humor transform the woman's face with his humor. She responded to his question and he nodded drawing in the information and pleased to see the answer as to why the island smelt so busy without any marked borders was easily discovered. "Hymn Destruction." Hymn said offering his own name in turn.

Her second question gave the man pause and Hymn ran his gaze over the woman again, noting way her frame told of her power. By comparison his own bulk had likely diminished some as he'd aged and while he'd never really slipped out of shape he had never been one to hone his fighting skills. Maybe because his blurry memories of his father told him he was built more in line with him or maybe because of his mothers' pacifists natures. Finally he shook his head chuckling again.

While I won't deny it's probably a skill that could have come in handy during my adventures I've always been more tempted to try and avoid harming anyone... especially myself." He winked at her, throwing in the light humor at the end. "Though I must say now that I am face to face with such an impressive warrioress I can't help but wish I'd been a bit more adventerous in that nature." He didn't change his expression from his easy smile but he was almost surprised how his flirtations once more came back to him, as if by second nature. It had been so long since he'd ever spoke like this with anyone but his wife. Apparently old habits died hard.

—  hymn

I gotta whisper

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Eisleif watched him as he offered his name and paused for just a moment. With a surname like that she almost expected him to tell her that she was wrong and he was just good enough no one had ever touched him. An amusing thought, but as he continued he would prove the possibility false. She was a little disappointed to hear him say that he didn’t have much desire to harm anyone. Eisleif believed fully it was her right to harvest from those wolves who could not protect their own. The differences in the way they lived their lives was glaringly obvious, and for a moment she debated about chasing him from the island’s presence all together.

His second statement and, though she would never admit it, his charming wink convinced her otherwise. Ah regrets, the older she became the more they popped up. Thorne for example. Eisleif tried to banish the woman from her mind. She had come in suddenly and stolen Eisleif’s heart only to disappear after the Finnvi had thought her captured. It had been the other way around unfortunately. Thoughts of Thorne made her lonely, and maybe that was why she found herself so interested in the pale marked man. He was older, but his spark had obviously not been snuffed out yet.

”You’re a feisty ol’ bastard, aren’t you?” She teased as she took a step closer, having not missed his roving eyes. She couldn’t help but enjoy his attentions despite his advanced age. ”What do you think, want to get the blood pumping a bit?” Her nordic accent shone through. ”Show me what you’re made of, Hymn?”

Hymn

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

06-04-2019, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 11:23 AM by Hymn.)

If only they both knew the lonliness they both shared, the emptiness in their hearts that couldn't be filled by them alone, not anymore. Hymn had simply grown used to that dull ache already; though the hole Oria left was fresher, more prone to bursting open and bleeding out of him. Canticle's mother's hole was scarred and twisted but still rough, still stung if he stretched wrong.

It seemed he'd caught her attention and Hymn couldn't help but chuckle again as she spoke, if only she knew just how much of a bastard he literally was. Eisleif stepped towards him, her eyes flashing and he couldn't help but quirk a brow in intruige. Her rich tones wove their way towards him and Hymn considered for a moment. He wasn't sure if he should take the challenge personally, but in truth he was more than a little drawn towards the woman and her interest in him. He decided he liked her.

Hymn groaned as he rose to his paws, stretching old tired limbs, hearing them pop and feeling the lethargy of his age slow him down. "I make no promises I'll be any good." He warned, his tone light. He eyed the woman up and down again, feeling a wave of respect wash over him. The woman was clearly a trained warrior and he felt more like a schlub than he ever had in his life.

Hymn felt his hackles raise, narrowing his eyes as he measured up the distance between them, much much closer than they had been when they'd first bumped into each other. His tail flew out behind him, his knees bending. In truth Hymn did not want to hurt the woman but he also relished her giving him a chance, a challenge to get his old blood pumping. Hymn lunged forwards then, his jaws stretching open to try and grab at her throat, stooping so he aimed his jaws at the spot on her neck just at the base of her jaw.

""

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-04-2019, 11:48 AM
She felt a tingling excitement rise up within her as she teased the older man, egging him on to a spar. Eisleif wasn’t sure yet if she would hold back her blows or go all out. Possibly causing permanent damage wasn’t out of the question, but if she was honest with herself she would feel bad about hurting Hymn even if he was putting in all of his effort. "I make no promises I'll be any good.” She managed a chuckle as he said it, ”I’m sure we can teach on old dog a new trick or two.” Eisleif teased, falling into an easy banter with him.

He offered up a few defenses as he prepared himself, they were already close and Eis figured there would be a lot of grappling between the two. Her own silvery hackles raised as he evened her stance and narrowed her bright blue gaze. Then, with more speed than she had expected for the old timer, he was on her.

Eisleif tried to backpedal but there was only a few feet between them and Hymn was on her. She felt his teeth land at the loose skin at her neck and she reacted. Lifting herself she pushed her chest against his as she attempted to wrap her striped front limbs around his neck and aimed her teeth at a similar place on his own neck that he had grabbed. He punched through her loose skin but only drew a bit of blood. Eis felt a surge of adrenaline and smiled.

Hymn

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

06-23-2019, 05:20 PM

If he hadn't been about to try his damndest to leave a scratch or two on the white woman he would have chuckled heartily at her teasing comment, instead a brief flash of a lopsided smile graced his features though it would quickly be replaced as the fight started.

A mouth full of fur told him his grip had landed though now without the woman showing him exactly how much more experienced she was, in fighting at least. Instantly the woman was reacting, lifting herself to tower before him, above him. Her weight dropped on top of him, limbs wrapping around him and she pushed in even closer, her jaws grabbing him in a mirror of his own grab. Hymn released his grip and craned his neck, he grunted as he tried to rear up himself, hoping to set Eislief off balance enough to get her off him. His right paw reached out in a desperate arc, trying to reach her underbelly and push her off balance, though he'd take any place he could scratch with dull claws as well.

""

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-25-2019, 05:10 PM
She felt her teeth connect as Hymn tried to lift himself up and throw her off balance. The vikin only wanted to hold on tighter, and as he swiped at her she flexed her abdominal muscles and was barely scratched through her thick fur. She laughed through the fur in her teeth as she released him and attempted to make a two hop retreat. ”Not terrible for your experience level,” she chortled as she tossed her head in amusement and debated about going in for another round. He wasn’t breathing hard yet.

Eisleif made attempt to close the distance between them again, but this time she let herself be a bit more carefree. She aimed to press her chest against his, but this time she was much less aggressive. Her movements became more fluid as the woman aimed to nibble more suggestively at his ears. She didn't have much hope of finding a partner at her older age, but she felt a connection with Hymn that was eager to light.

”You are a feisty one,” Eisleif decided as she took her turn at flirting.

Hymn

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

07-09-2019, 10:09 PM

So he wasn't totally failing... Hymn could tell she had the upper hand in this situation and in truth he'd not be surprised it Eisleif was in total control. He felt her weight lift from him and her grip loosened then let go. Hymn dropped back down into his fore paws heavily.

He wasn't panting or drenched in sweat or anything but Hymn was certain he'd be feeling this one in the morning. He rolled his shoulders and stretched his neck. Well I aim to please. He said lightly, winking and doing his best to hide his already spreading soreness. The snowy woman approached again and Hymn lowered his defenses, easily allowing her to push up against him. She nibbled at his ears and the man allowed a low rumble of pleasure to vibrate from his chest. "I try." He cooed, gently moving his own muzzle to try and nibble gently along her jawline. There was the slightest twinge of guilt in the thought he was so brazenly flirting with a woman who wasn't his wife... but he'd not seen Oria in ages, not caught even a single trace of her... The truth was he just wanted to feel wanted, his past two mates had left him and all he wanted was to feel like maybe it wasn't his fault. He couldn't really be blamed for jumping head first after a younger woman showing interest in him.

—  hymn

I gotta whisper

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-16-2019, 01:13 PM
”Walk with me, it will soothe your muscles a bit.” They’d warm down a little to reduce the stress on his muscles. She invited him as she noticed his stiff movements. He seemed receptive to touch, which furthered her desire for him. Not that she imagined there was much competition, however many he might have loved in his past. She had much to tell about in her six years, there was much more experience in his. Some wolves didn’t live past that four year age difference between them.

She smiled, and closed her eyes blissfully as his teeth brushed against the skin and short fur along her jaw. Eis muttered a similar rumble as she forced her paws to move and stretch after their tiny tussle. Hymn was obviously more than willing to flirt along with her, but did he only wish for a passing fancy or something more permanent. He didn’t have many years left, maybe he wanted a little stability in his last years of life. She would be glad for the commitment.

”Where do you see yourself in the last years of your life, hymn?” She sked softly as she brushed her shoulder against his as they walked.