size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-06-2019, 05:24 PM
Ballad curled in on herself miserably. Thunder rolled in the dark night outside and she found herself whimpering softly. She still didn’t have many memories back, and that brought with it a sickness of her heart. The young Pyre knew she was missing something, but couldn’t remember what and it was making her sick. On top of that she had realized she was dying.

Once the summer started she became incredibly cranky and her body seemed to rebel against her. She felt sick because of her lost memories, but in addition she smelled ridiculous. All she wanted to do was roll around on the ground and mope. While she seemed to crave the attention of others she suppressed the feelings hard. There was something wrong with the way she wanted them.

All of it was overwhelming, and the young girl decided she wasn’t ever going to leave the den she had picked out again. Another flash of lightning startled her as the thunder followed up with a deep and menacing boom. Ballad buried her face deeper in her paws as another whine left her.
Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTrick 2019
05-06-2019, 05:39 PM

Lament Pyre

The young warrior dolled out his time between pack chores, in thanks for the hospitality of their host, running, for the freedom and peace of mind that gave him, and being with his sister. He always had time for her, and made certain to bring her hunting gifts as he did the gentle Grandmother of the pack.

She had started to withdraw into herself, and Lament was uncertain how to help her. He could offer her friendly spars to get their bloody up, but she had turned him down these last few days. She wanted to remain in her den, to lament over what she had lost.

Determined not to let her sink into depression, Lament began to find novelties for her in his run. A feather, who’s brilliant red markings struck him as familiar. A stone, which held a glossy blue sheen and reflected their faces back at them. A charred piece of earth that seemed like it had been in the heart of a great fire.

He collected them all, and made his way into her den so they might share in their wonder, announcing himself with a soft scuff of a paw against the entryway before he slipped inside. He was assaulted by a strong scent, and found himself sneezing moments before he saw her. “Grief. What have you bathed in, sister mine?” he asked her as he settled his gifts down in front of her. Oblivious male that he was, his paw moved through teasing gestures.

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-10-2019, 04:43 PM
The young Ademre barely heard Lament’s polite knock before he slipped into her den. Usually her brother made her smile and forget about everything that was bothering her, but he hadn’t been as effective the last few days. She didn’t mean to be like this towards him, but Ballad couldn’t help herself. ”Grief. What have you bathed in, sister mine?” While the comment was a teasing one Ballad took it very badly.

The fire marked she wolf burst into tears as he teased her. Normally the girl would have told him something along the lines of him smelling, however her emotions were near shot. Tears streamed down her face as she buried it in her paws.

”I don’t know.” She wailed, so uncertain about everything. Another peal of thunder made her jump and she curled into herself tighter. ”Something is wrong, I think I’m dying Lament.” She told him all through her tears, sure that her days on the earth were limited.
Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

05-13-2019, 03:57 PM

Lament Pyre

He blinked in astonishment as his sister suddenly burst into unexpected tears. He stopped in his tracks and stared at her, more than a little rudely as his brain short circuited. What had he done? Was it something he said? The young warrior began to approach her cautiously, like one might come upon an enemy that he had not yet gotten the measure of. His cautious gait was controlled and slow as he approached her.

A bang of thunder startled them both, putting Lament on his toes, and Ballad into a tighter ball as she cried, and then lament was beside her, stuffing his nose into her cheek, trying not to breath in too much of the strange, cloying scent that clung to her.

“Bell?” he whispered gently, cautiously, a nickname he had not even known he had for her, falling from his lips. “Should I call the healer? I’m calling for the healer” he decided, a slight, frightened whine to his tone. If anything could get through his cool, it was fear for his sisters. Er.. sister. His brow tightened, before he wiped any emotion form his face. The lingering taste of something forgotten almost distracted him, before it was gone.

He got to his paws, and so long as Ballad didn’t stop him, he would call out for Rhythm, the only other wolf in Legion that he knew.

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-13-2019, 04:28 PM
As the thunder peeled and assaulted her ears Lament shifted to curl himself around her and nuzzle her cheek comfortingly. She wished the action was more effective as she pushed herself against him and sobbed in his arms. He asked of her curiously as she sobbed before asking if he should call a healer for her, but didn’t wait for an answer as he moved. She whimpered as he let her go, and she tried to protest with a little ‘no’ as he moved to the entrance of the den to call out for Rhythm.

”Lament,” She tried again, but by now it was too late and she had been called. ”You shouldn’t have bothered her..” Her voice was soft and timid as she curled tighter. Hopefully the old healer didn’t even show up, who knew if she was out somewhere. Ballad huffed heavily as she turned away from him and towards the den wall. If she really felt like she was dying she would go and see Rhythm herself, there were some things she didn’t want to talk about in front of her brother.
Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

05-14-2019, 05:37 PM

Lament Pyre

He finished his howl and turned back to her, finding his sister curled into a tight ball, looking helpless and miserable. He moved back to her, and wrapped himself about her body. He held her tight, breathing soft, shallow little breaths. His paw tapped out before her, gentle smile, comfort, compassion as he held her tight. He was letting her know he was there for her, even if she had rebuked him for calling out for help.

She might not want to trouble anyone else, and keep this between them, but her fear had sounded real. He wanted to know she was okay, wanted to ensure someone who might know what was wrong with her, could look her over.

Instead of saying any such thing, he held her tightly, and offered what comfort he could. “You’ve probably caught sick, with the changing season. Perhaps we are accustomed to a different climate” he offered her gently. He wasn’t sure if he believed it, but it might calm some of her fears until Rhythm made her way to them.

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-15-2019, 09:37 AM
She knew her littermate was only trying to help her in her misery and she leaned into his form as he came back over and wrapped her up. She sighed into him as he offered comforting signs for her benefit. Ballad was afraid, but she didn’t want Rhythm out in the storm for one, and she preferred to see the old healer privately for some of the symptoms she was suffering through.

He held her tightly and she appreciated the comforting affection. Ballad buried her features into the ember kissed fur that covered his neck. He mentioned that she might have just caught sick with the change of the season and she nodded, not fully convinced but giving Lament the benefit of the doubt.

”Hopefully you’re right.” She muttered into his pelt. She sighed softly, ”Do you..” She paused, not remembering how many times she had asked this question since they had been found on the battlefield. ”Do you think our memories will return, Lament?”
Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

05-25-2019, 05:28 PM

Lament Pyre

He lay beside her, curling up in her warmth as he offered her what comfort he could. They could hear the storm pounding away on the earth around their den. He could feel a chill near the entrance, that wasn’t completely stopped by the angle of their doorway. He sighed, and gave his sister a comforting nuzzle before climbing to his feet. He grabbed a coyote coat, they had a few, and began to push it into the gap near the entrance in an attempt to block out the wind.

“They will.” he told her in answer to her question. ‘The tree in my minds eye seems more vivid every day. Words and terminology, names, seem to plop into my head at random times. It might be difficult to access, but it’s there, Ballad.” he promised her, grunting a little as he pushed a second coyote coat into the entrance.

"Speech"|"Ademic"