gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-11-2019, 09:16 PM

Rags was still getting used to the place that was, she supposed, "home." Although she didn't appreciate her wet welcome, their lands were actually quite nice. Beyond the pond was a verdant valley absolutely filled with life. Everywhere she looked birds chirped, prey scurried, and everything was green, green, green. It wasn't such a bad life, if the alpha hadn't put a target on her back. Rags was a little frustrated - just because she was a bit clumsy (and willful, she conceded) didn't mean that she should be subject to... whatever a Girvin was.

Since she wasn't allowed to leave the pack lands, she was taking a long, loping stroll around the perimeter, making sure she acquainted herself with the boundaries. Large herbivores were crowding towards the shores of the lake, so she gave the area a wide berth. Rags wasn't a good hunter, and she didn't quite feel up to tussling with the business end of a bison.

How could she prove to the Lirim that she was more than a gutless intruder? Her skills were of the softer side - the poor girl wasn't a fighter, hunter, or healer. Rags ruminated on the problem at home as she ambled along at a slow pace.

"Speech" Think

Lineart by AspenLeSheep, Colored by Lolaf
[Image: eris-sig-gif.gif][Image: theo-sig-gif.gif][Image: idalia-sig-gif.gif][Image: dag-sig-gif.gif][Image: rags-sig-gif-1.gif][Image: luce-sig-gif.gif][Image: calamity-sig-gif.gif]

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-24-2019, 09:58 AM

he was still trying to learn all the names in Lirim. he had to, if he was to practice medicine here. though he had little bedside manners, Holland knew he'd have to be pleasant to them if they hurt themselves. even if he could scold them for a bit, his natural instinct as a healer took over and he'd soon (most likely) click his tongue in sympathy. today was like any other day in the pack so far. he'd finished his den and tried to store as many herbs as possible within the depths. it helped that it was under a willow tree, in the roots, where cool air was plentiful.

walking now around the valley, he'd bend his head to sniff at some withered plants before moving on. some movement would soon catch his eye, spotting a multi-colored wolf in the near distance. she had... an odd smell. half Lirim and half loner? was that even a thing? she didn't seem to be in the pack completely and it took him a bit to realize this was that wolf Lirim had decided to 'claim' and restrict to the territory. Holland heard whispers that she had trespassed and Torin took it upon himself to fix it. the earthen-hued man didn't really give a shit why she was here or what led up to it. she was Lirim, wasn't she?

that counted for something. or so it should. "hey" Holland called over to her, remaining where he was a few paces away. he didn't think she spotted him yet.

holland is not a nice character typically; his views do not reflect my own.

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Valentines 2020Trick 2019
06-24-2019, 11:43 AM
Ever the busybody that she was, Kairi ventured the pack lands as she was on her way out to go do what she did best. Explore the lands beyond the lines and see if anything had changed throughout the course of the season. She was sure it had, but with the weather being all crazy in some places, she wondered what had changed. Or maybe she could find some little knick knacks that had gotten uncovered from the frequent storms. Her tail waved like a banner in the air and her posture was assertive as she bounced along. She had gotten significantly more sure of herself, confident even. Not so much with her fighting skills though...gods knew she needed alot more work with that.

As the babe moved along she spotted a figure out of the corner of her eye and when she turned her attention that way she noticed the woman that had trespassed not too long ago. Kairi had been avoiding her for the simple fact that she wasn't sure how to apologize, but then again...should she even apologize to her? She was the one that trespassed after all, and the warrioress was simply doing her job. She was about to continue on her way until she saw yet another figure, this one more recognizable and somewhat familiar to her.

With a grin, she diverted her path and decided to go and see what the two were up to, or if they weren't up to anything maybe she would just decide to be nosy. She held no ill will towards the woman, but Rags didn't know that now did she? With a grin and a mischievous look, she approached Holland and bounded up alongside him but left a couple feet between them. "Heya Holly, it's okay if I call you that right?" She wasn't if he liked it, but the name sounded fine to her. She glanced to Rags then, her smirk widening, "Hey you, what's up?"

Art

Ragnheiðr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-24-2019, 03:10 PM

Still lost in thought as she explored what was now forcibly her home, it took her a moment to register Holland's greeting. Rags froze and flinched at first, bracing herself to be knocked over again. Was that just how everyone said hello here? After a moment, she realized that no impact was coming, and awkwardly shuffled around to greet him. It was difficult for her to turn her body like that on the fly, but she didn't want to risk anyone else thinking that she was rude and jettisoning her into the next body of water. "Hello..." Rags called uncertainly. She couldn't move her tail independently, but if she could, it would be lifted at half mast in curiosity. Her ears were flopped over they always were, but she had an inquisitive, sharp look in her eye.

When Kairi appeared, Rags promptly sat down in an attempt to look as nonthreatening as possible. Her front paws curled awkwardly over themselves as she shuffled them anxiously. The nerve damage was apparent to both near-strangers, but Rags held her head high and didn't offer any explanation. She'd learned a long time ago that she didn't owe anyone any kind of apology for her own disadvantages, although she was used to others staring. "Hey you," Rags replied, just a hint of sourness to her tone. "Did she tell you all about me?" She added, turning to Holland. "How I'm a barbaric invader and should be punted into bodies of water at any and every opportunity?"

"Speech" Think

[Image: eris-sig-gif.gif][Image: theo-sig-gif.gif][Image: idalia-sig-gif.gif][Image: dag-sig-gif.gif][Image: rags-sig-gif-1.gif][Image: luce-sig-gif.gif][Image: calamity-sig-gif.gif]

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-24-2019, 05:08 PM

the other wolf offered an uncertain greeting back, but Holland kept his distance from her. if he was kept against his will anywhere, he'd want people to respect his space. but it wasn't long until Kairi showed herself again, popping in what he assumed was usual cheerfulness. "don't mind, no" he'd address the alpha's sister for now, turning his head to stare at her. it wasn't like she was the first person to call him that, so he saw little sense in refusing the nickname. the other wolf piped up suddenly, her voice somewhat scornful and a bit peeved as she addressed Kairi.

Holland narrowed his eyes but said nothing until he was addressed formally. Lirim may not want to set out to cause trouble, but if their 'prisoners' talked to them like that... he would have punted her back into the water if there was any nearby. "all I wanted was to say hello" he'd reply, raising a lofty brow. in the sense he felt so attacked right now sorta thing. "though. if you keep talking to her like that, I can find some water. just for you" he grunted "invading aside." he didn't care if the woman had trespassed since nothing had come out of it.

but Kairi was his packmate now, and the sister of their alpha. like it or not, respect had to be given. he shot the black-russet woman a look like did you really punt her into the water?

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

07-09-2019, 07:04 PM

She heard the tone of the other girls voice, and the way she tried to pin all the blame on Kairi for what she'd done. Kairi rolled her eyes and let loose an exasperated sigh. "Then you shouldn't have trespassed," She muttered, glaring at Rags. "though. if you keep talking to her like that, I can find some water. just for you" She snorted and glanced at Holland, catching the questioning look in his eye. "Yeah I knocked you into the water. You trespassed. Dealing with trespassers is my job! What kind of warrior would I be if I didn't do my job, hm? That'd be like Holly here just collecting herbs but not using them, or my brother being an alpha but not leading."

Duh!

She stood and defiantly eyed the other woman. Rags may be bigger than her, but she didn't seem very...coordinated. Or like she was totally capable of fending for herself. It was strange...she had never seen a handicapped wolf before or anyone that had problems. So she wasn't totally aware of Rags' symptoms, just thought maybe she was really, really clumsy. "And for the record, I'd do it again in a heartbeat to anyone else who trespassed."

"Speak"

Art

Ragnheiðr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
07-09-2019, 07:56 PM

Rags sighed. It would do no good to keep up a cold front with her newfound... packmates? Although she was still sore over the way she'd been treated, she supposed that Kairi was right - the other female had just been doing her job. A job that Rags could never do. She gulped and looked nervously from side to side; it wasn't often that she felt this put out. It was time to try and make amends. "I'm sorry," Rags admitted finally. "Could we just start over?" She asked hopefully, although she knew that some things could not be undone.

"I'll start - my name is Ragnheiðr, but all of my friends call me Rags." Not that she had many friends, her name was just a mouthful. Friends would be nice, though, and perhaps this was a good start. Rags hoped that Holland and Kairi would forgive her earlier lapse in judgement. She was already used to being discounted and cast aside due to her physical shortcomings; part of her had hoped Boreas would be a fresh start.

"Speech" Think

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
07-11-2019, 11:00 AM

Holland was silent as the two woman exchanged words. he said his piece and accepted the fact that Kairi would 'do it again' to anyone who trespassed in Lirim territory. he uttered a soft grunt, wishing to next time see the small woman push someone into the water if possible. he could be amused by that. the patched wolf would sigh, wishing to make amends and start over. one of his ears flickered backward but he said nothing to that except introductions.

"fine" the man replied shortly, having no personal reason to hold it against the young woman. he hadn't been here for her trespass and even if she insulted Kairi... well, Kairi could take care of herself. "my name is Holland. Lirim's newest healer." for he didn't know if Torin had accepted more wolves since he came to the pack. all he knew is the pack had a mighty need for them right now, judging by their reaction when he approached them. reclining upon the earth now in the small circle of other wolves, he'd wait for Kairi to accept or deny Ragnheidr's amends.

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

07-22-2019, 11:58 PM

It seemed that the weird woman understood where she was coming from. Or she assumed, anyway. "I'm sorry, could we just start over?" Honestly, Kairi hadn't really expected that considering the new girl seemed determined to make it seem like she was some sort of wolf punting monster, and her surprise was evident for a moment before she thought about it. It didn't take her long to think it over, because truthfully, she didn't have much of a mean bone in her body. She could play the part of being mean, maybe for intimidation tactics or something, but she had never truly been in a position where she ever had to be mean or violent or super ridiculously angry or anything. Unlike her dad. He didn't need a reason to be all grumpy. She had just been trying to do her job to prove to her brother she wasn't just slacking around.

Kairi remained quiet as the woman introduced herself as some name Kairi knew she would butcher, so she would settle for Rags, however odd that name was. Then Holland introduced himself along with his position in the pack, and after he was done, Kairi spoke. Kairi, everyone calls me uh...Kairi, ehe. Or Riri I guess, though my dad's the only one that calls me that so far. I'm a...fighter, I guess." Not that there's any fighting ever happening around here, She grumbled inwardly. Nothing interesting ever happened at their borders to really need her position...except for Rags' intrusion, but she supposed a warrior wasn't really needed for her anyway. "And...yes, I think starting over would be good. You seem nice, so...I'm sorry for knocking you into the water. I guess I got excited, nothing ever happens here to be honest." Oops. Should she have said that to two new members? Oh well. It was out there. They'd find out sooner or later for themselves, anyway. And while she knew it wasn't Torin's fault, she just wished there was more excitement happening around here.

"Speak"

Art

Ragnheiðr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-12-2019, 10:32 AM

She chuckled a little bit at Kairi's attitude, but she appreciated her magnanimity. It was a good idea to start over, especially if she was going to be stuck here for the time being. Friends never hurt anyone. Rags offered them both a cautious smile. She was so used to being tormented for her shortcomings, but the Lirim wolves had at least treated her equitably. That was all she could ask for.

"A healer and a warrior - you make a fine pair for Lirim, then," she said, meaning that the pack was well diversified in their ranks. Of course, it was also the kind of statement that was easily misconstrued. "Well, I suppose I happened, but I'm not very interesting," Rags laughed. "I guess we'll just have to make our own fun then, eh?"

"Speech" Think

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
09-03-2019, 08:51 AM

Holland continued his silence, finding no formal reason to speak to either women as they chattered. Kairi once more remarked nothing ever happened here, but he kept his reservations about that to himself. if nothing happened, it was both good and bad. he'd find no willing patients, making him travel farther to get some but... he could use the break after his long travels. it was a paradox. Rags stated that she happened, causing him to chuckle lightly.

at least she had a good sense of humor. "at least... I can patch you both up" Holland stated, at last, raising a brow "when you get into... trouble." for he didn't doubt both women could get into trouble. especially doing their versions of 'fun'. Kairi had flung headfirst into pushing Rags into the water. Rags had fallen in the water. he could only imagine where the fun started from that encounter. if that was the cardinal colored woman's idea of dealing with trespassers, he didn't want to know what Kairi thought was fun.

well, okay. maybe he was a bit curious.

"SPEECH"