Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-16-2019, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2019, 07:38 PM by Theory.)

The ashes in the thicket settled and her paws had healed enough to venture just outside of the pack lands. If she sat upwind at a certain location near the lake, Theory could still smell smoke. There was still an acridity to the air that just wouldn't seem to leave, like a vague, metallic curtain. Not a day went by that she didn't wish for rain. Maybe water would wash away the smell.

Although Shaye had assured her that there was nothing she could have done to protect her siblings, she was still moping about. If only she had been... what? Faster? Stronger? Theo couldn't put a paw on it, which was almost worse. Without being able to pinpoint her weakness, she was doomed to repeat her past mistakes. All she could do was be better, stronger. Grumbling to herself, Theo completed her second lap of the lake. It twilight, just before the fireflies would be out. Although the weather was pleasant, her mood was still foul. Angrily, Theory batted rocks into the water as she passed. Nothing helped. She was too frustrated, so she focused on putting one paw in front of the other.

"speech" & thought

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
06-17-2019, 04:15 PM
When he did his patrol that day he noticed that Theory had crossed over Abaven’s borders. At first he felt anger rise up in his chest, after everything she was sneaking off? She had no idea the dangers that the border protected from, and worry quickly took over as he followed her to the nearby lake. There had been a little family living here for a while, but he hadn’t seen any of them recently. Had something happened to them? Was it waiting for Theory?

His pace quickened as he continued on her trail, but his blue and lavender eyes fell on her as he approached the water. Rhyme couldn’t help the sigh of relief as he walked up behind his daughter as she frustratedly tossed the stones into the pond.

”Theory,” His voice was soft as he started, but gained a sternness as he got her attention.”You know you shouldn’t be out here without Shaye or myself.”

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

06-17-2019, 05:06 PM
Rhyme's voice made her stop in her tracks. Although she was growing closer to Shaye, she still respected her father, and there was something about his tone that made her feel ashamed. "I can't stand it," Theory confessed, growling under her breath. She was all out of tears and still had the headache to show for it. "It smells like smoke everywhere, I just had to try and... try and breathe some clean air," she whimpered. She folded her ears against her skull and turned back to Rhyme, padding a bit closer.

"I felt so, so powerless. When the fire came, I ran! I left behind my family. I'm a loser. And a coward. A loser-coward," she grumbled, thrashing her tail in frustration. Theory sat and looked up at him - he was still so much larger than her, but she was gaining on him with every day. One day, she hoped she would be as big and strong as Rhyme was. She'd defend Abaven with tooth and claw when she was big enough, and she would never leave her family behind again. "Please. Show me how to be strong."

"speech" & thought

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-18-2019, 09:59 AM
Theory didn’t hide her intentions from him as she explained why it was she had wandered so far. His expression softened as she turned and padded back towards him. She was frustrated, and scared, and he couldn’t blame her for hating the smell of smoke. She was defeated. Rhyme wanted to take her up in a big bear hug and squeeze the problems away, but she was getting older now. His puppy solution was no longer valid to a young lady like herself. His dark lips pulled back into a smile as he offered her a quick nuzzle as she proclaimed her new self inflicted title.

”No child of mine is a loser, or a coward, or even a loser-coward.” He told her factually as he pulled away. ”Your job right now is to stay safe and learn to be a capable adult. It’s my job to keep you and your siblings safe.” And he’d almost failed Poem. ”And to teach you how to do the same one day.” He loved how dutiful Theory was to her siblings, but such a young pup should not have to shoulder so much responsibility. He had a good idea to help her diffuse some of the excess energy though.

”You’re getting pretty big now, and you remember your lessons so far?” He asked as he nuzzled her cheek lovingly, ”Show me how much you’ve learned, why don’t you spar with your old dad?”

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

06-18-2019, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2019, 11:12 AM by Theory.)
Theory leaned in to his touch, longing for a time when she was smaller and could run between his legs. She was invincible there. But she was large, and growing larger. She couldn't fit under there any more, and she wasn't entirely sure she really wanted to. If she was going to grow up to be the kind of diplomat that Abaven deserved, she couldn't go hiding behind her father or anyone else. Theo was determined.

She shuffled her paws and looked down at them. They were still much larger than the rest of her body and spoke to her adult height. Theory would be tall and well built once she grew into her adolescent frame. "I remember some," she conceded. Her life now seemed neatly divided into two parts: Before the fire and After the fire. What little she had learned of fighting before the thicket had been razed to the ground seemed far away and inconsequential. Theo could see where Rhyme was going with this - it would definitely help her work out all of this nervous energy.

"Okay. Let's," she agreed, crouching suddenly. Her head was tucked close to her chest to protect her neck and she tried to keep her center of gravity low so Rhyme wouldn't be able to knock her over. Logically, he had almost everything on her: experience, size, sheer strength. Theory knew if he managed to knock her over, their "spar" would be over in an instant. She tried to forget he was her father. Instead, she pictured the raging fire. From somewhere in the flames, she could have sworn that she heard Poem scream - but that might have just been from the recurring nightmares she'd been experiencing. This wasn't Rhyme. This was some mystery assailant, attacking her sister. The heir had to be protected.

Theory stalked circles around him, trying to use her small size to her advantage. If he didn't mirror her movements, she would sneak up quickly on his right side to aim a bite at his right front leg. If the blow landed, it would be quick and glancing. She didn't know how to pack a punch, and beneath the veneer of her imagination, he was still her father.

Theory vs Rhyme for Spar
Round 1/3

Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Disability: Pup
Fight Skill Level: Beginner

"speech" & thought

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-18-2019, 02:59 PM

He smiled at his daughter’s affections, and that he could accept her getting older and gaining her independence. If she was going to be help to Poem when they were older she needed life experience. His smile widened further when she agreed to spar. There was little chance she could win against him, but Rhyme was going to give her a chance.

He didn’t wear his bracers, and Solitude was not on his shoulder. Imperia would be his only help and she was high in the sky above them. Rhyme’s blue and lavender gaze watched his daughter as she circled around him. He shifted his weight and his form so his chest followed her movements. Eventually she made the decision to attack. Rhyme lifted his leg out of the way of Theory’s reach. Aiming to bring it down on her head with a little ‘thunk’ as he’d attempt to leap behind her. If he landed where intended the slate alpha would aim to grasp her tail into his jaws and give a gentle tug.

Rhyme v Theory for Spar
Round 1 of 3
Size: x-large

Build: medium
Companion 1: Imperia: Flying
Fight Skill Level: Master

""

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

06-18-2019, 04:54 PM
As he tracked her movements, Theory could tell that he was going easy on her. It wasn't fair! That's not how she would grow strong! She knew that his ravens helped him fight, and she also knew that Poem and Noir had found companions from Imperia and Solitude's own brood. It didn't frustrate her like it had frustrated Noir, but in this particular situation, she longed for a companion of her own. Maybe it would have helped her predict Rhyme's movement when tucked his leg out of the way.

Luckily, she hadn't put too much of her weight behind the attack and managed to stay on her paws, although she stumbled a few strides forward. She felt the tap of her father's paw on her head and growled in frustration. They were all gentle warnings, but she knew that if this was a real fight, she'd be grievously injured by now. Or worse. When his teeth made contact with her tail, Theory yipped in surprise and turned a quick circle, trying to rip her tail out of his mouth. If she succeeded, her circle would put her in front of Rhyme again, where she would duck underneath his head to nip at his neck.

In the trees nearby, a branch rustled and a pair of small black eyes watched the wolves as they danced.

Theory vs Rhyme for Spar
Round 2/3

"speech" & thought

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-18-2019, 06:54 PM

Hopefully it would still be another year before Rhyme felt confident enough in Theory’s abilities to take her on full force. She could surprise him though, all of the pups took to their learning with enthusiasm. For now, Theory got small boops and gentle tugs. As she pulled her tail from his grasp, he let go easily so he didn’t hurt her short tail. Her nose was where her tail had been as she darted forward. He hadn’t expected her to do that! Though he had to stifle a laugh as her teeth bit at the thick fur at his neck.

Since he was given such a great vantage point Rhyme aimed to wrap his front legs around her chest and use his weight to force her to the ground. At the same time he’d reach his neck out to try and tickle her knees. He kept himself as serious as possible, but didn’t want to put his teeth to her. If they were forced to the ground it’d be a wrestling match, and that was something he would definitely win.

Rhyme v Theory for Spar
Round 2 of 3

""

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

06-19-2019, 01:08 PM
Even as she lunged to feint a strike at his chest, Theory knew she'd made a mistake. Rhyme could easily use his weight to force her to her back. How could she subvert his expectations? Trying to use her smaller size to her advantage, Theory tried to drop even lower than his reach and wiggle underneath him entirely. If she succeeded, she would scrabble out from between his hind legs and grab his tail triumphantly in her mouth.

Theory was panting harder now, really using her brain alongside her body. From the trees came a hoarse caw of approval as a small, pie-bald raven soared down from the branches. It circled lower than Imperia, but occasionally cast glances upwards, as if checking for approval.

Theory vs Rhyme for Spar
Round 3/3

"speech" & thought

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-19-2019, 04:40 PM

Imperia gave him only a quick alert to the arrival of one of her chicks. Rhyme didn’t have much time to devote to the thought. Theory quickly turned into a squirrel as he tried to wap her in his arms. She lowered herself and wiggled underneath him. Rhyme continued with his tumble, aiming his left shoulder to hit the ground as he made another attempt as wrapping up the girl’s legs. Rhyme flicked his tail out of the way as the rest of his body rolled out behind him. Depending on if he was able to get ahold of her or not he’d aim to pull her closer to his chest and push his muzzle against her snoot for some big bear hugs like he wanted to in the beginning.

Rhyme v Theory for Spar
Round 3 of 3

""

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-19-2019, 07:48 PM

And the winner is...

THEORY
Rhyme must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Theory:  318
Rhyme: 244.22

- Judged by nyx

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

06-19-2019, 08:25 PM
As Rhyme rolled away from her, Theory took the opportunity to turn and pounce upon him. Exhilarating! She was panting hard now, a huge grin on her face. "Gotcha!" Theo exclaimed, out of breath. The pup offered her dad a quick lick before she scrambled off of him. She was sure that he had let her win, but it had worked - she was refreshed, and her mood had vastly improved.

From above them, a piebald raven circled lower and lower before landing on Rhyme's head. "Oh, good show, good show!" She cawed, hopping up and down. Theory turned, a little bit startled. "Thank... you?" The young girl replied, tilting her head one way and then another. "I've been watching you and the others for a little while now, and I like your spunk!" The raven added, fluttering up off of Rhyme's head and coming to land on Theory's shoulder. "I'm Alouette, and I'd like us to become best of friends!" Theo's heart fluttered as she realized that Alouette had chosen her, unlike Noir's raven, who had been bullied into becoming his companion. She smiled shyly and turned to her father. "Would that be okay?"

"speech" & thought

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-23-2019, 07:44 PM
Theo leapt upon him and drove the air from his lungs with a great ‘oomph’ as his daughter exclaimed excitedly. He panted along with her, if only because he couldn’t regain his own breath from her exuberance. ”You did, I give up!” he conceded defeat honestly as she rolled away from him and he managed to get to his paws. Just in time for a raven to land on his face. At first he thought it was Edgar and he was about to get upset with Poem for following them out here before the bird spoke. This was one of the female chicks.

He watched her cross eyed, trying to keep his head tuned bird perch steady for her until she hopped to Theory’s shoulders. Rhyme couldn’t deny how proud he was at the pups as they bonded with his companion’s offspring. They were creating a tradition, and hopefully a legacy. Theory looked to him for reassurance as the bird Alouette chose her. Rhyme nodded encouragingly as Imperia swooped down to land on his shoulder. A place she didn’t often take. ”Of course, congratulations.” He said warmly as he leaned down to nuzzle her cheek. Imperia flapped her wings a bit as she regained her balance at his movement.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

06-23-2019, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 08:58 PM by Theory.)
Theory very shyly looked over her shoulder where Alouette was perched and preening. "It's very nice to meet you, Miss Alouette," she murmured. The bird chittered and bobbed her head. "You can call me Lou," she replied. Theory smiled and nodded, absolutely chuffed to have her own raven. She couldn't wait to show Poem! A picture was slowly forming in her mind of her standing side by side with Poem, ravens perched nearby, one day ruling Abaven together. Theo was practically glowing with happiness - for the first time since Tana had left, she felt like she really belonged here.

"How do Imperia and Solitude help you? What do you guys do together?" She hadn't spent much time with Poem since she'd gotten Edgar, and Theo hated the way that Noir was with Summer. There had to be more than one way to cultivate a bond with her raven - the special kind that Rhyme had with his. What would she have to do to achieve the vision she saw in her head: her and Poem, unstoppable?

"speech" & thought