Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-02-2014, 09:38 PM

The Glaciem Queen wanted to have a chat with the packs she had not yet set up a standing with, but first she wanted to pay a visit to their closest neighbor and ally, and in turn her half sister, Tortuga. She padded toward the border that she had once visited not all that long ago when she had just returned to Glaciem. So, so much had happened since then. She went from Blood to Queen in that time and the whole journey she remembered what Roman had told her. It had become part of her way of life within the pack and she felt like she owed some of her current position to the white woman.

Athena came to a halt just outside of Tortuga's borders. Sister to the alpha or not, she felt it was still necessary to act as anyone approaching another pack should. She lifted her muzzle to call for Roman, her call not urgent nor desperate, merely a friendly call to a dear relative. She settled on her haunches to patiently wait for Roman's arrival, her emerald and ruby gaze scanning the area around her.

Speech
Thought

Roman

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2014, 03:07 AM

She hadn't seen her family since she'd attended the Glaciem meeting. She was anxious at the tension present, but glad to see her family was fairing well. Athena had assumed her roles a Queen, and Roman was proud of the yearling. She had a fair mind, a level head. She would do great, Roman was sure of it. She was surprised when she heard the familiar call of Athena, echo through the forest. As she was already patrolling the borders, she kept up at an easy pace, until she reached the source of the sound. As she sauntered towards the Glaciem Queen she would smile, speaking warmly. "My, My, My, Queen Athena- you look well." She chuckled, her violet eyes dancing with humor as she drew to a halt. "How's life on the other side?" She asked, tilting her head slightly as she spoke.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-09-2014, 05:49 PM

Athena wouldn't be kept waiting long. Roman appeared with a smile on her muzzle, the gesture reflecting on Athena's muzzle as well. "Same to you, Roman," she replied to the complement as she settled easily on her haunches. It was certainly good to see a friendly face again, especially one that wasn't judging her every move. At her sister's questioning Athena playfully rolled her eyes, grinning slightly. "Oh as dramatic as ever. You know as well as I do that there's never a dull moment when our family is concerned."

She chuckled breifly, but sobered up as she went on to say, "I wanted to apologize for the train wreck of a meeting you attended. Their actions were uncalled for. I'm glad it was you that showed up to the meeting and not an alpha from another pack. At least you're family." She smiled gently and thought of the last meeting the two of them had shared in almost this same spot, the meeting that had been her inspiration to seek her father out.

Speech
Thought

Roman

gems
size
build
player
07-17-2014, 08:46 PM

She chuckles at Athena's words, there is so much truth to them. Their family is anything, except boring. She sinks to her own haunches, mirroring her half-sisters movements. "I miss the chaos some times." She admits with a chuckle. Athena moves on with an apology, and Roman shakes her head. "You did perfectly in handling them, Athena. You have no need to apologize to me. I know exactly how they can be." She says with another chuckle. Oh did she know the chaos that was the Armada family. She knew it very well.

Her mind however, is taking a different route with this conversation. "May I ask you of Glaciem's alliances, Athena?" Roman prods into the conversation, her tone casual. She needs to know where her father's pack stands. She waits, ever so patiently for the Queen of Glaciem to reply, and waits to see where her sister treads in the deadly game of politics.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-19-2014, 09:58 PM

Athena couldn't say she wasn't relieved to hear her older sister dismiss her apology. It eased her worries a tad to hear a wolf that she looked up to tell her that she had handled the situation well. The Glaciem Queen gave a soft chuckle as well when Roman mentioned knowing how they can be, happy to have someone that understood how challenging the Armada family could be to deal with at times.

The pale woman moved on, questioning a topic that had been on Athena's brain a lot as of late. Alliances. "Well, Tortuga is the only pack that I would consider a close ally to Glaciem. I spoke with Katja of Ebony not long ago and set up a sort of alliance with them as well. There is a peace treaty with Abaven, though I could see that quickly turning into an alliance as well. Bass and I seemed to see eye to eye on things. There is also a loose peace agreement with Valhalla, though father might have shaken that agreement a bit." Her ear flicked when she thought of Isardis interrupting her and Veruex's conversation with the Valhallen queen, but she nudged the mild annoyance away. She knew he meant well, even though he tended to step on her toes in the process.

"Other than that I guess Glaciem is neutral toward the other packs. No other peace treaties or alliances have been discussed anyway. I was actually on my way out to meet with some of the packs that I hadn't spoken with yet, I just wanted to speak with you first."

Speech
Thought

Roman

gems
size
build
player
07-20-2014, 02:08 AM

Athena moved on, speaking about the alliances that Glaciem held. Roman would listen to her intently, her eyes studying her sisters face. Ebony, was a pack that Tortuga held an alliance with and Abaven. Abaven had surely interested the ivory leader, and Roman found herself interested to hear another treaty had been arranged with the new leader of Valhalla. Hmmm. "I feel the same towards Glaciem. We also hold allies with Ebony, Elysium, and the leader of Abaven, well... he's certainly captured my interests." She ended with chuckle. Her gaze wandered for a second, as her mind danced around her topic. Turning her attention back to Athena, she spoke again. "Have you met the Covari ruler?" She would ask carefully, unaware if this was a friend of Athena's. The last thing she wanted to do was to offend her sister. Roman was less than fond of the russet Queen, to say she loathed her may be stretching it, but with the queen's recent trespass- her feelings were growing far darker.

Greek Speak -- Roman Speak

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-21-2014, 10:32 PM

speech,

Athena was pleased to hear that Tortuga's and and Glaciem's alliances at least somewhat matched up. Isardis questioning of her peace agreement with Valhalla had shaken her faith in her own decisions so it helped to know that Roman had made some of the same decisions. She was curious about the Elysium pack that she mentioned, but Roman pushed on with her own questions before Athena had the chance to ask. Covari's leader was brought up as the next topic, bringing Athena's insatiable curiosity to the surface once more.

"If you're talking about Viridana then yes, we've met, though I haven't spoken to her since she came with the cure for the plague. I did attend her challenge for Valhalla simply to wish her well in bringing down our enemy, but we did not exchange words." Her split-tone gaze grew curious and she tipped her head to the side as she asked her own questions, being just as stratigic with her questions as her sister seemed to be. "If I should visit Covari on my travels to the other packs... Is there something I should know beforehand?"

Roman

gems
size
build
player
07-21-2014, 10:45 PM

Thus far she has remained extremely sound in all of her decisions, nearly arrogant in them. She is right, and she would be damned to be wrong. Athena speaks of Viridiana and a scowl rises to her maw at the mention of the name. She prepares to speak, her eyes serious as she begins. "That epidemic? How did she know the cure that the healers did not even know if she didn't cause it. She poisoned other packs! It was a political move." Roman hisses with anger. "Then she dared trespass blatantly into my forest- I left her with a reminder." Burning, her violet gaze met her sister bi-colored eyes. "She is not worthy of the crowns she so claims. She is a poisoner- a trespasser, litter more than a savage." He temper is settling, but the rage still boils in her belly. Her ears flatten, and she lets out a breath. "Will Glaciem stand with us, if we need them?" She asks hoping that she already can be sure of that answer.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-21-2014, 11:05 PM

speech,

Roman's reaction to the mention of the Covari queen was certainly surprising. Athena was taken aback by the sudden rage and accusations that her pale sister slung, but she did not dispute them. Athena had no evidence to the contrary, though she did not believe it all either. She simply sat quietly and let Roman rant, blinking with surprise and listening as a good student would. It was certainly something to consider for her next run in Viridana. It seemed as though maybe she had judged the red woman incorrectly. It would be interesting how all of this would unfold.

Another question would be posed, one Athena would not even have to consider before she answered. "Of course, Roman. Glaciem and Tortuga are tied together by blood. Nothing comes before family." Putting family above all else was something she lived by and this would be no exception. Of course in her eyes all of Glaciem was her family, whether by blood or not, but Roman and her were sisters, that was not something she would ignore.

Athena took the chance to ask her own questions. "You said Tortuga and Elysium were allies. Can you tell me about them? I'm not familiar with that name."

Roman

gems
size
build
player
07-22-2014, 12:10 AM

As Athena verbally secured their alliance- their almost familial bond between their packs- some of her tensions would ease. Roman would nod once, and speak. "We do whatever we have to do for the family, always" She vows, her eyes glinting with pride. She gives her agreement, to Athena's words- and in that sentence is her own vow. She'll do anything she has to- for the family, it is just who she is. Athena poses another question, this one about Elysium and Roman smiles wickedly. "Do you remember the pale warrior, Artemis? She was once of Glaciem?" She prompts. "She sits at the head of Elysium- it's tyrant. She's a goddess in battle- and a competent leader, though she did usurp one of our blood." She explains, briefly, wondering what else Athena may need to know of them. A tri-fecta alliance could be very beneficial, if Glaicem could come to good terms with Elysium.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-22-2014, 12:51 AM

As Roman spoke of Elysium and its leader she began to put together the pieces. It really only took the mentioning of this Artemis character taking down one of their own for her to confirm in her mind that her thoughts were correct. So Elysium took the place of the pack Arcanum. At first Athena had mixed feelings about the revelation, her logic battling with her dedication to family. What made the decision for her in the end really was her favoritism toward Roman. Of course Sibelle was an Armada and Athena would care for her no matter the case, but Athena respected Roman's opinion too highly to disregard it.

"I'm afraid Artemis and I have yet to meet, but I'll make sure that changes very soon. If she's as capable as you say then I'll be sure to see about forming an alliance between Glaciem and Elysium as well. It's a shame to hear Sibelle no longer holds a throne, but that is simply how things crumble sometimes." Athena smiled slightly and added, "Perhaps I'll go see her now, hm? I was just on my way out after all." With that she stood, padding closer lightly press her nose to Roman's cheek affectionately before turning to leave. "I'll see you again soon, sister," she called back over her shoulder, eager to lay eyes on this Artemis herself.

Speech
Thought
Others

Roman

gems
size
build
player
07-22-2014, 01:36 AM

It seems that Athena would show interest in Elysium, something that pleased Roman. Though she was related to Sibelle, as well and felt some sadness that her sister had passed the crown- she was quite content with the fact that Artemis sat on the throne of Elysium. Athena made to leave, pressing her muzzle against Roman's cheek, a gesture Roman sought to return with a soft nuzzle in goodbye. "Safe travels, Athena." She murmured, before standing and turning away from the border. Her mind heavy with the conversation they had just shared, she padded into the depths of her forest- content to let the trees swallow her ivory form.

-exit roman-