Forget about tomorrow, tomorrow is today

Avalon / Acere

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
06-24-2019, 07:02 PM
Ooc:: Set after a thread with Avalon already started. Liquid time for the win!

---

He was certain of it now… if his old friends were, by some chance, still part of this world they were no longer in Boreas. The man felt badly about having left Avalon just as their bond had started growing into a firm friendship… but he had felt a strong desire just to make sure. Félicien felt badly that he had waited as long as he had to try and check in on them and honestly a bit of guilt ate at him. Avalon seemed to be the last friend the old wolf had… and he would be damned if he lost another without even knowing what happened.

The trek North was taken slowly; he stopped more often for rest and took his time. He wasn’t sure if he’d find her out this way but… hey, he could hope, right? His sense of direction wasn’t as keen as it used to be. Félicien wasn’t going to give up hope that he’d see her again, however.

The man couldn’t deny that he truly enjoyed Avalon’s company… she was a breath of fresh life into his otherwise bland existence. A reminder that there were still things he could do and pass on. He appreciated that touch of optimism.

That morning when Félicien opened his eyes the day seemed a bit darker than the one prior. Overcast, he supposed, considering his sight was failing him more and more by the day. Even the silhouettes were starting to grow darker as shadows threatened to take what little remained of his sight.

He moved carefully throughout much of the morning -- slow going -- but he was making it. At least until he started to go past the stone wall. It was at that point the scent of a pack began wafting into his nose and Féli paused. He was almost positive he could smell Avalon beyond the borders as well… and he could make out Acere’s scent as well.

So this was the pack the other male had mentioned he wanted to create…

….and the pack that Avalon had chosen to settle in.

Félicien still felt iffy about making a decision on joining the pack or not. He had lived his whole life a mercenary, as a man who preferred smaller groups to pack life. But…

He sighed.

Times were changing.

He lifted his head, calling to Avalon.

He had no doubt the alpha would be along as well but… hopefully she got there first.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
07-02-2019, 11:37 PM

She was home. The pines was where she had been born, and where she would die. Despite all the difficulties she faced and wherever life had taken her, she always came back. Fate always brought her back. And even though a pack stood here, she knew that even if Winterfell were to fall, she would remain here to her last dying breath. Nothing would be able to take her away from her one true home. She was certain of it. Here she would live out the remainder of her days with what was left of her family and friends. Acere would make a good leader. Her sons would be in good hands, they'd continue to manage even when she was gone. And her grandkids? She would spend as much time with them as possible before she passed on. And...Felicien?

Head lifted from its place on her forepaws when she heard him. Her heart fluttered momentarily with relief. He had managed to find her after they parted for a short time, and she wondered how his venture turned out. Shakily, she lifted herself to her feet and felt her old bones groan and creak in protest. When she came out of her den, Tan landed lightly on her back and she headed out to the familiar borders of the pines to find Felicien waiting there. "Felicien, I'm glad to see you've returned safely," She approached the old man and gently offered a nuzzle to his cheek. Their friendship had blossomed considerably since reconnecting, and she appreciated every moment of his presence and company.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
09-02-2019, 12:56 AM

Her touch brought comfort… a familiar being in a world that had become a stranger to him. The French man let the slightest smile touch his features. “I had made you a promise, Mademoiselle Avalon… there was no intention of breaking it.” He breathed out slowly. He had told her that he longed to check for any signs of his former friends in the lands where they once resided… but with failing senses could he even really be sure that he had checked properly?

“Intentional or not… I was worried I might break that promise.” The man confessed. “My sight is continuing to fail… Soon enough I’m sure I will no longer see any light.” Felicien shifted slightly, finding himself welcoming the touch to his cheek. She was a good woman… Surely he could swallow his own feelings to be with her now at the very least? At their age… they didn’t have a lot left for the world… with his failing sight being alone would just bring that faster…

He wasn’t afraid of death… but the thought of being alone when he left, cold, possibly starving somewhere because he could no longer hunt for himself properly in the grips of winter was a less than savory thought. And yet…

“Avalon…” The man took a slow breath. “Please… don’t think badly of me…” Guilt racked his heart. “I… I don’t know if I can bring myself to join Winterfell…” His emotions reflected in his voice. “I have never found the idea of packs, of authority, something that sat well with me…” And it hurt him now. How he didn’t just give in, swallowing his pride.

“...I am… at war with myself.” The man explained. “On one paw… my old habits, old ways, scream at me to turn away from here…” The man sighed. “...and then… there is my heart…” His expression softened. He was letting his walls down… just for her. “Fighting for my last and only friend… a woman who has been so kind to me…” He paused.

“It is selfish of me… but… I’d like to ask you wait… just a bit longer.” The man shuffled on his paws. “I will be lingering near Winterfell, less I lose the scent…” The man turned his head towards Avalon, nuzzling her cheek in return.

“For now… please stay with me a while… I… I’ve missed you.”

{{Old thread can be dead now. x'D}}

""