gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-26-2019, 09:40 AM

the stranger that told him to go to the Mangrove didn't go with him, but pointed in the direction that was to travel. Holland arrived a few hours later, keeping his eyes on the ground as he walked and completely ignoring the surroundings in favor of finding plant life. it was nearly night, so the day's sun wasn't very useful until dark. it had taken him a full day to get here from his spot at the Nook. marshmallow... marshmallow... he'd think to himself, full intention on finding it. but he could also smell horsetail. good for binding wounds.

he'd need to collect as much as he could then make the trip to Lirim. then back. maybe he could ask Torin to borrow a wolf to carry twice as much. ugh Holland wrinkled his nose. then he'd have to make conversation with them on the way here. no thanks. hard pass. walking a bit further, he'd stop when he spotted the horsetail. the marshmallow temporary forgotten, he'd bound toward it without hesitation. the whole plant was good to keep, so he'd set to work digging the entire plant out.

so absorbed with his healer's task that he didn't seem to notice his surroundings. even if he claimed to be keeping an eye out for other people.

"SPEECH"

holland is not a nice character typically; his views do not reflect my own.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
06-26-2019, 10:27 AM
The mangrove seemed relatively safe, and if she wanted some water loving herbs before they lest the east they needed to make a detour. Belle allowed Banshee to wander off, they would be close enough she could hear her niece call out if anything happened. The girl was closing in on a year old and Deathbelle was eager to build a sense of self-sufficiency in her niece. Decorated paws moved silently over the huge branches of the mangrove trees as magenta gaze swept her surroundings.

Oddly enough she’d catch sight of movement. For a moment Belle thought it was Banshee but after some observation she was assured it was not. Curious she stalked closer and found him digging at some horsetail. The corner of her lips lifted as she moved closer, as quietly as she could in the canopy above. Belle maneuvered herself directly above the plant he was digging at, and the moment he freed it from the earth Belle stretched out and grabbed hold of the plant with her jaws.

If he didn’t try and grab it back the woman would swing it up into the branches with her and say, ”What a fine gentleman to do the dirty work for a lady.” She still hadn’t decided if she would fight him for it or give it back if he made a fuss. He was easy on the eyes, and Belle would enjoy the interaction either way.

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-26-2019, 10:34 AM

the moment the plant sprung from the earth, it was taken. a dark muzzle had reached over, grasping it and leaving Holland squinting. it was a damn good thing he had given up his barbarian ways of fighting, else this woman would have gotten a smack across the nose. maybe more. his temper was a bit unstifled back then. the product of his people. that's me, I'm a gentleman he thought sourly, fixing his pale gaze on the stranger's form. next time he really should've made an effort to bring someone along. they could've fought the woman for it.

oh well.

"you're welcome to it" he replied despite his burning rage at his work being taken away from him. it wasn't like he owned the plant. even if it was for his pack. it was just one horsetail herb. there was plenty of other ones here. "unless you want everything I dig up, that is." if the woman planned on taking everything, he'd just leave and come back when she wasn't here. Holland wasn't going to fight her over a plant when he took a vow of pacifism. that sorta defeated the purpose of a vow.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-26-2019, 11:35 AM
He squinted up at her and did his best to look quite dissatisfied with her antics despite her own endless amusement. Belle didn’t hold back her grin as he vocally offered the stolen plant to her, and though his words were generous she could feel the spite hidden within. Her smile turned into a grin as she allowed her pearly white teeth to catch the light. He did offer a stipulation however, he wasn’t about to give away everything he dug up.

”Of course not, stranger.” she agreed with him, her vocals sweet as she posed her perfectly proportioned body over the limbs of the tree. ”I am no leech.” she defended herself, even though her stolen product lay beside her. ”I would pick your brain though, I know a few uses for horsetail. However, I wondered if you could bolster that knowledge.”

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-26-2019, 01:10 PM

"my name is Holland" not stranger. he was trying to keep civil, for it seemed she had some muscle tone to her to back up any harshness he threw out. he wasn't a fool, picking fights with other people that had better experience than him. the woman went on to say she would like to hear his knowledge. if he had a big ego, he would have ranted proudly. but he didn't have one, and his tone was more monotone as if reading off of a piece of paper.

"anti-inflammatory. antibacterial. also good for brittle bones, nails and hair. put topically into a salve for burns and wounds" he said all this in a rush as if talking back to back with no pause. which technically he was doing. he'd grunt, moving on. "useful for urinary tract infections, cleaning the bladder... bedwetting in pups. commonly useful for open wounds." Holland also stated, unashamed of going over the uses he did know. the other didn't look very much like a healer, but you never knew these days.

"did I miss anything?" he'd ask her, a raise of his brow.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-26-2019, 01:40 PM
He gave her his name, seemingly almost offended at her use of the word ‘stranger’ still she kept the amused smile playing on her lips. ”The pleasure is mine, Holland. I am Deathbelle Klein.” She gave him her own title with a quick nod of her head and a sweep of her ivory tail. He went on to mention the uses he could remember and Belle watched him with intense purple eyes as he went on. Most of them she recognized, but a couple uses surprised her. Bedwetting pups? Brittle bones? She added the uses to her list, of course she wasn’t sure she could take him at his word and would experiment before replying on untested information.

”No, you sound well versed in the uses of horsetail.” She praised him easily as she caressed the plant that had been stolen from him. ”What else did you have your eye on?” She asked amusedly, wondering if she was better off remaining where she was or on the ground searching for useful plants along side of him.

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-26-2019, 03:13 PM

she seemed amused by him, though Holland couldn't fanthom why. it wasn't like he had said anything amusing. Holland's head would dip to a short yet polite nod at her name, though did not say 'nice to meet you' because well... he rarely did say it anyway. it had nothing to do with how he'd met the woman though. how can you say it was nice to meet someone you barely knew? he saw no logic in it. "marshmallow" instead, he'd focus on what the stranger had told him.

turning from Deathbelle, he'd go and attempt to collect another horsetail plant. they seemed to grow like weeds here. the scent was heavy with them. digging up the plant quickly, the man would curl around this one when it was free to quietly state it was his. if she wanted more, she could do the work herself. by now his paws were filthy but that came with the territory of working with vegetation. all he needed now was some marshmallow. "someone told me. I could find it here." he'd add in once he was done.

Holly wished he had a satchel of some kind to store more herbs in. a few bundles were all he could manage for now. two plants were better than nothing.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-26-2019, 03:57 PM
He was a man of few words, and Belle could respect that. The man dipped his head as she offered her name and answered her question simply. Marshmallow. A plant that she didn’t often seek out. Though she knew it could be used for cough as well as reducing pain and swelling. She watched him as he shifted, careful to shield his next haul so she wouldn’t have a chance to take it for herself. Belle offered him a hurt glance as he did so.

”I believe you were told correctly.” She offered him as she slipped from her branch and joined him on the wet earth. She didn’t approach, not wanting him to get too defensive about his horsetail. ”I thought I saw some blooming a bit of a ways back,” she had seen them closer to the entrance of the mangrove forest, though she was sure it would be growing all over the banks of the water that flooded the trees.

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-26-2019, 04:28 PM

he said nothing as she approached, though made no outward movement either. nothing that sounded alarm from the man. the plant he had gathered was tucked against his stomach, which he adjusted now to carry. "good" he'd reply, his voice muffled. his eyes falling from her face to the ground as he did a quick look around the general area. so that stranger hadn't just been bullshitting him. turns out he could somewhat trust what the people here said. who knew? though he couldn't exactly see the marshmallow around here, he'd take her word for it.

it seemed Deathbelle had the intention to either join him or show him where it was. either way, he'd turn away from her to where she indicated, his pale eyes peering further down. by now, the day had turned to a soft evening. purples and pinks flew across the sky above them. the beginning of stars almost visible. "coming?" he'd mouth around his horsetail plant, extending a formal invitation before marching off himself. if she wasn't going with him, he'd find it himself. he knew what marshmallow looked like. but before he went off completely, he'd turn to the holes he had dug.

without a word to the woman, he'd scrape dirt over them so no wolf sprained their paw because of him. satisfied now, he'd give a glance backward and walk away.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-26-2019, 04:45 PM
As their interaction went on Belle was surprised she had gotten any words from him at all with his one worded answers and rude demeanor. His upbringing was obviously inferior to her royal teachings as a child. She had grown up memorizing defensive battle moves as well as verbal etiquette and manners. Deathbelle nodded at his question, indeed she was. She had a pup to take care of, and needed the marshmallow in case she developed a cough.

As his attention shifted to the holes he’d dug Belle vaulted the branches to return to her acquired horsetail plant. The mere sight of it causing a smile to play on her features as she made motion to follow after her grumpy companion. She strode along the path like branches of the mangroves as he led the way. She squinted her purple gaze as he looked over to her right, seeing flowers that looked quite similar to the marshmallow plant. She motioned towards them. ”I think I’ve found a patch.”

Belle told him as she leapt from her highway and made her way to the flowering plant. She looked back to Holland, obviously awaiting his work to dig out the plants. She still wasn’t about to get her paws dirty.

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-26-2019, 04:58 PM

honestly, the fact he shared so little words with another was a blessing.

Deathbelle may not know it, but Holland only used long-drawn-out wordplay if it was to insult another person. he liked to explain his hurled insults a bit, ravishing the ego more effectively of the one he was planning to put down. though the woman had stolen from him and expected him to do all the damn work, she hadn't attacked him. she hadn't insulted him. there was no reason to be insulting back. in his own way, he was being civil. so to hell with common courtesy; he had been made to give his words carefully. "stand back" he'd ask her as he went over to check the flowers.

he needed the room to work, after all. pale eyes sought the flower, identifying it. yes. it seemed this was indeed marshmallow. his gaze briefly closing, nodding to himself as he tried to find a way to divvy up the plant between them. using one slim paw, he'd separate the bunch and bend the plant delicately like parting a piece of fur. then he set to work, digging around the foliage as carefully as he could so not to damage the roots. when he was done, he'd pull them up by said roots, angling his head to dip into the hole he made. the woman obviously wanted him to do it because she wanted some herself.

and she obviously came with him to see it done. there was no pride to it; she just wanted him to do the dirty work. far be it for her delicate womanly body if she was sprayed with dirt. finishing off by now separating the bunch in two, he'd push one side to her. "I suppose you wanted some too." even if she hadn't said she wanted them, he naturally assumed from her actions.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Holland was indeed quite the gentleman, he asked her to stand back however much it sounded like a command. Deathbelle hesitated for only a moment before lifting herself into the impressive roots of the mangrove trees so she might watch from a safe distance. If they remained here much longer they might catch the famous glowing waters. She would have to find young Banshee so the girl might enjoy the scenery as well.

She watched amusedly, still quite surprised at her ability to get the plants dug without having to work for it herself. The princess had little intention of offering anything other than a quick ‘thanks’ either. Holland soon finished his task and brought his bright blue eyes to her features as he asked if she had indeed wanted some. Belle nodded, satisfied with herself. ”Yes, but only a little. You did most of the work you deserve the bigger share.” While she had been the one to point the grouping out she wasn’t completely without a sense of fairness. Except for that first horsetail plant, she had no regrets about taking that.

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-27-2019, 09:53 AM

he wasn't going to argue that he did do most of the work, if not all of it. but still. she didn't need to hear it if she knew. she probably did know it. she seemed smart enough. "what did you need it for?" Holland asked quietly, wondering if she had a patient or soon-to-be patient. idly, waiting for an answer, he'd put the two herbs together. his share of the marshmallow and the more prominant horsetail, mixing them into a bundle so he could easily carry them.

typically he'd roll them as he did with moss, carrying them under his chin with his head tucked to his chest. but that'd flatten them even more. moss could be soaked. horsetail and marshmallow would be useless if flattened; it'd damage them. it could break the precious amount needed. so he simply was content with gathering them together, making sure he didn't bite too deeply as he went back to Lirim. it was a long trek but he was sure he'd manage.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-27-2019, 03:33 PM
Belle didn’t think he was about to argue with her over taking less than half, he didn’t show it if he were surprised either. The ivory splashed she wolf perked her mismatched ears at his quiet question. She wondered if telling the truth would be advantageous here or not. ”I care for my niece, autumn is nearing and I wish to prepare for colds and coughs.” She decided on honesty as she drew more near again and waited for him to bestow the part she wished to keep for herself and her kin. She tilted her head curiously, ”You smell of a pack.” Starting a statement she looked him over again, ”Which one do call ‘home?” Not that she had spent much time devoting to learning about Boreas’ packs, but it could have potential use later.

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-27-2019, 03:44 PM

so she was caring for her niece. hm, it seemed she was a healer or just a caretaker. either way, she needed the herbs. he wasn't really... great around children. they were messy, noisy and got in the way of his work. unfortunately it came with the territory of being a healer. pups were accident-prone and got into a lot of shit. Holland quickly separated the marshmallow more, nosing Deathbelle's bunch toward her.

"Lirim" he replied "I just joined it; but it isn't home yet" Holland added in, surprised that she could smell the pack on him right now. it must be a faint scent, or so he assumed. maybe she just had a good nose. his eyes left the ground to point wordlessly in the direction of the pack. next him he'd ask Torin definitely for more paws, since he could only carry a meager amount back on his own. "Torin is the leader." but Holland forgot his last name. it didn't really matter, surely.

"you in a pack?" he asked Deathbelle, rising to all fours. it was clear their time was almost at an end. he needed to get the herbs back to Lirim as soon as possible, else the heat would kill them. but he could stand to ask a bit more.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Belle never really held a high opinion of children, however, she had been unable to shirk her duty when she had found her brother’s child. Banshee was very much an important part of her life now, and the thought of having her own brood began to appeal to her with more frequency. The Klein woman took her share of the marshmallow with a polite smile as he answered her question.

Lirim. The name sounded about as familiar as the name Torin, it wasn’t. She looked interested enough to be mistaken for having heard of both of them. Deathbelle understood completely how it didn’t feel like home to him yet. Belle had yet to settle after being forced from their empire. ”No, not yet.” She was unsure if Holland was the man to divulge any of her freshly laid plans. Probably not, so she wouldn’t continue. He would have to assume she meant to join one in the future. She had to admit, living on her own and caring for a pup was hard work, but she knew the effort would be worth the reward.

”Well, Holland it’s been wonderful enjoying your company. However, I have a young one in need of their supper.” She told him as she offered a half bow as she grasped the marshmallow into her jaws. Shifting gracefully she returned to the tall mangrove roots to take her horsetail. Until next time,” Deathbelle offered him a wink, picked up her herbs, and made her way back to Banshee.

-exit belle unless stopped-

Holland

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-27-2019, 04:28 PM

ah, it did seem like it was coming to an end. Deathbelle had few words to share with him but... Holland didn't blame her, wanting to get back to her niece. if the girl was young, they needed to be watched like a hawk. kids got into trouble so easily; it was an amazing skillset. he'd dip his head to her politely as she walked off with the herbs, quietly wishing her the best. "farewell." he called after her as her body was swallowed up by the darkness. he waited until her scent was faded before plucking the herbs up and moving off himself. it'd take a bit to get back to Lirim, but he'd manage the journey alone.

/ EXIT & END