size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
07-01-2019, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2019, 08:15 PM by Deathbelle.)
The Klein woman’s decorated paws carried her into the prairie, her ivory tail waved like a banner behind her as she waded through the tall grass. She was looking to add some instruments to her caches, but they needed some testing before she went on to the next step. She found a couple of bones, from an old bleached bison carcass. She had taken the femur, a huge long bone. Its surface was a ghostly white and the integrity of its structure had long since been compromised. The pores were exaggerated and dark compared to the other bones she’d grabbed. These were smaller shards that had been broken off into sharp pieces. One had a long blade like edge and another was barely a splinter of bone with a sharp tip.

She pawed at her finds contemplating the best way she might find to use them. The femur, the first thing that came to mind was to use the massive bone as a type of splint. Having enough fiber to wrap the thing would be the most difficult part of using the bone. The blade, she hoped to try and use it to shave away fur from injuries more highly likely to get infected and on places with shaggier fur that would easily get into the open wound. It would keep everything cleaner and hopefully less likely to harbor sickness. Belle couldn’t decide on the long and pointed piece however. Her magenta gaze stared hard at the splinter, but her mind wished not to cooperate.

She harrumphed indignantly as she took to her paws again. With her tail flicking at her hips in irritation she walked away from her small pile of bones. She debated for a moment about seeking out a wolf, calling someone, anyone, to her aid here. For a long few moments she paced before finally giving in and howling. Banshee might have appeared, but she hoped there might be another curious enough to heed her call for assistance. She lowered her features and continued her pacing, eyes wide as she searched for her potential… patient victim.

wc:350

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Samara

Avalon
Healer

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Intermediate Healer (40)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Pansexual
07-01-2019, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2019, 08:46 PM by Samara.)

Well now that was a call she couldn't just ignore. It echoed across a large distance and the woman couldn't help the wry smile that stretched across her muzzle. Grabbing some dandelion to help sustain her through the journey Samara started towards her sister. The journey was long and though she moved as fast as her short limbs would allow it would be at least an hour if not more by the time she arrived, not to mention she had to stop at least once to rub her small chache of dandelion on her aching knees.

When she arrived the first thing the woman noticed was her sister's pile of bones and her brows immediatly rose up. "I sincerely hope you haven't been canabalizing the locals." She said, projecting her voice from across the distance. She doubted it, but if so she was going to regret listing her sister as the woman she was in search of. "Hope I'm not too late." She called as she loped the rest of the way towards her sister's bone cache. "And if I am take it up with the gods, they're the ones that chose to impede my mobility."

WC: 196

"Speech" Think

Table Art by xALTUMSILENTIUMx
[Image: X7DSVIv.png]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Belle continued to face, having to call upon her patience as her paws carried her back and forth over the ground. Her magenta gaze saw a herd of buffalo in the distance, but the didn’t seem to move in distress so she knew no wolves came from that direction. She sighed heavily as the minutes wore on, and was beginning to come to the conclusion that she was going to have to play with herself. She grumbled softly as she paced another round and caught sight of a shape coming her direction. Magenta gaze didn’t leave it as it started taking shape. Light brows knit until she realized who it was.

With her gaze widening only slightly and her grin very much more she greeted her sister with an eager nod. She couldn’t help her grin as the woman appeared before her, teasing slightly as she asked about the bones. Belle adopted a dark look as she feigned seriousness. ”You haven't?” She asked as though Samara should have been doing the same this whole time. ”Of course not sister,” she replied so her sister knew Belle wasn’t bothered with her pace. ”Right on time.” Though this hadn’t been the reunion she looked forward to Bell was glad to be in Samara’s presence.

She didn’t hesitate to scoot closer to her small sister as she raised her brows. ”So you’ve answered, are you prepared to play… guinea pig?” She chuckled softly, remembering fondly when they’d done similar as kids just learning their way around the healing art. ”Can you guess what I want to use them for?” She asked with an eager curiosity, eager to show her thoughts to Samara, but also see if she might have a different take and other ideas about the bones.

wc:305

Samara

Avalon
Healer

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Intermediate Healer (40)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Pansexual
07-05-2019, 05:48 PM

Samara stifled a chuckle, chosing instead to furrow her brow in hyperbolic dissapointment and she clicked her tongue. "You know I've always been much better at fattening them up for you all." She teased as she approached. She was glad at least that her sister was still reasonable in regards to her diminished speed, nodding. Though her decent mood was about to be diminished some and Samara openly rolled her eyes as Deathbelle asked if she was ready to act as her sister's test dummy. As if it wasn't bad enough that her sister was the older of the two, her siblings had never been above using their superior height to pressure her when they'd been younger; though that had dropped some since she'd learned how to use her wits effectively. The first time any of them had gotten a mouth full of bitter bile flavor had almost been worth keeping it on her coat for a week... Almost.

Samara sighed, her voice dry, any sign of the nice little mask she'd been putting on lately was quickly lost. "Do I have much choice?" It was a rhetorical question and the woman padded towards her sister's stash, casting her gaze over the various bones she'd gathered. "Well the most obvious idea is as something for a patient to bite down on, but I'd hazard that a collection this extensive wouldn't suit a job even a simple stick is fit for." Samara nosed around some more, shuffling some bones this way and that. A femur caught her eye, and one or two bones with more flattened ends also sparked some ideas in her mind. "Splints." She said simply, unaware her sister had had the same idea but confident it was still too obvious an answer. "You'd have troubles finding ones long enough for talker folk but some of these flatter ones could be used as a type of crutch, provided you had lashings you could use." The woman slid her gaze towards her sister, hoping against hope that she was wrong. "These ones would be perfect for someone of my stature." She hoped she was wrong, after all, there were still more bones she hadn't found a solution for, two particularly wicked ones, they looked sharp enough to kill but that'd defeat the purpose... though the idea that her sister had initially intended to use them as weapons had she not been the one to answer the call did cross her mind.

WC: 411

"Speech" Think

Table Art by xALTUMSILENTIUMx
[Image: X7DSVIv.png]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-07-2019, 03:39 PM
Samara chidled her softly about being one to fatten up their prey instead of consuming. Deathbelle let out an amused Chuckle as her sister made herself as comfortable as possible. Belle knew the task was difficult with the sharp bones laying out before her. ”Don’t be so dramatic.” She giggled as her sister gave in to her desires. Walking closer and offering her opinion on her bones. Belle nodded affirmatively.

”A splint yes,” she started, standing up to look at her sister’s leg and then the bone a couple of times before Samara said it might fit her perfectly. ”Indeed..” The Klein woman said, much too thoughtfully. ”The flat sharp one can be used to shave fur. The smaller one, I wonder if i can use in addition to sterilized cordage, as a way to close wounds.” She offered additionally. ”I guessed you’d prefer to try the splint most out of the three?” Her voice was a question as she quirked a brow and didn’t waste on an answer as she stood the bone up and leaned it against Samara’s side before grabbing her long leather strips.

With care not to make her sister too uncomfortable Deathbelle wrapped the long thins strangs of deer leather around both her leg and the bone. Tying knots wasn’t the easiest thing, so she only tucked the end awkwardly, both because of laziness and ease of removal in the few minutes it would take to try it out. ”There we go!” Belle offered victoriously as she stood back to review her expert crafting.

wc:271