Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
07-08-2019, 07:51 PM
dark mists are cloaking what the eyes can see

Another season turned and Éldi worked his way back to the Hjarrandi base. He'd spent a lot of time wandering and not being terribly productive apart from sharpening his battle skills. They had to delay the raid due to a lack of members when the horned siblings decided to depart. He scowled. Éldi knew he should do more recruiting but it really wasn't his area of expertise. He was a creature of body, not of both body and mind like Valkyrie was. She had a way with words and persuasion that he just didn't.

A roll of thunder rumbled across the sky and he glanced heavenward. Hopefully, the rain would hold off for a bit. He hoped to finish his walk and get back to shelter before Thor knocked the rain from the clouds. Walking helped him think and he knew he was almost onto an idea. He could feel his mind nipping at the edge of a thought and Éldi's mind, while less sharp, was still persistent. Perhaps he could take to touring the local packs, getting a better lay of the land? That might be one way for him to help that was closer to his skill set. He sat down and gazed out at the sea for a moment, watching the waves begin to roil.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-08-2019, 07:59 PM

aside from Dagfinn and Valkyrie, Dutch really didn't know many of the band. that was a shame considering she was a very social creature. so when opportunity knocked, the dwarf would answer accordingly. lifting her head from the beach, she saw another wolf approach the base. she'd been keeping watch and allowing her bruises (and cuts and scratches) from various spars heal. but she didn't sound the alarm. she could easily smell the scent of the Hjarrandi on him. maybe he could smell it on her by now too.

so there was nothing holding her back from talking to the guy, surely? he was just another Viking. "looks like the storm'll break soon" she remarked idly, as she watched him take a seat on the sand. Dutch approached in a way he could easily see her. her face and body language were friendly enough but just in case Valkyrie didn't explain who she was, she'd introduce herself to the guy. "you're with the band, right? I'm Dutch. Valkyrie hired me as a craftswoman."

but only time would tell if more trade and orders flowed in enough to keep her occupied. the dwarf tilted her head slightly, wondering to herself how this new encounter would go. some of the band had accepted here already, but there were those who really thought she was an oddity.

"speak."
dutch speaks with a thick scandinavian accent.

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-11-2019, 08:32 PM

Waves crashed against the rock in a mesmerizing, rolling chaos. He didn't notice the approach of another wolf until Askr's warning call rang out. Listening to his raven, Éldi turned to see an unfamiliar young woman, short but stout. A quick test of the air brought the scent of Hjarrandi and he grinned. "I see Valkyrie is working hard at recruiting. That is why she is the leader." He nodded as he glanced back out at the gathering storm clouds. "Aye, I was hoping to get in a good workout before it breaks loose. Not sure I'll get the chance but then, it wouldn't hurt to train in the rain. We must be prepared to battle in more than fair weather."

"you're with the band, right? I'm Dutch. Valkyrie hired me as a craftswoman."

Éldi nodded and lightly bowed. "Yes, my name is Éldi Rudolfrson. I am a hunter and warrior. What brings you to the shore with such a tempest brewing?"

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-12-2019, 03:57 PM

"well" Dutch pulled a thoughtful face before it broke to a grin. "if we spent less time hiding from the weather, we'd get more done, ja?" so he was looking to work out a bit? couldn't blame him, really. she was utterly bored walking around camp. Valkyrie had big plans with the captives and the more she thought about it, the less she wanted anything to do with them. she was a free woman, and she valued her freedom. she knew someone would be against them holding captives.

especially if the captives had any family or powerful friends. they could come after the Hjarrandi easily. they were such a little group, Dutch was surprised the captives didn't try to escape. she'd roll her shoulders at the man's question. "I guess I'm tired of being cooped up in camp, Eldi" she answered honestly "I'm waiting for my leather to be ready so I can work on some armor and it's taking too damn long. and lo and behold; you provided an outlet. wanna spar?" she asked him bluntly.

he didn't have to but she was ready to go. do something, do anything, to strive the boredom away. a gentle rain began to signal the approaching storm, baring down on the earth at their paws. Dutch would look skyward, chuckling. "no time like the present for a good tussle in the rain"

"speak."

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Éldi returned the woman's grin. He liked her spirit and found himself curious to her craft. "I would love to hear more about your crafting. I have many hides and I am always looking for new uses for for them. But yes, I greatly wish to spar." The ran began to fall as Éldi turned to face the woman seeking to leave a fair space between then. His toes flexed as his claws testing the terrain. It would get slick and muddy quickly. Rolling his massive shoulders forward he quickly set his defenses, making sure his ears were pinned to his head and his tail tucked over his genitals. His muscular limbs coiled to lower his center of gravity. He had never battled so small an opponent before. He had to admit he wasn't quite sure where to start.

"After you, milady."

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-13-2019, 11:36 AM
she'd nod, flashing the man a smile. "ha! lucky for you I'm always happy to talk about my crafting!" Dutch would reply with a hearty laugh. she was proud of her accomplishments and her trade skill. if Eldi had pelts sitting around, she could offer to make something out of them. wine holders from the bladders of the animals. accessories from the bones. armor from the pelts. there was loads to make. their band's leader needed some items for Market Day, and she needed to really strut her stuff and show what a valuable member of the Hjarrandi she was. her mind was already reeling with potential objects to craft.

but her first duty was to make armor worthy of a pack leader.

Eldi, however, accepted her request to spar. Dutch would grin even more, getting herself ready as he did. protecting his stomach mostly and his soft bits, the Viking man would tell her to go ahead. the dwarf gave a curt nod before rushing at him. if he was going to protect his lower body... she flashed a paw upward as she neared him, looking to jab it at his face and startle him. he was large, just like the others she had faced. hell, she won against Valkyrie once. even if their leader said she had let her win. was still a win.

Eldi versus Dutch for Spar
Round One of Two
Size: Small
Build: Heavy
Companion: N/A
Mutation: N/A
Fight Skill Level: Beginner

"SPEECH"

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-18-2019, 05:16 PM

Kaler and Askr were off doing whatever it was a bobcat and raven did so for now Éldi opted to fight one on one with Dutch despite the advantage his companions might give him. The tiny woman charged and he held his ground. Éldi knew enough to know he'd have trouble keeping up with her speed and so he hoped to lure her in close where he could use his strength to his advantage. Of course the trouble with this approach was that he actually had to grab a hold of the little twerp. That was easier said then done. Her paw launched out towards his face and he sought to counter by attempting to grab her paw in his jaws in a grip that was strong enough to get a firm hold but not enough to break any of the delicate bones of the paw.

Éldi vs Dutch for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra Large (there's an error in his profile)
Offensive Accessory: No
Defensive Accessory: No
Companion 1: Not in play
Companion 2: Not in play
Fight Skill Level: Expert
Specialty: No

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-18-2019, 07:06 PM
it seemed to have worked until... shit maybe she had done something reckless. his jaws closed around her paw and she snarled through the pain. it was firm holding but no bones felt broken. though he did make himself open to attack now. Eldi was close enough to breathe on. rising her small body from the ground, she flashed out another paw to aim at his vicinity of sight.

her goal was to make him flinch again. maybe even let go of her paw. from what she learned of the world, nobody liked when someone messed with the eyes. it was an unspoken arrangement to not blind someone - and she wasn't trying to either. Dutch aimed for above his brows, but depth perception would probably make it seem like she went for them. awkwardly, she'd crane her head down and shove her snout into his chest. there was force behind it as she opened her jaws against his fur, hoping to grasp anything she could get.

Eldi versus Dutch for Spar
Round Two of Two
Size: Small
Companion: N/A
Mutation: N/A
Fight Skill Level: Beginner

"SPEECH"

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-18-2019, 07:43 PM

Éldi seized hold of the woman's paw, gaining a strong hold. Yes! His gambit paid off. He had just started to jerk his head up but he was too slow. Dutch's other paw lashed out and smacked him in the face right between his eyes. His eyes closed instinctively and he quickly moved to stand to his full height, releasing his hold on her other paw. Because his eyes were closed he didn't see her jaws which now buried into the bottom of his chest, thick in the fur and piercing the skin. His eyes snapped back open and he dived his head down, attempting to grab hold of the scruff of her neck and yank her off him like a fat, little tick. He had to admit, he really admired the woman's spirit.

Éldi vs Dutch for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra Large (there's an error in his profile)
Offensive Accessory: No
Defensive Accessory:  No
Companion 1: Not in play
Companion 2: Not in play
Fight Skill Level: Expert
Specialty: No

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-19-2019, 12:38 PM

And the winner is...

ELDI
DUTCH must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Dutch: 206.85
Eldi: 255.6

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Dutch seemed to be doing pretty well considering the obvious gap in skill. Eldi succeeded in grapping her, yanking the small woman off of him. she crashed to the ground on her side, winded. gasping for breath in a few short moments, she swallowed hard. the differences were too great and she would probably get hurt if they continued. it was time to swallow her pride and admit defeat.

if it was on her own terms, she was okay with that. "you won. I give up" the dwarf gasped, rising to all fours. her paw was a bit cut from his teeth, but nothing a few days off of it would fix. and a healer. she'd give the man a respectable nod. she felt better the Hjarrandi had warriors of his skills. "thanks for the spar, Eldi." was that humility she showed? for once, maybe so.

"SPEECH"

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

07-24-2019, 08:38 PM

The woman submitted and Éldi released her, pleased with how he did against such a smaller opponent considering his lack of experience. Dutch had done quite well and showed him that this was a match up he needed more practice with. Her moves were tactical and surprising. He grinned. "Thank you for the spar as well. It was nice to-" A large crack of thunder echoed overhead, seeming to shake the sky as well as the earth. The force seemed enough to shake the rain loose from the clouds as it began pouring down in sheets. He laughed. "It seems we finished just in time. I'm going to turn in, sleep well if you can!" Éldi liked the fall asleep to the sound of rain but with these loud cracks of thunder he figured it would be awhile before he could get to sleep.

-exit-

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-27-2019, 03:27 PM
the gods' heaven broke easily, scattering rain below as Eldi finished thanking her for the bout. Dutch didn't mind the sound of rain on her den's roof but the Viking seemed to veer off toward camp with misgivings about his own sleep. she'd chuckle to herself, allowing the rain to soak her sore bones for a few minutes. she had done so much sparring lately; but she was also getting good at it. pretty soon she'd be able to use her small size to her advantage in fights.

but she wasn't going to fight anyone for real any time soon. these were little tests. pass or fail, she advanced. she could feel it. she was getting better and learning all sorts of things. only time would tell if she needed to put it to use for real. for now though? she was enjoying the peace without the dramatic idiocy. when she was thoroughly soaked, the thunder boomed quicker between each lightning strike. Dutch rose to all fours and walked back to the Hjarrandi's makeshift camp.

/ EXIT

"SPEECH"