gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Critical Fail!Treat 2019
07-10-2019, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 08:52 PM by Artur.)
I've mentioned Artur's band-to-be a few times in the discord plot channel but keep losing track of who is interested. So here I shall keep track!

The original ad is thus:

"Are you tired of how much the so-called adults are fucking up Ardent? Looking for some way to prove yourself away from the watchful eyes of your parents? Well, Artur Adravendi has just the opportunity you were dreaming of! Picture a band of yearlings eager to make their own mark in a world ruled by older wolves, older wolves too involved in their own drama to see the opportunities and too set in their ways to take advantage of it. Think the Lost Boys if Peter Pan were into world domination. Neverland is never going to be the same... who's in?"

Having worked on it a little more I'm getting a solid idea of what it is going to be. You know how in the real world there are groups with unpleasant methods and iffy morality that some people call "freedom fighters" and others call "terrorists"? To a large extent that could apply to Artur's band. You could call them vigilantes, because they are always willing to take up a cause, but often Artur's methods are questionable at best, justified as being for the greater good. Brutality doesn't seem so bad when you are punishing murderers and rapists or rescuing slaves. As far as he is concerned, politics don't matter. If you aren't willing to do what has to be done and maybe get your teeth a little bloody, then don't get involved at all. You abdicate your right to complain about the situation.

Going passed his expectations for his warriors though, the other fields are equally important. So important, in fact, that everyone in the small band is expected to have more than one. You're a fighter? Cool story, bro, can you do anything other than smash things? You're a healer? Can you do more than fix boo-boos and shove herbs in someone's mouth? Can you craft? Hunt? Negotiate? Do you know multiple languages fluently and translate with ease? Or maybe you know how to navigate by the stars or how many steps are between Cathedral Point and The Boneyard. The point is that in a group as small as a band no one can really afford to specialize in just one thing and support each other, because they may dress and act like wild barbarians to put on a mask for the outside world and bring them closer together, but it doesn't mean they are barbarians.

As far as the age range, Artur is looking for young wolves who aren't as set in their ways as older wolves and may be more amenable to being indoctrinated. This means mostly yearlings, two year olds, and three year olds, though slightly older wolves may be accepted if they are willing to follow a younger wolf without reservations and have an important combination of skills. Pups may be accepted if there's a compelling reason to take them in, but keep in mind that young pups won't be able to contribute IC to a band's survival and OOCly any pups under a year old don't count towards the minimum followers so I as a player will be reluctant to take them, but older pups who can contribute IC would be reasonable as long as they're going to be actively played (I'll be pickier about that than with adult characters who are also contributing towards minimum followers, but keep in mind that all the wolves are expected to be active anyway) and do actually contribute towards the band.

Personality-wise, if they're going to go out of their way to clash with Artur they'd likely not be a good fit for the band since he wouldn't tolerate a lot of dissension against him as leader of the band and would be likely to kick them out rather than put up with any particularly snotty behavior. If you're looking for someplace to put your future rapist, evil, sadistic asshole, this band probably isn't going to be the right place for them either, unless those impulses are able to be steered towards the "greater good" and not aimed at all and sundry. Someone indiscriminately going around doing evil and causing trouble for the band is going to find themselves not only kicked out, but on the wrong side of the band's "law" and subject to severe punishments as well. On the flip side of the coin, overly soft characters may have a lot of trouble adjusting to the sometimes brutal justice of the band and might be better off finding someplace else to crash. While Artur is willing to manipulate and nudge softer characters to the gray, the band is expected to act as a unit and support each other, so a wolf who isn't going to be willing to support their band members will be encouraged to leave. Just things to keep in mind before offering up your character as a follower!

In summary if your character is a yearling, two year old, or young three year old who is restless and looking to make their mark on the world in a place where they can belong (and be thoroughly indoctrinated -cough-) and save the world while slowly spiraling down an increasingly grey path, then the Band of the Dragon may be right for you!

Band Name: Band of the Dragon

Alpha Name: Artur Adravendi

Link to Leader's Account: here

Member Name: Name

Link to Recruitment Thread: url

Member Name:

Band Description: Picture a band of yearlings and other young wolves eager to make their own mark in a world ruled by older wolves, older wolves too involved in their own drama to see the opportunities and too set in their ways to take advantage of it. Think Peter Pan and his Lost Boys. A home for the disenfranchised youth, the lost, the angry, the forgotten, and those who just want to belong, the band of the Dragon gives a purpose and a path to greatness for it’s members. Though outsiders may think them little more than a gang of hoodlums, the Dragons are bound by ties of strict loyalty closer than that of family, blood oaths and rites of passage marking their entrance into and rise through the ranks of their brothers and sisters. A winged serpent eating it's own tail is painted on each Dragon's left shoulder to proclaim their allegiance to the band. Savage decorations of bones, jewelry, feathers, paint, dye, etc, are encouraged to show off the wearer's prowess in their chosen field, but always the winged serpent is worn to stand out with pride.

Anoixi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf

Christmas 2019
07-10-2019, 10:42 PM
Ixi wants in for sure.
Character design by Floral-Tea

I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Noir

Loner

Expert Fighter (220)

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantTrick 2019
07-23-2019, 04:21 PM
tea you're right noir needs to go with artur, putting this here for official record of interest<3

Theta

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Frost

Valentines 2020
07-31-2019, 08:33 PM
Theta wants in!
[Image: 5sPkXAj.png]

Theta has small Deer antlers that may or may not be depicted in her art

Yurei

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
08-27-2019, 04:41 PM
Are pups allowed? :0 I only Have Dunkan free for joining something.
[Image: cute.png?width=493&height=406]

[Image: Yureichibi.png]
Her threads may contain triggering topics like depression and negativeness. Be aware when threading with her.

Casso may crash in any of her threads desíte the tag!

Yurei now has a Grey female wildcat as a companion. Unless stated she is always with her.

Yurei now wears a side back up almost all the time that has four pockets one up and three down.

Casper

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019
05-03-2020, 09:26 PM
this boi is IN

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
08-17-2020, 09:21 PM
Lili
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3