gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Heloise
07-15-2019, 01:21 PM

as much as she hated to admit it, loner life was pretty boring. so far she hadn't been able to meet many people on that road that she'd consider 'friends' or even 'acquaintances'. she was alone, and sometimes alone is what she wanted. but she also wanted to spread her wings. winter was coming up and she hadn't been able to scrounge up a good den or found some reasonable food sources. it was time to think of the bigger picture; surviving. what do wolves do when they want to survive? they join a pack.

the piebald woman made her way to the border of an unknown pack. she looked at it with distaste but knew... deep down this was the right move. Morgan didn't know who lived here, but their number was much less than the others she'd found. made her less stressed, being around a smaller number. lifting her head, she'd howl for the people in the pack. she wasn't stupid; she knew she had to ask questions and also knew she had to answer them. whoever lived here, whatever pack called this their own, she was prepared.

maybe she'd even meet the leader here. who knew? she just knew that she had to judge them for herself before committing. if she didn't like this one, she could find another.

"Speech"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
07-15-2019, 02:40 PM
The sound of a call was enough to rouse Asvor's attention, pulling it easily from her task at hand. She'd been digging through a large overgrown of foliage near the bigger barn in Legion's territory, sniffing around for anything worthwhile. Admittedly, it wasn't as if Legion needed much - her packmates were generally self-sufficient and of good health, though she knew sickness had the potential to strike at any time. They'd been lucky so far, something she was grateful for and took as a sign from the gods that she'd made the right choice in following Legion south. Not that she doubted it anymore - she wasn't one to regret the choices she'd made, and moving down south with Legion and with Valdis was a decision she strongly felt had been much-needed.

Right now, though, she wasn't thinking about her choices, but instead about the unfamiliar sound that rang clearly through the Range. Abandoning the task at hand, she swiftly moved to the borders, wondering if she'd meet Chaos there, or another packmate. Apparently she was the first to arrive though, and she regarded the stranger with narrowed eyes as she drew closer. There was little warmth in her gaze as she drew closer and assessed the stranger with a wary eye, slowly coming to a halt a good distance from her, but still within talking distance. "These are Legion's borders. Why are you here?" Though her voice lacked outright aggression, it had a sharp edge to it that insinuated she had no time for foolishness.

Morgan

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Heloise
07-15-2019, 06:44 PM

she didn't appreciate being talked to like she was an idiot, but Morgan merely squinted her eyes at the other woman as she appeared. and talked. and talked down to her. maybe this wasn't a good idea. maybe she should stick to being a loner for a bit longer. she didn't need anyone. certainly not this cankerous bitch. "I'm here to see if you're accepting wolves into this pack." she kept her tone civil despite wishing to sass off. this wasn't her territory; she had no right.

she knew that... but... gods, it was hard. "also, I wanted to ask some questions about Legion" this was literally killing her. "before committing myself. I'm sorta new to these lands and I have no knowledge of your pack. but I can patrol and hunt; I'm not totally useless." Morgan added in, leaving out the part if this woman couldn't help her she should get someone who could. or was even more patient, appreciating her initiative. she even attempted a small smile.

"Speech"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
07-22-2019, 05:56 PM
The line between being wary and condescending wasn't one Asvor walked easily, and she had little interest in making this stranger comfortable over being straightforward about this stranger's reason for coming here. Her gaze remained serious and probing, looking her over carefully as she spoke. She admitted that she was here to see if Legion was accepting wolves, and to ask more about the pack.

Why Legion? Asvor wondered what had drawn her to this place, but she decided against probing. Deciding whether or not Legion was accepting wolves wasn't really her place, but likewise she had no interest in sitting here looking like a fool while she waited for Chaos to arrive. "As long as you'll drive Legion forward rather than drag us down, I don't see why we wouldn't be interested in new members," she answered after a moment of hesitance, letting a faint, barely-noticeable smile tugging at her lips. "Useless isn't something we're interested in here," she added with a slow nod, glad she'd made that much clear.

Another moment of silence followed, head tilting to the side to see if anyone else had begun their approach yet - but it was still just her and this stranger. "Tell me, have you ever felt like... maybe you're not quite sure where you belong? Like nothing is quite as fulfilling as you wish it was?" Her answer would probably help determine if Legion would suit her tastes or not.

Morgan

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Heloise
07-22-2019, 06:21 PM

"well, I don't plan on sitting on my butt when work is to be done" Morgan retorted with a scoff. her exhaustion was not for the woman this time, but of the countless wolves who probably joined a pack to sit on their asses and soak up the food. she gave the Legion wolf a look, her brow raised as if the other knew what she was talking about. like other wolves do, I'm sure you're aware sorta thing. "you're only as strong as your weakest member, right? and I refuse to be the weakest. I want to help. to make this pack stronger." she refused to be pitied or waited on.

winter was coming faster each day, and the piebald wasn't going to be stuck in the snow. she sighed, relaxing her shoulders as the Legion woman went on. "all the damn time" it was the territory that came with being a bastard child. "I have no wolves to call family. I have no one to rely on out here. I thought joining Legion would be best; since I can grow in a smaller setting. if you're all outcasts banding together, I wanna be apart of that. truly." maybe the woman wasn't so bad if she was a fellow outcast. Morgan visibly relaxed more, waiting for someone to come along and reject or accept her.

but until that happened, she'd talk with this woman more. let them gauge her worthiness.

"Speech"