Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Trick 2019
07-21-2019, 11:12 AM

GOT AN ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER
But the devil always won...

Humidity bore down on him but at least last night's rainstorm had pushed the sweltering heat out of the area. Autumn continued to tussle with summer for control of the weather and Harbringr couldn't wait til it finally one out and more reasonable temperatures made themselves at home in the south. For now he stretched out on the sandy shore, gazing out into the lake, his ebony tail swishing back and forth lightly as he let his mind wander. He was to head to the Battlefield soon to continue his task of working himself back into shape as a respectable warrior. A moment of calm. The noon sun hidden by a blanket of clouds. Hari would take his time and try to use the stillness to work through the maze his mind was becoming. It was as if the tide was starting to roll out and reveal all the flotsam and jetsam that had before been safely covered when survival was the only thing he had time to think about.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
07-21-2019, 11:59 AM
Deathbelle was forced from her den around midday, she was starting to feel a bit miffed at how often she had to pee. Her pups were quickly realizing how much fun it was to use her bladder like a trampoline. She sighed with exasperation as she made her way from the palace, oddly alert for what hour it was. Belle made her way to the border, might as well use the excess urine for something useful. The Empress started on a midday patrol, something she usually left for Sirius or Hannibal.

She relieved herself and made her way around the border, finding herself at the lake. She would loop around and return to her den for the rest of her sleep and return to her duties when the night returned. She couldn’t help but notice Hari’s form however, and made a bee-line for him. Her older brother was turning into a Samurai she could really trust, he remained by her side and was obviously serious about his training. Belle carried her quickly growing form towards him quietly. The sand muffled her steps as she crept up on him.

Belle aimed to return his actions of the days previous, Her form coiled and sprang, aiming to grasp hold of his tail with her jaws and give him an uncomfortable nip.
"speak."

Stock by Ria.P of dawthieves

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Trick 2019
07-21-2019, 01:17 PM

His stomach gurgled but he ignored it for now. He'd eaten not that long ago having managed to seize a fat and tasty grouse. No doubt it was just the rumblings of digestion and his stomach protesting how quickly he'd wolfed down his meal. Harbringr still had that reaction to food. It was to be consumed as swiftly as possible and as much as possible and what did it matter if a bunch of air and feathers was swallowed with the meat? He supposed he was lucky he wasn't hiccuping feathers just about now.

Harbringr's thoughts continued to wander when the took a turn back to Costanza. He'd started having dreams again. They were a blessing in that he could talk to her again, they were a curse in that they always seemed to end the same way. She'd just suddenly be gone. He'd turn to look at something and when he'd look back towards her he'd be met with a vacant space. He'd run, he'd try to find her and find either emptiness or blood but never her.

A sudden shot of pain in his tail caused him to launch himself forward. Elegant legs that had been tucked beneath him unfurled as he launched himself right into the lake. He only realized this mid-leap and by then it was to late to do anything about it as he hit the water. Sputtering he turned around to see his sister Deathbelle. "Oh! You! You!" he sighed then grinned at her. "I guess I deserved that, huh?"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-21-2019, 02:49 PM
She hadn’t expected the reaction she received, but after their last interaction Deathbelle didn't feel bad in the least when her brother suddenly leapt forward. Right into the lake water. She didn’t even mind the droplets that splashed onto her ivory marked pelt. She couldn’t help her overly amused reaction as he struggled to recover and whipped back around towards her. The Empress had her head in the air and her jaws parted in a hearty laugh. It was a sound that hadn’t left her since long before the drought that took their home. He was going to get angry with her for a moment, and though she still giggled like a little yearling she regained her regal pose.

”Just seeing you bathing in the sun like that made me think back to when we were puppies.” She quoted back to him as she moved forward to offer him help out of the water. "I didn’t mean for you to leap into the water." She said amusedly, giving him as much of an apology as she thought he deserved. "What deep thoughts did I disturb, brother?" She asked curiously as she got him out of the water (if he accepted her help). Belle didn’t hesitate to groom at his wet cheek affectionately.
"speak."

Stock by Ria.P of dawthieves

Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

07-24-2019, 08:54 PM

She spoke his own words back to him and he feigned annoyance. "Oh, hardy, har, har…" His expression shifted to a soft smile as he reminisced for a moment on those simpler times. "Those really were the days though, some days I wish I could go back to being an ignorant pup. Back then I would've tackled you but I guess that wouldn't be a good idea?" He'd love to spar his sister again but he knew little of pregnancy and was uncertain what dangers there were for her. Was she far enough along that a fall would be problematic?

What deep thoughts did I disturb, brother?

His expression darkened for a moment before he turned to gaze out across the water, shrugging lightly. "I was thinking about my wife again. I still can't believe she's…" His brow furrowed. "Her spirit was with me for awhile but since I've arrived in this new land her voice has fallen silent. I keep retracing my steps, wondering if I did something to displease her but nothing comes to mind. I wonder if her spirit has finally settled in the great beyond."

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Belle was pleased that Hari could find amusement in her words, she beamed at him as he teased her. His words rang true though and she perked curiously at him, at least he was mindful of her condition. ”If you promise to be gentle, I think I could go a bout or two.” She offered, reminded again of the past, and the days spent training together. First though, a moment to bond. She couldn’t miss the difference in her brother’s features. As the storm clouds fell over him Belle reached forward to nuzzle his cheek comfortingly.

She was exactly sure how to comfort him, to mention her final rest as a good thing? Of course, she had no doubt that Costanza would have told her beloved goodbye before the final event. Maybe he had done something to anger her? ”She wouldn’t be giving you the silent treatment if she were upset.” She encouraged him with a smile. ”Maybe she just got a little mixed up. I’m sure she will return to you.” Belle nudged his shoulder, he had always been strong. She wasn’t sure if she could function quite so well as he did after the death of one that she loved.

Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

07-28-2019, 03:55 PM

Normally impulsive, Harbringr hesitated a moment. He'd love to spar with his sister but he also didn't want to accidentally hurt. On yet another paw though he certainly didn't want to treat her like she was so fragile just a mere touch would cause her to shatter. "Ok, let's give it a try. I promise to be careful!" It would be a good exercise in self control and also in strategy. He smiled softly at Deathbelle's wisdom in regards to Constanza. "Thank you Belle, I believe you may be right."

Welcoming the distraction he returned to shore and stood across from his sister, leaving a space of about five feet between them. Quickly setting his defenses he sized up his sister for a moment and then charged. Harbringr dove straight ahead seeking to lift his upper body and snake his head to Belle's left in order to seize her scruff. At the same time he sought to wrap his upper arms around her neck, just in front of her shoulder blades. He figured from this position he could shift his weight in case she started to stagger to make sure she did not fall. Oh, this was going to be hard. Harbringr didn't have much of a plan but he hoped something would come to him as they fought.

Harbringr vs Deathbelle for Spar
Round 1 of ?
Size: Large
Build: Medium
Fight Skill Level: Advanced

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-30-2019, 05:19 PM
The two of them were going to attempt a lighthearted spar, the mere thought made Belle grin. She had been wondering what she was capable of in this state, and knowing he had to keep her safe would at least put Hari into a slight disadvantage. Not that it was going to outweigh her slowing form. She was only half way through, she still retained much of her movement. She was rewarded a smile as he thanked her for her words on his spiritual problem, she returned the expression as he shifted into position.

Deathbelle took the moments to fall into her defenses. He wasn’t going to go for anything too rough so he’d likely try and get control of her with a scruff grab. Belle raised her hackles and lowered her ears as she bent her joints low and balanced on her toes as her brother sprang into action. Belle danced with him, but wasn’t able to outmaneuver his attack. His arms were suddenly around her and his teeth at her scruff.

Belle squealed loudly, not out of pain but to hopefully put Hari off his attack. Belle snaked her head to the left, and made an attempt to snap at the thick fur on the left of Hari’s neck, at the same time she’d try and push her left shoulder against his chest and throw him off balance.

Round 1 of 2
Build: Light
Handicap: light/medium from pregnancy

Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

08-03-2019, 03:31 PM

Score! Harbringr's arms wrapped around Belle's neck, his teeth at her scruff as he balanced his weight on his hind legs and worked to maintain his defenses. However, he didn't stay where he was for long for Belle squealed and Harbringr promptly let go thinking he'd hurt her. All four feet returned to the ground as he started to speak. "Are you- ow!" Her head shifted and her fangs bit into the left side of his neck as her shoulder pushed up against his chest. "Deceit!" He yelled barely hiding how proud he was of her tactic. As he'd already returned his legs to the ground her force was not enough to push him off balance.

Hari sought to retaliate as he reached out to bite the left side of her neck in the same spot that she'd bitten him. He pushed forward with his chest hoping to force her to sit down.

Round 2 of 2
Build: Medium

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
08-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Her plan worked perfectly, her little squeal was let out and he immediately released her. She continued with her own attack though and he reacted just as she hoped he might. He called out her tactic and she smiled through his fur in her mouth. As his teeth fell around her neck and his chest pushed her forward she submitted enough that she did sit down. With her extra weight it would make it harder for him to move her. She then tried to bite eagerly at her brother’s face, finding herself devolving from somewhat serious spar, to playful pup just trying to pinch her brother’s nose. With her rump on the ground she aimed to bring up her paws and mirror one of his first action, aiming to wrap her arms around his neck as she tried to bite him.

Round 2 of 2
Build: Light
Handicap: light/medium from pregnancy

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-12-2019, 07:21 PM

And the winner is...

DEATHBELLE
HARBRINGR must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Harbringr: 102.7
Deathbelle: 295.8

Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

08-15-2019, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2019, 08:45 PM by Harbringr.)

Harbringr's attacks forced his sister to sit on her haunches and for a moment he thought he was about to claim victory but then her snapping jaws launched towards his face. He yelped as her fangs slashed across his nose and he shuffled back, just slipping out between her arms as he lifted a paw to rub at his bleeding nose.   His tongue darted out to lap at the blood. Hari then shot a grin at his sister.His sister was a clever and resourceful fighter and he really admired that about her. However, that didn't mean he'd want to see her in a fight any time soon. Their match had been far more playful than serious and he hated to think what could happen if she was in a fight with someone who truly meant her harm.