Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-22-2019, 12:41 PM
"come, Kresnik" Heloise uttered around the jar she held as her gyrfalcon followed after her in the air. she was not sure if she wanted him to help her catch them - it seemed unfair - yet she allowed him to come with her regardless. it was her first social event in Boreas and she also wanted to include the bird in it. he was her ally, so it made sense. he gave a subtle shriek of acceptance, landing on a low hanging branch once they stopped in the field. t'was night and she could easily see the glowing insects.

she was not sure what she hoped out of this, but it seemed the most amusing part. prizes were supposedly won by participants. Heloise wished to gain something from this experience. if she could not use it right away, she could store it away for when she needed it. no harm, no foul. "wish me luck" she smiled to the gyrfalcon. Kresnik gave an encouraging bob from his branch, flapping his wings as the woman readied herself. she shot forward, tipping the jar downward to try to collect as many as possible.

ooc; attempt 1, no companion used
[Image: sgvfyko2_o.gif]
heloise has a male gyrfalcon named kresnik with a fifty-inch wingspan
always assume he is in threads nearby and in battles with her
as her love acere praetor is allowed in any of her threads regardless of tag

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
07-22-2019, 04:15 PM

Banshee decided it was time to start catching some bugs! She was never one to be frightened of Bugs like other pups and if anything she was rather interested in them. Especially those that had light-up butts.. The youngling wandered to find a quiet area to do her duty but it seemed everyone was out and about. Her blue yes happened to find one lone alabaster she-Wolf and the babe decided that was likely her best bet. The opposing female seemed to be strong and there was a big Bird hanging around.

The Klein girl prowled up to the area in which the snowy Wolf was hunting and began observing her 'prey.' Due to the fact that she wasn't yet full grown she had a slight disadvantage. But, she was more then capable of leaping. Thus, that is exactly what she did. Banshee had her glass jar on a slim rope around her neck for ease of access. As soon as she found a low flying lightening bug she jumped up and attempt to capture it in her jaws without hurting it. The girl ensured her tongue was flat against the bottom of her mouth and then spat out into the jar in hopes she had indeed captured one!

Banshee

[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-23-2019, 11:00 AM
she spotted the girl joining her, but was in the middle of catching a few insects so she didn't say anything at first. when she had successfully captured a few, she'd turn just in time to see the girl's efforts. one singular bug was caught, but Heloise smiled and approached. "good job" for it was a good effort. "I'm quite jealous; I cannot leap around like that. I'm too big." she'd chuckle, feinting her weight's affects on her jump ability. she thought it would be fun to jump and catch the fireflies though. but she was an adult now and that was unbecoming of herself.

ah, to be a child again.

"I'm Heloise, and this is Kresnik" she'd call to her gyrfalcon, who lifted from the tree and flap down on her shoulder. he'd peer at the girl before uttering a soft cry of greeting. fair or not, Heloise wanted to include her new friend in the firefly catching too. she wanted him to have fun. "we have a few more tries left, let's try to win something big!" she'd smile as she walked a few paces away from the girl. bending her neck as she ran this time, she aimed to catch more and more. she didn't know how much tickets she needed, for she hadn't even seen the prize booth yet.

ooc; attempt 2, companion used

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
07-23-2019, 03:37 PM

Banshee felt the singular bug darting within her jaws before she spat it out into the jar. The babe lowered her head and raised a par to move the top, that was tied to the rim of the jar, into place. The white femme's words fell into her perked ears and Banshee flashed a little grin. That Klein grin that seemed to come directly from her father. "I practice a lot." Ban feared one day getting old and brittle. She was so young and lithe. Soon she'd be larger then the average Wolf and standing at 38" tall. Perhaps then her leaping abilities would lessen. But, her goals were to never lose her athleticism.

As the adult introduced herself the pup lowered her head into a polite nod of greeting. Despite her angst she was not ill-mannered towards strangers. Father always said she represented the Kleins and Banshee never wanted to paint a foolish picture of her family. "I am Banshee Klein of Ashen." Her eyes moved to the large bird and they seemed to glisten with wonder. One day I will have a companion like that! Her joy was held within though. As Hel voiced her encouragement Banshee nodded again. Her eyes darted around before finding another lightening bug higher up. She moved to quickly jump onto an old log before launching herself further up into the air. Jaws snapped as she aimed to rip a bug from the air, hoping to get a few more with it before she hit the ground.

Banshee

[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-23-2019, 07:06 PM
"you will have to show me your technique" Heloise praised the girl with a gentle smile. Kresnik preened his feathers at Banshee's awe, flustered a bit at being looked at like that. as the two broke off to do their catching, the alabaster woman was slightly frustrated she only managed to catch one firefly this time. she'd look to her gyrfalcon, who shrugged his bird shoulders, before approaching the girl once more. "no such luck this time." she'd chuckle.

"a pleasue to meet you" Banshee Klein though? Deathbelle was a Klein. she hadn't seen the woman in what felt like forever and wondered if they were related in some way. or even if the woman was doing well. she resisted asking the girl about her family, for it would be rude not to talk about her. "you live in Ashen, but where is that?" Heloise asked instead "I haven't heard of it until now" unfortunately "I hail from Winterfell, to the north." her eyes shifted away from the girl's face to look around the settled insects. they seemed to have recovered from their startle.

"let's go again. I'll try to herd them toward you, Banshee. perhaps your luck will be better" and the girl could win lots of prizes for herself. Heloise darted away, racing along the grassy field with her jar ready. she played to her strengths and tipped it, trying to get more than one. Kresnik took flight and aimed to grab one firefly for himself this time.

ooc; attempt 3, companion used

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
07-24-2019, 09:33 PM

Banshee spat only one bug into her jar with a slight sneer. She seemed to be much better at catching small prey. Bugs were too twitching and flicky. The girl rumbled slightly before focusing on the winter woman she was partnering up with. "No such luck this time." It was true their luck seemed to lessen but perhaps next try they would do better. A Klein was to never give up. Banshee would never show weakness in the face of lightening bugs. With a firm nod the pup spoke, "We will do better next time."

They got onto speaking about their lives outside of the festival. Hel asked of Ashen and Banshee shrugged gently, "Ashen is a western pack led by Empress Deathbelle and Right Hand Hannibal Klein. Hannibal is my father." Her voice was mellow and it did not seem like she was gloating, more like informing. At this point in her life Banshee came to terms with she would never be her families heiress. Belle's children would come before her and they weren't even born yet. But, she could still aspire to be great. Maybe they would show the adults they made a painful mistake of not putting their faith in the young gal. "What is Winterfell like?" Banshee had never heard of that pack.

The youthful Klein was prepared to do better this time. "Let's go again. I'll try to herd them toward you, Banshee. perhaps your luck will be better." With a firm nod the babe awaited the adult to do her bidding. As Hel began to move Banshee waited patiently for the flies to come her way. As quite a few buzzed away from her partner the youngling began to snap at them in hopes of catching a few.

Banshee

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-25-2019, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 06:35 PM by Heloise.)
so Deathbelle was still around, and with a pack now. she didn't know the Klein had ambition for one, yet she recalled asking her if she had a home. Deathbelle said 'not yet' which now made sense. she was waiting for the opportunity to gain one. though Banshee had questions about Winterfell, and she was glad to provide her with a neutral answer. "the weather is cold" Heloise replied truthfully "yet very warm, kind people make up for that." it was true, after all. Acere was a good king, and the others were welcoming.

Heloise did not ask if Banshee she was Heir, for she was not Deathbelle's child. the ivory woman wasn't sure what she would feel if in the same position. possibly rejection, a spark of anger? her own father was long dead, and she was the last of her line. perhaps she was an heir in her own right. but pushing such thoughts aside, she focused on the fireflies now. her bottle filled with three little bugs as she herded them to Banshee. "how did you do?" she'd ask the girl as she neared her "did our plan work?" though it had been Heloise's plan, she didn't mind sharing the credit with the girl. especially if it helped her get tickets.

a few lights flickered by her face and on instinct, Heloise turned, swinging her jar as she moved. Kresnik shot out as well, aiming to grab at least one again. she lost track of how many she had caught so far; it wasn't as important as helping Banshee have some fun.

ooc; attempt 4, companion used

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
07-28-2019, 03:18 PM

Banshee managed to catch three bugs in her jaws. The bag quickly spat them out into her glass jar and covered the top carefully. A triumphant grin slipped across her earth toned muzzle as baby blue eyes roamed the frosty adult. "Our plan worked pretty well, miss." Heloise was not like those within Ashen. She held none of that sly nature nor venom. Banshee enjoyed the spark of the Kleins but also held respect for a more positive natured being. The ice Wolf would linger within the pup's thoughts beyond this interesting night. Perhaps a reminder that not everything was so.. serious.

Banshee was able to think of the adults words as things settled down for just a moment. "I have never been North.. maybe one day I will come visit you." Wonder filled Ban's eyes as she offered a tiny smile. She didn't know what to make of the cold for she had only experienced a southern winter in the very young months of her life.

Soon she was back to catching Fireflys. Banshee prowled for a moment before quickly snapping at a few passing bugs.

Banshee

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-28-2019, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 09:56 AM by Heloise.)
"good. I am glad for you" Heloise replied, smiling softly with a nod. she saw the girl catch more fireflies this time and was pleased. that only meant more of those 'tickets' right? she wondered how many she had gotten so far, but decided not to keep track. she didn't want to be competitive about her ticket number. this was all for fun and there was no need for the end of the event to be any different. "I hope you get a wonderful prize." she'd add in, chuckling.

realizing this was her last turn, she'd make it count. Kresnik soared overhead, dipping ever so slightly to try and catch an extra bug as his mistress turned back to Banshee. "oh, I would enjoy a visit. perhaps I can show you around when you come north?" though when this would be was unknown. the girl was still young and couldn't really wander so far without her parent, surely? "last chance for me, however" Heloise chuckled once more, picking her jar from the ground. she paused for a moment before springing into the air, aiming to copy Banshee's enthusiasm from before.

ooc; attempt 5 - final attempt , companion used

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
08-02-2019, 09:54 AM

Banshee came forth with just one more Firefly. It seemed sometimes she was lucky and sometimes not so much. A strike of mild disappointment flew through her form but other then that she was fine. Most of her angst was pointed at other Wolves and she wasn't silly enough to get mad at a little game. She was confident in her abilities to race as well as Fish. She wished to gain enough tickets to get something cool! Thus, her tail flicked with idle excitement as she spat the fly out into the glass jar and put the top on.

The Klein girl turned towards her catching partner with a little grin. The talk of going North was pretty exciting but then she remembered it was going to be winter soon and her nose wrinkled. "Maybe I should wait a few seasons to visit though.. The Winter may not be the best time to go.." She shook her head before looking around to a few passing bugs. As Hel took her leap so did Banshee. The babe jumped into the air and snapped at a few Fireflies for one last attempt at catching some.

Banshee

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-02-2019, 10:03 AM
"no, it is daresay still cold even when it had been summer" she informed the girl, a small smile of amusement pulling at the edges of her lips. Banshee lived in the west, which meant humidity and dry seasons. their differences of climate were apparent; the girl may not enjoy moving around in the snow, yet Heloise did revel in it. as she landed from her attempt, earning her many fireflies, she'd sit her jar down and count. there was a decent amount in them now but her turns were all up. "perhaps I can visit you then?" her icy gaze focused on the girl.

she did not mind walking through the winter's grasp on the land. and if Banshee was still young by the time winter rolled around, Heloise would feel better about going to her. the last thing she wanted was the youth getting lost in a blizzard. "I have met your aunt before. she healed my wounds after a cougar assaulted me" the alabaster woman said, chuckling at the memory. one of the first wolves she had met in this land and Deathbelle now had a pack to lead. it could be good to catch up with her as well. she only hoped the other woman would be glad to see her.

ooc; all attempts used!