gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Church
07-23-2019, 03:22 PM

The night was beautiful and filled with the sparkling stars and the gentle flickering of fireflies his tail wagging as he approached the glittering cloud that was a swarm of fireflies. With the jar in his jaws he swung his head left and right, flailing slightly as he attempted to catch the small flickering insects. There was no grace to him as he moved, leaping and pouncing through the tall grasses as he hoped against hope that he would have something to show for it. He was panting after a short while of flailing and jumping, his hot breath fogging the glass, unable to tell if he had anything to show for his efforts or if he would return to the attendants empty handed.

speaking Thinking  you

Célestin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Critical Fail!Christmas 2019
07-24-2019, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2019, 12:10 PM by Célestin.)

Célestin tried his best to ignore the way the setting seemed straight out of a fairytale, two wolves alone with nothing but the night sky and the gentle glow of fireflies? Yeah, he'd just try and not think about it. Not that they were totally alone but it was obviously a better idea to try and catch the glowing bugs away from other wolves. He watched Pegasus dance around the island, bouncing like a playful child and he grinned around his own glass receptacle. All he ever wanted was to see Pegasus happy and he tried to burn the image of his friend frolicking so freely into his mind.

Finally the rainbow boy shook his head to clear it, he'd better get started or he'd find Pegasus had snatched up all the fireflies, not that it was an agreed-upon competition but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't feeling a bit competitive about it. So Célestin skirted around his friend, swinging his head as he tried to catch a few of the bugs Pegasus had driven his way.

"Speech" Think You

Art by Sterling-Raven
[Image: dxada_by_sterling_raven_by_lolaf-dccz5i2.png]
Célestin speaks both French and English fluently, hover for translations.
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Pegasus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Church
07-24-2019, 10:42 AM

Pegasus’s ear twitched as Célestin appeared, a wide grin breaking over his features as three of the glowing fireflies buzzed languidly in the jar. “Hatch anfing?” He asked around the jar before a firefly danced directly over his nose, causing him to cross his eyes before he swang for it and pranced back into the fray to catch more of the buzzing insects.

It very well could have been a dream, he had enough memories of Célestin to feed a lifetime of dreams, all of them he could look back on fondly even those that involved his sisters death. He wanted to forget the awkward moments of silent disappointment that had passed between them and as they danced under the pale moonlight, catching fireflies he felt that they had.

speaking Thinking  you

Célestin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

07-24-2019, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2019, 12:11 PM by Célestin.)

They danced around for a short while, Pegasus asking if he'd managed to get anything.  Célestin stopped for a moment, panting and squinting down his muzzle to try and see what, if anything, he had caught. "Tuh, ah fink." He said around his jar. It was hard to tell how many had actually gotten, he'd gotten at least one but he couldn't tell if he was just seeing double because he was going slightly crossed trying to see in his jar.

Célestin gently lowered his jar to the ground, placing a paw gingerly over the opening. Okay so he'd been right in his guess. He looked at Pegasus again, trying to hide the slight discomfort of two small dense forms bumping against his pads, their wings tickling his skin, from his face. "How uh... do you suppose we keep them in there when we go to turn them in?" Sure by carying it he managed to cover some of the opening but there'd be no way to manage being sure they'd keep all their catches in their containers with that alone. While he waited the boy took the chance to try snapping up some of the flies that moved passed his nose, trying to catch them in his mouth and not his teeth.

"Speech" Think You

Art by Sterling-Raven
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Pegasus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Church
07-29-2019, 05:53 PM

He moved to sit beside Célestin and placed his jar on the ground, mirroring his movements by placing his large paw over the lid of the jaw. “Seems to me you already have that figured out.” He chuckled, then waved his head attempting to shepherd more of the flickering flies into his mouth so he could safely deposit them in his jar. His stomach turned as he felt at least one of the bugs crawl curiously over the roof of his mouth and nearly gagged but quickly lifted his paw and spat his catch in his jar to join the rest of its captured species.

speaking Thinking  you

Célestin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

07-29-2019, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2019, 12:11 PM by Célestin.)

Oh if he thought the sensation of the bugs hitting his paw was bad then the moment he caught a fly in his mouth he realized it was even worse! He quickly spat the bug into his container, grimacing and trying to remove the taste from his mouth. He watched Pegasus with some amusement as his friend seemed to go through the exact same thing. "We have to take them back to the uh... cloaked guy though right?" He asked, snapping at a fly that drifted by, even despite his previous discomfort. "So unless you're planning on hobbling over there on your hindlegs with your jar cradled between your front paws I don't think this is a viable solution." He snapped at another fly, bending his neck backward to try and catch it. "And I'd rather not risk a full mouthful of flies by cover the opening with my mouth." He winked at Pegasus, rising to standing, while keeping his one paw over the opening.

"Speech" Think You

Art by Sterling-Raven

Pegasus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Church
07-29-2019, 06:20 PM

He gave a soft sigh. “Then I suppose we’ll have to kill them…seems like a shame though.” He muttered, then went cross-eyed as a firefly landed on his nose and he snapped his jaws to catch it and any others that might have been lingering. He had been hoping to release them afterward but it seemed they had no other choice. The thought of their small broken bodies stung slightly but Peg quickly shook out his fur to shake away the feelings. He was a wolf for Ley’s sake killing was what they did, but Pegasus had always been a gentle soul at heart.

speaking Thinking  you