gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Church
07-23-2019, 04:12 PM

It was time he set about building alliances and forming a force to be reckoned with in Boreas. There were wolves who were still on the fence and needed to be warned of the coming war. His own pack numbers were small but with an alliance, he hoped he could at least build an army large enough to take the Abraxas by surprise. He was no great tactician, not yet anyway, he was still young and new to leading, building a pack on the scaffolding of his old life as he tried to bring others into the fold. Torin had at least not wanted to get into the dealings of a siege, but he would wait and see if the sister pack Valhalla would be more eager to rush to their aid if they were attacked first. He stood on the border and called for the alpha with a deep call wishing to be met.

speaking Thinking  you

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
08-04-2019, 02:57 PM
So so sorry about the delay. I totally missed this thread @-@

Aurielle Adravendi

She drew a paw down, smearing a thick, grout-like paste over a junction of stones, not part of the wall, yet. Three more pawfuls slathered more of the stuff over the stones, and she stepped back, eyeing the semi-circle of stone around her, the beginnings of a shelter.

Turning, she bent, picking of a rock in her jaws. This rock was visibly shaped into a rough block, mostly from the efforts of both Ayodelle and Paladin’s primate companions, whacking harder rocks with growing precision until the shape had been obtained.

Carefully, she laid the shaped stone upon the first layer. She had just finished nudging into an acceptable place when an unfamiliar howl lifted her head, ears perked. It was the call with which a leader called his or her equal, and she turned neatly on her haunches with a swish of long hair, bounding in an easy lope, fast enough to be prompt, slow enough not to be out of breath when she arrived.

She slowed well before she reached the pass the alpha would be standing at, dropping neatly into the silent prowl that sent her gliding forward, melding with the mists around her.

The effect was a soundless appearance of swirling fog around a ghost-white based form as she stepped into sight, stride one of easy regality and grace. Her gradated sapphire to sky blue gaze studied him, flicking up – and up – to his face. He was massively tall, the absolute tallest of their species’ ability to grow, yet he seemed leaner, his colors made of tawny creams and golds, struck with ebony.

Her gut spoke clearly that this wolf, and his pack, was unlikely ever to be a threat unless her own pack gave them a good reason. Every wolf had a certain way about them, and this male’s bearing spoke no arrogance or latent hostility.

Finally, she spoke, after a few beats of silence as she studied him and allowed him to take his own look and assessment of an equal. An easy smile rested on her features as she nodded lightly to him.

“Welcome to the borders of Valhalla. I am Aurielle Adravendi, Spirit of Valhalla, or its leader. How may I help you…?”

She delicately trailed off at the end of her greeting, a casual prompt for his name and reason for calling for her, and that intensity came into her eyes—that interest that made it as though whomever came under that gaze was the most important wolf in the room.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Pegasus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Church
08-06-2019, 03:11 PM

He was stunned into silence as she approached, by far the most beautiful creature he had ever seen, more of a spirit than a wolf, and with a title that suited her perfectly. He closed his mouth, remembering his manners and straightened slightly as she addressed him. “Greetings Aurielle, my name is Pegasus Beaufort, I am the leader of a pack in the south known as Olympia.” He explained, meeting her gaze steadily, one alpha to another.

“I have come to discuss the terms of an alliance between our packs, we can offer several crafted items; healing herbs, pelts, my sister is quite the hunter and I myself have an interest in map making.”

He couldn’t say with any certainty that she would be interested in maps let alone know what he was talking about, so few wolves in Boreas knew the finer points of writing craft and reading, even fewer wolves were able to grasp the concept of a map and how it could be useful.

“We are also interested in forming alliances in case of a siege.” He deftly added. “Have you heard of the Abraxas family?”

Speaking  Thinking    You

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

08-09-2019, 01:29 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

A glint of amusement lurked in her eyes as she noticed the male’s stunned expression at her appearance—had she finally gotten the trick of appearing out of the mists without a sound mastered? It didn’t cross her mind that beauty had anything to do with his shock. She was a wolf. She was so used to the fact that she shimmered and had a mane and long teeth and tail hair that beyond considering other wolves might find her appearance surprising, she didn’t consider it much further.

The man regained his composure, introducing himself as Pegasus Beaufort, alpha of a southern pack… Olympia. She filed the information away as he went on, eyes holding his as a smile settled onto her features, approval at the prospect of an alliance clear on her features.

She was indeed interested in what he had to offer, a slight tip of her head melding with an intensity in her eyes and a slight perk of the ears, but she heard him out until the end, where he finished with a question that she regretfully nodded to.

Finally, she spoke, taking her answers categorically in line with his words. “I am always interested in allies—one never knows when he or she might be in dire need of back up. We have many herbs in this area that might not grow in your own lands—Aloe for instance. The desert-lands around my territories are rife with them.”

A grin flickered across her lips as she added, “You have a great deal that I can work with for trade, and I am quite interested to hear about your cartography. My cousin’s companions have spoken of how humans once used maps to stay on trail across the lands, though their knowledge is mostly by word of mouth.”

Her head turned, an eye scanning backj toward the territory behind her as she said, “I’ve been considering taking up one of my Uncle’s lifestyles. He raises livestock in the south—perhaps you’ve met him? Tornach Adravendi. He’d be an older man, now. He mostly raises elk. I’ve also been considering seeing if it’s possible to propagate foreign plants here.”

Her eyes turned more serious, more intent as she locked eyes with Pegasus again as she finished, “I have heard of them. We’ve encountered them before, scouting our pack, though I myself wasn’t present for the interactions. They were caught out and sent on their way with nothing but our scents and the wall for information, I imagine. I was either very small or still within my mother’s womb at that time. That’s only the base of what I know of them—what do you know?”

Brandr had been a wealth of information in the past, but it was always good to hear multiple reports. She knew that an Abraxas had wrested Talis from Dragon, thought whether that pack still stood she didn’t know. And of the times she had attended challenges, she had seen several wolves that matched the overall family description her father gave her. Mottled coats, large, etc.

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Pegasus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Church
08-11-2019, 06:17 PM
He nodded at her complements a small smile appearing on his black lips as she spoke, mentioning his cartography. The word had been used in his homeland but never in Boreas and he found himself surprised that the woman knew the word. “You are very kind.” He breathed, still amazed by her appearance.

He cleared his throat suddenly at her question and he straightened slightly as he prepared to answer. “They are vile creatures, with no shred of decency, spoiling the land and taking captives as they please.” He explained, hoping to drive her toward his cause. “My father was a former captive of theirs and what he experienced under them was unspeakable.” He added, his hackles rising slightly as he remembered his proud father’s words the day he told them of what he underwent in his time in captivity.

“I came to Boreas to avenge his honor and have sworn a pledge to crush the Abraxas in whatever form they take.”  He explained, his tone stern and serious.

speaking Thinking  you

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

08-12-2019, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 02:38 AM by Aurielle.)
Aurielle Adravendi

A soft hum of laughter filtered through the woman’s nostrils at Pegasus’ remark upon her kindness. “At the very least, easily made curious and eager to learn much.”

Her humor waned as she listened to the tall man’s words. Partially, she recognized the passion as a political  - if heartfelt and honest - quest to sway her toward his cause. It wasn’t one she had experienced yet, but she also kept in mind what her father had learned from a woman named Iskra, as well as when she knew from Brandr, musing as Pegasus completed his pronouncement.

She was silent for many long beats as she assembled her response. On the one paw, she was more than happy to help wipe out a possible threat to the future of her wolves and any children she might someday bear - would someday bear, she thought firmly – she also had to weigh in the fact that her numbers were low as it was, and she could foresee more leaving. Artur, at the very least. The young man was visibly unhappy in Valhalla.

Were Valhalla larger, she would be more amenable to war—there were gains to be had from winning such a battle—the spoils with which expanding her territories would be made possible. But there were risks. She knew there were many of the fanatical family.

“From what I’ve been told previously, the Abraxas are fanatics who believe themselves descended from a fallen god. I will not deny they have been useful in dealing some karma in the past. One of their own challenged for and won a pack known as Talis that once led an unnecessary raid against this pack and took one of our wolves prisoner in the process, maiming my father and my cousin and great uncle, and my uncle in as well. We won the raid, but relations were well damaged. I feel that justice was well dealt, though. But we never saw Valor again. Politically, I find that useful, removing a threat from the board.”

Her eyes flicked up to meet Pegasus’ again as she added, “I do see the dangers of allowing the Abraxas to remain in power for too long; however, my numbers right now are too low to be of much help. To be frank, and perhaps overly open with information, we have so few adults experienced in even hunting and healing that our youngest members have no mentors and have been sorely missing out in vital training.

“I must weigh the safety of my pack with what you request. For now, I’m afraid I cannot yet provide warriors to your cause. However, should my numbers grow, and their prowess in battle meet what I hope to achieve in Valhalla…. We shall see. It could well be that they die out like many large families have in the past. It was once that the Armadas were a force to be feared and reckoned with. Now… I haven’t heard that family name spoken in my lifetime save for my father’s history lessons. I am descended by blood from Isardis, but he is not often acknowledged as he was not well liked.”

Her haunches lowered neatly to the ground, tail flicking to drape over the peat and heather at her paws in shimmering strands and locks as she tipped her head, studying the man as she added, “I am not dismissing your cause out of paw, mind. I will keep it in mind, and if your pack requires aid against a siege, Abraxan or some other threat, I will lend mine in any way I can, even if it is myself alone that comes to battle at your pack’s side, assuming you are still welcoming to an alliance with Valhalla…”

Pegasus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Church
08-16-2019, 02:06 PM
The Lovliest

Lies

Pegasus felt his heart drop into his stomach as she told him she considered the Abraxas useful, after they had crushed an enemy force of theirs, it seemed to him that the former pack had done them a great deal of harm in the raid and so he could understand how she might welcome any poetic justice done to them.

“It was not only Talis they toppled I’m afraid. Dragoste was another victim of theirs and the alpha Ganta was killed.” He seemed saddened by that, only because he knew his father had held a great love for the man.

His spirits lifted as she explained she wasn’t dismissing Olympia’s cause outright, but that they didn’t have the means to provide for them, that was understandable, but they still offered their aid in the event they were attacked. “That helps us greatly.” He said softly, bowing his head in a sign of respect. “Perhaps if you have any warriors they would be willing to train members of my pack.” He offered. “I can also send my brother to aid your healers.”

Talking Thinking You

Of All