gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-28-2019, 02:15 PM

The lioness received her container from the festival workers, furrowing her brow first at them then at the gourd with interest. Is this how the wolves were meant to catch their flies? Regardless, Cannival found herself a free area and then placed the container gingerly upon the ground - keeping the opening upright. The poor wolves had to swing them around wildly, but Cannival was a lioness and she thanked her creator for the hundredth time that she had more mobility in her legs then her canine friends.

She waited until a cluster of fireflies drew closer, and then swiped out with her paw to swat it against her pawpads. She made sure to keep the momentum of her swing, bringing her paw down upon the gourd's opening so that if any bugs were caught against her paw that they'd be thrown inside. The lioness kept her oversized paw upon the top like a lid, and then peered between her toes to look for any sort of light that might declare she caught one.  

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
07-28-2019, 02:50 PM

Leonce grabbed his bag from the festival worker with pride. Excitement in his face he went off to find where the fireflies were, finding Colin along the way. Leonce made sure that the ferret was following him for the time being, they had fun to have.

Seeing the yellow lights signaling fireflies Leonce stopped and looked around for anyone else. Maybe he could make a new friend while he was out here. He managed to spot a somewhat familiar face, the lioness from Abaven. He still felt bad about the time he thought she was stealing one of the pups, he hadn’t gotten around to apologizing yet but it didn’t seem like now was the time. Bringing down the mood at places like this was generally frowned upon.

Unsure if he should say anything Leonce settled for catching fireflies, flinging his bag around with hopes for the bugs to get in the bag. Colin was on the ground half-heartedly trying as well, Leonce would get on his case if he didn’t at least look like he was trying.

Leonce Colin action

Leonce has a ferret companion that is in all his threads unless otherwise stated

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-28-2019, 03:19 PM

Someone approached, and Cannival turned to give them a friendly welcome. Her smile wavered as she realized it to be an Abaven wolf - one she'd had a run in with before. She held no hard feelings towards him for their encounter, but Cannival had been doing her best to stay out of sight of the wolves of her old pack, for fear of seeing Shaye or Rhyme or at worst case - Motif. She couldn't yet explain why she'd left.

"Hello."  The lioness finally greeted, giving him a soft smile. Hopefully he'd see she did not dislike him, and she gestured him with her muzzle to join her in her attempts. "How is everything in Abaven?" Another cluster of fireflies zoomed past, and Cannival swiped at them quickly with her paw to place inside her jar.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
07-28-2019, 03:43 PM

The lioness noticed him and he wasn’t quite sure what to do, that wasn’t like him. He figured he might as well get closer to her as long as she invited it. She asked him about how things were in Abaven, he wasn’t entirely sure why she needed to ask that though. To Leonce’s knowledge she was still a part of Abaven. “It’s fine, why do you ask? Aren’t you still there?” Being easily confused Leonce was once again baffled as to why someone would ask questions about a place they lived.

Glancing back to where Colin was he saw that he was still making an attempt to catch fireflies. Spotting some that were flying by Leonce flung his bag again, he hadn’t put any thought towards keeping any already in the bag there. He would be lucky if they managed to stay in there.

Leonce Colin action

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-28-2019, 03:52 PM

Cannival gave a thoughtful yet awkward 'hmmm' as he questioned her further, ears flattening in a small amount of shame. She batted at the fireflies lazily, thinking on how she might perhaps respond. "I do. I mean, I can't actually live in Abaven. Lions aren't allowed, y'know?"  As if he might know the weird rules of the world. "But Shaye gave me sanctuary to come and go as I please. For now I've been further south just.. exploring. I haven't returned home in quite some time. Have they recovered from the fire well enough?"  She wanted to ask about little Motif, but figured the knowledge that her friend was well and happy without her would have made her sad. A new cluster of fireflies swarmed by, and the lioness leapt forward with both paws in the air to try to catch them against her paw pads.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
07-28-2019, 04:37 PM

So that explained it, she was like him in that she could come and go as she pleased. He needed to take more advantage of that and fully explore. Most of his time recently had been focused on learning how to heal with mixed results. Colin wasn’t always the most willing participant and Leonce wasn’t the brightest star in the sky. “That makes sense, I can do that too. We’re still going on despite the fire, not sure how everyone else is doing I’ve kept to myself recently.” Before flinging his bag to catch more fireflies Leonce noticed that Colin had managed to catch a couple in his paws, they were doing well. So Leonce once more flung his bag to catch more fireflies.

Leonce Colin action

Leonce has a ferret companion that is in all his threads unless otherwise stated

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-28-2019, 04:51 PM

"I see." Cannival responded, lapsing then into silence. She couldn't help but feel very guilty that she wasn't around to help with the rebuild, but she was glad that it seemed this wolf kept to himself. Perhaps that meant he wouldn't think to tell Shaye that he'd found the missing lion - if even they were looking for her. She drug a paw along the ground, worrying her claws in the dirt for a moment in thought. Suddenly a bright light zoomed past her face, and she snapped at it with her jaws before she could think to do otherwise. A buzzing noise echo'd in her skull and she moved over to the jar, spitting the thing or things out into it and making a noise that was not too pleased at the taste.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
07-29-2019, 07:39 PM
Leonce continued trying to catch fireflies beside the lioness, flinging his head around however made his neck hurt. Had he been smarter he would have thought of a different method, but Leonce wasn’t known for being smart. Figuring he might as well apologize now at the cost of the event’s enjoyment he looked towards the lioness “I’m sorry for yelling at you on the day of the fire. It’s not like me to assume things.” At least now he wouldn’t have that nagging him at the back of his mind.

Colin could care less about Leonce’s apology as he kept trying to catch fireflies. Annoyingly his paws had gotten sticky from bug guts, the reward had better be worth it.

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-29-2019, 07:44 PM

Cannival gave him a fond smile, trying to show him that she held no hard feelings towards him. "It's okay. The fire was a terrifying day for all, and I understand that emotions were high. I forgive you and anyone else who might have thought badly of me."

She watched as he struggled to catch the flies, and then in a gesture of peace reached up with her own paw to catch some against her pawpads. She covered the bugs with her other paw, and then moved towards him slowly and placed her paw against his containers opening so that the bugs might fly into it. She gave him one more small smile, and then stepped back to her own container to look for more fireflies. Another cluster was nearby on the ground, and the lioness pounced on it with both paws hoping to have landed a few before they flew away.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
07-30-2019, 04:41 PM

Leonce smiled at her attempt to help him. He really didn’t need it but the gesture was appreciated. It was nice to hear that she didn’t hold anything against him. He wouldn’t know what he’d do if he knew anyone held a grudge against him. “Thank you.” Leonce followed up his words with a slight smile of his own. Not knowing if the conversation had anywhere else to go he began to lightly paw at some of the fireflies with the hope of gathering them towards his bag.

Colin had lowered his attempts from half heartedly to barely doing anything at all. By this point the ferret was sprawled out on the ground only outstretching his paw if a bug flew relatively close.

Leonce Colin action