Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveChristmas 2019
07-30-2019, 07:20 PM

The news of a festival of sorts, taking place just before Hjarrandi's market, spread like wildfire through the lands. As Eyrun saw it, it was a good opportunity to spread the word of their upcoming market day as well as to learn as much as she possibly could about the wolves - and packs - that inhabited these lands. It'd also be another opportunity to spread the name of her family.. and her religion, if the chance happened to strike.

And what better way to get the Finnvi name into the mouths of these lesser wolves than to not just participate in some of these games that were being hosted, but to win them - to come out victorious?

Eager to start, Eyrun navigated to the southernmost shore of the island. Unsure how she was going to bring her haul of fish back, which would surely be impressive, she decided against worrying about that right now. Instead, she'd focus on seeing just what she could fish up from the shores of the island. Nearly brimming with excitement, she lunged forward into the water, hoping to snatch something up quickly from the sea.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
07-30-2019, 07:28 PM
I'll tough it out, I won't give in

A noise erupted from his lungs that was somewhere between a scream and a laugh. Álarr ran as Afi chased him, the little cat infuriated with the pups inability to stay still. What could he say? He was restless. He wanted to see what there was to see and to fish in every body of water on the island. He'd been following a creek all the way out towards the ocean and when he saw hints of fish life he dove in trying to pull something out.

As he emerged he noticed his pale raven, Brynhildr, was looking over at a woman who was fishing in the ocean! Oh that looked cool! He bounded over to her. "Hey there! How goes sea fishing?" Afi pulled up behind him in short order. "Don't even think about it, you're too small. You'll be swept out to sea!"

Eyrún

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light

07-31-2019, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 07:36 PM by Eyrún.)

Eyrun wasn't at all opposed to being entertained by company, but she hadn't expected a pup to be the first wolf she'd encountered on this island. A sly grin spread over her lips as she paused fishing to twist around to face the stranger, quirking a brow as her eyes widened slightly. "It goes," she responded noncommittally, wondering if this boy was just a spectator or if he was participating in today's festivities. The feline that followed behind him earned a curious look from her, though her attention shifted promptly back to Alarr.

"Are you actually about to let a cat tell you what you can and can't do?" Amusement flickered in her pale gaze, and a chuckle fell from her lips as they closed as she pulled back to face the ocean, wading a bit deeper into the water, swiping lazily at another flicker of color beneath the rippling water, hoping she might feel a fish move beneath her paw. "I'd think twice about letting him boss you around, but.. that's just me."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
08-01-2019, 07:21 PM

Afi shot the woman a death glare as Álarr puffed up as the when she asked if he was going to let Afi boss him around and he hesitated. Well, yea he let Afi boss him around. Afi was his teacher! But that didn't mean he wanted to keep fishing. If anything he was getting a bit tired. Álarr sat down. "I'm tired of fish. I've been fishing all day. I've eaten so many fish I'm pooping out scales en masse." He shrugged off his pack and reached in to pull out a piece of hide he'd been working on. The trick was to tear it into strips to form a sturdier form of bandage. Reaching down he started a careful process of chewing into the hide, seeking to make indentations where he hoped to eventually tear it.

Eyrún

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light

08-03-2019, 07:08 PM

She eyed the feline with a quirked brow, amused at the look he shot her way. Eyrun was young, and she knew she had plenty to see in this world yet, but this was something she hadn't expected to ever encounter - a cat bossing around a wolf. A soft chuckle left her lips as the boy admitted he was sick of fishing. Perhaps he'd gotten an earlier start than her? His honesty was refreshing though - she'd never been one for small talk, personally, so she was perfectly okay with skipping it altogether.

"Sounds like a good time to stop fishing then," she quipped back, briefly returning to the task at hand. Already she'd swiped two fish from the water, but she definitely wasn't going to stop there. Especially not when the shallows seemed to be teeming with fish right now. A low growl left her throat as she lunged forward to grab another fish, spitting salt water from her mouth when she emerged, shaking water from her face. "What's it you're doing over there?" Eyrun asked, tilting her head as she swiveled around slightly to see what the boy was doing.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-03-2019, 09:34 PM

Álarr continued to chew, turning his head in the woman's direction so he could watch her fish. Maybe he could pick up some pointers. Though honestly it was going to be awhile before he felt like hunting or eating fish again. He felt he'd seen enough fish to last him a lifetime. Holding the main piece of hide between his paws he shifted his head to rip the strip until at last he was left with a small hide bandage. He set it down to the left of him and looked up at the woman once more. "Making some hide bandages. I want to learn to be a healer some day. Do you do any healing?"Maybe if he was lucky he could get another lesson.

Eyrún

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light

08-04-2019, 11:55 AM

What a strange sight, though she'd assumed she'd see quite an array of creatures at this festival. Perhaps this wasn't the strangest thing she'd see during this event. She raised a brow as she briefly eyed him, though soon was re-focusing on the task at hand. Swiping one fish out of the water, she deftly tossed it to the shore - away from Alarr and his weird companion - and turned back to swipe at another passing fish, hoping to snatch it up from the water quickly.

"Bandages?" She cocked her head as she glanced back his way, sputtering some water from her most recent fishing attempt. "I can't say I know much about healing. Sounds like you've got a good start though, kid," Eyrun grinned at him, impressed at the young boy's commitment. "How exactly do you use those things?" Though prideful - and cocky at times - Eyrun wouldn't claim to know everything, and she was always eager to learn more when she had the opportunity.. even from a pup.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 12:31 PM

Álarr set the bandage aside and began to repeat the process on the remaining chunk of hide. Slowly he started ripping again until he had another piece. All the while he pondered if there was an easier way to do this. Would it be better to tear the hide before tanning when it was still fresh? He might need to experiment if he could get more hides from the hunters. He nodded and smiled at the woman. "Yea, I'm training to be a healer so I can help warriors on the battlefield. You can use them a lot of different ways but normally you put a poultice of herbs on them, place it on the wound and then secure it. You can tie it kind of like this." He set his left fore arm on the middle of the bandage pulled one end up with his jaws and then maneuvered the other with his right paw until he tied a knot. "I have a raven whose better at tying than I am but basically like that. You can also dab on some resin to secure it but then its really hard to get off."

Eyrún

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light

08-04-2019, 05:59 PM

Perhaps talking would be easier if she wasn't still trying to snatch more fish out of the water, but she intended on bringing back a grand prize to Valkyrie. Perhaps something valuable to sell at their upcoming market? The thought made her feel giddy, and helped narrow her focus to the task at hand. Talking was secondary, though she was interested in what Allarr was doing. She raised a brow as she glanced his way, getting a better look at his process. "Who's it you have to help on the battlefield, kid? You smell like a loner," she commented idly, grinning slightly at her own commentary before twisting back around.

Despite the fact that she'd broken eye contact with him, she was still listening carefully, taking in whatever knowledge she possibly could from the boy's explanation. It was definitely interesting.. and probably useful, even if she wasn't sure if it would ever come in handy for her personally. "What's your name, anyway? Mine's Eyrun Finnvi." She introduced herself lazy, lunging forward again and sending water spraying in all different directions as she aimed to snatch up another fish.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 06:57 PM by Álarr.)

Álarr wrapped up the bandages and put them away in his pack. He went to go back down when he spied some Angelica growing not far off and decided to take advantage of it being there. He new that healers could use the whole plant so he decided he would gather the whole thing and then Afi could walk him through the finer points later on. Trotting over to the plant he began to dig, stopping just long enough to answer the woman's questions. His brow furrowed at her first. What did she mean he smelt like a loner? "I don't know why that is. I'm from Legion! I have to help out my family in case we're attacked." She introduced herself as Eyrun Finnvi. "I'm Álarr Imperialis."

Eyrún

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light

08-13-2019, 08:24 AM

All at once she she seemed to temporarily lose interest in fishing. She had plenty of time left to finish, didn't she? No use hurrying at it now. Abandoning her quest, she shook some water from her coat as she loped back to shore, giving the kid and his companion their space while she watched them. After a moment he seemed to become interested in a nearby plant, and Eyrun raised a brow as she regarded him still. "And what's it you're doing now?" Sure, she was proud,but she was even more curious than she was proud... and her tone had a hint of authority that she hadn't quite earned. Like the knowledge was hers to begin with, and it was Alarr's duty to give it to her.

Perhaps the scents here were all blending into one. Ah well, not a big deal to make a wrong assumption. She got a whiff of him again as he walked by - perhaps it was just a smaller pack that she couldn't quite place? That must be it. "In case you're attacked? Is that something you expect to happen?" She knew Valkyrie wasn't planning a raid quite so soon - surely she wanted to make their band's name known first, to spread wariness and uncertainty when it came to her and her crew - but she wondered if there were other groups they needed to be wary of. "Smart move to be prepared, though," she admitted, quirking a brow at his foresight. Someone was clearly training this kid well - she wished she'd had this much guidance in her younger days.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-17-2019, 08:38 AM

Álarr continued to dig, his little claws digging deep into the earth. He would pause on occasion to grab the stem in his jaws and try to jerk it free but when that failed he sought to dig some more. He looked up at the woman. "I'm trying to gather this plant. It's called Angelica. I know you want to gather it in early autumn if you want to use the root but I think all of the plant can be used I just don't really remember what bits are for what. I think its for colds and coughs. So something good for winter." He dug down further, carefully moving the dirt away from the root.

He gazed curiously at her question about whether he expected to be attacked. "Well, yea. Packs fight all the time and my family are mighty warriors!" He paused in his labors. "So are you from a pack to?"

Eyrún

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light

08-20-2019, 07:08 AM

Luckily the boy didn't seem unwilling to answer her questions, which definitely pleased her. The way he dug was more skilled than she expected for a kid his age, and she watched with interest as he kept on digging. "Sounds like a good idea," she commented with a hum, wondering if anyone in Hjarrandi knew much about healing. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad skill to pick up on, even if it was just the basics - they had a history of starting fights, and though they were good at finishing them, that didn't mean they always walked away unscathed, not by any means. And protecting against things like colds and coughs sounded beneficial too.. maybe she'd have to bargain with him to take some of his Angelica once he was done collecting it.

"Not a pack, but... a group," she informed him with a sly grin. "We're not really the settling down type, to be honest. We're also mighty warriors," Eyrun quipped, amused at the way she stole his phrasing. Describing the Hjarrandi band as 'mighty warriors' wasn't quite apt, but it was an entertaining thought nonetheless. "Where's your pack located? Perhaps we could be allies," she suggested, fishing for information more than anything; Valkyrie wasn't the type to ally with anyone unless it benefited her, and she had a hard time imagining this kid's pack would be any help at all to them.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-23-2019, 08:19 PM

Claws scraped carefully through mud until the plant was loose enough that Álarr felt he could pull it free. Reaching his jaws delicately around the stem of the plant he gave a mighty tug and pulled it free of the earth. Tail wagging he set it gently down. Yes, this was excellent. He dipped his head and bit the plant in half so that he could fit it into his pack. Once he was satisfied he moved to the edge of the water to rinse off his paws. All the while he was listening to the woman speak. He was surprised to hear that they were warriors. A wandering bad of warriors? Cool!

"We're in the south. Like if you start walking east from here you're pretty likely to run into us at some point. Speaking of… I better get back before my dad starts wondering where I am. It was nice to meet you though!"

-exit-