Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Valentines 2020Critical Hit!
08-04-2019, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 09:39 AM by Dominus I.)

Dominus was not finished exploring these islands. There seemed to be so much that happened here, he could not resist the temptation to stretch his legs and watch the rest of the wolves to try and figure out what would cause so many to be in one place without any sort of.. violence.

It was interesting to see so many cooperating, and after a day of roaming he was beginning to get ready to wind down for the night. That was, until the bright glow of the bugs began to light up the stay. His crystal blue eyes watched them in wondrous awe from beneath the gently rustling leaves of a palm tree. When he saw the rest of the wolves snapping their jaws and trying to catch as many as possible, he could not help himself.

A black kingsnake slithered its way down the trunk of the palm and found it's way around the boy's neck, deciding to assist in this. Together, they left the tree. When Dominus would leap to attack a firefly, the snake was right there to reach an extra foot or two and attempt to catch what he would miss.

Moon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-04-2019, 07:33 AM

She followed him from the starting line, also curious about what sort of activities the wolves had found themselves here to do. She knew of fireflies already, of course.. she knew they were here but she was just as lost in admiration as the younger wolf was when they began to take over the night.

She smiled as she watched him run away from the palm tree with his snake. She was absolutely sure he was completely oblivious to her following him up until now, but that was okay. She took a moment to watch him awkwardly leap into the air and attempt to catch the bugs like the rest of the wolves were, and then finally she sprinted forward and decided to help him by joining in.

She giggled and kicked her long legs against the ground, leaping after some of the same fireflies he was on purpose. Would it upset him? She wasn't sure, but she was determined to start a little playful competition. These were her fireflies!

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-04-2019, 07:51 AM

Zee peered out from behind a nearby tree, cautious gaze set upon the newcomers. The first to arrive was a massive black male with striking blue eyes - a near identical match to her friend Sirius. His height as well was familiar, and Zee found herself prepared to step out in his direction with a polite smile upon her face. It had been too long since the Ashen slave took time for her own desires, she'd bathed in the comfort of her new home and for a time nearly forgot how desperately she desired a crown of her own. Before coming to live with the Klein masters she had roamed this world in search of allies and friends, and now she hoped to tap back into the social butterfly she once was so that she might win the favor of this striking black male.

Her considerations were not lengthy, though by the time she decided to leave the encompassing shade of the tree a second wolf had approached. This one was as far from it's companion as could be. A palate of grey and white, a frame somewhat smaller and more slender. Where the male gave off an air of power and intimidation, the female appeared almost as elusive as mist. Two allies for the price of one?

Zee's ear twitched, drawn by the sounds of their hunts. They'd certainly had the right idea after all, though perhaps she could be of some use. The she-wolf still had her jar from when she participated in the capture event, and regardless of the fact that she'd capped out her successes she saw to it to look as enthusiastic as they did. "Little known trick:"  She offered on approach, curling around the base of a nearby tree with the jar upon a string around her neck. "These fire bugs, they need to land to mate. If you look carefully you can find clusters of them along the branches, they're much easier to catch when not in flight."  Her soft blue gaze flickered to the strangers, then back along the ground as she circled the tree to look for the tell-tale glow. Would they be opposed to her joining them?  

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Dominus I

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

08-04-2019, 08:38 AM

When the ghost lady appeared, he momentarily took a pause from repeatedly jumping into the air with the energy of a crazed squirrel. He watched her come right up next to him and attempt to snap her teeth at the very same flies he was already trying to lockdown. The snake poked it's head out from the thick fur of his neck and watched the same wolf with an oil slick stare.

Dominus was surprised by the snake's shared interest but didn't pay much mind to it. He remembered how much he wanted a snake when his uncle had one, and this one just sort of.. fell into his life without him asking. Was it a gift of the bloodline? He only thought about it for a second before his attention was back on the woman attempting to steal the fireflies he was going for. He decided it was probably best just to move to a new swarm and let her have this one since she seemed to want it so badly. If she was trying to play with him, he had no idea of it.

He was just beginning to walk away from her when the new stranger appeared to lean against the tree. There was something about the way she stood there that attracted his attention to her fully, but he wasn't quite sure what it was. Her words made him grin, a true grin full of white teeth and blue gums. He tilted his head, noticing the jar around her neck though he wasn't entirely sure what she meant to do with it.

Immediately, his bright blue eyes found the branches just above the new stranger and could see the soft flashing of the flies that were inhabiting the branch currently. It seemed dirty to pluck them in the middle of their mating, but it was too good of an opportunity to resist. With a grin still splayed across his wide muzzle, he ran toward the trunk and wasted no time hoisting his weight up onto his back legs as his forelimbs wrapped around the tree. He held it to keep his balance and stretched his long body enough to reach a good portion of the base of the branch. His teeth started snatching bugs off the branch just as soon as they were within reach.

Dominus has a black snake that stalks him. Unless mentioned already by me, it is welcomed to powerplay this snake and allow your character to notice it somewhere in your posts.
Dominus says bad words, he can also be very unstable. All Dominus' threads are mature.

Moon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-04-2019, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 08:50 AM by Moon.)

Moon was having just as much fun leaping into the air by herself to catch the fireflies as what she would have been if he had actually joined in with her. She would glance to him every so often, enjoying the way he seemed to be contemplating how she could dare to take over his own swarm of fireflies. She noticed he was no longer paying attention and ceased her leaping, her pale white eyes searching for the source of what stole away his interest.

She looked to the base of the tree and found a woman, one with an interesting choice in personal adornments. She eyeballed the jar around the woman's neck with piqued curiosity, thinking to herself how badly she needed something like that for carrying her herbs.. especially coca leaves, she couldn't even be asked to travel with another branch of those in her mouth.

She listened as the woman revealed her secrets and watched as the male in her company sped ahead of her to get a headstart. Oh, so he was playing in this competition with her? She grinned but waltzed a bit more elegantly up to meet the woman that had helped them.

"Thank you, I can't imagine the effort you just spared the both of us. My name is Moonlit Wreckage, might I ask yours?" Her voice chimed with genuine gratitude and a desire to know more about the woman who helped, though with the competition still in mind- she also got on her hind legs. Unlike how the brute grabbed the tree, she delicately placed her paws and stood beside it.. though much further away. She sought another branch just as full of the bugs and got to work.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
08-04-2019, 09:00 AM

The inky male made his way over to her with enthusiasm, and Zee made a tight circle around the base of the trunk to speed out of his way. His forepaws reached up higher on the bark then her own short stature would allow, and she looked up at him with carefully concealed interest as he collected some of the bugs.

The woman spoke, and Zee's attention was torn from the male. "My name is Zee."  She offered kindly, giving her a friendly smile. "And who is your friend?"  Her gaze drew back up to him, and she wondered if his strength was comparable to that of Sirius'. He had the size for sure to back it up, though he still appeared young. Regardless, any brute of his stature must be a worthy ally to have.

She took a closer look at the pair, and her brow furrowed in confusion. "Did they not issue you a container in which to hold the bugs? How do you intend to collect them?"  Zee supposed they could simply kill the things, but it seemed much less elegant to bring the festival-runners a mash of dead fireflies then glowing and alive ones in a jar.

"Speech"

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.

Dominus I

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

08-04-2019, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 09:24 AM by Dominus I.)

His white teeth were quickly finding themselves blackened by the guts of the bugs he was shamelessly murdering, but he stopped when her last couple questions caught his ears. He stopped for a moment and turned his head to look at her, still holding on to the trunk of the tree but shifting his weight a bit so he could see her better.

"Who is 'they'?" Did she know why all these wolves were here? He had a feeling she did, and he had a feeling he was about to look very, very dumb.

"Honestly, I just kinda found myself here. I don't know what is going on." Another firefly landed on the trunk in front of him and he couldn't help himself, he crushed the bug and sat back down into the sand as he waited to find out more from her. He remembered the festival his father held when he was a pup, was this something like that?

Dominus has a black snake that stalks him. Unless mentioned already by me, it is welcomed to powerplay this snake and allow your character to notice it somewhere in your posts.
Dominus says bad words, he can also be very unstable. All Dominus' threads are mature.

Moon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-04-2019, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 09:32 AM by Moon.)

Moon also surrendered her post on her branch in order to listen to what Zee had to say. A giggle left her lips as she asked about the male in her company and she shook her head.

"I have no idea, I just met him. I sort of followed him here to see what was going on with so many wolves on the island." It seemed she picked the worst candidate on the island to follow as he revealed he likewise had no idea what was going on here. Another giggle left her as she found herself amused by the situation, and she hummed.

"Are 'they' really giving out those containers?" And could she keep it... forever? She had her own ideas in mind for what to do with such a jar, but she assumed they'd want it back. It wouldn't be the first time she'd stolen something from someone if she did take it, but those someones were usually dead.

A firefly on its way to meet up with the one that had landed in front of Dominus began to float by her and she likewise took the opportunity to snatch it out of the air. She figured that since they were being given containers, she was probably supposed to keep the insect alive. She tried her best to turn her mouth into a cage and hold the fly captive rather than smush it between her teeth, though.. she'd definitely need to borrow that container from Zee.

She motioned over to the woman and outstretched her neck, nosing the container. She couldn't open her mouth to explain, but anyone who'd just watch her pluck the firefly out of the air likely knew what she was getting at with her body language.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

08-04-2019, 09:45 AM

Zee lifted one brow with amusement as the dark male continued to rampage upon the poor fireflies - crushed helplessly beneath his over-sized paws. "The wolves who arranged the festival, of course." She told him gently. The female caught a bug, and Zee giggled gently to see the soft glow within her jaws as she awkwardly attempted to keep the thing alive. "Here, use mine. To be honest, I'm too exhausted to try and catch more. I've already handed my flies in."

She dipped her head so that the jar might slight off her neck and onto the ground. It remained upright, and her small nose nudged it towards the female gently. "The two of you can share it, just, maybe keep count on how much you've each caught." She punctuated her words with a wider smile, her tail flicking lazily in the air behind her. "It is a competition, after all."

"Speech"

Dominus I

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

08-04-2019, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 10:12 AM by Dominus I.)

Dominus watched what Moon was doing, moving closer to Zee and bringing he firefly to the container she possessed. He understood now, but he was partially disappointed that Moon managed to figure it out before he did and gain control over the container. What was he going to use now to keep all of his own fireflies? How many fireflies could he fit in his mouth and keep alive? How would he keep them in there when he had to open it to get another one?! There was no winnin--

Zee mentioned that they could share the container and a grin spread over his muzzle, albeit obstructed by firefly guts, it was a genuine grin full of appreciation. He lifted himself once again and moved over to the jar, ready to help close the lid for Moon after she put her own firefly in. He was quiet as he focused on moving his clumsy paws to help get the lid back on, but he found himself curiously glancing up to take a good look at Zee. She seemed to know a lot about what was going on and there was so much he wanted to ask, but he had no idea where to even start. He settled for observing for now and going back to trying to safely pull more bugs off the branches above and bring them down to the container. The snake was already reaching out to grab onto the branch and make this even easier for the both of them. It began knocking off fireflies down to Dominus by nudging them off forcefully with their body.

"Maybe we should take turns? We could close the lid and open it for each other while one of us grabs some." He liked the idea of working together, but this also meant Moon would have to go at his own pace.. which made him more confident that he could certainly obtain more than her.

Moon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-04-2019, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 10:20 AM by Moon.)

Moon successfully deposited the firefly into the container and looked up to Zee with a closed but polite smile.

"Thank you again, Zee. That's really nice of you. I wonder who arranged all of this?" Her question chimed with hope, wondering if Zee had any idea really. If not, that was okay. The competition itself sounded like fun, even if it did happen to all be nonsensical. Life was short, so why not... right?

She listened as Dominus continued to deny them any sort of understanding on who he was or what his name was at least. He asked for help with the jar and Moon slouched while she sat, suddenly taking on a look of forced laziness.

"Maybe, I guess. If you tell us what your name is, and tell Zee thank you." She would get him to show respect one way or another, at least- she hoped so. She gave him a sideeye glare while she faced Zee, though it only lasted for a moment before she giggled and waited to see if he would comply.

Once he came back down with the fireflies he grabbed, she closed the lid for him and looked up to see the snake knocking off fireflies from the branch. While the snake thought it was helping, Moon found herself now scrambling to attempt to grab the flies between her paws before they had a chance to save themselves and take flight. She got as many as she could with one attempt and immediately pushed them into the open jar.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

08-04-2019, 10:29 AM

Zee was thoroughly enjoying herself, and she matched Moon's giggle upon seeing the female giving him a sidelong glare. She trod over to the jar and around it, aiming to gently shoulder past the massive man to keep him from returning to the container to deposit the fireflies. I can play too. She thought, giving him a crooked smile. "Yes, she is correct. I don't lend out my valuables to strangers, so we must be properly acquainted."  Her head lifted high so that she might be able to look just slightly more confident - regardless of how much smaller still she was beside the giant.

If he complied, she'd happy trod off and return his access to the jar. While she waited the Ashen slave turned her head to the woman once more, feigning non-nonchalance. The other had wondered allowed about the festival, but it wasn't a direct question so Zee figured she could skirt it. The prideful wolf didn't want to have to admit that she didn't know everything about the event. "So where have you come from, Moonlit Wreckage?"

"Speech"

Dominus I

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

08-04-2019, 10:48 AM

He looked to Moon just in time to catch that glare, the look itself was enough to make him question what he had managed to do to upset her. He wasn't intentionally being rude, it's just... formalities weren't exactly something that seemed to ever cross his mind. He found himself standing there looking rather confused as he tried to decide whether or not he would answer to her demand. He decided he would attempt to ignore it and reached up again toward the branch, balancing his heavy weight on his hindquarters while attempting to slap his forepaws together around a considerably sized cluster that the snake could manage to knock off.

He was just about to place it back within the jar since Moon seemed willing to help him anyway when Zee came up and closed the jar on him. He balanced himself awkwardly, not wanting to lose the fireflies in his paws, while his 'brow dots furrowed with frustration. So they both wanted to make him talk? He let his frustration go with an outward sigh. It wasn't a big deal, if they really wanted his name.. he could tell them, right? Zee seemed to change her attention to Moon entirely, ignoring him. He wasn't sure if he still had a chance to speak up and take their help or borrow the jar, but he decided he would try anyway.

"My name is Dominus Praetor," He raised his voice only slightly, to make sure that they could hear him rather than to announce any sort of pride about his name.

"And.. thank you, Zee." The last was said a little quieter, as it was quite embarrassing that he missed telling her so in the first place. Balancing his weight on his back legs was getting more tiring the longer he stood there, so he groaned a bit as he got back to why he was doing all of this.

"Can you please let me use your jar? I can't hold them for much longer." He hated to admit it, but.. he was at least glad that both of them were women.. and strangers that he maybe would never even encounter and have to face again.

Moon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-04-2019, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 10:59 AM by Moon.)

She could not help but feel a bit of disappointment as Dom seemed to ignore her and reach up for more fireflies anyway. She supposed she would have to help him and learn his name later. When Zee stepped up beside her and covered the jar, she erupted into another giggle fit. Well, that works.

She watched for Dominus' reaction, though when Zee started talking to her she fully focused on her and even shifted her weight so that she was faced partially away from the male. She pretended to not even notice that he was still there, struggling to hold his weight upright and keep the fireflies safe.

"Oh, I come from... all over, really. I'm a traveler, so I've been pretty much everywhere. I used to be a part of the Kesali pack, but... I haven't heard from anyone from there in a long ---" She looked to Dominus as he cut her off and spoke up, announcing his name. She couldn't hold back her laughter anymore as she watched him struggling to keep his balance, he looked hilarious.

While stifling her laugh, she tried to busy herself with getting more fireflies as she listened for how Zee was going to react.