ardent

my, what nice tushes you have (Kai sale)

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-25-2019, 02:47 PM

Chaos continued to talk, drawing out an eyeroll from Ace as he turned his head away. "You seem pretty interested in the personal lives of others, you must be pretty bored." He added before turning his attention back to the auction. He was surprised when Ashmedai backed off, a brow raising at the action. Was there a reason for that other than not being able to top bids? He knew Dragon and him were friends, but he didn't think he'd know the reasons behind it. Perhaps there was some other motive. It wasn't unlike Ace to not think that others has motives behind their actions. He wasn't here to banter and argue over trivial things. As far as he was concerned, Chaos knew nothing about his personal reasons for wanting to try and do what he did that day. Focusing on the matter at hand, he kept with his bids. "I still offer raiding services for a all of Winter. Why settle for trinkets and the like when we can just take them for you." Of course, his previous offers of waterproof skins and the like were with that.

"Speech"

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
08-25-2019, 03:01 PM
"I tend to notice when someone's hypocrisy is shoved in my face," he answered his opponent dryly. "And yours and Abaven's has been so very beautifully and publicly displayed often enough to take note." He yawned, twitching an ear at Acere's offer. "All those "trinkets and the like" are solid and tangible items that are available now, not vague promises that you and your pack have the ability to raid successfully, if your pack is even willing to help you aid a slaver by raiding for them. I will add two tanned buffalo rugs to my previous offer," he added to Valk, bidding sad farewell to his brand new winter bedding. Well, Chaos was nothing if not stubborn, and buffalo rugs weren't as hard to come by where the bison roamed.

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-25-2019, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 03:22 PM by Acere.)

He snorted and scoffed at Chaos' response. "You go based off one time between me and my kin. What I do is nobody else's concern, public or otherwise. And in case you didn't notice, I no longer belong to Abaven." He was no longer under anyone's control but his own. His ideals and that of Abaven's clashed too much. At Chaos' words about helping a slaver, a small grin showed beneath the tiger pelt he wore. He said he'd raid. He didn't say what for. Whatever resources Valkyrie needed for her band be it food, herbs, trading supplies or a goddamn rat, he'd get it. "As your brother pointed out earlier, do you expect Valkyrie and her band to carry all that stuff around with them? And now you want to throw heavy buffalo rugs?" Even more heavy things for the band to lug around. "Raiding services for the next season and a half. My pack has the man power to do it, and I trust we would succeed. If however, we don't succeed at every raid, then the items would come from Winterfell's own cache. I am a man of my word and I don't make promises I can't keep." He had a whole slew of things to offer. Though Chaos probably did, too. He supposed at this rate, they'd be here all day and night. Tyranis and Shaye and Ash had gone quiet, so it was just him and Chaos now.

"Speech"

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
08-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Chaos snorted. Sensitive, was he? Maybe he shouldn't try to kidnap women and children in front of everyone on Boreas next time. "The way I see it, you're still a bid behind, buddy. Don't try to play yourself off as an honest man if you're going to pretend that confirming your last bid starts as raising a bid. So on that note, what do you think she's going to do with all the shit you claim you're going to bring her?" He tossed his head with a laugh. "To my last offer, I'm adding three live-trapped foxes to be sold as pets or slaves or killed for their pelts, whatever suits you. The little bastards were constantly going after those birds of Tornach, it wouldn't be difficult to trap a few of the thieves alive.

Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-25-2019, 04:08 PM
Were Chaos' ears plugged? Or did his ego keep him from hearing his last offer? Ace had bid a season and a half. Which meant all of Winter and half of Spring. He decided however, that bantering with the full of himself alpha wasn't worth it. He was here for one thing and one thing only, and that was to get Kai. At this point, he wasn't even bidding for Ty anymore but for himself. Kai owed him a debt, and he would get it repaid one way or another. "All my previous offers which includes the offer to raid for all of winter and half of spring in the name of your band. And I'll throw in a polar bear pelt to do with it what you wish."

OOC//
offers (so I don't forget xD)
x1 white tiger skin w/teeth and claws
x2 arctic fox pelts
Seals (however many valk wants)
x1 walrus
Offer to raid for 1 1/2 seasons (Winter + half of spring)
x1 polar bear pelt

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
08-25-2019, 04:22 PM
"Uh huh," Chaos drawled, unimpressed. "Going senile are you? Because before you added that extra half season, you offered to still offer the same one season. By my count, that leaves you down a bid. But since I'm so nice, I'll raise our friend here six woven-willow baskets to help her carry and store all the stuff she's going to get when I win, instead of making you catch up. After all, I wouldn't want to screw her out of her profits." One corner of his grin tugged back further, exposing one long fang to the gumline. "So that's six woven-willow baskets, three live-trapped foxes, two buffalo rugs, four pieces of armor, three weapons, a chest of gold and jewels, and four young bull elk processed with antlers, and their hides tanned."

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-25-2019, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 04:35 PM by Acere.)
Chaos was not going to be able to goad him any further. He knew what he bid, a season and a half was more than a season. And at this point, he would bid raiding services even higher if the chance of raiding Legion was on the table. He could steal those baskets and everything else offered, not just for Valk but probably for his own uses, too. The thought was incredibly tempting, and he would likely consider it for the future. Now though, he was in this deep and he wasn't even bidding for his nephew anymore. It was just between him and Chaos now. "I up my bid to two seasons. Winter and Spring, plus everything else offered and my crafting services. Weapons, armor, you name it." He shifted the tiger armor and flashed the reavers he wore made from its claws. "If that's not enough to satisfy, I offer a bull moose. Dead or alive, your choice. And whatever herbs you want." He knew Actaea and Ignis had stashes of them, and he was sure they'd be okay with his using some for trade. He would of course, help refill the stocks afterwards if he needed to.

Ooc//
offers
x2 arctic fox pelts
x1 walrus
x1 polar bear pelt
Raids for winter & spring
Crafting services
x1 bull moose
Choice of herbs

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
08-25-2019, 04:48 PM
Chaos laughed. "Buddy, you're letting a fox in the henhouse if you actually keep your word if you win. Kiss all your pack's shit goodbye." His mismatched eyes gleamed at the sudden thought of the possibilities beyond winning Kai. Tilting his head to the side, he considered the tall, tusked male with a half-smile. How much was Acere willing to beggar his pack to get Kai's services? How much was that pack going to resent all of their resources going to buying Ty a slave? He laughed out loud again and turned a lazy grin towards Valk. "Four birchbark containers of pemmican. That's what I think our senile friend's promises are worth. So I'll add five containers of pemmican to my last bid, to raise it."

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-25-2019, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 04:56 PM by Acere.)
Loss of the packs resources wasn't a huge deal to him. The pack was big enough that they could easily restore it all in no time at all. Ignoring Chaos' attempts to rile him further, he made a mental note that perhaps Chaos was a childish alpha despite them being about the same age. He knew little of the fanged alpha, but he got all he needed to know so far about his personality. As the fanged Male offered whatever the hell he called his bid, Ace thought for a moment. He personally didn't make brews, yet. But perhaps someone in the pack did, and he knew Ignis' companions often traded for the stuff with rogue traders. Plus, Ignis' bird companion knew where to get some unusual things...perhaps he could use that to his advantage. "I up my offer with five cases of mead. And meat preserved to last you until Spring."

Ooc//
offers
x2 arctic fox pelts
x1 walrus
x1 polar bear pelt
Crafting services
x1 bull moose
Choice of herbs
x5 cases of mead
Preserved meat

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
08-25-2019, 05:09 PM
"At this point I'm pretty sure she's already going to have that amount of meat from every other slave auction going on here," Chaos chuckled. "A little vague for a bid, Pops. All right here's what I'll tack onto my last bid. One of my two betas to run with your band for two seasons, training with you and raiding with you. He's an experienced warrior, a tactician, a hunter, and more than capable of keeping up with your nomads. He'd follow your orders and your rules, but at the end of two seasons will return to Legion with no strings attached. Which means, no taking my warrior as a captive once you're done with him." He grinned broadly.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-25-2019, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 05:43 PM by Acere.)
Ace didn't care what Valk was being offered in the other auctions. He was trying to win this one. It was no concern of his what others offered elsewhere. Chaos offered, one ear perked as he listened. Well, two could play that. His pack was full enough as it was, exchanging a member for services to try and win Kai was no loss on his part and he was certain the name in mind wouldn't mind at all. Another idea struck him then and he glanced at Ty for a moment. Okay...it was a longshot but it was her choice whether she wanted to accept or refuse anyway. "I also offer one of my betas. An experienced fighter, crafter, and whatever other service you need of him. And you can gave them for up to a year. I might also add he's looking for his sister Okami." He doubted that mattered to Valk but he figured he'd throw it out there anyway. This would help Dragon widen his search if she accepted. "He also has two jaguar companions that are skilled as well. That's three for the price of one, on top of my other offers." Now for the longshot bid..."Furthermore, I offer up one of Winterfell's children for marriage. Your pick from the current two litters. But only after they turn a year of age at least." He wouldn't say who's kids. Though the only current pups there were from his own family...of course, she could come and take a look at them and take the pick of the litter so to speak.

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
08-25-2019, 05:46 PM

Valkyrie barely moved as the bidders went at it; her only movements being her eyes flicking from bidder to bidder. Though not quite as entertaining as watching a physical fight, it was pretty close. Both were committed to winning and it seemed the white one in particular was willing to do so no matter the cost.

One item had been bid, though, that she did not want and would not accept. She held up a paw to stop them both before saying, "I'm here to sell things and to profit mightily. I'm not here for alliances and where I come from, marriage is an alliance. I cannot accept that portion of your bid and I must insist you replace it with something else."

""

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-25-2019, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 06:00 PM by Acere.)
She denied his offer of marriage. Fair enough. He wasn't doing it for alliance purposes but he could see where she was coming from with that thought. Very well then, he dipped his head in understanding and thought about what else he could bid that might turn the tides in his favor. He had offered so much already, but he had plenty of resources to hopefully turn things in his - and Kai's - favor. He cared not what Chaos had to say about his offers if anything. He knew what the other alpha was trying to do and Ace would not be deterred. "Two of my best fighters or my best fighter and hunter. The latter has a very keen nose and can track anything. And he too, has a companion of the sky. You may keep them for as long as you need them for up to a year, and you have my word and theirs to follow you until then." Dragon and Cloud could be a dynamic duo with their fighting and hunting/tracking prowess. He lifted his head in further thought, wondering just how far he'd go to gain Kai's freedom so to speak. "And..." And what? He had many things to offer...but the amount he had offered already was probably worth more than what he was trying to buy. Or was it? A life after all, was far more valuable than material things. So with that thought, he had no problem offering what he could. Materialistic things could always be replaced. "A live predator for your band to practice on or kill for whatever uses you deem fit." There were plenty in the north. Polar bears, leopard seals, cougars, foxes.. whatever she chose he'd get it one way or another.

Ooc//
offers
x2 arctic fox pelts
x1 walrus
x1 polar bear pelt
Crafting services
x1 bull moose
Choice of herbs
x5 cases of mead
Preserved meat
x2 Best fighter(s) or Best fighter & tracker/hunter for up to 1 year
x1 live predator of choice

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
08-25-2019, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 06:37 PM by Chaos.)
Chaos stood, stretching casually. "Well, you got me," he said with a lopsided smile. "I'm a lot of things and willing to do a hell of a lot of things, but I guess I'm just not willing to sell the future of any of my pack's children to a slaver. I'm not willing to go that far for anyone, so if that's the direction this auctions going you can count me out. Guess I'm going to have to turn in my "bad guy" card. Oh well. Have fun uh... getting all that stuff you promised." He sought to catch Kai's gaze, gave an apologetic shrug, and added, "Sorry, Kai, guess you're stuck with a baby sex trafficker now. I gave it my best shot and all, but I just can't compete with that you know? Send me a message if you decide you need a rescue from Sooty the blowhard. And ah," he turned to Valk and grinned, "Have fun collecting that debt. You're a rich woman. If you find yourself in need of a sugar baby keep me in mind." He chuckled to himself, gave another apologetic look to Kai, and removed himself from the gathering.

He was really curious to see how Winterfell could possibly pay the debt that it's alpha had just spent making a slaver band richer than any pack in Boreas. It was tempting to make a visit to Winterfell's lands before the festival ended and take the goods before they could be given to the vikings... but no, better to keep somewhat on Valk's good side than make an enemy of them right now. He'd just watch and laugh while she took that sucker for everything Winterfell was worth.

-exit Chaos-

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
08-25-2019, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 06:47 PM by Shaye I.)
Shaye fell silent as the bidding began in quick fire time, Chaos and Acere, going back and forth, back and forth. The level of items Acere was willing to offer was mind boggling. He was offering up his pack - which he had advertised to his wolves as an honourable place. He was putting their name down for a bid like they where something he could toss around on a dime. Would his honorable wolves wish to be a part of such a thing? To work with these slavers, knowing what kind of wolves they where?

She sucked in a sharp breath as Acere offered up a child of winterfell to the slavers. A child to be raised in an environment like that. He did not even say his own. Would he steal a child from his pack members? Valk shooting down the offer did nothing to diminish the wound it left in her. Who was this white devil? And where was the honorable knight she had known. He shot her a look when he had offered forth his pack for raiding, but she cast her eyes away. “I withdraw my bid” Shaye said, voice icy, as she turned, and walked away from the dark aligned packs, Legion and Winterfell, and the slaver band one of them will likely be working for after this day. She would have to pass this on to her pack, to let them know that Winterfell had dark intentions for this land.

Oddly, strangely, and unexpectedly, she found herself agreeing with Chaos, who was also walking away from the bidding. Shaye shook her head, and didn’t look back. She had learned a lot about the nature of Ace today.

-Shaye Exit-

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
08-25-2019, 06:55 PM
Ashmedai watched with a lopsided smile. Back, forth, back, forth. They were really getting at it. He didn't care for much of either bid until Acere offered marriage to a pup. Poor dude. Oh wait, Valk already shut that down. Ash went to shoot a bemused look to Kai, but remembered they were bidding for his freedom of sorts. Eventually, Chaos cashed out with a long rambling like he was prone to doing. Then Shaye clocked out too. Damn, Acere wasn't here to make any friends, Ash hoped. Ah well, he was glad the side that was willing to free Kai won, even if it was at a steep price. It was no sweat off Ash's back, he had dropped out of the bidding.

With a snicker, Ash turned away and flounced to the next available market. He'd have to catch up with Kai later.
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
08-25-2019, 09:06 PM

Valkyrie's brows rose as tempers flared. She let her gaze rove over the men casually to gauge their reactions. When Chaos addressed her, she winked at him and quickly shot back, "You'll be the first on my list, Fangs."

Then there was Shaye who seemed ill at ease with her ally's (former ally's?) bid. She withdrew from the bidding and was gone is flash, leaving Valkyrie with raised brows and many delicious questions. "Trouble in paradise?" she asked sweetly. There seemed to be a schism forming between those (presumably) allied packs. She was quite glad she'd been here to witness that particular juicy exchange. If she could have she would have thoughtfully tapped her chin. Best to file that information away for later use.

"Not that it matters, I suppose. You can fill that particular hole with..." She jerked her head in Kai's direction. Though she couldn't see his face she imaged he was still scowling. "This delightful fellow."

She sighed to signal a change in the conversation, then said, "You have three days to bring me what you owe me. The tiger pelt, the two foxes, five seals, the walrus, the polar bear pelt," Valkyrie paused to take a breath, her eyes rolling heavenwards as she tried to recite the list without stumbling. "The bull moose, all your herb stores, five cases of mead, all of Winterfell's preserved meat, your best pair of fighters and," she grinned impishly, "A live lion."

Valkyrie fixed him with a look. With all that he had to bring her she wasn't holding out too much hope he would come through. It was a lot and he was from a northern pack. "Three days, Smudges, and if you do not come through, I bet my sugar baby will." She'd turn around and sell Kai to Chaos on a heartbeat.

""

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Tyranis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Church
08-25-2019, 09:42 PM

Feeling hollow Tyranis shrugged out of his polar bear pelt and laid it down at Valkyrie’s paws “The first of many.” He said. Acere was willing to bid one of his children, Volcanic, Incendio, little Ida, maybe even one of his elder children, for Kai. Winterfell would be stripped barren, no herbs, no meat for the winter, and it would take the collective efforts of the pack to win the rest of the debt. He looked at the pelt and felt his heart ache, he and his brother had killed that bear, with Hannibal. His features darkened. A bull moose, seals, a walrus, but what his mind kept coming back to was his children. One of them, gone, how would he have explained that to Paradise? That he had let Acere sell one of his children for Kai. For Kai. He looked at Kai, hollow-eyed, his limbs shaking as the sheer monument of the task before them was laid out. For Kai.

For the first time he wondered if Kai was worth it. Kai who had kept his head on his shoulders, who promised to fight for him, Kai who he had never been fully loyal to, although neither of them won in that regard. Kai who loved him, Kai who he loved, Kai who he could always expect to come running to him, Kai who had crossed the border and put his position within the pack in jeopardy. Kai who left a song in his heart and was always gone by morning. Kai.

“I’ll see you soon. “ he promised and felt part of his soul seem to leave his body. There was much that the lightning king had to think on, and as he stalked away, he felt a sour taste sit on his tongue.

"Talk"  "Thought"   "You"

Tyranis has a melanistic king cobra companion named Raanee, and a half-blind raven companion named Moses unless otherwise stated assume they are always present

Although it doesn't appear on his tables Tyranis' tail has been docked  
AzagBeatPegasusRainRogdarRosemarySegarStenTornadicTyranisValanga<Volcanic

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
08-26-2019, 09:32 AM
Kai wasn't quite sure what to expect. He was still and silent, as first Acere stepped up his bid, then so did Ashmedai. He wondered just how much they'd pay for him - and weirdly, some of his anger was slowly slipping away - though he knew surely he was worth more than pelts and wine. He hadn't expected anyone else to show up, though, but Chaos caught his attention as he sauntered toward the group, and Kai raised a slow brow in question. His bid seemed even more impressive, and for a moment he almost cracked a grin.. but the creeping knowledge that he was still being bid on as a fucking slave seemed to dampen any hint of amusement that he had left in him.

They continued on, bidding and bidding and trying to one-up each other, almost to a comical degree. It was hard to detach himself from his current situation, but if he was able to, he could've found humor in all of this. Was he really worth all this? To himself, he was, but what would whoever purchased him expect? If they expected nothing, he wouldn't disappoint them in the least. He remembered meeting free-spirited Chaos, and wondered if he was just doing him a favor; was he so selfless? Or did he have other intentions? He wondered the same for Ashmedai, who'd seemed just as reckless as him, if not more-so. Even Acere's intentions were questionable. He'd been enraged to find he'd trespassed - would he really spend so many resources on him for Ty? Or was he looking to punish him?

And then came a blue-furred woman - who was apparently part of Abaven, judging by Chaos's response. Her purpose for bidding was even less clear. If she was so opposed to slavers, would paying wolves who engaged in this sort of thing really help - or would any resources she gave them only further their cause? He sneered at the thought, wishing he could just break free now while everyone was bickering and showing off their hypothetical goods, but he knew trying would be fruitless.

Chaos and Acere seemed to be at a crossroads, and his eyes widened as he listened. Acere was now offering up services of members of his own pack and Kai once again hoped Acere didn't expect his own service in return. None of them were obligated to free him, he'd gotten into this mess on his own.. and he certainly wasn't going to feel guilted into repaying them unless he damn well felt like it. And truth be told, he wasn't sure what he'd feel like doing after he was free.

...Acere had won his freedom. His mind had strayed, and the next thing he knew Valkyrie was instructing him to return in three days with his payment. Did he even HAVE what he'd offered? Or would he spend three days feverishly working to gather it all? The thought earned a twitch of his lips, though he was still very much scowling. Even at Ty, watching as he shrugged off his cloak and laid it at Valkyrie's paws. He merely nodded, still silent, at his farewell - wondering just what was in store for him once Acere came to fetch him in three days.