gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-10-2019, 07:17 PM

Cannival had come to the market with a small group of Risen members, accompanying them more for the reason to get out and about then for any sort of purchases. Rumor had it that slaves were being traded, and Cannival would participate in no way at all. If the Risen wolves decided to deal in captives that was their business.

While wandering the stalls, a faint and familiar scent crossed the lioness. It took her a minute to place the smell, but after enough deep inhales she was confident it was Motif. Interestingly enough, the alpha pair were nowhere to be found. Cannival's brows knitted in confusion and she put her nose to the ground, sniffing intently along the faint trail. She had been here, Canni was sure of it. If only there weren't a dozen other wolves around to cover the scent.

It was gone - the scent lost. Cannival had managed to make it into the nearby woods and flopped against a tree dejectedly. From where she lay she could still see the market and the wolves who wandered it, and her golden eyes remained fixed on the crowd and hoping she could spot some sign of her friend.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
08-10-2019, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 07:37 PM by Valdís.)

Valdís strolled through the market as Jynette trotted along at her side. She combed through the stalls, seeking items that would help her craft a necklace for Ásvor. In particular she was hoping for some bear claws and when she found a man who had some she was absolutely delighted. However, he wanted them for a price and it wasn't for any items she had with her. He wanted some ceramic pots, one for each bear claw and she quickly jumped at the deal. Pottery was one thing she was quickly getting good at and she still had some palm fibers in the little square of deer hide she folded up and used to carry items with her.

She moved further into the woods, seeking where the trees met soil as she looked to find some clay that she could use to begin the process. She'd told the man that it would take time for the clay to dry and he had promised to hold the claws for her. Valdís suspected he'd only hold them as long as no one else came along with a better offer. There, that looked like a good spot! She moved toward the water then froze as she noticed a massive shadow where a shadow shouldn't have been. It was a massive cat! Jynette's fur immediately stood on end as the fox quickly backed up into a tree. "Good grief! These big cats really are everywhere." Valdís eyed the cat for a moment. "I'm just here for some clay and then I'll get out of your way, I don't want any trouble."

"Talk" "You" Think

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-12-2019, 01:14 AM

Cannival saw the wolf and the fox as they approached, remaining very still as if she could hide herself within the shadow of the tree. Her efforts seemed to almost be worth it, and then the wolf saw her - it's companion fluffing like a scared kitten and then booking it up the tree. Cannival watched it lazily, wondering what it would do if it thought she could climb after it. Wouldn't it be safer on the ground beside it's master?

The lioness gave a polite yet short smile to the wolf as she spoke. "I don't want any trouble either, friend."  She responded sadly. Golden eyes flickered to the fox, then back at her. "What do you need clay for? If you'd like some assistance my paws are much better suited for grasping and scraping. I'd be glad for the distraction, truthfully."  She lifted her paw and then clenched it as if to show her mobility advantage.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
08-16-2019, 06:23 PM

The cat seemed reasonably passive though Valdís still found it hard to let her guard down around such a large beast. Still, she saw no reason not to try polite conversation. "Glad to hear it. My name is Valdís and this is my companion Jynette. What is your name?" Val quietly coaxed Jynette away from the tree before turning back to her clay. "I'm working on making some clay bowls for a trade. You're welcome to help if you like."

Valdís laid the clay out on a good looking stone. Carefully she began to mash the clay down. "Try and mash that down into a somewhat even thickness, maybe about a half-inch thick. I'll be right back." She ducked her head down to the scrap of hide and she pulled up a cluster of palm fibers, which she laid next to the clay. "We'll want to work these fibers evenly into the clay. It will help prevent the clay from cracking while it dries."

"Talk" "You" Think

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-26-2019, 08:27 PM

The wolf seemed to be a reasonable sort, coaxing her companion down and showing herself no signs of overwhelming terror. It only solidified for Cannival the idea that it must have been Abaven specifically that was prejudiced and fearful of her. There were others in this world whom could have a polite, reasonable conversation. "My name is Cannival."  She offered, giving the canine a grin. "I've never crafted anything before, this should be fun." She moved forward towards the stone Valdis set the clay upon, lifting her paw to it to begin to mash the clay as directed. It was squishy and a bit weird, but Cannival enjoyed the new activity. Perhaps she could teach Motif one day how to make a bowl.

Her heart lurched at the thought and her smile faded. Cannival set a thoughtful expression on her face to hide her sorrow and continued to mash the clay. Valdis returned with fibers and instructions to work them into the clay. The lioness scooped a few with her oversized paw to sprinkle atop the clay and began to work the fibers into it carefully. "What are you trading for?"  She asked to fill the silence.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

08-27-2019, 11:30 AM

The lion introduced herself as Cannival and stated that she had never crafted before as she moved toward the stone Valdís was working on. "Its a nice way to pass the time though it can take a lot of trial and error." Valdís continued to work on working the fibers into her section of clay. "When you're finished, you'll want to roll it back up into something like a ball shape, then mash your paw in the middle to make a hole. You might want to try a few of your toes first and maybe work them out to make a hole." To demonstrate she started using her paws to scrape the clay up off the rock and started using both front paws to roll it into a lumpy ball shape. She didn't have the dexterity for anything perfect and that really wasn't the point. As long as it did its function she wasn't super concerned how it looked.

"I'm hoping to get some nice beads and a few more bear claws. Have you found anything you'd like to bargain for at the festival?" She rolled the ball a bit more then carefully pressed her paw in. Her paws were small enough that it was just the right size for the ball of clay.

"Talk" "You" Think