Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
08-11-2019, 04:01 PM
A few days had passed since she could force herself to eat anything and she hadn’t drank any water for the last 24 hours. Vail knew the end was soon, but as she blinked open her eyes that morning she felt better than she had before the birth. Lifting her head from her paws she managed to get all of her paws beneath her, possibly disturbing one or two of her sons in the process. She wanted to go outside today, she wanted to see the sun and she wanted to feel the wind in her face.

Determined Vail made her way into the sunlight, she crawled rather easily through the entrance and out into the chill of the morning. Blinking back the brightness she could make out the vibrant colors of the Autumn day, and it looked like the forest was on fire for her. A soft smile played on her lips as she carried her thin frame into the sun and the still soft grass. Leaves crunched beneath her as she curled beneath a bright yellow and orange oak. She took a deep breath as she made herself comfortable, knowing deep down she would not get up again. Softly Vail called out to her little family and Shaye, she wanted to be surrounded by those she loved the most as she crossed over.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
08-12-2019, 03:01 PM
It could not be true, she could not be losing Vail too. She was all Shaye had left of her past, and her beautiful sister had always been by her side. She loved Vail with all of her heart, and knew that the world would be a colder place without her in it. It was supposed to be birthing that was dangerous, not the time after it.

She wasn’t ready to help Solor co-parent, the children needed their mother. She was never far from Vail’s form these days, and at her sister's call she hurried over, wrapping her sister in a bear hug the second she saw her. “No, you’ll get through this” she said, anger in her voice as she saw the acceptance in her sister's eyes. This would not kill her, whatever it was. It could not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Tempo

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
08-12-2019, 05:07 PM

Tempo hardly stirred as his mother left the den, though eventually the chill of autumn wind usually blocked by her bigger form would reach the poor boy and he'd slowly rouse. Blinking amethysts slowly he waited for his eyes to adjust to the dim light of the den. Then he realized something was missing. Momma was gone! Instantly the boy was jumping to his paws, glancing around for any sign of his mother, her scent lead... out of the den.

Tempo ran back to his brothers, prodding them to try and get them awake, even if they already were. "Momma's outside, Momma's outside!" He said, excitement coursing through him as he said this, not understanding the grim reality he was about to face.

Tempo didn't wait for Pitch or Beat beyond that and bolted from the den, instantly spotting his aunt at the base of a tree. He pelted towards her, spotting his mother's form behind her. He rushed headlong into what the pup saw as a cuddle pile, wanting to squeeze himself into the embrace.

"talk"

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
08-15-2019, 09:21 AM
”Everyone dies, Shaye.” She said softly, nuzzling into her sister’s fur and leaning heavily against her. ”I only regret having to leave them so soon.” Vail told her honestly. Yes, she would have liked to go back and spend her time a little differently. She knew she shouldn’t have harbored her negative feelings towards Shaye. She had let go of them now though, and Vail was at peace. She would live on in her three wonderful sons, and hopefully they might dream of her often.

”I know they’ll be okay with you watching over them.” She told her confidently, her pale blue eyes finding Shaye’s as Tempo burst from the den and made his way to his mother and aunt. Vail smiled brightly, she adored her boys and hated to leave so soon after they had entered the world. She knew that she was leaving them in good paws. Shaye would love them like her own, and they would grow into fine strong men.

Vail held as tightly to her boy as her strength would allow, already her senses were becoming fuzzy. Her time here was coming to an end, just as her dreams came true. "I'm so sorry this will be our only walk, Tempo. But I want you to know that i love you and your brothers more than anything. Promise you'll never forget that." She whispered softly into her son's coat as he snuggled blissfully between his mother and aunt.

Vail looked back up to her sister, a few stray tears fell from her cheeks as she was beckoned for from beyond. "Don't let them forget me, Shaye." She told her sister quietly, knowing her sister would preserve her memory as best she could. "Where is Solor?" She asked softly as her mind started to blur. Vail completely lost her sight and her limbs began to tremble lightly. She held tighter to Tempo.

"Vail?" The albino woman lifted her head into the sunshine, her unseeing eyes falling on two familiar shapes beyond Shaye's shoulder. "I know you." Vail uttered with joy as the tears stopped and her strength failed her. The ailing she wolf leaned more heavily against Shaye as her head fell against her sister slowly. "Mom, Dad…" The words slipped from her lips as Vail slipped away from her body. The new mother made her way to the beyond, reuniting with her own parents but reluctantly leaving her own children. Vail's body stilled, her trembling ceased and soon after her heart stopped beating. Vail was gone.

-exit Vail via death-
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]