ardent

The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant (Orthos sale)

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
08-16-2019, 09:11 PM

The next captive on the block was a pretty, pampered thing. It was clear he'd lived quite comfortably in the lap of luxury, his lips firmly clasped to the teat of privilege. He was quite the looker and funny to boot, but as much a pet in Valkyrie's mind as the two dogs she'd sold already.

"Stand here, churl," she commanded sternly, giving his rope a tug to pull him in place. The heavy weight he was tied to would keep him from getting anywhere quickly so Valkyrie kept little more than a lazy gaze on him.

She woofed to grab the attention of the bidders who no doubt still lingered from the other sales. "Gather, bidders, the next auction will start shortly!"

""

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
08-21-2019, 11:25 AM
“Oh I like this one.” He purred. Thinking of how he could fit a golden leash around the man’s neck and the pups he would beget for future slaves. “I’ll offer one stag, still alive, to be killed at your discretion.” He grinned, his tail tapping slightly against the ground as he waited for someone to challenge his offer. It seemed the sturdy male was in the unfortunate position of being unwanted for the time being, although Rosemary preferred it to the bustle that some of the auctions seemed to inspire. Less competition was always welcome in his book and he was sure no one else would disagree.

speaking Thinking  you

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-25-2019, 03:20 PM

One of the auction's frequent fliers - the pretty one - was the first to arrive. He strode up to Orthos eagerly and quickly enthused about his fancy for the pampered male. Good. She would have hated to have to keep him. Forcing him to dirty his paws, do whatever menial she deigned to give him. Actually, that sounded pretty good. She'd keept that in mind should things fall through.

Rosemary started the negotiations off low. Valkyrie shook her head, the corners of her mouth tipping downward. She was quick to reject the offer. "I've put that much into feeding him alone. If I accepted I wouldn't be close to breaking even with him." That would hopefully prompt him to offer more. Valkyrie was reluctant to name items as only he knew what he could offer.

""

Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KValentines 2020
Treat 2019
08-25-2019, 06:26 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She heard word of an auction of sorts happening in Boreas. She didn't know if any of her pack mates were attending, but she was certainly interested in checking it out. Maybe if she found someone worth bringing home, she could further prove herself as a valuable member of Risen and use it as an opportunity to climb the ranks. She heard the auctioneer call out the next "item" and upon finding that there was only one bidder there and hearing his offer was shot down, she couldn't help but be curious as she approached. She eyed the one being offered, and as she looked at him she couldn't help but think he was quite the looker. Ears twitched as she considered offering for him, wondering what she had in her own stores. "The hide of a crocodile and it's teeth. The rough skin makes for good armor, and I'll also bid some dikdiks dead or alive." The latter were fun to chase around and their minuscule size were perfect for pups learning to hunt. Or for adults to chase around if they were bored enough. She didn't care what they did with them though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speech"

Art
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
08-28-2019, 06:14 PM
“I offer the zebra pelt you saw previously and will craft it into armor if you wish, I also offer two fox pelts and…” He paused for effect, “The hide of a snow leopard.” He grinned, flashing his golden teeth at the girl, daring her to make an offer that was greater than a snow loeaprd, the cats were rare, and dangerous, fighting one would be hard and arduous but he was sure he could manage it with Harbinger at his side. He refused to think of offering the duty to Sirius, the man who had abandoned him at the last auction and who had beaten him in a fight. His pride was still wounded from that slight, but he refused to let him now how deep the cut went.

speaking Thinking  you

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KValentines 2020
Treat 2019
08-30-2019, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2019, 09:31 PM by Proserpina.)

Her ear cocked slightly to listen to her opponents bid. A zebra huh? She could outdo that. The foxes too. But the snow leopard? She needed to think a bit more on that one. She glanced at the thin looking wolf, taking in his pack scent so she could show up and beat him up later. Just kidding. She wouldn't beat him up, but she was determined to win. No mortal would beat her at this game. A snow leopard could be a fierce opponent, but did he know how difficult it was to kill a crocodile? Probably not. "I raise you an Okapi, completely intact. A peacock, also intact, and two porcupines from Auster." Her blue gaze remained calm as did her demeanor. She was not afraid to bid high for the Godling could her paws on whatever she wished. With Risen being a solitary pack in Auster, she had every resource at her disposal. "I also offer to craft whatever you wish from them, if you wish." She would enjoy the work. She did like to keep busy, after all.

"Speech"

Art
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
08-30-2019, 10:50 PM

He chuckled although internally he knew that if she came from Auster she would know the secret behind the “Thylacine” pelt. He decided he simply wouldn’t offer it, consider it off the table for choosing the lower bids of the two wolves that purchased the slave his sister had desired.

“I raise my skills as a hunter, I’m willing to train any hunters you might have within your pack, teach them the trap making skills from my homeland.” He purred. “As you might be able to tell I am a skilled hunter, as well as a fighter, I offer bear grease as well. The fat of a bear is thick good for sealing wounds as well as lighting fires, I offer the pelt of said bear as well.” He had a habit of raising bids far higher than his opponent, drunk on the thought of crushing them beneath his prowess.

speaking Thinking  you

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Treat 2019
09-01-2019, 10:50 PM

The mortal creature would attempt to outbid her by offering to train the auctioneers members in hunting. Fool. "I am sure if they weren't skilled hunters and trap makers then they wouldn't have been able to procure such fine specimens for today's market. Unless of course, you think they just walked up and offered themselves for sale?" She turned her nose up at her opponent as she tsked. She doubted any of those for sale today had waltzed up and asked to be sold. No, she didn't think his bid was suitable for such a specimen she was attempting to buy. She eyed the handsome male, doubting that he signed up for this at all. And the horse she saw earlier, he must have been hard to capture and she didn't doubt an elaborate trap had been needed for him. "I offer the skull of an alligator, killed by my own teeth and preserved well enough to be used as a helm or decoration. Furthermore, I also offer rare fossils excavated from a special place near the Empire, some teeth and claws strong enough to be made into deadly weapons." She had found a couple of long claws from long extinct raptors and the teeth of a tyrannosaur. She had collected quite a few to craft into formidable and deadly weapons herself, but she had enough to bid for today. She sat there, composed and determined to outmatch the mortal man. Such was the way of a true Abraxas.

"Speech"

Art

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
09-03-2019, 03:28 PM

He chuckled, mostly ignoring her quip and focusing instead on her offer. “Why act as though you are the only one with access to the southern continent, hunting down there would be a welcome challenge for me, and it already sounds as though there are several goods I could procure there.” He purred, then flicked his tail. “Rather than settle for petrified bone, why don’t I offer you something greater; I offer a set of steel barbed bracers, such as mine, crafted to fit whomever you choose.” He purred. “I’ll also raise my offer by one musk ox.” He hummed, his eyes never leaving the blue eyes of his opponent. “Butchered, cured, skinned and preserved.”

speaking Thinking  you

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Treat 2019
09-06-2019, 11:07 PM

"Then feel free to if you feel brave enough. But if you decide to try to take what's mine then you'll have more than just one Abraxas to deal with." She turned her nose up, detecting the vague scent of her estranged uncle. The Abraxas that lived in Auster were nothing like him. They were better. True to their word and with the bite to match their bark. She noticed the man staring at her, though she didn't bother staring back. She was here to win what she desired, not banter with an insignificant mortal creature. He offered up some steel bracers and a musk ox, a brave choice for a foolish man. "Rare herbs found only in Auster. Most quite useful for ailments common or otherwise in the Winter, and a water buffalo. Intact or parted and preserved if you choose," They were bigger than what he had offered, and the horns more deadly. They could be turned into nearly any weapon of choice. They weren't easy to hunt, but she was confident she could get the aid of her brethren to get one.

"Speech"

Art

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-15-2019, 04:29 PM

Valkyrie's gaze slid slowly back and forth between the warring parties. Now this was what she had been hoping for. She settled back and let the two wolves go head to head. Very quickly she decided she wouldn't intervene unless things got ugly - and only then because experience told her a fight would pull attention away from the pinky lifting, tea sipping lapdog she was trying to rehome.

Fortunately the battle didn't come to blows. Eventually the woman won. Valkyrie cared little for the outcome; all that mattered was that the winner could pay.

She nodded to Proserpina. "I accept your bid, woman." By now the spiel rolled off her tongue with ease. Valkyrie launched into the tried and true words with a bored air. "You have three days to bring me everything you've bid. Three days and no more otherwise I will have to come up with another use for the..." She allowed her gaze to rove over Orthos as she decide what he was. "Ergilegur."

""