Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Valentines 2020Critical Hit!
08-22-2019, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2019, 01:34 AM by Dominus I.)

What lacerations the bear had managed to actually land on the quicker wolf were beginning to sting as Dominus pushed himself to run through the pines as quick as possible. The adrenaline from the fight still soared through him, mixed with the urgency to find help for his friend before her wounds caused her to bleed out. He had never seen so much blood pouring from something that wasn't meant to be a meal.

The image of that dark splatter of blood across the pine forest floor replayed in his mind, followed by what he could recall of her face the last he looked upon her. The sight of skin hanging from her skull and hiding one of her eyes was among the more gruesome things that he had ever experienced, but it fueled him to fly through the forest using every bit of his height and long limbs to his advantage to cover ground.

He had no idea where to even look for his sister or any healer for that matter. The last he remembered of his sister, he had been attempting to keep her out of danger at the Maw and out of sight of his sickness that had taken over their father. It stung his heart to think about, but he was way too focused on Exxon's frailty to allow himself to dwell on such things.

A loud plea of a howl rang through the giant's throat as soon as he escaped the coverage of the pines. His paws drove themselves toward the battlegrounds in his desperation- having remembered stumbling upon it in the past. He hoped that such an attraction in Boreas would also attract anyone skilled in aiding wounded fighters, but his doubt of their being a healer conveniently there when he needed them kept his fears for Exxon's life alive. That same fear was the reason his howls rang so repetitively and so loudly, bellowing again and again as if he were more of a lion than a wolf.

It was the middle of the night without a single cloud littering the sky and able to threaten to shut him up with the rain- which was fortunate for him. By the time he reached the Battlegrounds, he had to take a break in his howls... his lungs burning from their repeated efforts to push out a call loud enough to reach miles while still trying to power the beast's muscles during his frenzied running.

On top of a relatively elevated mound stained in old blood from those that were here before him, Dominus stood tall in a heavy pant, piercing blue eyes scanning his surroundings. Any movement at all would pull absolutely all of his attention.

Dominus has a black snake that stalks him. Unless mentioned already by me, it is welcomed to powerplay this snake and allow your character to notice it somewhere in your posts.
Dominus says bad words, he can also be very unstable. All Dominus' threads are mature.

Huntington

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Heloise
08-24-2019, 09:53 AM

the call would alert her.

not because it was a plea of help but because opportunity knocked quite loudly sometimes. Huntington would twist her head toward the call, blinking her round saucers before shuffling toward it. her goal was to see what this was about without being seen, yet the scent of blood willed her forward. t'was a bit odd for her to be outside the swamplands, but she had traveled farther to get to Boreas. her swamp could wait. it was late autumn, and she required supplies. the battlefield was a risk she was quite willing to take to get them. usually she kept a wide berth of the area, for it was littered with idiots shoving their weight around.

the sight of the young man would not make her pause or gasp. she merely stared at him, mouth full of herbs she had gathered with her usual half-lids focused entirely on the lacerations. placing the herbs at her paws, she would looked back up to him. one ear swirled backward, though she said nothing at first. her eyes betrayed no emotion and held none within. "you require aid" the girl stated in her thick Southern accent, tilting her head to the side slightly. t'was not a question, merely a statement of the facts.

""

Dominus I

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Valentines 2020Critical Hit!
08-24-2019, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2019, 10:04 AM by Dominus I.)

From his elevated stand on the hilltop, he watched as the gray woman came forward to answer his cries. He didn't wait for her to travel the distance between them entirely, just enough to watch her and ensure it was him that she was gravitating toward. His pant had a chance to die down by now, but that blue tongue remained exposed as he continued to greedily harvest all the oxygen he could to keep himself energized. Her words made him pause a few feet away from her, blue eyes following her gaze to his shoulder where minor lacerations saturated his thick fur with blood. He had almost forgotten.

He shook his head, frustrated while he did his best to turn his body away from her and hide those wounds from view.

"No, no. I'm not calling for myself, I am fine. My.. friend needs your help. We were hunting in the mountains.. a bear.. I don't have time to explain! Follow me? We have to hurry." He was absolutely animated with worry, fear for his friend causing him to restlessly move his limbs in place as they yearned to run back to Exxon. It surprised even him that he had called the little snack thief his friend, but in his haste he had no other way to explain what she was to him. Besides, if he was this worried about her... she had to be something to him, not just a thief.

Dominus has a black snake that stalks him. Unless mentioned already by me, it is welcomed to powerplay this snake and allow your character to notice it somewhere in your posts.
Dominus says bad words, he can also be very unstable. All Dominus' threads are mature.

Huntington

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Heloise
08-24-2019, 10:15 AM

he did not need help. it was for his ally. it must mean the other was perhaps more severely injured than he was. how fascinating. she had yet to see a bear attack result. where they close to death? did their organs sprawl out before them? would she have to patch them back up, stitching them lovingly...? "very well" the girl would speak at last, having regarded him at his words for a moment before addressing him.

no expression caused her face to break out with worry and concern. she accepted long ago that blood was a fact of life. some would call it a sad fact, but she saw it as a curiosity. but before she picked up her herbs, she would address the man again. "lead the way." shooting her muzzle to the earth, she'd pluck the meager supplies she gathered up. if she did not have the proper ones, it was no skin off her proverbial back. she had nothing to lose from this except a patient. and they could be easily replaced.

""