size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
08-23-2019, 08:48 PM
ooc: I know Winterfell is getting full so if Acere would prefer to recommend her to Heloise's pack or another pack he's welcome to do so.

Drífa had wandered for what felt like ages. She'd travelled outside of Boreas and then back into Boreas again in the hopes of picking up some sign of Ignatius, or anyone really. Yet, it seemed her family, her pack, had disappeared in a puff of smoke. There was no sign of them and for all she knew she was now alone. Truly alone. She'd left her pack and her familiar with a young boy in the south and it left her with mixed feelings. She and Brynhildr hadn't been together terribly long but after wandering by herself with nothing but her own thoughts for company she sorely missed the raven. Still, what were aging wolves like her around for if not to help the youth? She felt proud to offer the young healer items that might help him in his journey to learn the healing arts. In truth she'd expected to die out here alone, but apparently she was so old and tough that not even the grim reaper wanted a bite. So what now?

Winter was coming, it was already breathing chill air down the back of her neck and at this rate she did not expect to survive it. It was true that she was skilled and experienced in surviving winter weather. In the lands she was originally from it was nearly winter all year round, or at least it appeared to be to those unfamiliar with the far north. Still, she was a loner. Loners were guaranteed to have a hard time when the nasty winter weather moved through and prey options became limited. Drífa was still hardy and quick but she would likely need to rely on scavenging and what limited small prey she could manage to pin down. Not exactly the nicest of existences.

Then there was the matter of shelter. She would need to find some place she could protect herself from the elements as well as other wolves. Caves would be an option once the bears were done settling in for the winter. She would likely be able to find one small enough to house her comfortably and small enough to make for difficult passage for larger wolves and predators. Drífa shifted the scrap of deer hide in her jaws which bore a few preserved herbs that she'd wished to keep from her summer and fall gathering. It was enough for now but it made her ache for a proper place to store her herbs. She supposed if there was a smaller chamber in one of the caves she might be able to make something suitable. She'd have a lot of gathering in order to make up for what she lacked but she did have enough experience with winter options to at least have something.

Drífa continued to work her way south before her track shifted east. She didn't really have much in the way of plans. She was just going where the wind guided her. While she preferred the northern territories as they reminded her of home she knew she'd need to go farther south if she was going to survive the winter alone. A change in the scent on the breeze caught her attention. What was this? She dipped her head to sniff the ground and noticed the markings of a pack boundary. Her heart fluttered for a moment but the scent was not one she recognized. This wasn't the work of Ignatius or any of his siblings starting a pack up. Frowning she started to work her way around it, heading south but then she paused and scented the border again. Finally she sat down to think, her tail wrapping around her feet for added warmth against the cool wind that continued to blow down from the north.

It wasn't in her nature to trust anyone but the family and pack she was raised with however she realized she needed to accept the fact that they were gone. As far as she knew she was alone in this strange new world. Calling for the alpha of this pack was risky. She had no idea of their reputation. They could be kind and welcoming or cruel and seek to enslave her. She was small and quick but it had been awhile since she'd had a good solid meal. Could she out run an attacker if she had to. Drífa sighed as she stared at her paws. What to do, what to do…

Finally she decided to throw caution to the winds and howl for the alpha. If the leader seemed off she could try and back out and if they seemed alright well then perhaps she'd have a home for the winter and maybe even longer. Assuming they had room for an older wolf of her particular talents. And if they didn't perhaps they could recommend her to another pack. So Drífa tipped back her head and howled for the alpha of the northern pack to come and speak with her. What did she have to lose at this point?

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
09-16-2019, 11:15 PM
A call from the borders caused him to lift his head from his task, tilting slightly with curiosity. Ever since the packs rise, there had been many calls from its borders, and this one sounded no different than the others. He shook out his coat and promptly headed over, the easy stride of a king taking over as he strode confidently to the scent line. As he drew closer, he spotted his companions romping around in the snow before they spotted him, and then they decided to join him. They were curious no doubt, just as he was about their new visitor. Upon arriving, he found a she-wolf there, and seemingly alone. A small smile touched his lips as he approached, the winter king standing tall though not imposing nor unfriendly as he regarded the visitor. "Welcome to Winterfell, I am King Acere, what can I assist you with?" Might as well get the formalities out of the way first right?

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

09-20-2019, 07:56 PM
Drífa waited patiently as the snow fell about her. She breathed in slow and steady, attempting to calm her nerves but her stomach still twisted and turned. She shook herself, she was too old to be getting jitters like this but still they came and try as she might she was not able to calm them. Still, her outward appearance seemed calm despite the internal turmoil. Soon the alpha answered her call. The pack was called Winterfell and the man introduced himself as the king, Acere. She dipped her head low and spoke. "My name is Drífa. I am a wolf of the regions far north of hear and I'm seeking a pack to join. I have knowledge in legends, stories and healing. Would you have room for one such as I?"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
09-23-2019, 10:22 PM
The pale woman introduced herself as Drifa, also a Northern wolf it seemed. He was quite pleased to hear that, it seemed he'd been drawing in all sorts of wolves who called the Northern reaches their home. And on top of that, she had knowledge as a healer, something Winterfell desperately sought considering Actaea, their only healer with any true knowledge, had been scarce lately. Ignis wanted to learn the craft, but without his sister, his knowledge was limited. How could he turn this woman away when she held a skill as valuable as that? He wouldn't, of course. She would be a valuable asset to the pack indeed.

"It is nice to meet you Drifa, and I am delighted to hear you seek to join us. Yes, there is room for someone with your talents. As of now, the pack lacks a knowledgeable healer. Though my niece is perhaps our most learned healer followed by her brother, we don't have any trained healers at the moment." He thought of Yurei and Ignis, how they both wanted to learn and excel in the craft. With Actaea absent, they weren't getting the knowledge they needed to succeed. "You are welcome to join us, though I have a request for you if it isn't too much to ask? You see, my nephew Ignis, and another young wolf Yurei both aspire to learn the craft. They had been assigned to my niece to learn from, but she's been absent lately. Would you mind taking them on and teaching them? After you get settled of course," Perhaps it was too quick of him to ask someone just barely joining, but he didn't want to wait with winter just over the horizon.

"My apologies for asking so soon. But Winter is coming, and I feel the fates have brought you to us for a reason. You don't have to accept, however." He hoped she did though, else he might have to send them to another pack together to get the training they needed so they weren't blindly feeling their way.

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

10-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Drífa's round little ears perked up as Acere said there was room for another healer among WInterfell's ranks. Her heartbeat quickened as nerves stirred in her stomach. She couldn't believe she was actually doing this. She hoped she was making the right choice. Her head cocked to the side as the alpha stated that he had a request for her. Her answer would of course depend on what sort of request the king wished. He spoke and she was quick to nod. Teaching younger wolves was a fair part of her position and she was certainly happy to do so. "Of course, I would be glad to take those young wolves under my wing. Thank you for accepting me, I look forward to doing what I can for the pack. Where abouts does the pack make their dens?"