gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-24-2019, 01:55 PM

Chrysanthos was enjoying the festival, sticking mainly to looking at wares and enjoying the last of the nice autumn weather. He had little interest in the fights and so he decided to explore the dancefloor. It was a land that looked like it would be rich in a variety of herbs. In particular he sought to gather some elderberry. He'd make good use of the leaves and bark and even the berries if there were still any left. He'd often have to fight the birds for the berries. However, the bark was best collected in autumn from young trees so he'd picked a good time to go looking for the plant.

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
1KValentines 2020VolcanoTreat 2019
08-24-2019, 02:09 PM

Pestilence weaved along for what felt like the millionth time, looking for someone new and exciting to play with. Up ahead was a brown wolf, he looked like daddy! Pestilence knew what she had to do. She pranced along behind the wolf, coming up beside him to just throw herself into conversation. "Hi! I'm Pestilence! What are you doing? You're brown like my daddy, are you an Abraxas too?" She noticed that the wolf was looking at the ground occasionally, and Pesto'd head turned as well to look. There were flowers around, and berry bushes. "Are those for eating?" She asked, gasping softly. Her stomach rumbled. Pestilence was hungry...

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

08-24-2019, 02:27 PM

A nestled bunch of hollow stems caught his attention as he spied a set of young elderberry trees growing in a nice little clump. He approached the shrub when a voice caught his attention and he turned to see a young pup. His head immediately flicked up to try and find the girls parents but he didn't see anyone in the vicinity. At first he smiled at the girl as she introduced herself as Pestilence though her name made him question her parentage. What sort of parent would name their kid Pestilence? "My name is Chrysanthos Beaufort. I'm looking to get some bark off these elderberry shrubs."

Her next question stunned him though. Abraxas? She was an Abraxas? Oh sweet Ley… He glanced around again looking for her parents. That's all he needed was to get caught alone with an Abraxas pup. Swallowing he tried to focus on what he was doing. "No, no, they aren't for eating. They're for helping sick wolves. Child where are your parents? Should you really be wandering out here alone?"

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
08-24-2019, 02:36 PM

Pestilence raised her brow at the man as he questioned whether or not she was allowed out this far. How dare. "I am a princess. I can go where I want." She told him firmly, a bit offended. As an afterthought and to soothe the adult's worries, she waved a paw haphazardly in the direction of the crowd. "Mom and dad are over there anyways. They're always watching." The last thing Pestilence wanted was for this man to send her away, she wanted to do things!

Pestilence moved up closer to the berries, head tilting. "Helping sick wolves?" She asked curiously. "Like, if they're hungry AND sick?" Pesto hadn't been sick yet. Sometimes Aunty Luce brought flowers to mom and dad but now that she thought about it, they didn't eat those usually either. "Can everything be used to help sick wolves?" She continued. "Like..."The girl looked around desperately, before settling her gaze upon a purple flower a few feet away. She ran over to it, and swatted it with her paw. "This? Does this help sick people too?"

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

08-24-2019, 03:13 PM

Ley preserve him! A princess! Oh he was going to be in so much trouble. Well, assuming the Abraxas even knew he was. Now that he thought about it it was probably unlikely that they'd make the connection between him and the father they had enslaved and defiled. For a moment a vengeful part of his heart urged him to go ahead and abduct the girl but the larger, kinder part urged him not to. It wouldn't serve any ultimate purpose except to bring the Abraxas to the door of Olympia far sooner than they'd like. He needed to stay calm and be practical about this. He had no reason to to fear and every reason to focus on the task at hand. He had a pack to keep healthy this winter.

He reached up with his head to pull down the bark, easing his teeth in between the bark and the core of the tree as he peeled some off. His ring-tailed lemur, Bolla, suddenly shot of his back and climbed up the shrub to begin gathering the leaves.

Chrys smiled at the girl's questions. "No, just if they're sick. You could eat the berries but they wouldn't fill you up very well. Not everything can be used to heal sick wovles and some plants are very dangerous, they can cause wolves to hurt very badly." Chrsanthos finished gathering the bark and wandered over to the purple flower. "Ah, that's dog violet! It's a pretty little flower to be sure. Good eye. It can be used to help wolves that are uh… having trouble going to the bathroom."

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

08-24-2019, 03:28 PM

Pestilence listened intently, watching as the wolf's companion began to gather things. She was about to ask more questions, when the man explained the uses of the purple plant. Pestilence's expression cracked into a slow, wide grin. "R-really?" She tried to contain her giggle, but it was no use. A hearty laugh broke from her chest, and she fell onto the ground in a puddle of uncontainable giggles. "Oh my!" She breathed, barely able to get words out. "It- It makes them- It makes them poop?" More laughter followed and she pressed her face into her paw to try and contain it all.

Once she'd somewhat recovered, she stood again. Her chest was still shaking with the remnants of giggles and her voice was occasionally interrupted as she tried her best to keep more laughter from breaking free. "I- uh, I need that." She told him, biting her lip gently. Her smile was still plastered upon her face, and she thought of all the wonderous uses a poop-flower might have in Ashen. "Can you please show me how to collect it?" The pup was absolutely sold, enthralled with this useful informative man.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

08-24-2019, 03:50 PM

As he'd expected any commentary on bodily functions got a giggle out of the pup. He smiled awkwardly and nodded. It was true, dog violet and sweet violet were often used to help those with constipation. It occurred to him this might not be the best plant to give to a mischievous young wolf but what was done was done. She knew what it was for now.

"Certainly. You can use the whole plant or you can just nip it off at the base of the stem with your teeth. I find the roots to be really bad tasting and the leaves and flowers are really what you want." He reached his head down to demonstrate as he snipped one of the stems of the flower. "You can used the flowers dried or the leaves fresh."

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

09-14-2019, 05:42 PM

Pestilence was still doing her best to hold back her laughter, her words being broken by small giggles as she spoke. "I am so excited." She admitted with a wide smile. "What else can I use to prank someone with?" Her want to learn healing was completely forgotten, absolutely dedicated now on causing as much havoc within Ashen as she could. She wondered if she could collect enough dog violet to add to wolfpaw lake, that way anyone who drank from it would be overcome with poops. The very thought made her cackle again.

She remembered that the man was previously looking to harvest a different herb. "That elderberry bark, does it do fun things too?" She asked, hoping there was an herb even better then dog violet to harass her packmates and siblings.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

09-20-2019, 07:06 PM

Oh goodness, what had he done? He winced, the smile still remaining on his face, as the girl asked what else she could use to prank someone with. He didn't want to get in trouble with the girls parents for teaching her the odder uses of some herbs. "Let's not get too carried away. I think that's enough for now but you are right, elderberry has some interesting uses." Some that could be used for pranks but he couldn't quite bring himself to lie to the girl. "The bark, well, it can be used to make someone vomit, this is useful if they swallow poison. The leaves can be used to make an ointment for sprains and bruises and the berries can boost immunity to disease."