size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
08-26-2019, 04:12 PM
Rhyme paced over the border, he was stretched so thin these days he didn’t have any time for himself. He was either searching for Motif, helping Eulogy with the kids, or trying to do his alpha duties. Rhyme felt like he was failing. His own daughter gone missing. How could he go on if he was unable to find her? The slate alpha didn’t think he could.

He’d tucked his nephews and niece into bed only a half hour previous and now he planned to spend the rest of the night in search of Motif. He’d sleep tomorrow if he had time, he had gone longer without sleep before. He knit his brows and turned to head south from Abaven.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
08-26-2019, 04:54 PM
She saw little of Rhyme these days. She spent her days teaching Theory, or looking after Vail’s children. It broke her heart anew every time she saw them, but she pushed through it. She had to be there for them, she had to.

Catching a whiff of Rhyme, the Alpha began to head towards him. She was feeling her age these days, and she felt as though she creaked when she walked. Had she told Rhyme about the slavers that had cropped up? She didn’t think she had had a chance yet. Had he caught any whiff of their little girl out there? He had not said. She came to a stop before him, offering him a tired smile, and took a seat, wordless as she simply felt his presence beside her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Shaye didn’t often seek him out, but when she interrupted his departure he took pause for her. She was just as busy as he was, and she had the added worry of knowing that she had to stay behind and keep hold of the pack. Rhyme couldn’t let her down as well. He felt his heart wrench as he looked at her, tired and worn down just as he was. Leading Abaven had been no easy journey for the pair, and he held a secret anxiety about leaving such a difficult position for their children. ”Shaye,” he started and offered her a sympathetic look before taking a seat himself. ”I was.. just going out to do some more searching.” His voice was hollow, he was numb now. The pain was so much he didn’t feel anything.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-26-2019, 05:34 PM
Shaye gave him another sad smile as he paused, and took a seat beside her. She could read the worry and impatience in the lines of his face. He wanted nothing more than to be doing something. She understood, she understood all too well. Yet, she had chosen to remain behind to ensure that Abaven was looked after. She wanted to be out there with him, looking for Motif, but she could not leave Vail’s children without a parental figure.

“I know” she said quietly. “Did I tell you about the slave market I caught wind of? She wasn’t there, but I looked. I thought we had cleared out all the pockets of slavers...” she said softly, bitterly. Or at least Rhyme and his father had. Should she have avoided mentioning that? She knew Rhyme mourned the connection he had had to the man.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-26-2019, 05:43 PM
She gave him a similar look, one that spoke of knowing all too well how he felt inside. He felt distance from his partner, but he couldn’t focus on Shaye, he had to find their daughter. Rhyme wasn’t able to spend the time with the new members like he wanted to. His mind drifted to Samara unbidden, and her eagerness to help as well. She was banished quickly at the mention of slavers though. His attention fell on her fully, wondering how he’d missed such a place. If he hadn’t even noticed a market how was he going to find his girl? ”You can not eradicate evil, Shaye.” He reminded her as he resisted reaching forward to comfort her. ”They probably have nothing to do with the slaver pack.” Not that he didn’t worry about them just as much. Shaye said Motif wasn’t there, but had she been at one point?

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-26-2019, 05:49 PM
She sighed softly in frustration at his words. No, she couldn’t eradicate evil, she couldn't keep her sister alive, or find their daughter. She felt that there was so little she could do, and each step forward led to two steps back.

“Perhaps” she agreed, trying to keep her frustration from her voice. “But something else happened there. Acere. He was bidding for a wolf that I assume he knew. He offered so much… al his packs resources, their winter food stores, a child of his pack, the use of his members in raids… we may have to fear a Winterfell Raid in the future. I do not know what has become of Acere… perhaps he was always on this path.” she remembered how he had force claimed that mother and her babies at the challenge… She had wanted to blame herself, and not him. She had held feelings for that man at one point. Now? She knew there was evil in his heart. She shook her head, adding him to the list. She could not save him when he had been in her pack. “I don’t recognise this world anymore” she said, voice lost and quiet.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-26-2019, 05:56 PM
She couldn’t hide the frustration from him, but he understood. He hated the thought of his children being subjected to the evils of the world, but he was unable to fully protect them. He could only hope that he taught them well enough to cope with and challenge them. Rhyme prayed Noir found his way from that path. Another failed task. The boy hadn’t progressed, but he hadn’t regressed either. He didn’t know what to do, and hoped Ody could get through to him before something happened. ”I..” Acere had done all of that? Rhyme felt his gaze fall as he thought about the white warrior fighting for a band of slavers. His brows furrowed but he looked back up at Shaye. ”We must train harder. We have to find Motif. We have to protect our pack.” There was no room to sulk or have regrets, they could only go forward.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-26-2019, 06:11 PM
Rhyme was adamant that they do not give up. He showed a moment of surprise, and then pushed past it, reaching for more. They had to train, be strong, and defend those in their care. That had always been her goal, but never before had she felt so tired. She just wanted to take Vail’s children and raise them in peace and quiet. She wanted to mourn for her sister without the worries of the pack on her back. She wanted Motif and Poem and even Theory with her, she wanted to see them grow into wonderful adults.

She let out a soft sigh, eyes heavy as she looked to Rhyme. “Of course” she agreed, but there wasn’t the same passion behind it.

Mother Nature

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
NPC
09-01-2019, 03:41 PM
It's a tremor!

The two speak, already ragged and tired from their emotional struggles. The ground underneath their paws rumbles and creaks as if it, too, is tired. The rumbling stretched out for a long time, starting of slow and rising to where it may be difficult for some to keep their footing. Again it slows, and then speeds up again for several waves before the final tremors settle down several minutes later.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

09-01-2019, 04:04 PM
He shook his head in subtle disappointment as she spoke softly and not near the same fire she had only a year ago. Shaye had changed, but so had their lives. He let out his own soft sigh, unsure what he could do beyond facilitate her transition to a support rank rather than a leader any longer. She was obviously tired, and their age was quickly catching up with them. Before he could make comment though his ears would perk as the soft sound quickly built up and finally the ground began to move.

Rhyme didn’t panic, it just wasn’t something he did anymore, but with sure quick movements he moved to shield Shaye from any debris. They weren’t under much tree cover so falling branches weren’t as much of a concern. Still, he stood over his alpha partner protectively as he struggled to keep his footing. He grit his teeth as he prepared for the long haul, but the tremor was over almost as soon as it began.

”Are you alright?” He looked to Shaye with obvious concern as he awaited any aftershock.