size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Church

Critical Fail!
09-03-2019, 07:46 PM

He tipped his head back and howled, finally sure that he wouldn’t be turned away immediately by the Viking queen and her band. His scars were numerous and his fur disheveled although he had taken care to wash himself in a stream that morning. His fur was longer than most and hung off his body raggedly.

He gritted his teeth as he waited for his call to be answered, an old habit he hadn’t been able to break himself of since he was young. His mother had warned him that his teeth would crack if he didn’t stop gripping his teeth but so far they had stayed strong and skilled at rendering flesh. He sat as he waited, his imposing form looming over a small white flower as he waited.

"Talk"  Thought "You"

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
09-05-2019, 08:19 PM

The market was over, the band wrapping things up, and yet what was this wafting to her on the breeze? Valkyrie tipped her head to side and eyed the place the howl had come from. Her expression was curious as she considered it. It was still a bit early for the bidders to be back with her goods, but perhaps someone had, eager to get their paws on their new slave, really humped it to gather her payment.

She padded towards the caller and was surprised to find a massive unknown male waiting for her. He was perhaps vaguely familiar, but Valkyrie was quite sure she hadn't seen him at the market. She was certain his appearance would have made him unforgettable even in a crowd of bidders.

Valkyrie ran an assessing gaze over him, her expression wary and calculating. It lingered briefly on the flower at his paws before sliding back up to his face. She quirked a brow at him and said, "Heil, stranger. What brings you to these grounds?"

""

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Sten

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Church

Critical Fail!
09-06-2019, 04:10 AM

“Greetings.” He muttered to the ground, his eyes careful to avoid the woman’s in case he offended her in some way. “I wish to join your Drótt.” He said simply, the musical lilt of his accent displaying his heritage .“I am Sten Isneven, son of Heimdall.” He explained, pausing for her to absorb the information. Many wolves didn’t believe that the gods had children, that they were simply children born out of wedlock, but the Hexe that had presided over his birth had assured his mother he was god touched. It was the only way a white wolf such as herself with orange eyes could give birth to a black cub with blue eyes.

“I am versed in raiding, battling, and…” He hesitated, clearly unsure if he should proceed or not. “I am practiced in Seiðr as well.”

"Talk"  Thought "You"
AzagBeatPegasusRainRogdarRosemarySegarStenTornadicTyranisValanga<Volcanic

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Few things alarmed Valkyrie like magic. There was a wildness to it, a danger, that made its use in any situation a little daunting. That didn’t mean it wasn’t worth the risks - it was. Her grandfather likely wouldn’t have been so successful without the counsel of his witches or their careful bending of fate.

To find herself in the presence of a male witch was surprisingly. At first blush he didn’t fit the stereotype she associated with the practice. He was large of frame, appeared strong of body, and scarred as though having seen battle. He lacked the effeminate nature she had been raised to associate with seiðmenn, but Valkyrie was aware of the deceptive nature of appearances so it was far too soon to be impressed with him.

She made no immediate comment on his skillset and instead turned her focus on his parentage. His claim to a divine father wasn’t something she wished to argue; after all her father could boast a similar connection to Odin. She was, however, interested in its implications. The foresight of Heimdall was well renowned. Perhaps his son had inherited his prowess.

All in all he was an interesting man and Valkyrie knew she would be remiss if she didn’t consider him. His connection to magic necessitated more scrutiny up front than most, but she had a valuable ally in Alfrun and knew the benefits of witches. “And I am Valkyrie Finnvi, granddaughter of Odin.” She said this not to brag, but to subtly signal her acceptance of his assertion.

Valkyrie was quiet for a beat, her expression scrutinous as she considered him, then she said, “You intrigue me, seiðmaðr, so I will grant you an interview. How did you come to hear of my band?” The thought of Norns whispering about Hjarrandi caused her skin to prickle with a mixed reaction of uneasy and excitement. He had said nothing of the sort, but his connection to magic was the first thing her mind had gone to. If not that, what then brought him to her? Rumor? Boasting? She was eager to hear the answer.

Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Sten

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Church

Critical Fail!
09-09-2019, 07:25 AM

“I had heard of you, but at first saw no reason to join you at first.” He explained. “Then one day I stepped out of my hutch and found a great flock of ravens, the largest of which was missing an eye.” He explained, recalling the day vividly. “I take it I need not explain to you that this was Odin himself come to me.” He said, tipping his head slightly. “Odin called to me, then flew west with his flock, and I knew my destiny awaited me here. It wasn’t long before I came here that I realized you had laid claim to these lands, and so I come to you now. Let me seek my destiny here with you.”

He raised his head to look at her then examining her thoroughly, she was beautiful, truly blessed by Odin with deep earth colors and blue eyes he could drown in, but he kept those thoughts to himself. He might not have looked it, but the large male preferred to be dominated and as a thane had sought romance from other men and strong women.

"Talk"  Thought "You"
AzagBeatPegasusRainRogdarRosemarySegarStenTornadicTyranisValanga<Volcanic

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-15-2019, 03:37 PM

Valkyrie searched Sten's eyes as he spoke, weighing the heft of his claims versus the little bit she knew about him and trying to decide the merit of the the words of a seiðmaðr. She was a firm believer in fjölkyngi and knew the value of traditional practitioners. A male practitioner, though... It was hard to set aside the beliefs she'd been raised on.  If he wasn't a man in the traditional sense, how much did honor mean to him? Would his predilections make him unafraid to work against his band mates? Lie, cheat and steal for his own gain with no thought to dishonor?

Perhaps her mind was treating him unfairly. After all she herself wasn't keeping entirely with tradition. Her eye wandered to women as often as it did men and she had allowed without so much as a side eye her aunt to bring a woman into their home.

She would give him a chance. If he spoke truthfully it was what the Allfather intended. The old ways were important and they'd stood the test of time for a reason, but, like a vísendakona bending fate, Valkyrie too was free to influence the flow of things. Bending the time honored values without forsaking them altogether.

Valkyrie found herself nodding slowly. "He is wise in ways we can't always see. You are here for a reason, that much is clear to me, but whether it is for our benefit or our detriment I don't yet now." She studied him, her gaze open and without a shred of malice even though her choice of words wasn't exactly hospitable. "I will give you a chance. Welcome to Hjarrandi, Sten, may your time be well spent and your wealth..." A ghost of a smile came into play here. "Fill the people back home with envy."

""