ft anyone

Hemlock

gems
size
build
player
09-05-2019, 07:47 PM
so this happened.

it really had to happen now of all times? here he was, minding his own damn business when this happened. was it normal for apocalyptic events to be overly dramatic? all the prey fled or returned to their respectful holes. maybe a few in what he called the 'blast zone' were dead. that was brilliant. he came to a new place, following rumors of his sister potentially being sighted... only for this to throw a wrench in his plans. he had planned to settle here, but now his thoughts only turned to one thing; find Twig. find her, and make sure she was safe. he had no inkling of where to go. Hemlock had followed the strongest scent of wolves possible, leading him here.

"shit" he cursed, seeing no one in sight. only the remnants of old scents welcomed him. what, had there been a party here? and here he was, days - perhaps weeks - late to it. shameful. Hemlock sighed, puffing air from his lips in resignation. he hadn't seen Twig in years; who knew if she was even here now? she may have had the sense to move on, but if she was here he was going to make sure she was fine. maybe even convince her to leave with him. 'cause - news flash - this totally wasn't a safe place to be. he may be watching the soot and ash fall from the sky with lackadaisical care, but deeper in this land, panic, and death awaited.

Hemlock stood, his confidence faltering as he paused in the midst of the area. he refused to go further in without information, and he needed to find someone to speak to. anyone would do, even the next idiot that happened to walk by.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
09-06-2019, 03:35 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

With the meeting completed and a swift check of Ashen’s borders to listen and hope they were getting out as well, Aurielle had set out at a brisk pace, forging her way through a night that was swiftly blackening under the cloud of ash the volcano that lay in the east was belching into the sky, spreading its ominous darkness across the sky like blood in a pool of water.

Her pale form was barely visible in the blackness by the time she reached the Dancefloor. Thus far, it seemed relatively untouched to her eyes, but with the blackening night, and day still a few hours off, one could hardly tell. Her pristine coat was greyed with volcanic ash, blown on the winds high, high above in the sky to sprinkle down upon the earth.

It all stank. It reeked of a hard winter to come. Valhalla’s homelands were right on the edge of the impending danger, but only just. She’d been certain to let none of the pack remain in the Moorland, just in case—her instincts cautioned against remaining any longer than it took to gather as much of the herbs as the pack could carry at once, to store it in the plains, but bundled and packed, in case the pack needed to leave.

Aurielle was among those sent west to scout new lands. She had a hope the Sweetgrass Basin and the Dancefloor could make a good home until things settled, but it rankled to think of leaving the Plains.

Her brisk, flowing trot slowed as she spotted a form ahead, and she dropped to a walk as she came closer to the stranger she’d come upon. He was heavily striped from what she could see in the ashen night, and she nodded, almost brusquely, as she greeted, “I would say good evening, but this is anything but. How fares the weather to the west of here, do you know?”

She paused, then added apologetically, “I am Aurielle Adravendi, Spirit – or Alphess – of Valhalla. My apologies for the curt tone… things are a bit stressful at the moment…” Her head twisted to gaze back toward the east, where the sullen glow and flicker of the volcano, still in its throes of fury, bruised the sky blood red.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Hemlock

gems
size
build
player
09-06-2019, 07:15 PM
well, this wouldn't do. the next idiot who came by was a breathtaking thing, all dolled up like the moon had graced her form or been made mortal. either way, Hemlock barely batted an eye at her curt tone. his brow raised, deep amber eyes drifting to the more pressing matter at hand. why would he get upset if a woman didn't greet him with the respect he felt he deserved? a lovely creature such as she could do whatever she liked to him. he wouldn't complain. he may even grin and bear it. she remarked these were stressful times with the obvious bullet point being of impending doom. ah well. since when were things ever perfect? "yes, I can see that" Hemlock replied with a light chuckle at her words. he drifted his eyes from the volcano to the lovely features of her face. he attempted a flash of his pearly whites to the lady. "please" he shook his head though "any tone of yours must be important. curt or not, I'll take it and smile."

he did so like a woman in charge. especially beautiful women. but she did ask him a question, did she not? first things first though. he had to introduce himself while they weren't running for cover. "I am called Hemlock Memoire; its a pleasure to meet you" he squared his shoulders back and lifted his chin proudly. "the west is rather... chaotic. I saw a few herds fleeing amongst the wolves" and where the prey went, the predators followed. it would be a mad dash to retrieve any prey animals and luckily for anyone willing, he was a good hunter. "though it appears the weather is fairer there. less burn your face off, eh?" he'd rather be here than anywhere else right now, but ah... he had to find Twig. shifting his attention away from Aurielle. "but outside of this land, all is peaceful." it was almost eerie how closed off this place was.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

09-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

The male, an easy half a foot taller than herself, didn’t seem annoyed in the slightest by her abruptness, and as he introduced himself, she offered a brief smile that would have been a lot easier and warmer in another situation. As it stood, she was worried for the future of her people and her land, so she gave him the intense attention prolific of her direct line as he answered her query, eyes shifting away toward the west, and the sea as he finished.

Thus far, the ash hadn’t reached the west too far, but it would. She knew that would be both a boon, as it weakened prey starved by lack of forage in the winter, and a curse, as the prey could die out from starvation, leaving fewer animals come spring or summer, more miscarried fawns, calves and kits from lack of nutrition…

Would the island of Atlantis be a possible haven? It wasn’t very rife with easy prey, according to her father. Her mind flicked to the whale she’d found beached in the north. Perhaps they would have to seek food from the ocean and seas.

She clicked her teeth, canines flashing slightly in the distant glow of the volcano as she turned back to Hemlock.

“Thank you for your answers... Hard times are ahead. For everyone, I think. Loner, pack wolf, band wolf… We might have a better chance if we all work together, but given the nature of some folk, that may not become an answer until it truly becomes dire. Forgive my question to an utter stranger, but what will you do? Will you manage?”

Conversation. Distraction for a brief moment while she tried to work out a plan of action. She couldn’t decide if more numbers would be a danger to Valhalla, with more mouths to feed, or an advantage, with more paws to share in the work of trying to survive in the coming season or more, until the volcano’s fury had run its course and life tried to find some semblance of normalcy.

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Hemlock

gems
size
build
player
09-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Aurielle seemed more than concerned about the plight of this land. She even seemed sympathetic to them. Hemlock tilted his head slightly at her, wondering if it was such a good idea. From what she told him; she was an alpha so surely, she would be more pressed about her own little community? But it wasn’t the case. He didn’t know if it was foolish or admirable. If it was his pack, he’d be making sure everyone was fine first before the others. Though he also was an asshole at times, selfish in his designs. “I can manage, don’t worry your pretty little head” the man smirked in good humor. He could hunt and he could – if push came to shove – fight. But fighting was not his strength. His skills lay elsewhere. It was rather adorable she seemed to care about his wellbeing though. It may be hard to find food and it also may be hard to find Twig, but Hemlock was confident.

And confidence got you everything.

Hemlock also didn’t believe in superstitious nonsense like gods throwing a hissy fit over the mortals. He saw the eruption as something that dear old Mother Nature needed to do. He wasn’t one of those wolves that needed to know everything all the time to be happy. He was content to go with the flow, ride things out. Life would be fine. He was sure of it. “I should think Valhalla is prepared enough though, with you at the helm. Do you lack resources?” he added in, knowing her eyes seemed to darken with worry about her own predicament. Perhaps he could cut a deal with this woman. Offer his services to her in exchange for a place to ride out the storm… “I could catch you something, to bring back to your people.” The dark man offered, seemingly kindly.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

09-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle’s head tipped slightly at Hemlock’s assurance, more at the remark of her appearance. Such blatant flirting was wholly unfamiliar to her experience in life, though she put to a sense of ingratiation. He wanted something. His comment as to Valhalla’s preparation under her rule brought a brief laugh. “One can be the greatest leader of all the lands, and still be caught unprepared.”

His question as to their lack of resources gave her pause, as she considered the stores of whale meat that had been painstakingly preserved and cached, carefully guarded from small vermin, the moose meat, and the many stores of venison from countless deer. Some would have spoilt, even preserved, but their foodstuffs were, for the time being, hold them through the early winter, under normal circumstances.

His offer brought a gentle smile to her features as her eyes shifted away to scan the dark, flat plain, seeking out the nervous movements of any prey. They might have gathered at the single stream that ran through the Dancefloor. Her eyes turned back to Hemlock as she studied him. His stripes, horizontal though they were, would break up his form in the already uncertain lighting. Her own pure white, even dusted by ash, was still a beacon even in the dark.

“Do you desire a home?” Her question was blunt, shrewd in tone as her head cocked.

Hemlock

gems
size
build
player
09-10-2019, 10:13 AM
“At least you are aware of that” Hemlock replied evenly, for there was nothing worse than bold leaders making assumptions. It placed their whole community at risk. The times he heard of packs falling due to their alphas taking on too much but giving little in return… it was almost laughable. Just like it was laughable that she was trying to recruit him. The man chuckled lightly at her tone. “a home?” he repeated, arching a brow at the alpha. Or spirit. Whatever she wanted to call herself. Home was a pretty thing, all wrapped up in a nice little bow of security. There was clear amusement on his face.

A house, however, was full of potential. “My dear Aurielle, are you trying to get me to join your pack?” Hemlock asked, equally blunt. There was strength in numbers but at the same time, he wasn’t going to throw his freedom away for nothing. This was their first meeting – his first meeting in Boreas – and though he liked a woman who got right to the point, the matter of titles bored him. she would have to offer much to get him to join her ranks. He knew nothing about Valhalla. He knew nothing of the way she ran things. Only that she was both optimistic and level-headed.

“I admit my surprise; you know nothing about me, yet you are willing to offer me a ‘home’ as it were” he could be one of those psychotic beasts for all she knew. Just as he was suspicious of her intentions, surely she had to be a bit hesitant?

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

09-11-2019, 12:49 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

A faint grin tugged at the woman’s lips, the first actual sign of mirth since they’d encountered each other. “At the very least, consider it a thank you for any help you might bring in feeding my people. Whether you decide to stay in the end is up to you, but I am willing to allow you a place to sleep where you won’t have to watch your back in the coming months—winter may well be harsh to loners who don’t offer their services as freely as you have, and they may be unwilling to allow another wolf to wander in peace. Either way, none are forced to stay in my pack.”

Her eyes shifted away to the shadowy forms of the nervous beasts, made skittish by the occasional tremor the infuriated volcano sent their way.

“As for the hunt, I’d love your assistance. I stand out, where you do not, and we can use that to our advantage. They’ll be focused on me, with luck, and not so aware of a stripy beast sneaking up upon them from behind. Again, with luck. That one there—do you see the limp?”

‘That one there’ was the shadowy form of a young deer. By its size, it was late or malnourished during the early seasons of its life. Something might have tried for it during the confusion wrought by the initial shock of the eruption, but whatever predator, if indeed any, assuming the young animal hadn’t been trampled by its own kin, was nowhere in scent.

“Should we bring that down, you will have a share of the kill, and I will tell you a little about Valhalla. Deal?”

Her teeth glinted in the distant red glow, eyes back on the man’s face as one pale brow point lifted.

Hemlock

gems
size
build
player
09-11-2019, 09:53 AM
"my dear Aurielle, you drive such a hard bargain" Hemlock replied, sounding falsely wounded and more teasing toward the alpha. he shot her a smirk before his amber gaze fellow upon the frame of the deer. he considered himself a good enough hunter, but moreso one to sneak about and do things his own way than to train himself properly. he didn't like working in groups either, so there was no formalities when it came to his skills. he could take down something easy or not at all.

without another word, he slinked off to stalk the deer. it was a boring process to watch, but he did do the job. keeping low to the ground, he attempted to hide within the shadows of the tall grass. he did not want to see if Aurielle would join in - he assumed she was watching him - before he pounced. landing squarely on the rear of the deer, the beast bellowed panic. Hemlock clawed his way up the back, leaving deep scratches on the prey before he grasped the back of the neck. it was over in minutes, the kill as clean as he could possibly do alone.

with a final gasp, the deer collapsed. dead. Hemlock lifted his blood-stained muzzle and called out for the alpha to join him. he did so like the idea of having a place or two to come and go as he pleased, but he still had a lot of scouting to do before settling. he would not rest until he moved along the west and made sure Twig wasn't here. then decisions had to be made for winter.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

09-13-2019, 12:58 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Apparently, assistance in Hemlock’s mind meant she was to stand and watch. She did start forward anyway to hold up her part, catching the deer’s eye until it stood, staring warily while its fellows milled and stomped. She made several short feints to keep it focused on her while she watched the shadowy, striped frame of her newest acquaintance slip around into position.

It was clear to her that he didn’t intend for her assistance in the kill as he made his move in a manner that was rather similar to a cougar ambushing its prey. Was he inexperience in hunting with a partner? Either way, she slipped forward as the deer fell as the man howled.

The herd had scattered in the struggle, and Aurielle glanced toward them thoughtfully before nodding to Hemlock with a light smile. “Well hunted.”

Her eyes dropped to the still form of the deer as she mused silently. She could take the sustenance and continue her scouting for possible camps, as well as her journey north to check on Lirim and Winterfell. But first, she had her deal to uphold.

“Well, now that you’ve caught the deer, it’s time for me to talk you into boredom about my pack. Which cut would you like?” The last was asked as she bent, one paw pressing at a leg to expose the belly, head tipping to press a canine to the skin as her eyes flicked to Hemlock in query.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

09-13-2019, 12:58 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Apparently, assistance in Hemlock’s mind meant she was to stand and watch. She did start forward anyway to hold up her part, catching the deer’s eye until it stood, staring warily while its fellows milled and stomped. She made several short feints to keep it focused on her while she watched the shadowy, striped frame of her newest acquaintance slip around into position.

It was clear to her that he didn’t intend for her assistance in the kill as he made his move in a manner that was rather similar to a cougar ambushing its prey. Was he inexperience in hunting with a partner? Either way, she slipped forward as the deer fell as the man howled.

The herd had scattered in the struggle, and Aurielle glanced toward them thoughtfully before nodding to Hemlock with a light smile. “Well hunted.”

Her eyes dropped to the still form of the deer as she mused silently. She could take the sustenance and continue her scouting for possible camps, as well as her journey north to check on Lirim and Winterfell. But first, she had her deal to uphold.

“Well, now that you’ve caught the deer, it’s time for me to talk you into boredom about my pack. Which cut would you like?” The last was asked as she bent, one paw pressing at a leg to expose the belly, head tipping to press a canine to the skin as her eyes flicked to Hemlock in query.

Hemlock

gems
size
build
player
09-13-2019, 11:46 AM
Hemlock was used to hunting alone. he had provided for himself for a long period of time, especially during the year he had been traveling. he had struck off on his own since he was able to hunt and defend himself, leaving his family behind to seek his fortunes elsewhere. but since mentions of a lavender striped woman on his travels, he went after her to see if it was indeed his sister. there was no pressing matters to attend to, he didn't know if their other siblings needed her or not, but he felt it was time to reconnect with her.

Twig... him... they were both moving on with their lives, aging and growing, and it felt a shame to leave it strange between them. he just wanted to know if she was alright. especially with the eruption in this land. no, he needed to know she was okay. then he could live his own life. Hemlock couldn't do much for his other siblings - they all scattered to the wind - but Twig was close. he shook his thoughts away as Aurielle addressed him. amber eyes looked to the silvery slip of woman before an amused smirk crossed his lips.

"just a haunch" Hemlock replied easily, eyeing the fat left one. he didn't need Aurielle to do it for him; he was capable enough to cut his own food but he let her because she seemed to think it was her turn to do something. blood stained his neck and chest from the kill. he'd begin to clean himself, keeping his ears open and one eye on the alpha woman as she spoke. "please, bore away."

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

09-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

She nodded lightly, making the first cut with the point of her long canine and slicing the tooth under the hide, parting it carefully. After several minutes of work, and letting her mind settle into a frame of information, she parted the haunch from the deer and set it aside for the man, pausing in her skinning to begin speaking.

She told him of Valhalla, of its Circles, and how they worked, and how ambition and hard work went paw in paw to rising through the ranks, which she hinted were open for wolves to gain if they proved themselves ready and worthy for them.

Now and then she paused to skin the deer a little further and allow Hemlock to consider each informational tidbit she’d given. Her movements were deft and precise, and she was efficient in parting the deer out and setting the cuts of meat on the hide, with the hair side of the hide on the ground.

She gave him nothing that would be too useful to be taken to another pack as a bargaining chip, and really, there was only one pack that she had less interest in allying herself with. Soon enough, she would be speaking to Deathbelle once more to revisit the talk of politics.

She finished her work, and her explanations and sat back, glancing over the neat pile of meat on the deer skin before selecting one of the cuts and eating, giving the floor to Hemlock.

Hemlock

gems
size
build
player
09-13-2019, 06:22 PM
words were pretty.

either they were pretty useless or they were pretty things that people liked to say. nice to hear, useless when it came down to it. he had no interest in rank and title. as far as he was concerned, anyone that wanted him should at least offer something interesting. else he'd be bored to death in routine pack life. he heard of wolves joining a pack because they were insecure and afraid of the life around them. Hemlock was not. he would not trade his freedom for anything and nothing.

so far, Aurielle only sketched a picture. he wanted the whole thing - new paint smell and all. a pretty border attached. something... feasible. "so" he glanced away to the remnants of the revelry before looking down at the haunch she offered to him. "Valhalla sounds like any other pack" he spoke bluntly but not unkindly. his words were full of curiosity, hoping to gain more information by his subtle touch. "why should I give away my roguish charms and status for a regular pack?"

he twisted his head to stare at the deer he had hunted. alone. without help. without hindrance from 'packmates'. "I will be truthful to you, Aurielle, because you have been an excellent company. I can survive by myself. I need no others outside of casual interactions" he did not need to be let down time and time again by others who were supposed to help him grow  "perhaps I am a selfish man, but you would ask a lot of me if you think I could change so easily. fit into your ideas of family and virtue without being given anything in return."

Hemlock raised a brow at her. she had the floor now. the bargaining chip in her hands due to her ranking and her leadership title. he wanted to see just how much he was worth to a stranger.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

09-30-2019, 10:12 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle listened with an easy interest as the striped male responded to her words. It was, perhaps, not the best response but it was a good experience in seeing what would be the best fit. She knew he was probing for more information—a clearer picture.

An almost wicked grin fell upon her features as he pressed his query, and her head tipped to the side, eyes glinting. “Part of the fun in life is finding things out for yourself. What I have shared with you will hold very little value to other packs—most have already met with me and know some of how my pack works and where our values are. If you leave now, I have given you nothing to share with a possible enemy. As I said, it’s your choice. If you don’t wish to stay after you’ve rested, then I would still offer you one favor.”

She rose to her paws, turning as Aelloshir slunk from the shadows, inky black fur dusted with ash and faintly bathed in the dull light from the distant eruption and devastation in the east. A silent look between the woman and cat was followed by a sigh from the cat as he bent and began dragging the carcass eastward, edging south toward Valhalla.

“I don’t ask that my people change who they are. I simply ask that if they do behave like louts and layabouts, that they are not representing Valhalla while they do so. I want none who are unhappy to remain in my pack, or to feel as though they are obligated to stay.”

Her tail flicked as she tipped her head toward the front, inviting him to walk along with her, though if he was ready to take his leave, she wouldn’t keep him… However, a scent wafting on the air stilled her movements and had her searching the dark night, hackles lifting. They were no longer alone with the spooky prey animals. A grumpy, deep grunt and heavy pawfalls heralded the hulking form that ljumbered from the darkness. What was a grizzly bear doing here?

She held still for a beat, then glanced to her stripy acquaintance. Unfortunately, the bear, startled and unnerved by the unrest of the world, spotted her dimly lit, pale frame against the dark of the night and, already trigger-happy and cranky from being prevented his sleep, charged with a bellow as his only warning. She really was beginning to wonder why bears … well, she supposed she couldn’t blame the beasts—after all, her pack did have a cjustom of hunting bears in Autumn and winter…

Even as the thoughts flitted through her mind she was in motion, dancing aside like a matador and whirling to slash for the bear’s left heel with those long canines of hers. She scored a deep set of lacerations and the beast barreled to a stop, unaware of the other wolf, though it could smell him. Luckily for Hemlock, bears didn’t have the absolute best eyes.

-:: Aurielle vs Grizzly Bear for Death! ::-
Round 1/3

Height: 30"

Build: Medium

Extra Notes: