size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
09-12-2019, 06:17 PM

The island of Ibis was big enough to house the pack of Abaven - at least for now. It was a short term solution, and she could only hope that they had a world to go back to, once this was all over. Her heart broke when she thought of the lands this pack had inhabited for years, ruined by the ashes of the volcano.

The one good thing was that a lot of these wolves knew how to fish. The stream that ran through Abaven had always been a good place to practice, and well fishing in the sea was going to be a little different, she still believed they could manage.

It was only a few days after their relocation, and she had approved of the place Theory had chosen to house them, and had started the work of digging out dens. The dens for mothers and children was already complete, but many more of her wolves were stuck sleeping under the stars. The last thing they needed was bad weather and sickness, especially since they were down most of their healers. So much to do, so much to consider. She knew she was leaning heavily against young Theory to share the responsibilities.

"Speech"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-12-2019, 06:38 PM
She had a difficult time adjusting but she tried to be dynamic and roll with the punches. The cave system in the center of the island had become their temporary home base and she was pleased that her discovery was working. Although the tides had been unpredictable, she had spent the past few mornings combing the shores and gathering what detritus she could. A surprising amount of fish had washed up on shore. Theo could only imagine that something just as strange and unnatural was happening beneath the waves.

"Shaye," she greeted her... co-alpha, she guessed? It was still all so new and strange. "Co-alpha" didn't quite accurately describe their relationship. While Shaye had leaned on her in this time of disaster, Theory still found herself double-checking most of her decisions with the older female. Abaven certainly didn't feel like "hers," even partly so. It was her home, yes, but it didn't belong to her. "How are you? Did everyone settle in alright?"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-12-2019, 06:48 PM

She was always happy to see theory, and she still thought of her first as her pupil. This was definitely a rough way to learn, thrown in the deep end, but at least they had each other. She was glad Theory would get a real taste of being Alpha before the pack was handed to her, but not like this, not in the wake of a disaster.

“Theory,” She said, leaning over and kissing the younger wolf on the forehead, never not amazed at the similarities in their height now. “They are settling in, a lot of them are scared and don’t know what’s going to happen” for that matter, neither did she, but Shaye wasn’t allowed to admit that. “Supplies are going to be limited, there’s no land we can swim from here that hasn’t been touched, and dragging back prey wouldn’t be an option anyway. [b] “Fishing is going to have to be our main form of food, through i’ve caught the scents of monkeys, birds that have fled to here, bats and other critters.” she said, relaying the information she had managed to find thus far.

“We will likely need to come up with activities, both fun and useful, to keep people entertained, standing idle is only going to cause problems” she said, opening up the floor for Theory to throw in ideas. Food, entertainment, and medicine were going to be their main concerns. Fresh water was thus far readily available, through not in as large quantities as it was back in Abaven.

"Speech"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

09-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Theory considered Shaye's update as to the state of things, but not before she leaned gratefully into her affection. She couldn't have done this without her. Theo couldn't imagine a world - or a pack - without her in it. "Well, we're all pretty good fishers and whatever is happening beneath the surface has been washing plenty of them up on shore as well." It would help having dead fish already on hand for the young puppies. Able mouths could feed themselves, but not so much the little ones.

"Activities..." Theory pondered the idea. "Well, I can keep the little ones occupied. Before all of this, you offered to tell me the story of Abaven. Why don't you tell me so I can put together a fantastic story time for the puppies?" She offered. It would be harder to keep the adults occupied. "And for everyone else, perhaps we should continue group training as normal? Maybe Corvus and I could round some up for sparring. That's productive and might burn off some nervous energy." Theo certainly had plenty of nervous energy to burn.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-17-2019, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 06:49 PM by Seadragoness.)
Theory also acknowledged their strength in fishing, and pointed out the fish that had washed to shore. Shaye hadb’t encountered that yet, but then she had so much to consider. It was Theory she had instructed to seek out this place to den, and she had done more exploring thus far then Shaye had. This was why it was always good to have more than one head on a problem. “We will have to start salting and preserving that meat, we can’t afford wastage at the moment” she said, thinking outloud.

“I was going to give you the history of Abaven, I don’t think I could spin it into a story today” Shaye admitted with a sad chuckle. “That sounds good Theory, thank you” she agreed as her apprentice-nay, her Alpha partner, made suggestions. “Abaven was founded by Bass Destruction, and his siblings, Motif Destruction and Rhythm Destruction stuck by him the most. Motif trained as his lead warrior, and Rhythm as his healer.” she thought of the stories she had been told of the wars Abaven had been through, of the fight for Rhythm when the friend of her lover had come calling. Of how she had weeped to lose Rhythm in Abaven, and gone behind her sisters back to speak to her. She didn’t want to talk about hardships, and just how much this pack had gone through.

“But i’ll fill you in on more another time” she said, she wasn’t much in the mood for telling stories. The ache for her parents hadn’t really dimmined, and now beside it sad the loss of her sister. If she dwelled too much right then on their history, after the destruction and further loss of pack amtes, she had a bad feeling she might break down. She didn’t want Theory to see that. “If you concentrate on the kids, get Corvus to start organising some training, and ill take groups out to hunt down supplies to preserving and herbs” she said at last.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

09-17-2019, 06:46 PM
"Well, at least there's plenty of salt water," she laughed awkwardly. That much was true. It was everywhere - the salt stung her nose and eyes constantly. Her fur was stiff with the stuff. There was no getting away from it. Theo figured that she'd be sick of the ocean at the end of this all. She made a quiet noise of surprise at the mention of another Motif - she hadn't known that there was a namesake involved. Although she itched to ask Shaye more about it, the way that she spoke quite quickly of it all let her know that now wasn't the best time.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. I don't mind organizing some training of my own. You're right, we should all keep busy." Shaye was so wise. Theo couldn't imagine doing this on her own. It didn't even cross her mind that one day it might be the case. "Is there anything I can do for you?" she asked pointedly, folding her ears with a hint of nervousness. Theo hoped that she wasn't overstepping her boundaries, but she was worried about how Shaye was holding up.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-17-2019, 06:54 PM
She smiled sadly at Theory, it was clear she had caught more of Shaye’s mood then the Alpha had intended. She gave the girl - Grief, was she really taller than Shaye now? - a kiss on the cheek at her gentle words. “I’ll be fine, just old and sentimental.” she said, forcing out a chuckle. “Let’s see to the needs of the pack, and then perhaps you can listen to me ramble about the past” she suggested.

“I trust you to figure out the best place for you to be, so if you want to organise training, feel free to go ahead.” Shaye said, trying not to consider how soon it might be that it was just Theory, taking on all the responsibilities of Abaven. Perhaps Shaye wouldn’t be feeling so old, if there wasn’t always one disaster or another that the pack was facing. When did she start feeling so tired? “Herbs is going to be a hard one, we only have what we brought with us and what we can find on the island, whats on the mainland will mostly be buried in asah now” she admitted, turning her thoughts back to the task at hand.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

09-17-2019, 06:59 PM
"Well... the ash will be good fertilizer come springtime," she muttered, trying to look on the bright side. It didn't feel right to be so sunnily optimistic in the face of this disaster, but she couldn't help herself; her nature was to try and see the best in things, even to a fault. "And you're not old," Theo chastised her co-alpha crossly, nuzzling her cheek against Shaye's. The younger female tried to ignore the fact that she was a bit taller than Shaye - it was an uncomfortable reality and a reminder that time was passing more quickly than she might have liked.

"The forest here seems fairly diverse. I hope we have some luck, but I don't know too much about herbs..." She felt a little guilty for having such a conspicuous lack of knowledge. Herbs had never been her strong suit. Would learning more of the healing arts better serve her pack?