Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
10-02-2019, 10:00 PM

Willoughby left him and his steps turned still. His paws firmly planted while he watched the female spring forward with life and terror, startling the animals and pushing them towards him. Out he sprang and lept towards the second rabbit, snapping his teeth around the skull of the animal as it kicked back on it's paws to flee. Snarling with the animal in his grasp, he lifted his head and pounded the body of the hare against the ground twice, flicking his head from one side to the other to snap the neck and break some bones. Dropping the meal and moving up, his teeth chittered along the body to loosen and soften the meat. Tenderizing his meal before taking a moment to raise his head up and check on Willoughby.

She had caught her own meal, and backed him up just in case he'd failed to catch a body. He knew how to lunge and snag, but often he missed. Today was a lucky day for him, and he thanked whoever was guiding his hand at hunting. Leaving a paw on the hare, to signify posession he raised his head to speak and smiled to Willoughby. "I missed your performance, I feel so sad.. I'm sorry." The gentleman dipped his head and tilted an eye to see her catch, a hearty hare with enough meat to feed a wolf, or two if they shared well. His own was a bit more skinny. He was grateful however, for the fact he'd caught something just for himself. Serpentine hated to share with anyone. Even family or friends.

"Ha! No one does it better than I do."
[Image: SIgnatureedit.jpg]

Willoughby

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Heloise
10-03-2019, 05:26 PM

he had managed to catch his own, but she would have shared with him if he hadn't. Willoughby walked over to where he was as he met her, a hare hanging from his own jaws. Serpentine remarked he had missed her performance, causing her to giggle snort. she bent her head to put her own hare on the ground as she replied to him "there will be plenty of time to hunt together, don't worry" she told him with a smile. if he was to join her band, the man had lots of opportunities to continue hunting with her.

she wanted her eventual friends to be kept well fed. especially in dark times like this. food would be scarcer in the mainland though. she knew Serpentine would help hunt too because if his family was involved he'd want to make sure they weren't starving on the road. Willoughby sat down, slightly put off by the blood still dripping down her front. she made a mental note to clean it off in the water soon after she ate. "shall we dig in?" the woman asked, gesturing with a paw to their meal.

"Speech"

Serpentine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
10-04-2019, 05:01 PM

Propping his head up to look at the female he gave a sigh and smiled while nodding to her words. Golden eyes watched her own crimson eyes and he gave a laugh, only on a thought he spoke out loud. "Hopefully you don't watch me crack my head open again." His teeth chattered together in the soft laugh he gave, lowering his head to pick up his meal before stopping to hear her out again.

With his jaws parted and almost wrapped around the corpse but he stopped to close them and peer up at Willoughby with her question being asked. "Oh, definitely. Then perhaps we should find a place to rest for the night, it's getting late." He said without thinking about what he'd said. Inviting her to sleep alongside him was bad manners as far as he was concerned and just as he'd picked up his rabbit, he dropped it to clean up his previous statement. "I mean if you'd like! You don't need to stay around my scrawny ass." Chuckling, he nervously kicked the rabbit and looked down to watch it flop lifelessly over to it's side.

Picking it back up in his jaws, he soon lowered himself to the ground without making eye contact with Willoughby again, due to embarrassment. His teeth punctured the soft meat and he felt the rabbit squish with his jaws, his maw gnawing at the body to tear off chunks of fur before ripping fully into the flesh of his meal. He felt like he was being watched, something prying eyes on him while the two sat together and got ready to eat. Was something lurking around them?

"Speech"
[Image: SIgnatureedit.jpg]

Willoughby

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Heloise
10-04-2019, 07:53 PM

"I should think if you hang around with me enough times, you will see me do the same" Willoughby giggled, having already smacked her head on several occasions before meeting Serpentine. though she had patched herself up by washing the blood off in a pool, his still trickled down his head like a red line. she had half a mind to reach up and lick it away, but she did not want him to think she was mothering him. as he suggested they find a place to rest for the night, she was far from embarrassed.

she was delighted to have some company, in fact. so many nights had been spent looking at the stars alone. she could share the wisdom of the constellations and signs with her new friend. "scrawny or not, I would be delighted to share a den with you" she chirped naively, grinning broadly "I do like to talk before I go to sleep, so I hope you do not mind. sometimes I have so many thoughts before bedtime... I cannot keep them all inside." Serpentine would lower himself to eat, causing her to do the same.

Bee often talked to the stars. either alone or with others in her presence. he was right though; it was getting late. the soft afternoon had come to a halt, beckoning the night's watch. she munched on her hare thoughtfully, also welcoming the easy (or so she thought) silence between the pair of wolves. unaware of being watched from the brush, however, she continued to eat without a care in the world. she had no self-preservation instincts at times.

"Speech"