size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
10-11-2019, 05:30 PM
Build me up from bones, Wrap me up in skin, Hold me close enough to breathe me in

Drífa's search for herbs led her west. With the warmer climate she hoped that maybe the herbs were resisting the call of winter but secretly she doubted it. The volcano had thrown everything into chaos and by midwinter there were rarely any herbs left. Still, she figured it was worth the trip. Back in her homeland when the northern wolves before desperate for herbs they would risk trips into the southern territories near their enemies. Perhaps the climate in this land was similar.

Blue eyes flickered eastward toward the volcano. There was the problem of the ash though. She eyed the gray smear that lingered in the sky and even now dulled the sunlight that would otherwise warm the earth. What a mess. She was starting to wonder if disaster just followed her everywhere.

Drífa continued to work her way through the dancefloor. She'd heard that there were elderberry bushes here and even if she could not harvest the leaves or berries the bark still had many medicinal uses. She was moving southward when a bright bit of orange caught her eye. It was far too cold to be a flower and as she moved closer she saw it was a pumpkin! Reaching out a paw, she delicately scrapped the snow off the top and stood gazing down at it. She hadn't expected to find a pumpkin out this way and she wondered if the seed had been intentionally planted or if it had passed through another animal to this place.